http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 09:00:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M. Shamalamadingdong Night's Avatar: the Last Airbender movie  (Read 4480 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »

pics are starting to leak out.  I've never really gotten into the series (I do have Book One in my Netflix queue though), but it should be interesting to see how Shingdangdong handles a commercial property, and to see if we don't get a twist where Aang discovers he is actually Goku, who is in a coma and dreaming all of this  icon_twisted
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:09:16 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:12:34 PM »

after watching the happening I'm done with him
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »

What a twist!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »

isnt there a game with that boy? I seem to remember him from somewhere

A new one
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

Quote from: naednek on May 23, 2009, 08:12:34 PM

Yeah, he took any promises of a bright future that he may have won with The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and promptly dashed them on the rocks of mediocrity with The Village, The Bitch in the Pool, Signs and The Happening. 

The fact that he insists on sticking himself in each of his movies comes across as egotistical instead of fun, by the way.  Hitchcock did it right.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:10:49 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »

His cameos started out amusing because they began as they should, with small parts.  Starting in Signs, he started inserting himself in bigger and bigger roles, until finally we have Bitch in the Pool, where he casts himself as the Messiah.  That plot device would have been trite under the best of circumstances, but when it's the director playing the role, it goes completely into the realm of self-serving egotism.

I did like bits of that movie (the guy working out just one arm was funny), but yeah, that was bad.  The Happening was worse, and I didn't think that was possible.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on May 26, 2009, 08:21:58 PM

His cameos started out amusing because they began as they should, with small parts.  Starting in Signs, he started inserting himself in bigger and bigger roles, until finally we have Bitch in the Pool, where he casts himself as the Messiah.  That plot device would have been trite under the best of circumstances, but when it's the director playing the role, it goes completely into the realm of self-serving egotism.

I did like bits of that movie (the guy working out just one arm was funny), but yeah, that was bad.  The Happening was worse, and I didn't think that was possible.

I liked it in The Village how he plays a security guard, but you never see his face.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »

I hated him in The Village.  I actually liked the movie, but his cameo was terrible.  Placing yourself in a movie isn't clever and does nothing (especially in The Village) but take the audience out of the movie when they realize "that's the director!"  It's the same reason I hate Stan Lee's cameos in all the Marvel movies.  Enough!  Get over yourself.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »

Stan Lee's cameos have also gone downhill.  They started out alright in Spiderman, where you barely saw him.  There's a steady decline until you hit rock bottom in Fantastic Four 2 where he essentially walks onscreen and says "I'm Stan Lee!" Of course, the kicker is that in the previous Fantastic Four movie, he'd played the mailman or the doorman or something.  They should at least keep some semblance of continuity in the cameos.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:38 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on May 26, 2009, 08:58:31 PM

Stan Lee's cameos have also gone downhill.  They started out alright in Spiderman, where you barely saw him.  There's a steady decline until you hit rock bottom in Fantastic Four 2 where he essentially walks onscreen and says "I'm Stan Lee!" Of course, the kicker is that in the previous Fantastic Four movie, he'd played the mailman or the doorman or something.  They should at least keep some semblance of continuity in the cameos.

i never saw ff2, but his cameo in spiderman 3 is worthy of hate right alongside that trainwreck off a movie.  he basically walks in just to spout his usual line about responsibilityor some such trite crap and is a proper burial for that ffranchise after' dancing with the emo-man' put it into a coma. 

what's odd is that i don't remember his parts in either of the last two, so i think someone finally told him to back of a bit.  good that they did. 

nothng M. Nuts She-male-with-a-ding-dong does any more has any promise and even if this somehow got better than review scores in the 20's, i wouldn't watch it even on the free channels. 

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 03:43:15 AM »

There was no gradual decline for M. Night Shamalamadingdong. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs were exceptionally well done films, and then all of a sudden his career falls off of a cliff and he starts releasing steaming turd after steaming turd.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 03:48:34 AM »

Quote from: JayDee on May 28, 2009, 03:43:15 AM

There was no gradual decline for M. Night Shamalamadingdong. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs were exceptionally well done films, and then all of a sudden his career falls off of a cliff and he starts releasing steaming turd after steaming turd.

I agree.

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 05:27:37 AM »

Quote from: Caine on May 28, 2009, 03:24:38 AM

what's odd is that i don't remember his parts in either of the last two, so i think someone finally told him to back of a bit.  good that they did. 

Seriously?  He was Hugh Hefner in Iron Man and the guy who drank the soda with Bruce's gamma blood in Hulk.  Definitely, the best 2 cameos in my opinion.

And seriously, Stan's the man- he co-created these characters years ago, let him have his fun.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 06:15:32 AM »

Here's to hoping that being constrained by someone else's vision brings him back to his glory days.  If he tries to put some stupid twist into the story I'm gonna scream.

On the other hand, the TV animated series was so good I can safely ignore a live action movie.
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 02:09:59 PM »

M. Night Shyamalan has a better track record than Kevin "I can't do better than Dances with Wolves" Costner. I enjoyed everything up to The Lady in the Water, which I didn't see because of the bad reviews. I might have to rent his other movies to see if they really are that bad. I do, however, agree that he needs to cut back on the acting in his own movies. Walk on cameos are more fun.

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »

How many 'books' were there in the animated series?  I see netflix has up to book three, are there anymore forthcoming?

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »

Quote from: hispanicgamer on May 28, 2009, 02:09:59 PM

M. Night Shyamalan has a better track record than Kevin "I can't do better than Dances with Wolves" Costner.

icon_lol 

That's like saying Swine Flu is better than Legionnaires Disease because it's killed fewer people. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

I just can’t see this working.  The series was surprisingly mature and put children in the position to terribly maim or outright kill each other, not to mention that the magic is based on incredibly complicated martial arts maneuvers.  I have a hard time believing they will be able to pull it off with real actors and not make it look foolish. 

And there were three books.  The first was a little slow but two and three were pretty incredible for an animated TV series.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 07:11:20 PM »

I enjoyed everything up to The Lady in the Water, which I didn't see because of the bad reviews. I might have to rent his other movies to see if they really are that bad.

You need to watch that movie, because those of us who saw it think anybody still saying anything positive about M. Night is insane.
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »

M. Night Shyamalan has a better track record than Kevin "I can't do better than Dances with Wolves" Costner. I enjoyed everything up to The Lady in the Water, which I didn't see because of the bad reviews. I might have to rent his other movies to see if they really are that bad. I do, however, agree that he needs to cut back on the acting in his own movies. Walk on cameos are more fun.

I'm about as big a M. Night fan as exists - I love love love everything up to Signs and really enjoyed the Village. Up to then, I saw every movie he did without regards to reviews or subject matters. With that as background, Lady in the Water and The Happening are absolutely hideous stench filled abominations which basically have nothing whatsoever in common with his other films. It's like he got replaced with a pod person. Which would've made for a more interesting and well written movie than Lady in the Water or The Happening.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

Quote from: naednek on May 23, 2009, 08:12:34 PM

Agreed. The Happening was the worst movie I saw in 2008 and one of the worst I have EVER seen.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »

Yeah, Sixth Sense was pretty neat, Unbreakable was awesome, Signs was very good until the last 5 minutes or so, the Village was pretty good. Then *splat!* comes two of the smelliest turds this side of The Stupids: The Movie.

Dunno about this one, but I'll probably put it on my Netflix queue just to see what's up.
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »

the thing about the Happening was, the premise was OK, the actors were proven stars, But the MOVIE SUCKED.  It all fell onto him and he fumbled badly.  That movie was a disaster.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »

Quote from: tcweidner on May 29, 2009, 02:02:46 PM

the thing about the Happening was, the premise was OK,

did we see the same movie?   icon_eek

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »

I think the premise of The Happening was indeed alright, as long as your definition of "premise" only includes "people start killing themselves for no apparent reason".  Where it drives headlong off the cliff is when they introduce the cause behind the suicides, and spend the rest of the movie

Spoiler for Hiden:
running away from the wind.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:41 PM »

I actually thought the film went off the cliff the moment Wahlberg appeared on screen.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 29, 2009, 03:31:41 PM

I actually thought the film went off the cliff the moment Wahlberg appeared on screen.

Don't harsh him too much. Without Marky Mark we wouldn't have Entourage. And without Entourage I might not know about Emmanuelle Chriqui.

hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:34 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 28, 2009, 06:41:09 PM

M. Night Shyamalan has a better track record than Kevin "I can't do better than Dances with Wolves" Costner.

icon_lol 

That's like saying Swine Flu is better than Legionnaires Disease because it's killed fewer people. 
Well, some have confused me with NYC Mayor Bloomberg. icon_wink

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 01:51:18 AM »

a clip from ET.  the full trailer is due tomorrow.

Because I can,
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »

Looks great, but who in the holy rites of whatever let M. Night put his own name at the top of that? 

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on May 29, 2009, 10:15:47 AM

Yeah, Sixth Sense was pretty neat, Unbreakable was awesome, Signs was very good until the last 5 minutes or so, the Village was pretty good. Then *splat!* comes two of the smelliest turds this side of The Stupids: The Movie.

Dunno about this one, but I'll probably put it on my Netflix queue just to see what's up.

I agree in principal on the first 3 (though I think Unbreakable was just OK and Signs was excellent).

I thought the Village was bad - I had the twist pegged in the first 5 minutes, so the rest of the movie was a big, fat meh.  The Bitch in the Pool was downright hideous - entirely unwatchable.  I like the premise of The Happening and the first half hour or so is quite watchable.  The rest...not so much.  Of course, I have a question about the very end...wouldn't the French just surrender and not kill anyone?   icon_twisted

As for this one, my son is a huge fan of the Last Airbender and I think it's not bad (as far as kiddie fare goes).  Given how good the source material is, I actually have some hope that this may be pretty decent.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »

slightly better clip.

Because I can,
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 07:54:35 PM »

I still feel sodomized by Signs. There was no indication going in that it was a religious movie.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

here's a new trailer.

Because I can,
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »

My 7 year old grandson is going to be so disappointed if this thing is not kid-friendly.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »

How far along in the story is this supposed to go? The trailed makes it look like a set of scenes from the first season.
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 06:14:50 PM »

It's planned to be a trilogy, so something along the lines of movie 1 ~ season 1.
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »

Quote from: Dan_Theman on February 11, 2010, 06:14:50 PM

It's planned to be a trilogy, so something along the lines of movie 1 ~ season 1.

I'm pretty sure that is what it is.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Looks like they got to the north pole at the end there

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »

I would be excited about this, however already know it will end up sucking. Roll Eyes
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 07:47:33 AM »

Well, I'll be damned. That trailer does look pretty damn awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: