http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:18:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LTTP - Supernatural  (Read 266 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:48:38 PM »

Just started watching this.  I see it went quite a few seasons, so it must have some legs.  The writing in the pilot is pretty heavy handed, but the story is starting out interestingly enough.

So, GT hivemind, is it worth watching or do you have a better recommendation?

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 12:07:07 AM »

Like any long running show it has great seasons, good seasons and ok seasons.  I don't remember the first season being great but it was interesting enough to keep me watching (a lot like Buffy was) and it does improve.  They tend to do better with monster of the week shows as the focus with the season long arc being a distant second.  It does have some legs on it though because it's still on the air and currently in the 9th season.

I'd vote yes but maybe not in one long continuous sitting.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 12:20:55 AM »

The fiancée and I are working through season 7 at the moment. 8 is on streaming, and 9 is current, I believe.

They've done a good job of switching things up, bringing in some unique supporting characters, and not taking themselves too seriously in the long run.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »

I started watching around season 5 maybe. Good fun, lots of nerd jokes built in, decent enough acting and overarching stories. Can't speak to the first few seasons, but I love it.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 01:32:55 PM »

My GF and I have loved it up'n till season 4, where we both think its a bit weak, and a bit over the top. I hope the fun comes back!

A new one
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »

What is LTTP?

I don't watch Supernatural, but have heard a lot of good things about it.  Seems like it would be my kind of show but I never got into it.  It does seem to be heavily favored by my female friends fwiw. 
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 01:37:50 AM »

Late to the party.

I'm about 5 or 6 episodes in now and so far, I've enjoyed it. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 04:43:30 PM »

The humor is what sets it apart from other CW shows.  It feels natural and is definitely from the school of the goofy and self-referential.

My personal favorite has always been the meta episodes where they step outside themselves and into a world in which they realize they're on a tv show.  But they do it in a less than obvious manner that's rather clever.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:45:09 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 12:51:54 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 06, 2014, 04:43:30 PM

The humor is what sets it apart from other CW shows.  It feels natural and is definitely from the school of the goofy and self-referential.

My personal favorite has always been the meta episodes where they step outside themselves and into a world in which they realize they're on a tv show.  But they do it in a less than obvious manner that's rather clever.

That sounds like something I'd really like.  Maybe I'll make this my summer catch-up show this year.  Definitely LTTP!!!!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »

Two  scenes that prove this show doesn't take itself seriously.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 06:25:18 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 10, 2014, 05:44:40 PM

Two  scenes that prove this show doesn't take itself seriously.

I love this one.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »

One of my favorite shows. I just wish they'd know when they were actually cancelling it. It's been twice now that they have said the show was ending, this last time the show didn't end, it instead got renewed for 2 more seasons.

But every time that happens, the show does actually get more awesome, and often way more self referential.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »

The fiancée and I just finished up Season 7. Season 8 is in the docket on Netflix.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: