http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:26:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost: The Final Season (spoilers not tagged)  (Read 22099 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:31:27 AM »

it's almost upon us, and here's an interview discussing the final season.  I didn't see anything that seemed spoilerific to me but YMMV.  personally I can't wait to see it all over with and to find out the answers, or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:34:02 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 02:40:28 AM »

God, I can't wait.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:44 AM »

This is probably the only reason I am keeping my dvr right now. Most shows I can wait till the dvd comes out.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:00:39 AM »

I shall be watching! New '24' season (very likely its last) and final 'Lost' lost season shall be great TV watching this spring. And, luckily, I got a big TV to enjoy both shows properly. smile
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:09:28 AM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on January 07, 2010, 02:40:28 AM

God, I can't wait.

And God sent his only cast to the Island for .... ah, screw it, have the pic..

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 06:06:58 AM »

Wheres Jack and is that Jin in that pic? The lasy episode i was was the ship blowing up and Sawyer jumping out of a helo.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 07:31:09 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on January 07, 2010, 06:06:58 AM

Wheres Jack and is that Jin in that pic? The lasy episode i was was the ship blowing up and Sawyer jumping out of a helo.

I think that's Jin to the right of Locke, and Jack's right behind him.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:18 AM »

totally ripping off BSG with the last supper thing. weak.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »

lol  the Last Supper thing has been done tons of times.  Everyone has ripped it off from DaVinci so dont get yer panties in a bunch.  Hes been dead for centuries, Im pretty sure hes no longer offended.   icon_wink

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »

That pic does reveal a few things about the season. Claire is back and Juliet is gone. The cast is standing in front of the ruins of a building bearing the Swan logo (the Hatch), which is where the Incident also happened. Locke remains important, though if they don't change things dramatically from the last season, he's not important in the way anyone thought he would be.
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »

I think I might need to rewatch the last season or two.  I can't seem to remember what really happened over the last few years.  It's like all the plotlines got jumbled in my head.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on January 07, 2010, 10:48:18 AM

totally ripping off BSG with the last supper thing. weak.

Did BSG rip off The Sopranos?
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

No words can describe how excited I am for this season. I have a feeling it's going to be great.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »

Quote from: Mithridates on January 07, 2010, 11:29:10 AM

I think I might need to rewatch the last season or two.  I can't seem to remember what really happened over the last few years.  It's like all the plotlines got jumbled in my head.

I'm trusting them to supply flashbacks and segues for me. When something's off the air for so long I lose all interest in it. I've completely forgotten whatever cliffhanger(s) they left us with. If they hope to draw me back in they'll need to do a little more than simply picking up wherever they left off.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on January 07, 2010, 04:30:30 PM

I'm trusting them to supply flashbacks and segues for me. When something's off the air for so long I lose all interest in it. I've completely forgotten whatever cliffhanger(s) they left us with. If they hope to draw me back in they'll need to do a little more than simply picking up wherever they left off.

they'll probably do a recap special before the season premiere, but I don't remember them doing anything to remind you of previous events during the last season.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on January 07, 2010, 04:30:30 PM

Quote from: Mithridates on January 07, 2010, 11:29:10 AM

I think I might need to rewatch the last season or two.  I can't seem to remember what really happened over the last few years.  It's like all the plotlines got jumbled in my head.

Since it's the last season no matter what I'm guessing they really aren't concerned with drawing people back in.  
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »

thumbsup

Finally some awesome TV.

/giggles with anticipation
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 07, 2010, 11:08:18 AM

That pic does reveal a few things about the season. Claire is back and Juliet is gone. The cast is standing in front of the ruins of a building bearing the Swan logo (the Hatch), which is where the Incident also happened. Locke remains important, though if they don't change things dramatically from the last season, he's not important in the way anyone thought he would be.

Interesting.  Also notice that the only person not looking at Jesus/Locke is Sawyer who is looking at Jack instead.  Is Sawyer in the Judas position?

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 04:47:06 PM »

Quote from: morlac on January 07, 2010, 04:38:41 PM

Interesting.  Also notice that the only person not looking at Jesus/Locke is Sawyer who is looking at Jack instead.  Is Sawyer in the Judas position?

if you go by the original da Vinci painting Sayid is pretty much in the Judas spot.

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 07, 2010, 04:47:06 PM

Quote from: morlac on January 07, 2010, 04:38:41 PM

if you go by the original da Vinci painting Sayid is pretty much in the Judas spot.

hmmm, well Sayid is the former assassin...

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 05:03:10 PM »

there's also one extra 'apostle' in that pic.  maybe Hurley is Mary  icon_lol

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 07, 2010, 05:03:10 PM

there's also one extra 'apostle' in that pic.  maybe Hurley is Mary  icon_lol

Yea I noticed one extra on the right but Surely Jesus would pick a better looking chick than Hurley!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:22:03 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »

fracking White House may cause a delay for that damn State of the Union address  icon_evil

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »

Maybe it was all real until they opened the hatch. That point on was a dream experiement. They'll wake up and be rescued.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »

Is ABC legally obligated to show the SOTU? Why don't they just go head to head with it with Lost. I bet Lost outdraws the speech, and they would get advertising revenue.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 07, 2010, 06:40:06 PM

Is ABC legally obligated to show the SOTU? Why don't they just go head to head with it with Lost. I bet Lost outdraws the speech, and they would get advertising revenue.

I'm not sure if they are, but I'm sure the administration wouldn't be happy with them stealing all their viewers.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »

I don't think the networks ever *like* showing Presidential speeches since they lose a precious hour of primetime ad revenue but they still feel obligated to show them.  Plus it probably wouldn't do ABC News any favors in terms of Administration access. 

I thought I recall Fox skipping out on a presidential speech at some point though, but I'm not sure. 
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »

I just finished watching season 5 on dvd, and I really enjoyed how frequently they made fun of themselves.  

Richard?  You mean the guy with the dark eyeliner?

Or Hurley's discussion on the time travel paradox poking fun at the loops and knots the writers created over the past 5 seasons.  Dude, that's confusing.

Oh, and I loved the George Lucas script rewrite.  Hilarious.

I read that season 5 had the lowest ratings, but I thought it was one of the best seasons, particularly with all of the plot reveals.  If you've been out of the loop for a season like I was, I definitely recommend catching up with the season 5 dvds.  

Really looking foward to the finale season.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:03:51 PM by Roguetad » Logged
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »

Got to love that they listen to the fans too.  There was a point where they introduced 2 new characters, a man and woman con artist team.  Abc recieved a such deluge of hate mail for these 2 new intruders that they did a special episode devoted to eliminating them in an extremely insidious manner.  There was much rejoicing!    I really hope that they do the series justice and end it in style.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on January 07, 2010, 09:05:38 PM

Got to love that they listen to the fans too.  There was a point where they introduced 2 new characters, a man and woman con artist team.  Abc recieved a such deluge of hate mail for these 2 new intruders that they did a special episode devoted to eliminating them in an extremely insidious manner.  There was much rejoicing!    I really hope that they do the series justice and end it in style.

I'm pretty confident that they will end it in a manner that I'm satisfied with.  I think they've really shown they last few seasons that they know where they are going.  Though I expect not everyone will be pleased with the wrap-up. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »

I am soooooo excited, thanks for posting the pics!!  As a dedicated TV nut, it's saying a lot when I have Lost on the brink of being my all time favorite TV series (the spot presently held by Buffy).
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »

Glad to pass that along.  I was honestly surprised that I was the first to get to it since it was on the net for several hours before I posted it.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »

I like that in the interview the one writer talks about how the shitty episodes allowed them to get the end date from the studio, which in turn has allowed them to finish it and pace it out in such a way that the stories are actually good again.

So without those shitty episodes, these last few seasons wouldn't have been possible.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 10:33:32 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on January 07, 2010, 10:04:28 PM

I like that in the interview the one writer talks about how the shitty episodes allowed them to get the end date from the studio, which in turn has allowed them to finish it and pace it out in such a way that the stories are actually good again.

So without those shitty episodes, these last few seasons wouldn't have been possible.

I see, maybe that has been Heroes plan since season one?

morlac00 on PSN
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 12:49:10 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on January 07, 2010, 10:04:28 PM

This will henceforth be known to me as The Dollhouse Effect.  I was discussing with a friend how much better Dollhouse was in its final episodes now that they were forced to bring the plots to a head and every episode was part of the core plotline as opposed to "filler."

- - -

Now, having seen most Lost episodes a minimum of twice, and most of them three times, I'd have to say I really don't recall there being any truly "shitty" episodes.   One of the eps that the producers called the worst was the Bai Ling/Tattoo episode, and honestly even though there were some horrible things about it, I loved the camp value Bai Ling brings, and plenty of naked Jack made the episode a must watch for me.  There were a few eps in the beginning of season 3 (I think) where Jack, Kate and Sawyer were trapped with the Others that at the time I found very annoying and aggravating - but having now watched them in sequence on Blu Ray, I felt they flowed much better and were actually fine in the overall scheme.  In fact this goes with some of S2 as well, once you watch it all without interruption (particularly with the beauty of Blu-Ray), it all flows much better.  Sure you can argue there is plenty of "filler" content in some of the awkward episodes (Nikki and Paulo anyone?), but for the most part the quality of the show has always been top notch, and even the worst episodes offered something enjoyable for the hardcore fans.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »

I think that's why I liked season 5 so much, The Dollhouse effect nod.  The writers had to put all of the trains back on the track, headed for Convergence, and I got to hang on for the ride.  By the way, do you remember the name of the book that Jacob was reading when JL fell out of the window?  Pretty cool.  

Spoiler for Hiden:
Everything That Rises Must Converge by Flannery O’Connor

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:26:14 AM by Roguetad » Logged
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 02:30:59 AM »

Seasons 1-5 are on Hulu right now.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 03:00:05 AM »

My wife and I were really into this right until our Tivo died somewhere in S2 or S3...Can't remember. We missed a few episodes and couldnt catch up...
We have been waiting for this final season to come so that we can just get the whole series and spend a weekend or 2 watching it...
So I can't wait until the season is over so I can watch it....
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »

I've been looking forward to this ever since the end of last season's finale.  This is the only show I genuinely look forward to watching every week. 

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »

I thought that the pacing in some of the middle seasons were off. They didn't know where to take the show, and it was obvious in the writing. Nothing was happening.

I'm sure watching them all back-to-back covered this a little bit, it always does help when a show has slow pacing. But watching them as they aired each week was rough.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: