http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 01:41:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotR: EE Slipcase has Arrived!  (Read 1161 times)
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:15:02 PM »

i made a post about the availability of a near-free slipcase for the LotR:EE DVDs from NewLine back in december, and just wanted to let those interested know that mine showed up in the mail today.  i got an e-mail on thursday saying that it had shipped, and it was dropped off with the mail today Cool

the box looks great...i think it's the same as what you get in the store if you buy the EE trilogy set, but that's not a bad thing by any means.  anyone else received theirs yet?

if you didn't request one yet, they're still available while supplies last...click on over to this website and order yours for only $3 shipping Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 11:51:44 PM »

It says the DVDs are not included...Ill have to pass...for my $3 I would expect at least one DVD.  :shock:

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 12:26:02 PM »

Got mine last week too. Nifty!

They could have charged for it to make more money...but they didn't.  A class move I think.
Byrns
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 04:30:31 PM »

No shipping to Canada? Facists.  frown
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 06:33:01 PM »

Is there any way to check if you ordered one?  I think I did, but I can't remember.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 08:38:42 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"
Is there any way to check if you ordered one?  I think I did, but I can't remember.

I don't think so. I went back and had kept the confirmation email they sent on 12/15 and there was no real mention of checking the order status. I want my slipcase!

How does this work again?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 01:55:35 PM »

Umm... excuse my total ignorance here, but I have a question:

Is there a LotR Extended Edition Trilogy out yet?  What I mean is, all three extended versions in one gigantic set that can be bought together?

Or are you guys talking about buying the Extended Edition of each of the 3 movies individually?

I realize I should know the answer to this already, but I don't.

If there is... would there be any reason to purchase the 3 extended editions seperately versus buying the 1 humongous extended "pack"?

Did that make sense?

Thanks.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 02:35:56 PM »

There is a pack of all 3 out now that comes with the aforementioned slipcase.  I suppose one would buy them separately if funds were an issue and they needed to buy them over a period of time, or they somehow knew nothing about them so just wanted to try one out (and don't rent movies), etc.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 03:42:25 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Umm... excuse my total ignorance here, but I have a question:

Is there a LotR Extended Edition Trilogy out yet?  What I mean is, all three extended versions in one gigantic set that can be bought together?

Or are you guys talking about buying the Extended Edition of each of the 3 movies individually?

I realize I should know the answer to this already, but I don't.
If there is... would there be any reason to purchase the 3 extended editions seperately versus buying the 1 humongous extended "pack"?

like Jancelot said, there is a trilogy set available now that gets you all three EE films in the slipcase...goes for $78 at Amazon now.  you may even find it slightly cheaper at other places if you shop around a little.  a lot of us bought each of the EE films as they were released over the last 3 years though...that's what this slipcase request is all about.  for only the cost of shipping ($3),  those of us who bought the movies over the last three years can get the nice slipcase to hold them all.  

is there an advantage to buying them separately if you don't already own any of them?  not really...unless you manage to find some place that sells them individually at a price that would add up to less than the trilogy set.  i know the total amount i paid for all three EE films over the last few years is less than the cost of the trilogy set now...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 11:28:59 AM »

OK.  Thanks guys.

Need to get this.     biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: