http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 06:44:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost returns next week! [Spoilers!]  (Read 13441 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2009, 07:01:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 17, 2009, 05:52:45 PM

on another note, is anyone else expecting Walt to show back up on the island?
He seemed to have a lot of importance early on and then just faded away. Didn't he have some kind of magical powers to heal/kill animals or something as a little boy before he ever got to the island?

A compilation of Michael showing how much he loves Walt.  icon_twisted

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 16, 2009, 06:19:35 PM

ever since the Character Horace came into this season(or the last one i can't remember)i have been waiting for him to die....because of Season 2(and the video game)when they found the blue dharma hippy VW van with the skeleton in the jump suit with the name Horace ...so when Sayid picked up that jump suit i just though 'oooohh no'

I'm not the most observant television watcher, but I don't remember a bullet hole in Horace's uniform.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2009, 12:13:48 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on May 17, 2009, 11:41:49 PM

ever since the Character Horace came into this season(or the last one i can't remember)i have been waiting for him to die....because of Season 2(and the video game)when they found the blue dharma hippy VW van with the skeleton in the jump suit with the name Horace ...so when Sayid picked up that jump suit i just though 'oooohh no'

I'm not the most observant television watcher, but I don't remember a bullet hole in Horace's uniform.

hmm,true...but didnt Sayid have it zipped down?(not sure)...and i am still hoping it IS Horace somehow in the blue hippy VW van on an extreme diet...the van still has to get in the middle of the jungle as well...it all depends on what actually happens with that bomb,if it did work everything means nothing...hmm,maybe that should be the slogan for the last season when its advertised 'Everything means nothing'...that sounds like a typical Lost advertisement soundbite

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 18, 2009, 12:13:48 AM

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on May 17, 2009, 11:41:49 PM

hmm,true...but didnt Sayid have it zipped down?(not sure)...and i am still hoping it IS Horace somehow in the blue hippy VW van on an extreme diet...the van still has to get in the middle of the jungle as well...it all depends on what actually happens with that bomb,if it did work everything means nothing...hmm,maybe that should be the slogan for the last season when its advertised 'Everything means nothing'...that sounds like a typical Lost advertisement soundbite

I think you might have gotten  your skeletons mixed up, for the skeleton in the van was Roger Linus. Remember when Ben took his dad out in the van and gased him? Roger drank a lot and they found all those Dharma beer cans in the back of the van. That happened in Season 3 episode http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tricia_Tanaka_Is_Dead

Horace jump suit came into play when Locke, Ben and Hurley visited a mass grave of Dhrama people and found Horace's skeleton corpse amongst them. That happened in season 4 episode http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cabin_Fever
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:53 AM »

huh,i could of sworn it was Horace in the van...but i dont remember that from season 3 though,i do remember the mass grave,was Hurley with them?,i thought that was when Ben shot Locke

oh well so,is Sayid headed for a Mass Grave then?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2009, 11:22:23 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 18, 2009, 08:59:53 AM

oh well so,is Sayid headed for a Mass Grave then?

No, the person in that mass grave was Horace. He was killed during the Purge, and all the bodies from that were dumped into a mass grave. We haven't seen any additional bodies with Horace's name on them, so we have no way of knowing what will happen to Sayid yet.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2009, 07:09:39 PM »

Is anyone else getting a Greek Gods vibe from this show now?  I'm going to guess this isn't what they are doing but the whole Jacob and his buddy on the island remind me of stories of Zeus and the other gods playing around with favorite mortals and using lesser gods like Hermes(Richard) to carry messages and be the go between.  I could buy into a story of some civilization's Gods fucking around with people because they enjoy it and have grudges with each other.  I think this would explain why certain characters don't age, how Jacob's foe could appear to be Locke and possibly Christian as well, why Richard may not like doing things but still does because he knows he can't die.

OK now that I have that out of the way, the new group of people on the island that arrived with Locke's body, could they be the crew of the Black Rock and actually be older than Richard/ or have served Jacob longer than Richard?

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

Quote from: Rich on May 18, 2009, 07:09:39 PM

Is anyone else getting a Greek Gods vibe from this show now? 

Thematically I see loose parallels with the Christian creation myth: Jacob as God, Smokey as the Adversary, and a storyline about banishment from and return to Paradise. Rose and Bernard even have an Adam & Eve thing going on. I don't think it's meant to be overt, and in fact I hope it won't boil down to a simple Good vs Evil or sin and redemption story.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »

Quote from: Rich on May 18, 2009, 07:09:39 PM

Is anyone else getting a Greek Gods vibe from this show now? 

There's an awful lot of Egyptian imagery. I'm not up on my Egyptian mythology, but that would be my first guess, rather than Greek. (I also wonder about the "Horace"/"Horus" homonym).

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on May 18, 2009, 09:09:26 PM

Thematically I see loose parallels with the Christian creation myth: Jacob as God, Smokey as the Adversary, and a storyline about banishment from and return to Paradise. Rose and Bernard even have an Adam & Eve thing going on. I don't think it's meant to be overt, and in fact I hope it won't boil down to a simple Good vs Evil or sin and redemption story.

Remember the two skeletons in the cave during Season 1? Fans dubbed them Adam and Eve with Rose and Bernard the most likely candidates to end up with a black and white stone in their collective pouch.

I'm thinking instead of good/evil its a battle between Fate and Free Will. Jacob keeps calling people to the island to prove one.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

Smoke Monster getting his own primetime show

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2009, 01:58:52 AM »

Some hints about Season 6.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: