http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 07:05:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost returns next week! [Spoilers!]  (Read 13285 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on March 05, 2009, 04:40:02 PM

OK, so just wtf was *that* all about?!?! (March 4 episode)

Another AWESOME episode lol.  But you gotta keep your brain on overdrive to keep up with it.

Spoiler synopsis:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'll give a synopsis a try: The final time jump (right before the one that zaps them way to the past - 4 toed statues anyone?) takes our island group to 1974.  Once there, they bump into Michelle (from 24) whose husband just died.  They save her and she takes them to the newfound Dharma.  Our new leader Sawyer buys time to stay in Dharma through an excellent turn of events involving Richard (great scene in that confrontation where for once, our heroes get to be the cryptic people with all the weird info).  Over the course of 3 years (presumably to match the physical amount of time that has passed off the island for our other adventurers in Team Jack), Sawyer takes over as head of security, and he and Juliet fall in love.  Michelle gets with creepy tree cutting guy (Horace) who impregnates her.  Lame Dharma doctors aren't equipped so Sawyer (with fake identity) pulls in Juliet, who delivers the baby boy with no problem, indicating the baby death thing will occur later (likely they may cause it themselves).  We don't know what Milo and Daniel have been doing, they may leave the island...  Jin has been hanging out til he one day stumbles upon Team Jack.  He calls Sawyer and voila, reunion time!!!  Is 3 years enough time to get over Freckles?  How about Juliet's crush on Jack?  Oh what a tangled soap opera we weave!!! 
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:06 PM »

While I am enjoying it like any true Lost fan, I gotta admit it is as convoluted as the Stimulus Bill.  No telling where it will go, but I know one thing, Sawyer is screwed.  And lucky.  Has been with both Kate and the Doc.  But now that Kate is back that is gonna really get complicated.  My oh my. 

I am Xboxalot on Live.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2009, 12:49:08 AM »

Quote from: mikeg on March 05, 2009, 11:27:06 PM

While I am enjoying it like any true Lost fan, I gotta admit it is as convoluted as the Stimulus Bill.  No telling where it will go, but I know one thing, Sawyer is screwed.  And lucky.  Has been with both Kate and the Doc.  But now that Kate is back that is gonna really get complicated.  My oh my. 

Can you say.... 3-way!!!  Or even better, 4-way with Jack!!!  Oh baby!

In other unrelated news, I just noticed I am a GT SENIOR Member now, yay me!!!
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 05, 2009, 07:42:04 PM

an excellent turn of events involving Richard (great scene in that confrontation where for once, our heroes get to be the cryptic people with all the weird info). 
Agree! Love Sawyer's line about "the guy with the eye liner".  icon_lol He also had another line that made me LOL when he said something like "Thanks a lot Plato!" in reference to the time jumping.

Quote from: rittchard on March 05, 2009, 07:42:04 PM

We don't know what Milo and Daniel have been doing, they may leave the island...
We know that Milo is still on the island. He is the one that helped Sawyer with the drunken Horace. Daniel probably left after playing creepy guy with the little girl Charlotte telling her she needs to leave the island causing her to want to come back to the island as an adult causing her to die causing Daniel to try and convince little girl Charlotte to never return to the island causing...

Quote from: mikeg on March 05, 2009, 11:27:06 PM

No telling where it will go, but I know one thing, Sawyer is screwed.  And lucky.  Has been with both Kate and the Doc.  But now that Kate is back that is gonna really get complicated.  My oh my. 
Is there really a choice? I would keep Juliette over dysfunctional/annoying Kate any day.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 06, 2009, 07:56:00 PM

Is there really a choice? I would keep Juliette over dysfunctional/annoying Kate any day.

Yup. No contest.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2009, 09:00:57 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 06, 2009, 09:22:14 PM

Quote from: Moliere on March 06, 2009, 07:56:00 PM

Yup. No contest.

Better boobs too.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »

Yup.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2009, 03:15:47 AM »

Juliette >>>>> Claire >>>>> Kate

nod

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »

I think we can call this the awkward episode. Awkward as in all the characters in 1977 have to walk around like they don't already know each other some of whom have hooked up in the past, I mean future. Anyways, great episode as usual for this season. It seems like Sawyer should have been able to tell the annoying guy to shove it when he came to get Sayeed. Sawyer is the head of Security while this is some lackey at a listening outpost. Is this the first time that Christian as a ghost has interacted with the real world? Usually he just walks around without touching anything. Now he is going as far as taking a picture off the wall and handing it to Sun.

Best line of the episode.
Captain: I thought you said you trusted him?
Sun: I lied.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2009, 10:05:31 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 20, 2009, 07:50:32 PM

I think we can call this the awkward episode. Awkward as in all the characters in 1977 have to walk around like they don't already know each other some of whom have hooked up in the past, I mean future. Anyways, great episode as usual for this season. It seems like Sawyer should have been able to tell the annoying guy to shove it when he came to get Sayeed. Sawyer is the head of Security while this is some lackey at a listening outpost. Is this the first time that Christian as a ghost has interacted with the real world? Usually he just walks around without touching anything. Now he is going as far as taking a picture off the wall and handing it to Sun.

Best line of the episode.
Captain: I thought you said you trusted him?
Sun: I lied.

Totally agree with everything Moliere said.  Lots of awkwardness all around.  I love the look on Kate's (actually more the actress herself) face as they are discussing what the heck to do.  It's like she's thinking, I didn't sign up for this sci-fi BS, how the hell should I know how we get "back to the future"!  Jack looks like he's on drugs, but my guess is he's just playing it cool before going "Jack" on us again next week.  The whole episode was kind of setup and filling in things we'd guessed (like little Ben being there and the plane crash in the future on the second island, where and when were Sayid and Sun, etc), but still filled with some interesting sequences.  I didn't like it as much as the previous 2 eps, but still a good one overall.  Will be interesting to see if they are going to shift to the future or Sun will come back in time to join them. 

The Christian question is good, I believe it's the first time he's seemed so "physical" - though you could argue he interacted with the rocking chair before and has cast creepy shadows.  But still, the first time TWO living characters with no relation to him interact with him as if he's a normal person.  Very intriguing.  Definitely changes the nature of the more hallucigenic kind of presence he has always had in the past with Ben, Locke and Hurley.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »

And speaking of Locke...his absence was conspicuous last night.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 20, 2009, 10:19:24 PM

Great observation!

I forgot to mention how much I loved the exchange between Sawyer and Jack at the end. First more awkwardness about Juliette being with Sawyer and then Sawyer putting Jack in his place first as a Workman  icon_twisted and then talking about the importance of thinking. You could see Jack was plain confused with the concept. As Sawyer mentioned, Jack couldn't sit still and think. He was so agitated looking for something to do.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 20, 2009, 11:21:39 PM

I forgot to mention how much I loved the exchange between Sawyer and Jack at the end. First more awkwardness about Juliette being with Sawyer and then Sawyer putting Jack in his place first as a Workman  icon_twisted

I can see why people take it as a jab at Jack but I'm not so sure- Juliet is a doctor as well but she's relegated to the motor pool.  Seems to me that he gave them jobs with the least amount of potential questions- the Darma guys would probably be aware if a new doctor was showing up while a Janitor, Motor Pool Worker, or Chef are a bit easier to be more under the radar.

Seemed more like another example of Sawyer "thinking" to me. 
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2009, 02:55:24 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 21, 2009, 12:33:25 AM

I forgot to mention how much I loved the exchange between Sawyer and Jack at the end. First more awkwardness about Juliette being with Sawyer and then Sawyer putting Jack in his place first as a Workman  icon_twisted

I can see why people take it as a jab at Jack but I'm not so sure- Juliet is a doctor as well but she's relegated to the motor pool.  Seems to me that he gave them jobs with the least amount of potential questions- the Darma guys would probably be aware if a new doctor was showing up while a Janitor, Motor Pool Worker, or Chef are a bit easier to be more under the radar.

Seemed more like another example of Sawyer "thinking" to me. 

i thought the same thing...they got jobs that would raise too much suspicion.  making jack a janitor may seem like an insult on the surface, but it's also a job that could give him access to a lot of areas that might otherwise be off limits...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2009, 03:40:27 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 20, 2009, 10:19:24 PM

Great observation!

I forgot to mention how much I loved the exchange between Sawyer and Jack at the end. First more awkwardness about Juliette being with Sawyer and then Sawyer putting Jack in his place first as a Workman  icon_twisted and then talking about the importance of thinking. You could see Jack was plain confused with the concept. As Sawyer mentioned, Jack couldn't sit still and think. He was so agitated looking for something to do.

It's a nice character transformation. Sawyer was introduced as the bad-boy action antihero, and here we glimpse the opposite. He starts out paired with Kate, the bad-girl action antihero, and now he's with Juliette, the calm organized intelligent one with the hooters. Meanwhile, Jack is...uh...Lost.

Right now I'm mostly interested in how they're going to reunite the parties that are separated in time. Why do I think young Ben will be instrumental somehow?

Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »

I think someones gonna turn the underground wheel again. Unless the scientist Daniel, who was seen working in the Dharma mines (in the 70's) can figure out another way.

Dave
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »

Quote from: Davidbld on March 23, 2009, 12:53:03 AM

I think someones gonna turn the underground wheel again. Unless the scientist Daniel, who was seen working in the Dharma mines (in the 70's) can figure out another way.

Dave

There was an offhand comment made during the episode that Daniel wasn't there anymore. Did I miss something or did they really just throw that in there to be mysterious?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 23, 2009, 05:52:24 PM

Dave

There was an offhand comment made during the episode that Daniel wasn't there anymore. Did I miss something or did they really just throw that in there to be mysterious?

There to be mysterious- I'm sure we'll be finding out what Daniel has been up soon. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2009, 08:40:08 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 23, 2009, 08:22:56 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 23, 2009, 05:52:24 PM

Dave

There to be mysterious- I'm sure we'll be finding out what Daniel has been up soon. 

/agreed.  My original thought was he might have took a sub off the island to go work with his mom or something, but that might be awkward.  They still haven't explained that opening sequence mentioned above and when it occured, maybe that has to do with where/when he is now.  And I'm not 100% convinced he won't find some way to save the redhead girl, even after his declarations that you can't change what's already happened. 
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2009, 02:26:24 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
That was...unexpected.  eek

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2009, 02:34:27 AM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on March 26, 2009, 02:26:24 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yet somehow as inevitable as the tide, given the two characters. It all goes back to the "Can the past be changed? question. We didn't see Sayid check for a pulse or anything, so Ben could still be alive. I love this season, even if it makes my head spin.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2009, 03:01:38 AM »

Quote from: Malificent on March 26, 2009, 02:34:27 AM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on March 26, 2009, 02:26:24 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yet somehow as inevitable as the tide, given the two characters. It all goes back to the "Can the past be changed? question. We didn't see Sayid check for a pulse or anything, so Ben could still be alive. I love this season, even if it makes my head spin.
I thought it was the *future* that couldn't be changed? So confused. slywink

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2009, 03:26:03 AM »

Quote from: Malificent on March 26, 2009, 02:34:27 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
We didn't see Sayid check for a pulse or anything, so Ben could still be alive.

That was my second reaction. My first was "Holy crap! How does this not change everything?"

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if this series will end as one big time-loop paradox?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2009, 05:07:24 PM »

Methinks we might soon see evidence of some of the Island's more extreme regenerative properties.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 26, 2009, 05:07:24 PM

Methinks we might soon see evidence of some of the Island's more extreme regenerative properties.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yep. It seemed out of Sayid's character to not head shoot Ben when he was down.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

Kind of a boring and surprisingly predictable episode for me this week, one of the bigger disappoints of the season thus far...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Any time any one in Lost has been shot and not checked upon to be 100% sure they are dead (or buried alive), they generally survive the experience (see Locke, Patch, the helicopter chick, etc).  Daniel's rule is you can't change what has already happened, so likely in the meta-story the shooting has to happen in order to turn Ben into "Ben". 

Though I'd love to see a Back to the Future-ish plot where they are revising history, I don't think Lost will go this route so Lil Ben should be back soon enough.  Likely he will regenerate or Jack will operate and save him, or the bullet hit some medallion he was wearing lol.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2009, 12:11:29 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 26, 2009, 05:32:37 PM

Kind of a boring and surprisingly predictable episode for me this week, one of the bigger disappoints of the season thus far...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Any time any one in Lost has been shot and not checked upon to be 100% sure they are dead (or buried alive), they generally survive the experience (see Locke, Patch, the helicopter chick, etc).  Daniel's rule is you can't change what has already happened, so likely in the meta-story the shooting has to happen in order to turn Ben into "Ben". 

Though I'd love to see a Back to the Future-ish plot where they are revising history, I don't think Lost will go this route so Lil Ben should be back soon enough.  Likely he will regenerate or Jack will operate and save him, or the bullet hit some medallion he was wearing lol.

I was thinking a thick paperback book.  More in character.  Also thought that was very out of character for Sayed.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2009, 01:18:19 AM »

While I don't think he changed anything, I think that
Spoiler for Hiden:
  this makes Sayid, in addition to Ben's father, responsible for the monster that Ben turned into.  I can only imagine what kind of psychological damage such an extreme betrayal would do to a child.

Another great episode.  I like it when shows play around with loyalties- after the past several episodes I found it easy to side with Sawyer and wishing for Sayid to play along. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2009, 02:44:44 AM »

on the final event in last weeks episode:

Spoiler for Hiden:
actually, Ben made sure Jin had a pistol loaded with blanks and then planted a squib on himself to fake getting shot  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »

Very nice comeback from last week's kind of predictable episode, and nice build up to next week's Ben-centric episode, which looks like it's going to be a really good one.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've always liked the actress who plays Kate, and this week was a really good one for her.  Aside from just exploring her motivations, it gave her a lot of welcome character moments and revelations that she (the character) may not have been aware of, such as the caring for Aaron as a replacement for heartbreak from Sawyer.  Some of it was a bit forced, but all in all I really liked her performance. 

While I predicted the gist of what would happen correctly (Ben survives and is transforned into "Ben" due to the shooting), I was caught off guard by Richard's taking him to the Temple of Doom to be healed.  Cool stuff.

Similarly with Kate, it was clear her motivation to return to the island was Aaron-related, but I love how they spun it a bit and made it because she loves the kid so much she's back to find his real mother.  Well played.  I had presumed he was taken and returned to the grandmother leaving her despondent or something like that.  This played out stronger emotionally than my guess.

Jack was pretty irritating, though he gets bonus points for his bitchy "you didn't like the old me" comment to Kate and for his shower sequence.   Yum.  On a side note does no one but me care that he shaved off all his chest hair and no one seems to notice?!?!  It was kind of weird when he suddenly appeared smooth last year (on the island still) where it made no sense (unless Juliette shaved him for his surgery).  Bring back the chest hair now!!!

I don't know if I liked or disliked Hurley's question after question, seeing as it was an obvious plot device to ask EXACTLY all the questions the fans have been asking.  A little too in your face, I think, but I was happy that the questions were asked, which seems to imply they will be answered.

Can't wait for next week!!!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2009, 03:53:35 AM »

i wanna know about that statue

you saw it in season 1 when Sayid and co,tried to sail round the island....the statue in question was very big,and only had 4 toes(on each foot)...in this season(5)you saw the back of it when they were in the jungle(i think Jin and a young Danielle running from the smoke monster),i actually thought i was going to find out about it,but seems not to be
i have been waiting since season 1 to find out

Spoiler for Hiden:
we all knew they were all gonna go to the past,same as we know that Locke will turn up in the past..because he knew the way to beat the chess computer in season 4,because he was the one who put the chess password there in the first place,just didnt know it

i am wondering when Charlie will appear so he can program the Beach Boys tune into the underwater station thing,that ultimately killed him...we all know the island has healing properties,like Christian(Jacks dad)..and eventually John

how many episodes are in this season?,as there was only 14 i think last season(3 episodes for the finale)..was that due to the writers strike or the fact that they were getting complaints about stretching the story out?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2009, 04:16:12 AM »

loved the time travel conversation between Hurley and Miles this week icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2009, 05:53:21 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 03, 2009, 03:53:35 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
we all knew they were all gonna go to the past,same as we know that Locke will turn up in the past..because he knew the way to beat the chess computer in season 4,because he was the one who put the chess password there in the first place,just didnt know it

i am wondering when Charlie will appear so he can program the Beach Boys tune into the underwater station thing,that ultimately killed him...we all know the island has healing properties,like Christian(Jacks dad)..and eventually John

Uh, I think you're a bit confused about how time travel works in the show, in the same way Hurley is. Don't think too much about it; the Losties have just traveled back in time (which means there are now two versions of some of them in that era, the young and the older). They aren't going to eventually repeat their actions from the first seasons again.

If that's even what you meant. If it isn't, your statement makes even less sense. Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 03, 2009, 05:53:21 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 03, 2009, 03:53:35 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Uh, I think you're a bit confused about how time travel works in the show, in the same way Hurley is. Don't think too much about it; the Losties have just traveled back in time (which means there are now two versions of some of them in that era, the young and the older). They aren't going to eventually repeat their actions from the first seasons again.

If that's even what you meant. If it isn't, your statement makes even less sense. Tongue

Spoiler for Hiden:
i am not saying they will repeat it,i am saying they will set themselves up for their actions in past episodes,they are mainly all working for Dharma now...so why do you think Locke knew the combination to the chess puzzle in the dharma station no one else could crack,and how Charlie knew the code to the underwater dharma station...we know Locke is gonna come back,not sure about Charlie though
EDIT:hmm,Hurleys had a lot of 'visions' of people hasnt he,and Charlie has already been one of his visions,maybe the Vision Charlie will be able to program it,or tell Hurley how to Program it...this is all just a theory,LOL

and Hurley saying dont think too much about it is exactly what Basil said to Austin Powers when he was about to go back in time...and that goes for you at home too icon_biggrin

i just found out that seasons 5 and 6 will both have 17 episodes
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:58:02 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 03, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
i am not saying they will repeat it,i am saying they will set themselves up for their actions in past episodes,they are mainly all working for Dharma now...so why do you think Locke knew the combination to the chess puzzle in the dharma station no one else could crack,and how Charlie knew the code to the underwater dharma station...we know Locke is gonna come back,not sure about Charlie though

and Hurley saying dont think too much about it is exactly what Basil said to Austin Powers when he was about to go back in time...and that goes for you at home too icon_biggrin

I don't see the point in putting this discussion in spoiler tags, but I'll keep yours hidden.

I'm not so certain that Locke will come back. In fact, I can't see why he'd need or want to. I'd rather expect the Losties stuck in the 70s to return to the present. From a purely cinematic perspective, it also wouldn't be very exciting to see any of them create the passwords they would later break, so I can't imagine they're planning to show it.

And Charlie is definitely dead.

If you insist that the passwords were rigged for these specific characters, it might make more sense for Ben to have added passwords that would be easy to crack for the right people, since he would want them to do so in order to go back in time and meet him. It's all just idle speculation though, and I doubt the show is going to bother doing this as it's too "mundane" and the idea of manipulating their future selves has already been explored thoroughly with Ben.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »

yeah sorry about the spoilers,everyone else was doing it,so i thought 'just to be on the safe side'

do you not think Locke will come back? at all?...for me he is the star of the show

i just think its wierd that Locke cracks the chess code,we know from the first epsiode he played chess and backgammon(and he loves that kind of thing,you know strategy battles ect)...and charlie breaking the code that was only for a musician...maybe Ben had something to do with it like you say,as if he knew what was to come somehow(or in the future/present his past memories were there)...sure other people can have these skills,but thats what it is with Lost,Charlie is the musician,Jack is the doctor...its the same with no one having the same name,it personalises them

and no ones dead are they?..no ones ever dead,LOL....look at Christian(Jacks dad)he was walking around out of his coffin in the first season..they could bring back half the cast and still get away with it

yeah i agree Charlie is dead,but Hurley still had a vision of him at the beginning of season 4 at the mental institute(Charlie died at the end of season 3)..yet we know how powerful, Hurleys visions are/can be...Look at Anne Marie coming back as a cop this season to give him some advice when he was on the run,LOL

i would still like to know the deal with Richard,why he doesnt age...who reckons he's a vampire?,LOL
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 03:34:47 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2009, 04:10:19 PM »

Here's a complete WAG: In the series finale, the Losties will somehow cause the plane crash that started the series. The entire story will be a closed circle with the end leading to the beginning.

That's how I'd write it, anyway.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on April 03, 2009, 04:10:19 PM

Here's a complete WAG: In the series finale, the Losties will somehow cause the plane crash that started the series. The entire story will be a closed circle with the end leading to the beginning.
Except we already know that Desmond caused the plane crash.

I was wondering about Kate insisting that Claire is alive. I thought she was dead and hanging with spirit dad.

Great ending scene between Locke and Ben. The look on Ben's face said "I am fucked!".

Wasn't Charlie given the code to the Underwater place? He didn't come up with the Beach Boy's melody on his own.

I liked the time travel discussion between Miles and Hurley, just to see Miles get stumped after insulting Hurley over and over.

So Jack trying to change the future by not saving Ben actually caused Ben to turn into who he is by having him infected by the smoke monster.

Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on April 03, 2009, 07:08:14 PM

So Jack trying to change the future by not saving Ben actually caused Ben to turn into who he is by having him infected by the smoke monster.

I'm not sure Jack was trying to change the future - I think he's just decided that things are going to happen because the island wants them to happen, so there isn't much point in trying to impact things. The role reversal between Jack and Locke is one of my favorite parts about the series so far.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2009, 03:23:07 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on April 03, 2009, 04:10:19 PM

I believe it's been established that Desmond caused the plane crash that started the series when he decided to stop pressing the button, but chickened out when the time flipped over to a string of symbols.  Locke retrieved a daisy-chain printout from the "Pearl" station that logged the results of Desmond's activity, and the crash of the Oceanic flight corresponded exactly to Desmond's dereliction of duty.

-Autistic Angel
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: