http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 12:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost: The Final Season (spoilers not tagged)  (Read 22457 times)
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on January 08, 2010, 02:46:43 PM

I thought that the pacing in some of the middle seasons were off. They didn't know where to take the show, and it was obvious in the writing. Nothing was happening.

I'm sure watching them all back-to-back covered this a little bit, it always does help when a show has slow pacing. But watching them as they aired each week was rough.

I can agree with this somewhat.  Still during the 'lean' times the dialogue writing and character development were still top notch.  Not to mention the acting for the most part is some of the best in television.  The slow development of the story arc was  bit annoying though.

morlac00 on PSN
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2010, 04:32:15 PM »

Quote from: morlac on January 08, 2010, 03:08:45 PM

I thought that the pacing in some of the middle seasons were off. They didn't know where to take the show, and it was obvious in the writing. Nothing was happening.

I'm sure watching them all back-to-back covered this a little bit, it always does help when a show has slow pacing. But watching them as they aired each week was rough.

I can agree with this somewhat.  Still during the 'lean' times the dialogue writing and character development were still top notch.  Not to mention the acting for the most part is some of the best in television.  The slow development of the story arc was  bit annoying though.

Which is why I still thought it was a show worth watching, and it's become one of my favorite shows on TV.  icon_wink

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »

Quote from: morlac on January 08, 2010, 03:08:45 PM

Agreed on both accounts.  The writers even acknowledged this in some of the interviews I saw.  Basically they had a very good idea of what their endgame was going to be like, but without knowing when that would take place, they essentially had to build in filler material (thus Paolo and Nicki!).  I'm one of those people, though, that doesn't mind the filler so much, as long as I like the acting, characters, general writing, direction, etc - similar to what Morlac says.  I know many people get impatient when the overall story arc doesn't flow well.

One good thing that came about their earlier meanderings - Ben.  The producers have definitely shown their flexibility in things like writing him in to become a major character.  Apparently he was orginally slotted for just a bit part but essentially won everyone over with his performance.  I can't imagine the show without him at this point.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 08, 2010, 06:45:22 PM

One good thing that came about their earlier meanderings - Ben.  The producers have definitely shown their flexibility in things like writing him in to become a major character.  Apparently he was orginally slotted for just a bit part but essentially won everyone over with his performance.  I can't imagine the show without him at this point.

Yeah, it's interesting that while quite a few of the seemingly major Season 2 casting additions didn't work out (Michelle Rodriguez, Cynthia Watros, and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje), initially "minor" characters from that season (Ben, Juliette, Desmond) worked out great in the long haul. 
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »

First five minutes up now.

SPOILERS BELOW:
Spoiler for Hiden:
What ever they did works.  Not sure I like that.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on January 29, 2010, 09:04:37 PM

First five minutes up now.

SPOILERS BELOW:
Spoiler for Hiden:
What ever they did works.  Not sure I like that.

Spoiler for Hiden:
There was only like 15 seconds of new material in that preview, but ok... Tongue I actually suspected it was fake until the very end.

It's been well known for a while that whatever they did worked, but it's the ramifications of that we still don't know. I suspect the Losties will feel detached from reality, perhaps even exist at several points in time at once. Looking forward to finding out next week. smile
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jack seemed to know it worked.  How does that work?  Now we have time paradoxes.  They have a lot of 'splainin to do.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

Holy cow!!!!!  Was that for real or a side teaser they filmed to throw us off?  It certainly looked pretty real.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2010, 08:59:28 AM »

There was a contest where you could win a look at footage of the new series a few days early, and this is presumably what the winners got to see.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »

what day is it being shown in the US?

the new season starts this coming Friday in the UK,its usually the Sunday(has been for all past seasons i think),so hopefully i will only have to wait a day or two of avoiding this thread icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »

Is it really considered "leaked" if you can find it on the official Lost website?  icon_wink
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »

The last two minutes of the 2nd video on the abc Lost site sure looks like the beginning of the new season.

Man, seeing Juliette pound that rock and Sawyer's despair was chilling.

Can not wait. We have darts Tuesday night. If the DVR screws up I'm going to scream.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 07:36:08 PM »

One more day, I can't wait!!!!

The most recent commercial I saw on Desperate Housewives last night seemed to reveal quite a bit (or not).
BUt it seemed counter to what we saw in that 4-minute teaser thing.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I couldn't tell what was going on, but clearly in the commercial Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley and Jin at least were all still on the island.  Sawyer points his gun at Locke a couple times and threatens him.  Locke asks Sawyer if he wants to know the answer to what/where the island is.  Which seems to imply the "reset button" did NOT work, though the teaser video implies it did.  It looks more like the explosion just bounces our main cast into yet another different time period, or is it another different timeline?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 01, 2010, 07:36:08 PM

The most recent commercial I saw on Desperate Housewives last night seemed to reveal quite a bit (or not).

Spoiler for Hiden:
I couldn't tell what was going on, but clearly in the commercial Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley and Jin at least were all still on the island.  Sawyer points his gun at Locke a couple times and threatens him.  Locke asks Sawyer if he wants to know the answer to what/where the island is.  Which seems to imply the "reset button" did NOT work, though the teaser video implies it did.  It looks more like the explosion just bounces our main cast into yet another different time period, or is it another different timeline?

Spoiler for Hiden:
As I hinted at in my post earlier in this thread, I think time will become "unhinged" for the main characters, leaving them in multiple timelines at the same time. The creators of the show have said that the flashbacks/flashforwards and the way these have been altered all throughout the show have been there to prepare us for something that is going to be very important in this season. Since this is in the same category as the flashbacks but is something we haven't seen before, detached time is my main theory.

They've also said that the start of the season will be very confusing, btw. Tongue
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 04:53:26 AM »

Somebody please remind me that if I don't verify that the DVR is doing its thing tomorrow night, my wife will kill me.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 01, 2010, 07:36:08 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

That was a great commercial. (It's up on the abc.com/lost site now)

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »

Help the Lost writers contest.   icon_lol
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »

Wow.  So now I'm confused:  Are they back on the island?  Did it work?  Is it secret?  Is it safe?
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010, 09:08:43 PM »

Oh, and please save me from myself and use spoiler tags after the show tonight.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 10:00:20 PM »

I'm not going to be able to help myself.  I'm going to be reading episode recaps, spoilers, the whole nine yards.  I'm pathetic like that.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2010, 01:33:16 AM »

I'm torn as to what to do!!!@!!! How many seasons are there anyways?? See We watched LOST from the start. Loved season 1. Season 2 was pretty good. As I recall we watched Season 3 to the end. At least  I think it was the 3rd seasons..its the one where..
Spoiler for Hiden:
the helicopter goes to the boat and Sawyer jumps out and the boat blows up
whatever season ender that was. But we stopped there. We got tired of all the questions upon questions and no answers at all. We just figured it would continue like that till 2010 and I'd watch the end.

Trouble is from what I've read theres some cool time travel stuff in there with Dharma that I just shouldn't miss. What the hell do we do?? Just watch this last season and be done? Watch it then go back to what we missed? Skip it all and never watch it again?? Im torn really.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:05 AM »

WAIT! wait wait wait,........We did see it some after that boat. I We watched it where Jack was telling Kate they had to go back and you know who was in the coffen! DOH

Ok I need some serious help figuring this out. The seasons that is. Ill put it in spoiler so if someone like me hasn't even seen as much as me.....

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok online I see 6 seasons listed. I know for a fact that we watched the last show of season 4. Where the freighter folk are on there. Then I know we saw the very very first 5 min of the first ep of season 5. The one where it starts with the asian guy in the videos waking up, putting on music, on the island, and holding his baby son. Ok BUT..BUT..I also know we watched an episode or more of where 6 of the people were back home. Kate had the blonde's kid with ehr and Locke was in a coffen. Sahid was a hit man. Trouble is between the last ep of season 4 and the first ep of season 5 I cant find any mention of that stuff. So where is it? Do i start at the beginning of season 5 like Im thinking??

I'm watching the new one tonight and plan to catch up a couple eps per day online starting with season 5. But is that right? I could swear I've seen stuff that isn't mentioned in the season infos online. Also I thought I gave up 2 seasons ago not 1..wtf
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:54:02 AM by Daehawk » Logged

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2010, 05:05:25 AM »

Oh well. Me and my wife have looked on the net over 3 hours and found out all we can. We found out a lot of stuff. It..the show..has been so jumbled its really confusing to skip a season and try to recall what happened when. What we couldn't figure out and understand we've decided to forget it happened and start watching season 5 online. We plan to watch 2 episodes a day. That should take about 9 days. We watched tonight's ep and we'll watch the next one too and then the day after that we should be caught up and ready for the 3rd ep of the last season. I need to see what happened during season 5. Looks fun.

So we're in and catching up on season 5 too. I'm actually sad now that it is leaving. I remember seeing that LOST would end in 2010 and saying "god I have to watch this 3 more years to see what happens?" And well here it is now 3 more years. Guess that was 2007 frown I'm so sad right now. They said on Nightline that once it wraps they will auction all the pops off for charity. Sad. Must be wierd to work and live in a place for 5 or 6 seasons / years then one day you are out of a job and all those you worked with are gone and you hardly speak again. Sad.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:09:32 AM by Daehawk » Logged

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2010, 07:00:17 AM »

LALALALALA

Wife got home late so we just watched the clips show. Wife's away tomorrow night so we can't watch the season premier until Thursday.

I thought the clips show was pretty good, considering they had to pack four years into 42 minutes. 

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »

Didn't see the clips show. For some reason I was thinking it came on Wednesday..maybe that was the old time. Seems it was a Friday show then Wednesday then now.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »

It was awesome. I like how once again they found a clever way to replace the flashbacks/flashforwards with something new.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Flash-sideways?
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »

Well my wife and I are officially confused.....

Spoiler for Hiden:
Are there two of everyone now? Obviously the bomb "worked" for  some of them, as they "appear" to be back in 2004 as if the plane landed normally. Very weird though.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm assuming parallel universes.  The producers say they'll converge about mid-season.  Also, I think Ben pooped himself when he was talking to Not-Locke after he turned into Smokey. icon_lol
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on February 03, 2010, 02:49:32 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm assuming parallel universes.  The producers say they'll converge about mid-season.  Also, I think Ben pooped himself when he was talking to Not-Locke after he turned into Smokey. icon_lol

Spoiler for Hiden:
Parallel universe seems the most likely answer (though Juliet did point out that it worked).

Not-Locke had some of the best lines last night.  "I'm sorry you had to see me like that" being the best, but I liked his description of Locke's story, too: "Isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard?"  However, "I want to go home" is also really good.  Where the hell is home?!?

My wife thought of this (and smart as she is, she's usually behind the curve on Lost stuff [especially time travel]), we're thinking Sayid is now Jacob.  Did that occur to everyone else?

I smell a page full of spoilers coming!

Overall, I loved the episode.  The CG uderwater shot at the beginning was really cheap looking, though, and the
Spoiler for Hiden:
temple
seemed like a Land of the Lost set to me.  Also, what, they couldn't afford Shannon or something?  Boone's sister has done next to nothing since she left the show.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:15:36 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »

The first thing I thought of near the end of the episode was:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Sayid is now Jacob as Locke is now the "other guy."  But I was waiting for Sayid as Jacob to walk in as his body was laying there in the temple, similar to the way they showed Locke/other guy walk past Locke's body on the beach.  Having Sayid actually wake up makes me doubt that he is Jacob a little.

I also thought it was cool when:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jack kind of recognized Desmond on the plane since they really had met before in one of the earlier flashbacks before Jack boarded the plane and Desmond left on his sailing expedition.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2010, 07:10:02 PM »

I was totally blown away by the premiere, particularly hour 1.  Definitely my questions earlier were answered as to the difference between the leaked 4 minutes and the commercials.  I never would have thought they would do it like this, so I love being surprised.

I love Denoginizer's theory (above in spoiler), that never occured to me!  That sounds very much like what they will do.

So many little things about the premiere that I enjoyed, little touches, subtle (and not so subtle) plot elements.  Just wonderful.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Absolutely love the alternate realities playing out simultaneously.  But it just seems like there's not enough hours in the show left to properly resolve it all.  Unless very little time will actually pass in Alt Reality and somehow the key players will all get stuck back on another plane and still end up on the island again?  I love Kate on the run, but given that she's with Claire...

I'm not sure I liked revisiting Juliette's death.  I thought the ending last season was just brilliant and heart-breaking and should have been left untouched.  This just felt like a cruel way to tease and torture us Juliette fans (and then show her in commercials of V to taunt us lol).  But I suppose the "it worked" was a pretty critical element to the overall story, I guess she was the best person to deliver that message.

Go go Lockemonster!!!

Love Desmond showing up on the plane - apparently the reality altering goes further than just the plane not getting shot down?  Or was he even really there?

The underwater pan to the island completely sunken in Alt Reality -awesome awesome awesome!!!

On a side note, there was no mention made of why Shannon wasn't there, correct?  I guess they couldn't get her in time.  It was fun to see Ian Somerholder again after watching him as a completely different character in Vampire Diaries where he has so much more charisma.  And I loved seeing Charlie again.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:38:04 PM by rittchard » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 03, 2010, 07:10:02 PM

I was totally blown away by the premiere, particularly hour 1.  Definitely my questions earlier were answered as to the difference between the leaked 4 minutes and the commercials.  I never would have thought they would do it like this, so I love being surprised.

I love Denoginizer's theory (above in spoiler), that never occured to me!  That sounds very much like what they will do.

So many little things about the premiere that I enjoyed, little touches, subtle (and not so subtle) plot elements.  Just wonderful.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Absolutely love the alternate realities playing out simultaneously.  But it just seems like there's not enough hours in the show left to properly resolve it all.  Unless very little time will actually pass in Alt Reality and somehow the key players will all get stuck back on another plane and still end up on the island again?  I love Kate on the run, but given that she's with Claire...

I'm not sure I liked revisiting Juliette's death.  I thought the ending last season was just brilliant and heart-breaking and should have been left untouched.  This just felt like a cruel way to tease and torture us Juliette fans (and then show her in commercials of V to taunt us lol).  But I suppose the "it worked" was a pretty critical element to the overall story, I guess she was the best person to deliver that message.

Go go Lockemonster!!!

Love Desmond showing up on the plane - apparently the reality altering goes further than just the plane not getting shot down?  Or was he even really there?

The underwater pan to the island completely sunken in Alt Reality -awesome awesome awesome!!!

On a side note, there was no mention made of why Shannon wasn't there, correct?  I guess they couldn't get her in time.  It was fun to see Ian Somerholder again after watching him as a completely different character in Vampire Diaries where he has so much more charisma.  And I loved seeing Charlie again.

Which theory of Degonizer's?

Spoiler for Hiden:
As for Juliette, it wasn't entirely clear that she died at the end of the ep last season, so they did need to resolve that.  That was one of the big questions in the "What exactly happened" vein that people were wondering about.

I imagine Desmond was coming back from his race or something (maybe he won Penny back?).  I'm sure we'll get more of this later.

They did make a breif mention of Shannon's reasons for not being there.  I guess her brother couldn't convince her to leave the guy this time.  Not sure how the lack of an island changed that, though.  Maybe it didn't call to her or need her.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Maybe the island didn't need her because the ratings were already good. Tongue
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »

HOLY CRAP
Spoiler for Hiden:
IF (and it's a big if) Sayid is now someone else, WHO THE HELL IS BEN?  Remember, beforehand he was just a nice kid.  Then he went to the temple and turned into a cold-blooded liar and manipulator.  My head just exploded.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2010, 09:25:59 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on February 03, 2010, 09:16:20 PM

HOLY CRAP
Spoiler for Hiden:
IF (and it's a big if) Sayid is now someone else, WHO THE HELL IS BEN?  Remember, beforehand he was just a nice kid.  Then he went to the temple and turned into a cold-blooded liar and manipulator.  My head just exploded.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Sayid isn't anyone else, but he might be changed physically and mentally. Why would he be someone else? Even if you accept the theory that he's now sort of possessed by Jacob (which I do not believe at all), why did Jacob have to jump through those hoops when Nemesis could just take over any dead body he liked without bringing them to the temple? Jacob can still interact with others through Hurley, which is most likely why he was brought to the Island in the first place and given the Ankh.

I think the pool/fountain is simply a fountain of youth, though not exactly the way the legends talk of it. The only person who uses it regularly is Richard (he might be immune to its negative effects, perhaps because he contains a lucky set of genes), and Jacob and Nemesis might use their own fountains in some way, though I doubt Nemesis is a person at all right now.

One theory I just came up with might be that Jacob is a scientist who had access to great resources. He built an AI of some kind, the smoke monster (perhaps a cloud of metal particles [note how pistol shells bounced right off it] powered and controlled by a small object that levitates through electromagnetism in the middle), and gave it instructions to protect his research site (the Island). His goals likely overlap with Dharma's official goal (to prevent the end of the world), except Jacob knows exactly when it will happen because he can either A) travel through time, or B) relives the same period of time over and over due to a paradox. I think B is more likely and fits nicely with Desmond's unhinging. The AI was given specific instructions to never harm Jacob, but over time it started to develop a personality and a deep hatred for its master. It hatched a scheme to kill him, though since its programming doesn't allow it to do him any direct harm it had to recruit the help of someone else. You know the rest.

It's the best theory I've come up with so far, and while it's probably not entirely correct, I think the final answers might be in the same vein.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:34:32 PM by TiLT » Logged
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
So how does Jacob get lists of people?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on February 03, 2010, 09:56:01 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
So how does Jacob get lists of people?

Spoiler for Hiden:
There are two options that I can see, with the first being more likely:
1) He either can travel through time and space or relives time over and over again. As a result, he has been able to carefully monitor events and knows who is where and what he needs them to do.
2) He uses animals as spies (perhaps through some kind of possession). I think this might be somewhat true even if the first option is correct. Look at Vincent's behavior in particular. Especially in the first season, he had a tendency to sit hidden in the bushes and observe the losties without interfering.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »

Your theories are interesting, TiLT, and possible.
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Sayid as Jacob thing may be a little too obvious, so I've been doubting it myself the more I think on it.  However, as to why Jacob would have to jump through hoops when not-Locke doesn't, though, a) The path of the good is always the more challenging (though I'm not convinced the good/evil equation is as cut and dried as we might think), but also b) non-Locke did have to jump through hoops.  At least one major one, in fact.  For some reason that we don't know yet, he had to get Ben to kill Locke before he could take on Locke's appearance.  And then he had to convince Ben to kill Jacob.  We'll see how or if that's connected.

How does Non-Locke's wanting to go home fit in with your theory, BTW?

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »

There was a line from last night that I found particularly intriguing (or I'm just reading too much into it slywink)

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder about Juliet's rambling about the coffee.  If Juliet knew that it worked, she must have somehow seen the other timeline.  Perhaps, at the same point in time as she's dying in one timeline, she's arranging a date with Sawyer in the other one (hence the coffee line)?

After being disappointed with the rather absurd season 5 finale, I was happy to see such a well-done season premiere.  BTW, they've set the finale date - May 23 (Hmm...23?)

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2010, 03:18:51 AM »

Thanks for the spoiler tags, guys. Much appreciated.

Wifey and I just finished it. Sweet.

Obligatory theory follows:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I knew new Locke was smoke monster. Heck, I think all of the weird manifestations were him all along (Christian...maybe even the horse).

I think smokey is an alien who's been trapped by generations of Others...and he ain't too happy about it. And he wants to go home.

I'm not sure about the parallel time line stuff. Would the island have sunk because the nuke went off? I think the LA stuff might be the future (relative to what's happening at the Temple right now). Maybe Jack gets to do his reset another way.

At least we know how Richard never ages.

Good stuff, though. Glad to have it back!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: