http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 08:57:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost: The Final Season (spoilers not tagged)  (Read 22604 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »

I can see why people used spoiler tags for this thread, since it has the general "The Final Season" title and no mention of spoilers in the thread title.  For the next episode, whoever posts first should create a thread called "Lost 2/9/10 (Spoilers)" or something like that.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on February 07, 2010, 09:03:48 AM

I can see why people used spoiler tags for this thread, since it has the general "The Final Season" title and no mention of spoilers in the thread title.  For the next episode, whoever posts first should create a thread called "Lost 2/9/10 (Spoilers)" or something like that.

I blame CeeKay.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on February 07, 2010, 03:34:52 PM

Quote from: EddieA on February 07, 2010, 09:03:48 AM

I blame CeeKay.

I went and added spoilers to the title.  I figure either way it's done someone will complain.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »

I'm good either way regarding spoiler tags.  It would be nice to not have to use them, but on the flip side, I hate the thought that someone (myself included) isn't paying attention, comes in and accidentally sees something he/she didn't want to see.  Particularly if it's the death of a main character or something major like that. 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 07, 2010, 09:19:49 PM

I'm good either way regarding spoiler tags.  It would be nice to not have to use them, but on the flip side, I hate the thought that someone (myself included) isn't paying attention, comes in and accidentally sees something he/she didn't want to see.  Particularly if it's the death of a main character or something major like that. 

Wait, a main character dies?!?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2010, 03:21:47 AM »

It's difficult to follow quoted posts with all the spoiler tags, and even more difficult to find something that someone said a page or two ago.

I usually don't watch an episode until a day or two after it airs. I just avoid reading about it until then.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2010, 05:19:30 AM »

So I guess it's official then? At the point where a new episode airs, this thread is dangerous territory unless you've seen it.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2010, 06:26:48 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 08, 2010, 05:19:30 AM

So I guess it's official then? At the point where a new episode airs, this thread is dangerous territory unless you've seen it.

That's my vote. As someone stated earlier, it's a pain in the ass trying to scan a thread full of spoiler tags and to quote/respond to what others have written.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 08, 2010, 05:19:30 AM

Works for me. I just asked for spoiler tags because it was the season opener and I knew I wouldn't be able to help myself.  icon_lol

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »

It has been decided. Read at your own risk.

Previews and/or information about upcoming episodes should still be in spoiler tags though.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »

Dumbledore Kills Harry!

Take that non spoiler tag thread!

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2010, 03:28:14 PM »

Apollo 13 never actually makes it back from space!  they stage the water landing by sending up a new capsule from a secret launch facility in the Pacific with doubles cloned from the original 3 astronauts using the alien technology recovered at Roswell!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 08, 2010, 03:28:14 PM

Apollo 13 never actually makes it back from space!  they stage the water landing by sending up a new capsule from a secret launch facility in the Pacific with doubles cloned from the original 3 astronauts using the alien technology recovered at Roswell!

You're just now finding this out?!?!?  eek

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2010, 07:34:44 PM »

Well I thought last night's episode was one of the worst since season 3.  Not much happened except for 1 big reveal which we already kind of saw coming anyway.

The preview for next week looks pretty good though.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »

No spoiler tags, right?

So.... not as exciting as last week, but some good stuff.  I like the juxtaposition of S1's "What Kate Did" with last night's "What Kate Does." - I think this season will be doing a lot of that, which now makes more sense why they kept saying it would be more like Season 1.

Interesting to see the Kate/Claire/Aaron dynamic unfold in the new reality, and loved the cameo from Ethan.  Now wasn't Ethan Reiko Aylesworth's baby with the guy that got shot on the island?

The Sayid as Jacob theories are not looking as strong now, though still plausible.  Sounds more like he has been inhabited with Black Smoke, who apparently can create more minions?  Crazy Black Smoke Claire??!??!

Jack finally puts his money where his mouth is and takes the pill.  I like it!  

Best line of the night - Sayid: "no Hurley I am not a zombie."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »

I was about to type a long post about how Ethan's presence seems to throw a wrench into my whole theory about the new reality, but then I realized it doesn't. He got evacuated from the Island, along with all the other kids, just before the hydrogen bomb went off. With the Island gone, he never did whatever it was he did to become an Other, and instead became a respected and friendly doctor with no hidden agenda whatsoever. Whether or not his presence in LA at this time and place is random is yet to be revealed though.

Now we have two people in the new reality who have started to notice that something is off. Jack noticed it already on the plane. Kate didn't notice anything until Aaron's name was mentioned, something that tugged deep inside her. Claire also has memories of the time on the Island (her spontaneous naming of the kid) but doesn't realize that anything is off yet.

Sayid has "the sickness" that Rousseau was talking about in season 1, and that we saw for ourselves in her camp in season 5. It seems that both Jacob and Nemesis can spread their own variation of this sickness. This "disease", or whatever it is, makes the subject absolutely, 100% loyal to Jacob or Nemesis. Jacob has used it with a few of his followers, most notably Richard Alpert and Ben, and probably also people like Ethan, Goodwin and Dogen. It's what turns them into an Other. It also seems to give them increased regenerative abilities as well as other strengths (witness Ethan's speed, stamina and strength in season 1, for example). Nemesis seemingly hadn't "infected" anyone that we've heard of since Rousseau's expedition, at least until he came across Claire and lured her in through visions of her father.

Thinking a bit more about it, I think this is what the pool in the temple really does. Nemesis must have controlled the temple somehow when Rousseau arrived at the Island, so that when the expedition went into the temple and found the pool it infected them and made them loyal to him. Since then (and before then), the temple has been controlled by the Others, making the water clear and turning those who are held below its surface into more Others. The water turned dark again at the moment when Jacob died, and Nemesis again controls the pool. This is why Sayid didn't turn into an Other as was expected, but instead will become loyal to Nemesis.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »

I thought last night's episode was excellent.  It had everything - great character moments (loved the birth and Sawyer and Kate at the docks), some advancement of the mythology, and some answers.  If the rest of the season is as good as the first two episodes, I will be very happy.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2010, 10:53:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 10, 2010, 09:19:51 PM

I was about to type a long post about how Ethan's presence seems to throw a wrench into my whole theory about the new reality, but then I realized it doesn't. He got evacuated from the Island, along with all the other kids, just before the hydrogen bomb went off. With the Island gone, he never did whatever it was he did to become an Other, and instead became a respected and friendly doctor with no hidden agenda whatsoever. Whether or not his presence in LA at this time and place is random is yet to be revealed though.

Now we have two people in the new reality who have started to notice that something is off. Jack noticed it already on the plane. Kate didn't notice anything until Aaron's name was mentioned, something that tugged deep inside her. Claire also has memories of the time on the Island (her spontaneous naming of the kid) but doesn't realize that anything is off yet.

Sayid has "the sickness" that Rousseau was talking about in season 1, and that we saw for ourselves in her camp in season 5. It seems that both Jacob and Nemesis can spread their own variation of this sickness. This "disease", or whatever it is, makes the subject absolutely, 100% loyal to Jacob or Nemesis. Jacob has used it with a few of his followers, most notably Richard Alpert and Ben, and probably also people like Ethan, Goodwin and Dogen. It's what turns them into an Other. It also seems to give them increased regenerative abilities as well as other strengths (witness Ethan's speed, stamina and strength in season 1, for example). Nemesis seemingly hadn't "infected" anyone that we've heard of since Rousseau's expedition, at least until he came across Claire and lured her in through visions of her father.

Thinking a bit more about it, I think this is what the pool in the temple really does. Nemesis must have controlled the temple somehow when Rousseau arrived at the Island, so that when the expedition went into the temple and found the pool it infected them and made them loyal to him. Since then (and before then), the temple has been controlled by the Others, making the water clear and turning those who are held below its surface into more Others. The water turned dark again at the moment when Jacob died, and Nemesis again controls the pool. This is why Sayid didn't turn into an Other as was expected, but instead will become loyal to Nemesis.

I didn't like the episode until you gave this description.  That makes a ton of sense.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2010, 11:33:45 PM »

Hooray for Tilt!!!  I like it!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »

Yeah, I thought it was really good episode.  I was actually shocked when I realized the episode was almost over because I thought the hour flew by.  The only thing I had a bit of an issue with was Claire trusting the women who had just held her at gunpoint so much (riding in a car with Kate is just begging to be in a high speed pursuit by the police) but I rationalized it as the two of them feeling a connection from the other reality. 
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »

Man, these Others are evil, evil people...at least their leaders are. Had Jack trusted the leader enough to give Sayid the pill, Jack would have been destroyed. They could have just shot Sayid, but they wanted Jack to kill him. And they wanted Jack to kill him while he was thinking that he was saving him. That's some messed up shit there.

I think I'm going to be real disappointed if the Others are really the good guys doing evil things to survive.

Poor Sawyer.

Geeze, Kate one week it's "I'm always with you [Jack]", the next you're crying over Sawyer. Make up your damn mind!

And my head hurts thinking about the time-line stuff.  nod

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2010, 01:10:33 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 10, 2010, 07:40:56 PM

Best line of the night - Sayid: "no Hurley I am not a zombie."

I love how they always have Hurley ask what they know everybody in the audience wants to ask.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 01:15:44 PM by denoginizer » Logged

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on February 11, 2010, 12:47:12 PM

Man, these Others are evil, evil people...at least their leaders are. Had Jack trusted the leader enough to give Sayid the pill, Jack would have been destroyed. They could have just shot Sayid, but they wanted Jack to kill him. And they wanted Jack to kill him while he was thinking that he was saving him. That's some messed up shit there.

That's the kind of thing I didn't like about the episode.  It seemed like the Others were doing things just to be obtuse.  Even the guy choosing not speak english seemed like unnecessary complication just to be complicated.  It felt unnatural to me.  I thought the hour went by fast as well because I was waiting for something to happen and it never did. 

Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »

One summary I read pointed out that the Others have always had to ask the main set of players (Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sawyer, etc) to do what needed to be done - they can't just make them do it (Ben making Jack WANT to perform the surgery, for example). It seems this pattern continues. They can't make Sayid take the pill or just kill him. They have to make Jack WANT to do it. Very interesting.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »

Quote from: Malificent on February 11, 2010, 01:57:04 PM

One summary I read pointed out that the Others have always had to ask the main set of players (Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sawyer, etc) to do what needed to be done - they can't just make them do it (Ben making Jack WANT to perform the surgery, for example). It seems this pattern continues. They can't make Sayid take the pill or just kill him. They have to make Jack WANT to do it. Very interesting.

I think this is because Jacob is a big believer in free will. He keeps bringing people to the Island in the hope that they'll themselves be able to stop the circle of violence that goes on there, while Nemesis only believes in destiny.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »

I guess I'm the only one who just can't believe that Jacob and the Others are in any way, shape or form some kind of force for Good.

Kidnapping. Imprisonment. Mass murder (hell, Jacob's right hand man is a mass murderer who used WMDs on innocent people because he was mad at Daddy and wanted to please Richard).

If the Others do turn out to be the good guys, it's going to have to be one helluva reason or I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Right now I'm firmly in Smokey's camp. Not that I think Smokey is Good, but I think it is justified in it's actions.

disclaimer:
It is almost certain that I'm wrong about everything.  icon_lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:51:32 PM by LoneStarSpur » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »

I don't think any of the factions are the "good guys", and I don't think many others here believe so either. The Others clearly seem to consider the Island and Jacob to be more important than anything else in the world, including their own lives. Nemesis seems to be nothing but selfish.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 11, 2010, 02:57:08 PM

I don't think any of the factions are the "good guys", and I don't think many others here believe so either. The Others clearly seem to consider the Island and Jacob to be more important than anything else in the world, including their own lives. Nemesis seems to be nothing but selfish.

Sorry...didn't mean to imply that people think the Others are good guys...just that they are on the side of "Good" in this Good vs. Evil thing that seems to be going on.

But I think the 3 "sides" are the Losties, the Others and Smokey. I think Smokey *is* the Island...or rather it's what makes the Island special.

Anyway...all in good fun for me.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »

Good, Evil?  I'm the island with the gun.  slywink

Couldn't agree more about Kate.  Such a selfish little whore that one is.  She honestly thought she could just run off in the jungle with Sawyer and everything would be hunky doorey.  She actually looked surprised when Sawyer was crying about the other chick and didn't rip her cloths of and hump her when he saw her.  Somebody needs to slap her stat.  In fact they should just lineup and take turns.

morlac00 on PSN
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

Quote from: morlac on February 11, 2010, 05:42:01 PM

Couldn't agree more about Kate.  Such a selfish little whore that one is.  She honestly thought she could just run off in the jungle with Sawyer and everything would be hunky doorey.  She actually looked surprised when Sawyer was crying about the other chick and didn't rip her cloths of and hump her when he saw her.  Somebody needs to slap her stat.  In fact they should just lineup and take turns.

I think you may be reading her actions the wrong way. What you're saying was what we were meant to believe until the scene at the docks, but then she said the thing that turned the situation upside-down: She wasn't actually there for Sawyer, but for Claire. She just wanted his help to get her. Her biggest, and possibly only, reason for coming back to the Island was because she wants to reunite Claire with Aaron, despite what she wishes for herself.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 11, 2010, 05:44:54 PM

Quote from: morlac on February 11, 2010, 05:42:01 PM

Couldn't agree more about Kate.  Such a selfish little whore that one is.  She honestly thought she could just run off in the jungle with Sawyer and everything would be hunky doorey.  She actually looked surprised when Sawyer was crying about the other chick and didn't rip her cloths of and hump her when he saw her.  Somebody needs to slap her stat.  In fact they should just lineup and take turns.

I think you may be reading her actions the wrong way. What you're saying was what we were meant to believe until the scene at the docks, but then she said the thing that turned the situation upside-down: She wasn't actually there for Sawyer, but for Claire. She just wanted his help to get her. Her biggest, and possibly only, reason for coming back to the Island was because she wants to reunite Claire with Aaron, despite what she wishes for herself.

I thought we already knew that though.  Didn't she tell Jack that in an earlier episode?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 11, 2010, 06:19:57 PM

I thought we already knew that though.  Didn't she tell Jack that in an earlier episode?

Yes, we did. I was mostly just reminding morlac of the situation. Kate has a bond with Sawyer, but I don't think she's trying to get back into his pants even though she does seem to love him in her strange way.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2010, 06:39:09 PM »

Did anyone notice that Sayid's accent changed from his fake Iraqi accent to his closer-to-normal English accent?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on February 11, 2010, 06:39:09 PM

Did anyone notice that Sayid's accent changed from his fake Iraqi accent to his closer-to-normal English accent?

No, I didn't. That's interesting though. I'll have to watch his scenes again to see if it seems to be just an accident due to the pause between the seasons or if it's an indication of something else entirely.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 11, 2010, 06:43:18 PM

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on February 11, 2010, 06:39:09 PM

No, I didn't. That's interesting though. I'll have to watch his scenes again to see if it seems to be just an accident due to the pause between the seasons or if it's an indication of something else entirely.

That's what I thought led some credence to the Sayid is Jacob or Nemesis theory, because his accent suddenly dropped.  I definitely noticed it change, although it could have just been a mistake by the actor.

I like Tilt's theory about episode 2, it addresses a lot of the gaps I just wasn't seeing or thinking about.       
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2010, 08:30:31 AM »

Someone at Lostpedia made an interesting observation: Things that happened on the Island seem to be happening again in a different environment in the new reality. Claire gets kidnapped and released, and then ends up delivering her baby with Kate's and Ethan's help. Claire keeps the baby and names him Aaron. Kate gets away from the law. Hurley wins the lottery (he might not even have used the Numbers this time around. Destiny might just have decided that he had to win regardless). Jack saves Charlie. Locke might be able to walk again if Jack is right about being able to fix him. Sawyer and Juliet meet for coffee and fall in love (in a future episode, theoretically).
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 12, 2010, 08:30:31 AM

Someone at Lostpedia made an interesting observation: Things that happened on the Island seem to be happening again in a different environment in the new reality. Claire gets kidnapped and released, and then ends up delivering her baby with Kate's and Ethan's help. Claire keeps the baby and names him Aaron. Kate gets away from the law. Hurley wins the lottery (he might not even have used the Numbers this time around. Destiny might just have decided that he had to win regardless). Jack saves Charlie. Locke might be able to walk again if Jack is right about being able to fix him. Sawyer and Juliet meet for coffee and fall in love (in a future episode, theoretically).

whoa...that's a very cool observation. I wonder how the non-Island losties starting to recognize/remember stuff plays into it?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »

decent enough episode...this episode made me feel more and more that Jack and the other survivors,and the Others(everyone really) really have just stumbled into a real life 'Chess game' between Jacob and that other guy..i am wondering if they have played more than the one game..and they keep playing everytime someone new comes to the island no matter how long it takes,taking sides,turning people against each other etc etc

just like a video game,you equip some of your characters with perks and add-ons(Phoenix Down on Sayid icon_biggrin)....like maybe they were playing when the Black Rock came to the island,or they will start again when the next people after these lot have gone..that guy found a loophole- a cheat code as such..Two Gods on an Island,LOL

BTW:-what was in the shoe Box that Sawyer got from under the floorboards in their old house?...you saw a bit of it,looked like fabric/clothes...was it just some personal stuff of Juliets?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 12, 2010, 10:45:21 PM

BTW:-what was in the shoe Box that Sawyer got from under the floorboards in their old house?...you saw a bit of it,looked like fabric/clothes...was it just some personal stuff of Juliets?

I presumed he just grabbed the wedding ring he was going to propose with (and later throws into the water).
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2010, 11:03:46 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 11, 2010, 06:22:58 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on February 11, 2010, 06:19:57 PM

I thought we already knew that though.  Didn't she tell Jack that in an earlier episode?

Yes, we did. I was mostly just reminding morlac of the situation. Kate has a bond with Sawyer, but I don't think she's trying to get back into his pants even though she does seem to love him in her strange way.

I suppose you are right but her past actions have almost always been self serving.  Hopefully, she is finally breaking out of that to try and redeem herself.  Which IMO they all appear to be doing.  At least that is what I use to think with my 'the island is purgatory' theory.  though that fell apart in season 2 or 3 I think?  I mostly try not figure things out anymore and just enjoy the ride.  I'm usually great at figuring things out in shows and movies but Lost is tough nut to crack smile
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:05:42 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: