http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 03:30:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost is..eh, Lost?  (Read 607 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »

I could have *sworn* I made a topic in here called "[Lost] does it get better", but search function doesnt give me anything like that...kinda strange - I guess its true to its title

Anyways - I 'm getting season 5 today, and just wanted to hear what people says about season 6 now? I'm a bit hyped for season 5, since I have been told in the LOST(lost) thread that its the season where all is explained, so - should be good!

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »

Season 6(and the last season) starts in February

i thought season 5 was a good season,but then again i have loved the show since the start....but,er...no,not that i can recall,not everything gets answered...in fact more questions etc etc

i will have to start buying the DVD box sets(i have the first)..watching them from season 1 -6 would prolly be better than the way everyone else has been watching it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:19:54 PM »

it'll make sense.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:03:26 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 18, 2009, 03:19:54 PM

awesome - thanks Ceekay, I knew you could find it!

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 18, 2009, 03:17:42 PM

Season 6(and the last season) starts in February

i thought season 5 was a good season,but then again i have loved the show since the start....but,er...no,not that i can recall,not everything gets answered...in fact more questions etc etc

i will have to start buying the DVD box sets(i have the first)..watching them from season 1 -6 would prolly be better than the way everyone else has been watching it

ah, I thought it had already begun. And I agree completely about the seeing them all in one go - although, you do tend to spot the direction changes the writers take a bit easier when you see it all together

A new one
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

Gave up after season 3. Waiting till the 2nd half of the last season to start back and see if they explain anything. then again I may be lost by then and not bother.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on November 18, 2009, 05:34:00 PM

Gave up after season 3. Waiting till the 2nd half of the last season to start back and see if they explain anything. then again I may be lost by then and not bother.

It's about the journey, not the final explanation.  icon_wink

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 18, 2009, 02:54:35 PM

I could have *sworn* I made a topic in here called "[Lost] does it get better", but search function doesnt give me anything like that...kinda strange - I guess its true to its title

Anyways - I 'm getting season 5 today, and just wanted to hear what people says about season 6 now? I'm a bit hyped for season 5, since I have been told in the LOST(lost) thread that its the season where all is explained, so - should be good!

Season 6 was really excellent, particularly for sci-fi fans.  They pretty much go full bore into the sci-fi-ish realm with no apologies or skirting around.  I've heard that this will change in Season 7, which is supposed to be more character driven and similar to Season 1.  Not sure how/why that will be, but given the climax of Season 6, I suppose it's completely up in the air what direction they could go. 

I don't think it's a spoiler to say that there have been quite a few announced guest appearances by formally "dead" characters, so it should be a pretty fun and nostalgic season one way or another.  Also the Season 6 poster (which is conveniently my work desktop wallpaper) shows pretty much every main character that's been on the show, except for Walt.  Everyone is facing forward, except for Locke, who is facing backward with his head turned forward.  Does that mean anything?  Who knows!
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 18, 2009, 05:37:19 PM

Quote from: Daehawk on November 18, 2009, 05:34:00 PM

It's about the journey, not the final explanation.  icon_wink
+1

I almost gave up on it at one point, too. Soooo glad I didn't.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 18, 2009, 02:54:35 PM

Season 5 doesn't explain everything, but as it ends you should have a general outline of what's going on, even if you don't know the specifics. Season 6 is the final one and isn't out yet, but starts in February. That one will explain everything, to a certain degree. Some things will probably never be fully explained, such as the Numbers.

Still, keep in mind that Lost is a show that is built to be analyzed in-depth. You will miss a lot of important stuff, so feel free to ask here if something confuses you. Generally speaking, if you end up feeling that something feels very supernatural, you've probably missed a detail or link somewhere.

Personally, I think season 4 is the best one, but season 5 is still very very good. And yes, as rittchard said, though he used the wrong season numbers, the show drops its facade and goes head first into sci-fi territory here.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »

supernatural? Like, oh I dont know time travel? :-D

anyways, saw the first 3 tonight - rather good to be back on the island and seeing them all again :-) But thanks, I will ask if I need to be clear on anything. In this, or the other thread I lost ;-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 05:43:36 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 18, 2009, 06:44:25 PM

Also the Season 6 poster (which is conveniently my work desktop wallpaper) shows pretty much every main character that's been on the show, except for Walt.  Everyone is facing forward, except for Locke, who is facing backward with his head turned forward.  Does that mean anything?  Who knows!

Spoiler for Hiden:
as in Paul is Dead?....the end of Season 5 saw Locke's Dead body(when er,Locke was outside)

maybe Locke died in a car Plane Crash and was replaced with someone else who was a look a like and a sound a like icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »

Well I just started Season 2 and I was going to make a similar thread about whether or not Lost ever jumps the shark, however I just watched the episode with Kate crawling around in a vent with a low neck shirt so I'm just going to assumed that that's where the series peaked right there.  (unless of course there are some more vent episodes coming up) biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: