http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 07:34:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost returns next week! [Spoilers!]  (Read 13307 times)
Ironrod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2009, 05:10:15 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on April 04, 2009, 03:23:07 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on April 03, 2009, 04:10:19 PM

Here's a complete WAG: In the series finale, the Losties will somehow cause the plane crash that started the series. The entire story will be a closed circle with the end leading to the beginning.

I believe it's been established that Desmond caused the plane crash that started the series when he decided to stop pressing the button, but chickened out when the time flipped over to a string of symbols.  Locke retrieved a daisy-chain printout from the "Pearl" station that logged the results of Desmond's activity, and the crash of the Oceanic flight corresponded exactly to Desmond's dereliction of duty.

-Autistic Angel

I had forgotten about that. Oh well, it was a good theory except for being completely wrong.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2009, 03:49:29 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 03, 2009, 03:32:57 PM

do you not think Locke will come back? at all?...for me he is the star of the show

nevermind on that one icon_biggrin

EDIT:can't say it was a mega great episode this week
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:52:15 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2009, 05:02:52 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 03, 2009, 03:53:35 AM

i wanna know about that statue

you saw it in season 1 when Sayid and co,tried to sail round the island....the statue in question was very big,and only had 4 toes(on each foot)...in this season(5)you saw the back of it when they were in the jungle(i think Jin and a young Danielle running from the smoke monster),i actually thought i was going to find out about it,but seems not to be
i have been waiting since season 1 to find out

how many episodes are in this season?,as there was only 14 i think last season(3 episodes for the finale)..was that due to the writers strike or the fact that they were getting complaints about stretching the story out?

I believe they agreed to have 16 episodes each for the final 3 seasons.  Both the premiere and finale counted as 2 separate episodes.

As for the statue, there are quite a few theories on it.  The one that looks the most plausible is that it is of Anubis, perhaps welcoming people to the land of the dead.  There are some things off about it (the size of the ears and holding 2 ankhs instead of one) and the 4-toes takes a bit of a stretch.  Whatever it is, it looks likely to be related to Egyptian mythology, which also likely ties into the temple thing that Ben went into, as well as the smoke monster.  I believe they've promised some answers to these, but likely not til the last season.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2009, 05:22:34 AM »

Seasons 5 and 6 will have 17 episodes each to compensate for the missing episodes in season 4.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »

Great episode! Ben and Locke dueling makes for great acting. I'm glad Caesar was killed. The bounty hunter chick turning into a Warlord seemed a bit weird. Makes you wonder if she was not really a bounty hunter, but was working for either Ben or Whitmore to capture Syeed and get him on the plane.

Great scenes with the smoke monster and Ben having to relinquish leadership control of the group over to Locke.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2009, 05:49:32 PM »

Great episode! About time after the not-so-interesting-to-me Losties as Dharma members.

Ben almost looked disappointed that the monster let him live.
I don't think that's really Locke, but an incarnation of the Island...thinking Alex and Jacks' dad here. His smugness towards Ben is awesome.
'Shadow of the statue'...great stuff, totally unexpected. That poor, damned pilot.  icon_lol
Good seeing Alex again...not sure Ben thought it was so good. slywink
Why does Richard never age, but Widmore does? Ben does...Nathan does, but never Richard.
So glad that Ben didn't kill Penny...the Des/Penny arc was always one of my favorites.
Kinda odd they killed Ceasar...I'm thinking Ben knew he was a Widmore agent.
Looks to me like Locke is going to pull the Dharma Losties out of the '70's...I hope.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »

I think it's really Locke.  For instance, Christian has always been a little esoteric and mysterious, while John went out of his way to tell Sun that it's really him.

Michael Emerson is a fantastic actor.  I thought he knocked it out of the park.  I loved how he actually seemed out of his element.  Normally, he always seems in control, even when it doesn't look like he is.  However, I knew throughout the entire episode that he was totally freaked.  He was trying to get back in control (like by killing Cesar), but he just couldn't.  In his facial expressions, his tics, all those subtle clues, he blew me away.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on April 09, 2009, 05:56:01 PM

I think it's really Locke.  For instance, Christian has always been a little esoteric and mysterious, while John went out of his way to tell Sun that it's really him.

Michael Emerson is a fantastic actor.  I thought he knocked it out of the park.  I loved how he actually seemed out of his element.  Normally, he always seems in control, even when it doesn't look like he is.  However, I knew throughout the entire episode that he was totally freaked.  He was trying to get back in control (like by killing Cesar), but he just couldn't.  In his facial expressions, his tics, all those subtle clues, he blew me away.

I was thinking the same thing the whole episode.  He's always been a great actor, but this one really was a showcase for all sorts of acting styles and reactions.  As you said his various facial expressions were spot on throughout all the sequences, and there were a ton.  Though the younger version of him with hair was a little tough to swallow  icon_razz  The whole episode just felt so... full, in a great way, it was like watching the entire series and filling in all the blanks.  I realize not many blanks were actually filled, but it felt like it, so that was wonderful. 

Not sure what was up with Jordin Sparks going Warlord, but as mentioned my guess is she is Widmore related.

P.S.  Anyone read ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Though I was very happy Penny didn't die, the whole sequence where he goes to kill her played out almost 100% as I imagined it, so I was a bit disappointed.  It just felt too predictable, although I'm glad of the outcome.

I loved mean Alex at the end giving Ben the bitchslap.  Nice!

More ANUBIS baby!!!

I just realized some of my spoiler points were already spoiled.  What is our spoiler etiquette for this thread, since it already does say spoilers in the title?
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 09, 2009, 06:04:53 PM

What is our spoiler etiquette for this thread, since it already does say spoilers in the title?
Its in the thread title. You shouldn't be here unless you've seen the episode or don't mind reading spoilers.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »

Cool stuff on Anubis, rittchard.

Not Locke was a bad way for me to put it. Maybe Locke Plus would better. Jack's dad comes and goes...and Locke did that once already last night. Locke seems to be tied to whatever force is behind the Island now. He sure seems to be a lot different now and I don't think that's just because he finds himself alive. slywink

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2009, 03:38:16 PM »

i had avoided this thread the last few days because i hadnt seen the episode,just watched it and it was a great episode,much better than last weeks which pretty much had me bored to tears

the thing about Ben is you can never trust him..sometimes you think he has turned,but then you find out he was being a bastard,like when His daughter said that he was planning on killing Locke again...Widmore having all that hair then none made me laugh

(Alan Dale who plays Widmore has been on UK TV screens since the early 80s because he has been in nearly every Australian Soap going

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9334/tydsh9.jpg)

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

I think Locke is actually Jacob.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2009, 06:21:14 PM »

Quote from: naednek on April 10, 2009, 03:48:53 PM

I think Locke is actually Jacob.

That would be an interesting twist, I presume you mean new/undead/rezzed Locke?  Because otherwise you'd have to explain why old Locke was going to visit Jacob on a number of occasions.  Unless it was a journey to "find himself" slywink

In other random rumors, I saw a note on some guy who has been cast - rumor is that he may be playing Jacob.

Also rumored, Juliette may be going soon - as she was cast on the new V series.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »

The "New Locke = Jacob" theory has been aired in other places as well, but it doesn't make all that much sense with our current information. Why would Jacob need Ben to jump through so many hoops to meet the Monster when Locke is right next to him and could serve the same function (assuming Jacob and the Monster are the same entity, which is likely)? Also, think back on all the times we've seen dead people appear before the living earlier in the series. In all of those situations, something was "off" in a major way with how the dead people acted (such as Alex making no attempt to hide the fact that she's actually the Monster in this latest episode).

Christian was once asked if he was Jacob. He replied that he wasn't, but that he was allowed to speak on his behalf. I believe Locke's situation may be the same, particularly considering that Christian and Locke both arrived at the Island in a coffin.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 10, 2009, 06:21:14 PM

Noooooooooooo! frown

She's my fave.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2009, 04:37:42 AM »

Quote from: Qantaga on April 11, 2009, 02:31:19 AM

Quote from: rittchard on April 10, 2009, 06:21:14 PM

Noooooooooooo! frown

She's my fave.

+1. She has enormous talents.

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »

Interesting episode.

My favorite moments:

1. The reveal of Miles' father.
2. Hurley writing Empire Strikes Back for Lucas, with improvements. smile
3. Juliet saying to Kate, "Now, it starts." (or something to that effect).
4. Daniel returning to the island.

~Switchfoot
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on April 16, 2009, 04:18:56 PM

Interesting episode.

My favorite moments:

1. The reveal of Miles' father.
2. Hurley writing Empire Strikes Back for Lucas, with improvements. smile
3. Juliet saying to Kate, "Now, it starts." (or something to that effect).
4. Daniel returning to the island.

I also liked the "you're just jealous your powers aren't as cool" line.  Decent moments as you mentioned, but overall I was disappointed and for the first time this season a bit bored.  This seemed to hearken back to Season 2 where it was the introductory flashback episode of a character.  At this point they have so few episodes left it doesn't feel like there's enough time for this kind of fill-in backstory.  There was no resolution of his dad issue, we don't know how/why the dad left him as a baby (clearly the mom takes baby back to the mainland, possibly from actions the Losties have set in motion), how/why he got his powers, etc - in other words he still likely has another episode coming, or they'll just drop it all.

Also is it me or does every character in Lost have some sort of deep seeded Daddy issue?  Jack, Claire, Hurley, Sun, Kate, Sawyer, Ben, Locke, Walt/Michael, arguably Penny, now Miles.  For that matter even the ones I don't really remember have fairly absent father figures, like Charlie, Juliet, Desmond, those 2 that died in season 1, Eko, Daniel, etc etc.  These writers are daddy obsessed!  In fact if there is one commonality in all the characters it's their daddy issues.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2009, 01:43:39 AM »

Damn Ritt!  That is fantastic on the daddy observation.  I never noticed but you are absolutely right.  I agree about the episode too.  it's too late in the series for new character devolpment but at leas it is tied to a long time mystery figure in the Dr.  Though any episode featuring Hurley in a prominent role is usually very watchable by me.  He is very likable and makes me grin the most with his goofy yet insightful manor.

morlac00 on PSN
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

Good observation Ritt!

Like morlac, I had never made that connection, with all my time invested in the show. It's like the elephant in the room. I never noticed it, but now that you have pointed it out, it's a glaringly huge aspect of the storylines. I wonder if the writers are even aware of how prevalent that theme has become, if it is something that has unintentionally crept into their writing or if they are intentionally writing Jacob (perhaps) to be the father figure that none of the characters had before the island.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 04:42:56 PM by Qantaga » Logged

~Switchfoot
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:47 PM »

http://epguides.com/Lost/

Notice how episode 11 in season 1 was called "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues". Methinks the writers are aware of it. smile
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »

Heh, forgot about that ep title.  Definitely agree Jacob is some sort of key father figure in the endgame.  All our main characters are "Lost" without their daddies, so maybe he has to help them find themselves.  Or something.

Nice episode guide site, and interesting to see the Final 4 eps this season:

99.   5-14        514     29 Apr 09   The Variable
100.   5-15        515      6 May 09   Follow the Leader
101.   5-16        516     13 May 09   The Incident (1)
102.   5-17        517     13 May 09   The Incident (2)

The Variable - dare we hope for a Desmond sequel to "The Constant" (one of my all time favorite episodes of any show of all time)?

(EDIT:  looks like it will be a Daniel focused episode, oh well.  Still hoping it's a winner!)

Follow the Leader - maybe a Jack episode?  He's been pretty quite this season.  Or more likely Locke...

The Incident - what incident is this referring to? Something we have or haven't seen before?  I'm pretty sure it will involve Dr. Change (I read something in TV Guide).  Didn't they mention the numbers/hatch thing went awry once before?  Will it be an incident that our Losties themselves cause in order to try to get back in their correct time?

Can't believe there's only 4 more.  I love this show so much!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:48:58 PM by rittchard » Logged
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2009, 08:06:02 PM »

Why was Miles offered $1.6 Million to go to the island? That seems like such a random amount. Why not 1.5 or 2?

Shouldn't there be a time warp with future Miles and baby Miles in the same time zone? I thought that's why Charlotte's body disappeared when the island was time jumping and landed at the same time that she was a little girl on the island.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2009, 09:35:32 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 17, 2009, 08:06:02 PM

Why was Miles offered $1.6 Million to go to the island? That seems like such a random amount. Why not 1.5 or 2?

Shouldn't there be a time warp with future Miles and baby Miles in the same time zone? I thought that's why Charlotte's body disappeared when the island was time jumping and landed at the same time that she was a little girl on the island.

Yeah the specific number seemed neither here nor there, it's not even one of the "numbers" (although 16 is).

I don't think they are going with the rule that future and present bodies can't occupy the same space/time; I believe Daniel already said something about that.  I think Charlotte's body disappeared during the time jump simply because she was dead and the island reclaimed her or something like that.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2009, 01:32:45 AM »

not a bad episode,miles* better than the one before last weeks episode(the one with Kate giving up Aaron,that was one of the most boring episodes ever)

*pun intended

i pretty much guessed Hurley was writing Empire when he asked about bounty hunter..but mainly because i knew the episode was called 'Some like it hoth'. icon_wink....i can say that i dont want to read his version,LOL..'put down the lightsabres and talk about it'

so,4 episodes to go...and thats just enough time for the shit to hit the fan at the Dharma camp,and to leave us on a cliffhanger until next february disgust

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2009, 02:02:07 AM »

'Follow The Leader' is about Richard Alpert

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2009, 03:45:55 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on April 19, 2009, 02:02:07 AM

'Follow The Leader' is about Richard Alpert

good...maybe we will see him in the 1700s or something,or when he first became a daywalker(Vampire that can be out in the sun)...as i am interested to know why he doesn't age....a better theory is maybe he was originally on the Black Rock and that's how he came to the island(i have no real theory on why he doesn't age)..he does have a connection with Locke though,he was present at his birth and also visited him again when he was 5 or 6,and told his mother(parent guide)that he considered Locke special and thought he ought to go to a school for 'special people'

he gave Locke a test with a penknife,a book and an egg timer or a compass maybe...and told him to choose one(maybe more)after Locke chose,he walked out and told his mother he was mistaken...he came to him again 10 years or so later

didnt Richard give Locke a Compass to give back to him(this season) in the past when Locke would leap back in time?..i wonder if that was the same compass from the test?..(in the test he asked Locke to choose which objects were already his)

okay i am confusing myself here now

didnt i read somewhere that everyone was gonna split up?..(Jacks group Vs Sawyers group)..not just split up like be in different places but fall out,one group stays with Dharma one group goes with the Others
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:47:32 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:25 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 19, 2009, 03:45:55 AM

didnt Richard give Locke a Compass to give back to him(this season) in the past when Locke would leap back in time?..i wonder if that was the same compass from the test?..(in the test he asked Locke to choose which objects were already his)

Yes, it was the same compass. It seems Richard Alpert didn't fully understand how Locke was significant, so he expected him to recognize the compass already as a kid. When he realized that Locke didn't, he left disappointed.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2009, 09:48:29 PM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 17, 2009, 08:06:02 PM

maybe they just put that in there to drive everyone crazy trying to figure out why such a number was chosen  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2009, 03:05:10 AM »

Wasn't 1.6m the amount Locke wanted from Ben? I seem to remember something like that from quite a while back.

meh episode, tbh.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2009, 03:21:04 AM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 20, 2009, 03:05:10 AM

Wasn't 1.6m the amount Locke wanted from Ben? I seem to remember something like that from quite a while back.
No, that was Miles that was trying to get 1.6M from Ben. I guess he thought if he couldn't get it from Whitmore he would get it from Ben. It just seems like a random amount.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »

I'd say because 16 is one of the mysterious numbers, but so is 15. So yeah, go figure.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2009, 01:49:45 AM »

10 questions answered by the showrunners.  doesn't look like anything too spoilerific.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2009, 03:27:13 AM »

I can't believe they did a clips show. I feel so cheated. I can't believe I sat and watched a clips show. Are the writers on strike again? mad

jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »

Yeah that was shit.  And the promos - "See the losties from a whole new perspective" - made me think they would actually, uh... show them from a whole new perspective.  Instead, it was the same exact crap we'd already seen.

Jerks.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2009, 01:49:45 AM

10 questions answered by the showrunners.  doesn't look like anything too spoilerific.

This surprised me:

VFX allow us to make Hawaii look like literally any place in the world. We’ve used our VFX team to turn Oahu into Iraq, Berlin, Paris, Tunisia and even a snowy winter in Red Square. In fact, in the entire 100-plus episode history of the show we’ve only shot four scenes off the island, mainly due to actor availability.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2009, 03:08:53 AM »

was this weeks episode not episode 14 then?...or was episode 14 a clip show?...do we still have 4 more episodes to go?..if a tree fell down.... icon_biggrin

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2009, 02:04:40 AM »

Time zone spoiler:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

~Switchfoot
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2009, 07:41:48 AM »

I loved tonight's episode (The Variable), especially how the ending colors the rest of the episode (most notably the "No matter what happens, remember I'll always love you" inscription and Eloise's line about making sacrifices).  I was also glad to see the group together again, if only briefly.  My only problem with this season has been how fragmented everything is, with numerous groups of people and storylines all happening at once.  The threads are finally starting to come together, though, and I really have no idea where they're going with all this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:50:00 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: