http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 06:57:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Scene from Return of the Jedi!!!  (Read 1141 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:19:53 AM »

Obi-Wan explains alot more in this extended scene.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 05:05:51 AM »

I recently got the latest dvd version of Return of the Jedi and noticed that at the very end they had Hayden Christensen along with Yodi and Obi-Wan instead of that middle aged actor they had originally.

Ye Olde Farte
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:09:08 AM »

Uh...not funny CK?  eek
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:33:20 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 17, 2006, 05:09:08 AM

Uh...not funny CK?  eek

whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 05:44:41 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 17, 2006, 05:33:20 AM

Quote from: Calvin on November 17, 2006, 05:09:08 AM

Uh...not funny CK?  eek

whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?
IM MOCKING YOU SIR!!  :icon_eek:
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 12:13:27 PM »

Not that I agree with the "message", but this video was much better...

http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=20689
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »

Quote from: dbt1949 on November 17, 2006, 05:05:51 AM

I recently got the latest dvd version of Return of the Jedi and noticed that at the very end they had Hayden Christensen along with Yodi and Obi-Wan instead of that middle aged actor they had originally.

This would have bothered me less if they'd used Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, for consistancy sake.  (Geek hat on) Things like this are a large part why I refused to buy the DVDs until the un-Specialized edition was released a couple months back (Geek hat off)

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Ye Olde Farte
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 03:48:56 PM »

Quote from: JLu on November 17, 2006, 01:11:47 PM

This would have bothered me less if they'd used Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, for consistancy sake.  (Geek hat on) Things like this are a large part why I refused to buy the DVDs until the un-Specialized edition was released a couple months back (Geek hat off)

Bigger geek hat .... I think the point of the young ghost is that that's the time in Anakin's life when he "died" as a Jedi and became a Sith. It's still stupid, but the murky logic is tied into that kind of concept.

And I'm pretty sure George Lucas has indeed killed my love of Star Wars.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »

Quote from: Dafones on November 17, 2006, 03:48:56 PM

Bigger geek hat .... I think the point of the young ghost is that that's the time in Anakin's life when he "died" as a Jedi and became a Sith. It's still stupid, but the murky logic is tied into that kind of concept.

It's a sore spot.

Because if Luke truly redeemed Vader at the end of ROTJ, why does doesn't Anakin's ghost appear at the age of his death?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 09:05:26 PM »

Quote from: Bob on November 17, 2006, 05:53:48 PM

Quote from: Dafones on November 17, 2006, 03:48:56 PM

It's a sore spot.

Because if Luke truly redeemed Vader at the end of ROTJ, why does doesn't Anakin's ghost appear at the age of his death?

Nahahahahahah. I dont agree at all Bob. This is one of the few things that I agree with Lucas on. When Anakin turned to the dark side and became Vader, Anakin, for all intents and purposes, died. Early on he could have been redeemed but he refused to listen to Obi Wan, and when he dueled him and lost and truly became Vader, the old anakin was gone. Luke did redeem Vader-he returned him to the good. But the suit of metal and armor and the name Vader were just...fluff. Anakin Skywalker came back for those final few moments when he was redeemed, and when he died, he returned to the form as the Anakin Skywalker that had "died" 30 years previously.

You know, speaking of star wars, as much as I dislike elements of Ep 1. and 2. the more I watch Ep 3 the more I appreciate it and the more it ties into the original trilogy. As Lucas has insisted for years, this is not the story of Luke Skywalker. Its the story of Anakin and his redemption-the story of luke is started in the the original trilogy but it only becomes his in the expanded universe novels-and I really regret we will never see any of the great Zahn works as movies frown
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 12:53:26 AM »

theres an equally funny scene like this in robot chicken - vader and luke are fighting on cloud city, and when vader says "i am your father" he then continues to explain "oh yea, and i built c3po... and the force is just a bug in your blood... and..." it goes on - its pretty damn funny.  but the end theyre both sipping coffee and luke is just like oh come on!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: