http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 12:22:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTR Time Again - Holy crap!  (Read 1770 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2004, 11:29:57 PM »

ROTK Extended Footage Here.

If you want to remain completely spoiler free for the extra footage in the upcoming ROTK 4-disc DVD set, then whatever you do, don't click that link above. It's 6 minutes of greatness and as eager as I've been for this set, I'm dying for them now. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 12:05:41 AM »

you beat me to it!  i just finished watching this and was coming here to post slywink

some of the video is a repeat, but there is some great new footage in there as well.  only 2 weeks to go!

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 01:04:28 AM »

Of course, I still have to watch the Two Towers extended edition (I'm glad I at least proceeded to unwrap it and look through the box...)

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 01:25:01 AM »

I've kept myself completely clueless as to what has been added to ROTK. I've also had the extended edition pre-ordered on Amazon as soon as they made it possible.

Not long now.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 01:34:50 AM »

I was just lamenting to Mrs. Gratch yesterday that this will be the first X-mas in 3 years where we can't go see a new LotR.  I think this will make up for it.  smile

So who else is doing an extended edition back to back to back marathon when this is released?

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 01:52:06 AM »

Gratch, I know I am. I'm not watching the ROTK EE until I do the marathon. I'm watching the EE's in order to heighten the impact. Either that or heighten the chances I'll be paralyzed for a weekend. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
bluefugue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 01:54:33 AM »

I was actually thinking this would be the first holiday season in 4 years without a new LOTR movie.  Sorta sad.  :?
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 05:19:19 AM »

Quote from: "bluefugue"
I was actually thinking this would be the first holiday season in 4 years without a new LOTR movie.  Sorta sad.  :?

My coworker is just like you.  He goes on about it a lot.  Shut up please.

As for me, I'll be picking up the super mega extended version with the model of Zion...er... the Death Star...um...Hogwart's...

Crap.

That castle in the mountain that Aragorn seems completely indifferent to even though he's the king or something.

PS  I just revealed spoilers if you're not from Earth and are reading this from space and this is your first look at Earth culture.  I salute/pity you!
bluefugue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 05:41:06 AM »

Quote from: "mb737"
Quote from: "bluefugue"

My coworker is just like you.  He goes on about it a lot.  Shut up please.

As for me, I'll be picking up the super mega extended version with the model of Zion...er... the Death Star...um...Hogwart's...

Crap.

That castle in the mountain that Aragorn seems completely indifferent to even though he's the king or something.

PS  I just revealed spoilers if you're not from Earth and are reading this from space and this is your first look at Earth culture.  I salute/pity you!

Fine, I will shut up, be that way.  :shock:

Didn't like the movies that much anyway, I am far from a LOTR fanboy -- but it did become a bit of a holiday ritual for me.  Stood out all the more as I hardly ever go to the movies anymore.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 12:19:50 PM »

I don't know if I'd ever be able to watch them back to back to back in one marathon sitting.  That's a bit too much for me.  I'll watch ROTK:EE and then maybe peruse the extras for awhile.  I still need to watch the special feature stuff on the first two EE's.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

Ah but isn't Blade 3 being released this holiday season? Can't beat vampires for that feel good feeling.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 03:32:39 PM »

Quote from: "JayG"
Ah but isn't Blade 3 being released this holiday season? Can't beat vampires for that feel good feeling.

Next Wednesday

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 06:29:11 PM »

Quote from: "JayG"

Is anyone else looking forward to Blade 3?  Everytime I see the preview I want to rush out and see it.  Are any reviews in at least?  I sincerely hope they don't screw this one up cuase Blade 2 was such a fun movie.

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 06:41:46 PM »

What I would give for a back to back to back EE session....

With two kids and a wife who adore me it ain't happening - they just won't leave me alone for that long.  biggrin

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 07:10:25 PM »

Quote from: "PaulBot"
What I would give for a back to back to back EE session....

With two kids and a wife who adore me it ain't happening - they just won't leave me alone for that long.  biggrin

Try some 3 alarm chili, washed down with some soymilk.

You'll begin to miss them.

Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2004, 08:08:17 PM »

I will be doing a marathon one Saturday for all my friends after I get a widescreen HD set.  I'm parking my butt Jabba style.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: