http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 06:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost finale is tonight!  (Read 3272 times)
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »

Can't wait. Here's an excerpt from one of the previews (I don't think this is a spoiler at all but I'll tag it just in case).

Spoiler for Hiden:
"Hence, the margin of storyline safety that has allowed them, this season, to flash forward as well as back and, as they are apparently planning to do tonight, flash to somewhere in the middle and possibly even reinterpret what we have thought of till now as "now" to actually have all along been "then."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »

it's been a pretty good season so far, the part that is going to suck is having to wait until next February for the next season.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 29, 2008, 02:34:08 PM

it's been a pretty good season so far, the part that is going to suck is having to wait until next February for the next season.

Same here. I caught up with the last three episodes online during Memorial Day weekend and can't wait for the season finale tonight. This series got its groove back and the wait 'til February 09 will be a tad exasperating.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »

looks like Locke is setting up to be the big head guy next season. unless he totally fs up and gets killed off smile

Personally I love my world and the internet, but if I was trapped on a tropical island that healed me up and provided whatever i needed...whatever I needed.....Id not mind staying there a bit.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »

Big bada boom?!

BSG is tomorrow too, should be a good couple of nights.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 29, 2008, 08:12:45 PM

looks like Locke is setting up to be the big head guy next season. unless he totally fs up and gets killed off smile

Personally I love my world and the internet, but if I was trapped on a tropical island that healed me up and provided whatever i needed...whatever I needed.....Id not mind staying there a bit.

I very much liked the episode that showed how Locke was 'pre-destined' to end on the island.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm just wondering how the hell are they going to 'move' the island
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »

Can't wait.  icon_biggrin

But then again, I hate waiting for next season to start.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 08:19:18 PM »

Definitely putting a final number on the shows and a date certain to end has brought Lost back as pretty much being a total ownage show.

I have to say, if Desmond is dead er dies rather, I will be pissed tho.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 29, 2008, 08:12:45 PM

Kate's desire to leave is the least believable of all. She's a fugitive with no family or prospects back in the big wide world. But then, she's turned into a pretty inconsistent character in many ways.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Well it seems that the main narrative has caught up to the flash forwards. I wonder what they will do next season in terms of flashing back/forward. Not sure how keen I am on the idea of having everyone go back. I just spent four years invested on them getting off, do I really want to watch a similar story all over again? Still, I liked the episode, it answered a bunch of questions and moved things forward. It'll be a long wait until February.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 03:29:24 AM »

No spoiler tags needed now that the episode is over. 

Good stuff, but bizarre, too.  I think this show will require a re-watching once it's all finished and we can keep stuff straight to determine if it's good or just bizarre enough to keep us coming back.  smile
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 04:28:17 AM »

i totally called Locke being in the casket on the season 3 finale.  i guess were gonna have to wait to see how get got off the island. 

it was pretty lame the way they made sawyer not one of the surviving six.  they must have justified it by him sacrificing himself to save everyone else....but why did he try to leave the island in the first place?  he said he had nothing to go back (to the US) for.  must watch it again.

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 04:59:20 AM »

While I didn't think this finale was quite as good as last year's, there were still plenty of great moments - Sawyer's sacrifice, Ben's "So?", the freighter exploding and Sun's gut-wrenching screams, Desmond and Penny's reunion, and the disappearance of the island were all amazing.  Even in a TV show, seeing an entire island disappear is quite a sight.  The only disappointing thing was that it was all pretty predictable.  It was a bit of a letdown when they built to showing off who was in the coffin, even though it was really obvious who it was, especially for anyone who read about the text of the newspaper clipping from last year's finale.  It did bring up some very intriguing questions, though - Why did the island let Locke die?  What are the really bad things that happen on the island?  If they take him back, will the island resurrect him?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:03:34 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 06:40:42 AM »

Really liked this seasons ending. Answered some questions and set up next season nicely. Guess I'm a moron cause I didnt think Locke was in the coffin, he was so rabid about NOT leaving and I didnt read the obituary clipping at the start of the season (guess I'm not that much of a fanboy). Its mentioned that some "bad" stuff happens after the 6 leave so I'm guessing they'll show that and how the 6 return next. Can't wait till febuary...oh, and LOST RULES.

Dave
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 02:50:40 PM »

I TiVo'ed and watched the season finale late last night. I thought it was a good, strong finale, and I only have a couple of minor misgivings about it. I'll list the bad and the good in spoiler tags below:

Spoiler for Hiden:

the bad: Keamy apparently was like a cat and used up all of his nine lives. For starters, the smoke monster should have killed him and his entire team a few episodes back. Last night, Richard put a couple of bullets into him from behind. And then he came back for more?! Surely the others under Ben's command would have the sense to pump a couple more bullets into him when he was down. I also didn't care much for the whole helicopther scramble situation--Can you actually refuel a helicopter that fast?

the good: Pretty much everything else. The way they continued that scene right after last year's season finale. Ben moving the island (that was great!)... but yet not caring about blowing up everyone on the boat. The disastrous explosion of the boat. Sawyer jumping off the helicopter. Locke taking over The Others. Desmond reuniting with Penny.. and the final reveal that Locke dies in the near future.

Overall, I liked the finale. They covered a lot of bases, set up a couple of new mysteries, and gave me a satisfactory feeling that will hold me over until next February. 
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »

I've enjoyed this season a great deal and I liked the finale as well. This season has been more focused and swifter than any of the earlier seasons. The previous season, in particular, had been a little tedious as "stuff" kept happening - stuff that I didn't think the writers could or intended to account for. After awhile, odd mysteries become material for YouTube parodies and not intriguing "what does that mean?" thought-provoking incidents. I like that you can enjoy Lost as a sci-fi story or as a sort of modern Canterbury Tales where the character's pilgrimage stories explore faith, love, revenge, and salvation - but, ultimately, I do want answers, even not-so-good ones.

Plus I want to find out more about the time travelling bunnies.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 04:01:49 PM by JohnathanStrange » Logged

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »

OK, a couple things that are bugging me:

1. During the press conference, someone brings up the fact that Aaron being Kate's son makes no sense. They just let that go?

2. Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I recall the description of the crash that Jack gave during Kate's trial didn't match the description of the crash given at the press conference.  I thought that Jack said that Kate was pulling people from the burning wreckage, where the new story was that they were under water and got out through and emergency door.  Again, I could be remembering wrong.

Also, Jack said that 8 people made it out of the plane.  Who were the other two and what happened to them?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 30, 2008, 04:11:04 PM

OK, a couple things that are bugging me:

1. During the press conference, someone brings up the fact that Aaron being Kate's son makes no sense. They just let that go?

2. Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I recall the description of the crash that Jack gave during Kate's trial didn't match the description of the crash given at the press conference.  I thought that Jack said that Kate was pulling people from the burning wreckage, where the new story was that they were under water and got out through and emergency door.  Again, I could be remembering wrong.

Also, Jack said that 8 people made it out of the plane.  Who were the other two and what happened to them?

i agree.  kinda of strange they left those little loopholes in there.

maybe by 8 they meant desmond and the helicopter pilot?  or maybe they ate them like in the movie alive   nod

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »

I remember jack does tell the media who the two who make it out of the plane but dont survive. I think one of them is Charlie but I cant remember who the other one was, it might have been Boone but not sure.

Dave
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 04:43:57 PM »

If I record a show, I'm tempted to say "Well, I can watch it anytime" which means sometimes weeks/months/never.

So I watched Lost live in order to force myself to pay attention.

But now, I want to watch it again.

C'est la t.v.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 05:15:43 PM »

I think every episode of Lost should have that pop-up trivia thing going on, even new ones! smile

Stuff like: "This is Ben, the leader of the Others.  Right now as he's talking he's either lying or telling only part of the truth"
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »

Quote from: Davidbld on May 30, 2008, 04:33:36 PM

I remember jack does tell the media who the two who make it out of the plane but dont survive. I think one of them is Charlie but I cant remember who the other one was, it might have been Boone but not sure.

Dave

They added this in as extra footage last night in the 8pm re-show.  It was Boone, Charlie and Libby and they had different stories for how each of them died.  (They need 3 to make the total 8 because the baby would not have been born yet.)  Why they chose these 3 or even went to the trouble with this was not explained, but presumably to make the overall story more plausible.

More thoughts on the finale coming later, I'm still digesting it a bit smile
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

Dont kill Locke damnit!!! The stepfather must live!!

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on May 30, 2008, 04:43:57 PM

If I record a show, I'm tempted to say "Well, I can watch it anytime" which means sometimes weeks/months/never.

C'est la t.v.

You can watch them online anytime you like.

Ben has the best lines recently. I love how condescending he is towards John:

"Is this the magic box?"
"No, John, its not."
"What is all this stuff for?"
"Same things that all the Dharma Stations are for, silly experiments."
"What kind of experiments?"
"You know what John, why don't you watch this very informative video that will answer some of your questions. I'll take care of some business."

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 09:29:27 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on May 30, 2008, 04:59:20 AM

While I didn't think this finale was quite as good as last year's, there were still plenty of great moments - Sawyer's sacrifice, Ben's "So?", the freighter exploding and Sun's gut-wrenching screams, Desmond and Penny's reunion, and the disappearance of the island were all amazing.  Even in a TV show, seeing an entire island disappear is quite a sight.  The only disappointing thing was that it was all pretty predictable.  It was a bit of a letdown when they built to showing off who was in the coffin, even though it was really obvious who it was, especially for anyone who read about the text of the newspaper clipping from last year's finale.  It did bring up some very intriguing questions, though - Why did the island let Locke die?  What are the really bad things that happen on the island?  If they take him back, will the island resurrect him?

Have to agree with most everything here, particularly the list of great moments.  I loved how the episode starts off fresh from the finale of last season and you see Kate's car stop, she comes back and slaps Jack.  After an entire year of hearing myself (and Jack) whine "we have to go back!" it was a cool little moment.  Also liked the "rule" that moving the island means you can't go back, and how that impacted Ben (great performance again all around); some friends are surmising that Widmore, like Ben, had moved the island previously and also can't go back. 

I think I actually enjoyed this finale more than last year's.  While I could nitpick little things (like why didn't any of the redshirt extras try to get onto the helicopter and how did that super RF transmitter work so well miles away, deep underground and through a steel ship), and perhaps it didn't have that jaw-dropping type of finale moment, the individual scenes felt more momentous during the actual episode.  Throughout the evening I just kept commenting to myself "damn that's some good TV" -as engrossing (if not more so) than most of the movies I've seen in a long while. 

I actually didn't know it was Locke in the coffin, I kept thinking it would be Ben.  So that was a nice little surprise for me, and I liked the final Ben and Jack discussion, and the implication that Locke had already convinced Kate(maybe?) and Sayid to go back.  That would only leave Sun as the loose cannon, but maybe they coluld draw her back if they say Jin might still be alive.  Speaking of which, anyone have thoughts on that?  This was pretty much what I'd expected, that it would appear he most likely dies, but you don't actually see it so there's always the chance he jumped off the boat and gets rescued by the guys on the raft, or was teleported off with the island.

Great show, it's gonna be a long wait for it to come back!
The island vanishing, wow.  I just didn't think they'd go quite that far, but there you go.  Even in full sci-fi shows like Stargate Atlantis you don't just see an island go poof without an explanation.   Will be very interesting to see where they take this.  Clearly they are introducing some truly ancient powers and/or technology (the hieroglyphics in the teleport station).  Almost seems like they are going the alien technology route, but who knows...
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05:20 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 30, 2008, 09:29:27 PM

maybe they coluld draw her back if they say Jin might still be alive.  Speaking of which, anyone have thoughts on that?  This was pretty much what I'd expected, that it would appear he most likely dies, but you don't actually see it so there's always the chance he jumped off the boat and gets rescued by the guys on the raft, or was teleported off with the island.

That's what I'm thinking. Nobody is dead on this show even if their headless corpse is being eaten by wild rabbits.

Almost seems like they are going the alien technology route, but who knows...

Dr. Henry Jones knows.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on May 30, 2008, 10:05:20 PM

maybe they coluld draw her back if they say Jin might still be alive.  Speaking of which, anyone have thoughts on that?  This was pretty much what I'd expected, that it would appear he most likely dies, but you don't actually see it so there's always the chance he jumped off the boat and gets rescued by the guys on the raft, or was teleported off with the island.

That's what I'm thinking. Nobody is dead on this show even if their headless corpse is being eaten by wild rabbits.

Almost seems like they are going the alien technology route, but who knows...

Dr. Henry Jones knows.

Dr. Henry Jones Jr.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 02:22:57 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on May 30, 2008, 08:18:20 PM

Ben has the best lines recently. I love how condescending he is towards John:

Their interplay is great, which is why I'm bummed that we'll never see them interact again, unless the island does in fact resurrect Locke.  I love how Locke acts smug and condescending to Jack, and then turns into a frightened child trying to act tough in front of Ben.  There was an exchange a few weeks back where John tells Ben "I'm not you" after Ben accuses him of manipulating Hurley, and Ben responds "You're certainly not."  I absolutely loved that.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 03:25:45 AM »

Lots of answers, lots of questions, and a sense that the writers are firmly in control. I don't think I've ever wished a summer away for February, but this show keeps drawing me farther down the rabbit hole.

Now we know why Kate is so protective of Aaron against Jack.

JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 03:59:14 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on May 30, 2008, 08:18:20 PM

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on May 30, 2008, 04:43:57 PM

C'est la t.v.

You can watch them online anytime you like.
Oh no! I can watch them anytime? Which means NEVER to me 'cause I can always watch them tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 02:38:47 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2008, 02:50:40 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

the bad: Keamy apparently was like a cat and used up all of his nine lives. For starters, the smoke monster should have killed him and his entire team a few episodes back. Last night, Richard put a couple of bullets into him from behind. And then he came back for more?! Surely the others under Ben's command would have the sense to pump a couple more bullets into him when he was down.

yeah, that whole part had me almost yelling at the TV 'Don't you guys ever watch horror movies?'

All in all I enjoyed it.  Did anyone catch the 2 alternate endings they shot that they aired on whatever they call their morning news show?

one other question:  have we actually seen Suns baby yet?  after the finale I was getting the vibe that Michaels is the father, not Jin.

Because I can,
Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »

have we actually seen Suns baby yet?  after the finale I was getting the vibe that Michaels is the father, not Jin.

When Juleit was performing tests on Suns unborn baby she told her it was definetly Jins...I dont think she lied and I dont think Sun had any kind of close relationship with Michael. Also on the episode when Sun has her baby there doesnt seem to be any confusion on who the father was (though I cant remember if we actually saw the baby).

Dave
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:09:17 AM by Davidbld » Logged
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »

Quote from: Davidbld on June 01, 2008, 03:54:04 PM

have we actually seen Suns baby yet?  after the finale I was getting the vibe that Michaels is the father, not Jin.

When Juleit was performing tests on Suns unborn baby she told her it was definetly Jins...I dont think she lied and I dont think Sun had any kind of close relationship with Michael. Also on the episode when Sun has her baby there doesnt seem to be any conusion on who the father was (though I cant remember if we actually saw the baby).

Dave

i have to disagree.  i think a lot of times the others tell the survivors things that they want to hear, not the truth.  that pause when Sun told Michael that she was pregnant must have meant something.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 01:06:34 AM »

Quote from: WalkingFumble on June 01, 2008, 06:00:33 PM

Quote from: Davidbld on June 01, 2008, 03:54:04 PM

When Juleit was performing tests on Suns unborn baby she told her it was definetly Jins...I dont think she lied and I dont think Sun had any kind of close relationship with Michael. Also on the episode when Sun has her baby there doesnt seem to be any conusion on who the father was (though I cant remember if we actually saw the baby).

Dave

i have to disagree.  i think a lot of times the others tell the survivors things that they want to hear, not the truth.  that pause when Sun told Michael that she was pregnant must have meant something.

Juliet identified Jin as the father based on the time of conception, not DNA, so she only knew the baby was conceived on the island.  With Jin and Michael both gone, though, I don't see any reason to start a paternity storyline.  As for Sun's pause, I think she was just uncertain of how to talk to someone who was once a friend, but is now a traitor and a murderer.

A few other random thoughts - Is Claire dead or somehow under the control of Jacob?  Will Walt also have to return to the island?  What did the conversation between Miles and Charlotte about her returning to the island mean?  I have a feeling the 3 remaining freighter people are going to have more prominent storylines next year, since they're the only other main characters left on the island other than Juliet, Sawyer, and Locke.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 01:22:59 AM »

A few other random thoughts - Is Claire dead or somehow under the control of Jacob?

Claire is very much dead. She appeared in the cabin to John, along with her (and Jack's) dead father. She also appeared to Kate in a dream, urging Kate not to take Aaron back to the island.

I thought the season finale was spectacular. Honestly, one of the best TV episodes I've seen in a long time. It was deeply satisfying, with some huge payoffs that viewers have been waiting for for a long time. There were some deeply human moments, and I was moved. When Sawyer whispered to Kate, kissed her, then lept from the chopper, Sun's agony when Jin died ..

I really think this show has potential to go down as one of the all time greats. The story line is truly epic, and I don't know that I've ever seen character development so incredibly deep and well done in any TV series. Think about how much we know about each of the main players.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 01:34:27 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on June 02, 2008, 01:06:34 AM

Juliet identified Jin as the father based on the time of conception, not DNA, so she only knew the baby was conceived on the island.  With Jin and Michael both gone, though, I don't see any reason to start a paternity storyline.  As for Sun's pause, I think she was just uncertain of how to talk to someone who was once a friend, but is now a traitor and a murderer.

i really can't think of a single time that they even came close to suggesting that something happened between Sun and Michael.  the only other person they ever suggested as the father was that guy teaching her english that she had an affair with back in korea, but proving that she conceived on the island settled that matter in a way that seemed to convince Sun that Jin was the father.

Quote from: EddieA on June 02, 2008, 01:06:34 AM

A few other random thoughts - What did the conversation between Miles and Charlotte about her returning to the island mean?

while it was interesting that Miles suggested she had been on the island before, i think her final line to Faraday was more interesting...telling him that she's staying on the island and has always been trying to return to the place where she was born...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 01:37:22 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
FishPants
Gaming Trend Reader

Ouch

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 01:52:26 AM »

Wow I guess I'm the only one that really didn't like it.. In fact I fell asleep half way through and had to watch the rest later when I was more awake and willing to drool for an hour... I really found it pretty cliche and pathetic..

- Lighten the load? COME ON.. That was just.. poorly written.
- Frozen donkey wheel in tunnel, makes a light come on and poofy the island is moved and safe? Jesus.
- Why did the fuel start leaking out while they were flying around, instead of you know.. right after the gun battle?
- Sawyer jumps out of the helicopter.. SAWYER.. While Hurley sits there staring out the door? They could have flown back to Canada if two tons of fun had made the splash.

I dunno it was predictable, cliche and very lame.  I won't miss it if they cancel it now and never tell us how the frozen glowing donkey wheel makes islands pop to cheesy radio intereference sounds.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 02:41:39 AM »

Let's vote Fishpants off the island.  disgust

The episode did have some weak moments, but all in all they did quite a good job of answering some old questions and raising some new ones, while ratcheting the suspense up another notch. Lots of red meat for the fans there. Turning the farthest-forward flash-forward into the new present, by picking up right where the last season-ender left off, was a masterful bit of plotting.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 02:56:32 AM »

somehow I don't thin Jin and Michael are gone...

Because I can,
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »

The time-shifting of the island is interesting and explains why things like the missile and corpses took different lengths of time to reach the island - every time they "move" it forward in time, it gets further from the RW time line.

I enjoyed the finale and thought there were some great moments.  Locke's corpse in the coffin doesn't necessarily mean he died anytime soon, though.  Thomas appeared to Locke and his Mom when Locke was just a kid and looks the same as he does now, so there are definitely some time shenanigans going on there.  You could seem to live on the island 50 years and then go back to some point and end up dead.  Suicide, my ass, though.

The helicopter flight was great - when Frank says to lighten the load, everyone looks at Hurley (and he's thinking the same thing) but he doesn't have the courage to bail.  It further establishes why he's in the loony bin - dealing with the guilt that he's the reason Sawyer got left behind. 

And Fishpants - do you have to suspend some disbelief to enjoy the show?  Probably.  It's like.. fictional.  You buy into the smoke monster and teleport stations and functional computers and living dead people and invisible cabins and miraculous cures but you don't buy the wheel and helicopter fuel leak?  Mmmmk....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: