http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 12:37:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost: The Final Season (spoilers not tagged)  (Read 22448 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 01, 2010, 01:54:53 PM

It's no secret that I've been skeptical that the two time-lines are going to merge, but I wonder if Sun's inability to speak English after her bash on the head was the first hint of this actually happening since she doesn't speak English in no-crash land?

Honestly, the whole "Sun forgets english after getting hit in the noggin'" bit was annoying.  this constantly happened to fred flintstone, too.  i'll be shocked if she doesn't get hit again next week and decide she's a famous race car driver.  fortunately, the flintstones taught me that memory loss brought about by head trauma can be cured by bashing the victim's skull with another, equal size rock.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »

It's no secret that I've been skeptical that the two time-lines are going to merge, but I wonder if Sun's inability to speak English after her bash on the head was the first hint of this actually happening since she doesn't speak English in no-crash land?

and when Sayid rescued Jin from the cooler he had the same lost look on his face that he's had since the temple massacre.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 05, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 05, 2010, 03:19:26 PM

and when Sayid rescued Jin from the cooler he had the same lost look on his face that he's had since the temple massacre.

Good point.

And Hurley's important in both places. Sawyer is undercover. Kate is a prisoner.

haha...ok, so those are stretches. slywink But it is kinda looking like this timeline merge is not going to be something literal. Maybe.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »

So does Desmond now understand both universes?  Is he traveling between them like he did in time?  My mind is blown AGAIN.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 07, 2010, 02:27:31 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on April 07, 2010, 01:48:44 PM

So does Desmond now understand both universes?  Is he traveling between them like he did in time?  My mind is blown AGAIN.

I think the combination of the electromagnetic beating he took coupled with touching Penny who is his "constant" triggered his ability to "exist" or "understand" both timelines.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on April 07, 2010, 02:27:31 PM

Quote from: Eel Snave on April 07, 2010, 01:48:44 PM

I think the combination of the electromagnetic beating he took coupled with touching Penny who is his "constant" triggered his ability to "exist" or "understand" both timelines.

That's how I understood it too.  When he emerged from the electromagnetic thrashing he seemed to have the perception, experiences, and understanding of both realities. 

The actors for Desmond and Penny are always awesome together.  They make most of the cast look like amateurs.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »

I dunno, I think it's easier to single out actors that aren't that great on the show (Evangeline Lilly, Emelie De Ravin, sometimes Hurley).  Most everyone gets at least one Emmy reel show, like Nestor Carbonell did this year.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on April 07, 2010, 03:28:07 PM

The actors for Desmond and Penny are always awesome together.  They make most of the cast look like amateurs.

It's not just that they are better actors but their chemistry is impeccable.  I really think (though it might have been considered cheesy) they should have nabbed Desmond for FlashForward.  My biggest problem with FF is that Penny has like zero chemistry with Joseph Fiennes, particularly in comparison with her chemistry with Desmond.  He should be a good actor, but you just can't fake good chemistry.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 07, 2010, 06:32:27 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on April 07, 2010, 03:28:07 PM

It's not just that they are better actors but their chemistry is impeccable.  I really think (though it might have been considered cheesy) they should have nabbed Desmond for FlashForward.  My biggest problem with FF is that Penny has like zero chemistry with Joseph Fiennes, particularly in comparison with her chemistry with Desmond.  He should be a good actor, but you just can't fake good chemistry.
That's Penny in Flash Forward? Why the hell did I not snap to that? Good Lord I'm getting old.

Love the Penny-Des thing in Lost. By far my favorite story in the show.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »

WILD SPECULATION:

Penny is Jack's ex-wife.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2010, 12:11:25 AM »

"That's a violation"

I always felt there was something subtly (hell, maybe even *not* so subtly) wrong with no-crash 'timeline'.

Should be fun to see how (of if) Des can show the rest of them 'something'.

Not sure why Des went so happily with Sayid. No choice, I guess (but that doesn't seem right).

So who (smokey or Jacob) is responsible for no-crash land?

Great episode.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »

Great episode, indeed. For the first time I feel like the ending is taking shape.

Charlie's underwater scene was great.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2010, 10:39:29 PM »

it was good seeing Charlie again,and not just in the small part when Jack rescued him on the plane a few weeks ago

good episode,yup i am totally lost again(no pun intended)..but i don't mind,LOL

can someone put me out of my misery and tell me where i have seen that Chauffeur before?..has he been in Lost as someone else,have i seen him in something else?...help please

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2010, 10:42:11 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 09, 2010, 10:39:29 PM

it was good seeing Charlie again,and not just in the small part when Jack rescued him on the plane a few weeks ago

can someone put me out of my misery and tell me where i have seen that Chauffeur before?..has he been in Lost as someone else,have i seen him in something else?...help please

He was the guy who's nose started bleeding in the episode "The Constant."
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2010, 01:04:07 AM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on April 09, 2010, 10:42:11 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 09, 2010, 10:39:29 PM

He was the guy who's nose started bleeding in the episode "The Constant."

EelSnave is correct...the chauffeur is the character George Minkowski who showed up earlier in the series as the comm operator on Widmore's freighter.  as for the actor playing the part, his name is Fisher Stevens, an actor/producer who has shown up in a ton of different tv shows and movies since the early 80s.  i think i remember him most as the goofy scientist in Short Circuit and the main 'bad' hacker in Hackers (rode a skateboard all the time).

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2010, 05:51:22 AM »

ahh,i thought i saw him from somewhere..guess i should of known...and no way was he that Indian guy in Short Circuit,LOL

i am having a mindblock today because of this episode

do you know when Mrs Widmore(Dans Mum)said to Desmond that he had it perfect,and it kinda made Desmond catch on that his life WAS different?

well,it has started to make me think of another film,where a guy starts recollecting stuff and realises that he has had a mind wipe as such,and then goes on the run(maybe with a girl who's mind i think has also been wiped),even though his new life is somewhat perfect...i have had every film in my head,especially 'The Island',but i don't think its that..'Total Recall' also came to mind as well,but that's not the film i am thinking about,i am sure its set in modern day....i just know the people he is running from had given him a great new life...i even had 'The Trueman show' at one point,and that lead to 'Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind'

has anyone got any idea from those feeble clues i have given?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2010, 08:38:05 AM »

Dark City?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 10, 2010, 08:38:05 AM

Dark City?

hmm,could be,i haven't seen that for a very long time

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2010, 03:02:19 PM »

Gotta feel bad for the red shirts that Syeed kills at the end of the episode. Doesn't really make sense that he would spare this random woman and tell her to "Run". He's a cold blooded killer that helped wipe out women and children at the temple. Why spare her?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 10, 2010, 03:02:19 PM

Gotta feel bad for the red shirts that Syeed kills at the end of the episode. Doesn't really make sense that he would spare this random woman and tell her to "Run". He's a cold blooded killer that helped wipe out women and children at the temple. Why spare her?

Probably to send Widmore a message.
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 10, 2010, 01:28:29 PM

Quote from: TiLT on April 10, 2010, 08:38:05 AM

Dark City?

hmm,could be,i haven't seen that for a very long time

doubt its dark city. he wakes up in a tub with a dead hooker in the other room.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 10, 2010, 03:02:19 PM

cause she's got the naughty librarian thing going for her?

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 08, 2010, 12:11:25 AM

"That's a violation"

I always felt there was something subtly (hell, maybe even *not* so subtly) wrong with no-crash 'timeline'.

for some reason I suddenly got the feeling like they were on the Holodeck after that part.

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 10, 2010, 05:51:22 AM

a guy starts recollecting stuff and realises that he has had a mind wipe as such,and then goes on the run(maybe with a girl who's mind i think has also been wiped),even though his new life is somewhat perfect...

The Prisoner?

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2010, 07:07:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2010, 04:06:34 PM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 08, 2010, 12:11:25 AM

"That's a violation"

for some reason I suddenly got the feeling like they were on the Holodeck after that part.

I thought of the Matrix. Heck, Dark City comes to mind now, too.

I don't think it's any of that though...something different knowing these writers.

One person, Eloise, knows what's up and is a part of it what's up.

3 people, Des, Charlie and Daniel, know what's up. I guess we're seeing the first part of the time-line merge?

Despite Juliet's "It worked" I don't believe (and really, really, really hope) that no-crash land is simply what would have happened if the Island ceased to exit in the '70s. Desmond and Eloise's discussion sure makes it seem like something else is going on...that's it's been manipulated somehow. Maybe selected out of many possible outcomes.

Is there actually a 3 sided 'war' going on? Widmore, Smokey and Jacob?

And what's up with the Island time-line? If it's just what happens if the bomb didn't go off, how did the '70s losties end back up in present/Sun time?

So confused.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 10, 2010, 05:51:22 AM

ahh,i thought i saw him from somewhere..guess i should of known...and no way was he that Indian guy in Short Circuit,LOL

i am having a mindblock today because of this episode

do you know when Mrs Widmore(Dans Mum)said to Desmond that he had it perfect,and it kinda made Desmond catch on that his life WAS different?

well,it has started to make me think of another film,where a guy starts recollecting stuff and realises that he has had a mind wipe as such,and then goes on the run(maybe with a girl who's mind i think has also been wiped),even though his new life is somewhat perfect...i have had every film in my head,especially 'The Island',but i don't think its that..'Total Recall' also came to mind as well,but that's not the film i am thinking about,i am sure its set in modern day....i just know the people he is running from had given him a great new life...i even had 'The Trueman show' at one point,and that lead to 'Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind'

has anyone got any idea from those feeble clues i have given?

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Eternal Sunshine with Jim Carrey.  Really good movie.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2010, 12:12:06 AM »

I have a feeling the chauffeur knows what is going on too, especially after the way he was asking if Desmond needed anything after he talked to Eloise.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 11, 2010, 12:12:06 AM

I have a feeling the chauffeur knows what is going on too, especially after the way he was asking if Desmond needed anything after he talked to Eloise.

I didn't get that impression. On the other hand, if there's anyone else apart from Desmond who should be able to figure things out easily, it would be him. He was also unstuck in time at one point, after all.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »

i thought he meant that because he knew what a bitch Eloise was,and he knew Desmond would need a drink etc

okay,i think i may know what i was thinking about...it may of been an episode of The X Files,season 7 i think,Mulder is in a Coma(some Alien virus has put him that way),and he is having some kind of dream where he lives in the perfect neighbourhood,with Cancer Man living in the neighbourhood as well and his sister(who he has always been searching for) lives in the same street and he his married to that English FBI woman who you always wanted to punch in the head.....and even though its all perfect Mulder slowly realises that something is wrong,and that he needs to get out,but everyone is telling him why should he do that as its perfect here and you have the perfect life etc etc

i think that's what i was thinking about anyway,as i haven't seen that episode for quite a while

jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

That also sort of sounds like the plot of Paycheck, with Ben Affleck - a not so great re-telling of a great Phillip Dick story.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2010, 12:11:23 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 11, 2010, 09:38:52 AM

i thought he meant that because he knew what a bitch Eloise was,and he knew Desmond would need a drink etc

okay,i think i may know what i was thinking about...it may of been an episode of The X Files,season 7 i think,Mulder is in a Coma(some Alien virus has put him that way),and he is having some kind of dream where he lives in the perfect neighbourhood,with Cancer Man living in the neighbourhood as well and his sister(who he has always been searching for) lives in the same street and he his married to that English FBI woman who you always wanted to punch in the head.....and even though its all perfect Mulder slowly realises that something is wrong,and that he needs to get out,but everyone is telling him why should he do that as its perfect here and you have the perfect life etc etc

i think that's what i was thinking about anyway,as i haven't seen that episode for quite a while

That was a fun episode, I remember that!

Also if you ever watched Angel, they did something almost identical with Gunn.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »

LOL

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »

That's actually an amazingly accurate and in-depth summary of the show, if you ignore the characters and focus only on the big mysteries. smile
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »

So is Hurley's story tonight the last of the 'individual' stories?

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2010, 01:34:30 PM »

Well, they didn't explain why Libby and Hurley were both in the mental hospital in season 2 but I'm satisfied with what they did with those characters last night. I wasn't expecting her back on the show.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »

Did anyone else laugh when Jordan Sparks got blown up? Dummy.  icon_lol

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2010, 03:12:14 PM »

Yesssss no more Ilana, and go Desmond. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2010, 05:40:04 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 14, 2010, 03:07:42 PM

Did anyone else laugh when Jordan Sparks got blown up? Dummy.  icon_lol

I did!  I mean come on, didn't she watch Season 1?!?!  (or was that Season 2 with Arnst).

Pretty interesting all in all, next week's ep looks crazy.  I still can't figure out if we're supposed to root for or against the alt-universe.  In the alt-verse, everyone is pretty much alive (except poor Locke, ouch! and I guess Sun is also in jeopardy but I'm sure Jack can save her!), Jack seems more balanced with his son, Hurley found Libby, Desmond found Penny, Sawyer is a cop, Claire has her baby - but clearly they've also made slight hints that this is the "wrong" universe that shouldn't exist and is now going to be "corrected."  But it's pretty hard to root for a universe where so many people died (especially Juliette!). 

At this point, I'm almost out of theories, I just want to sit back and enjoy the final ride.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2010, 02:56:32 AM »

I'm not even sure what to think about that episode.

And what the heck was that music on the previews of the next episode?

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 15, 2010, 02:56:32 AM

It was the song that Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) sings during the creepy WTF? boat ride in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 15, 2010, 07:44:02 AM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 15, 2010, 02:56:32 AM

It was the song that Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) sings during the creepy WTF? boat ride in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.

Ok...thanks. That was...odd.

I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out what the heck is going on. I'm not sure it's even possible to figure it out, to be honest.

Not two minutes after I told Brenda that I still thought smokey was the good guy, he throws Des down the well. Man, I'm good.  icon_lol

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: