http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:28:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST - 12/8/04  (Read 7452 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2004, 07:43:03 PM »

Because I never start these threads first and I'm really looking forward to tonights episode.  Carry on.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 07:44:53 PM »

/vows it will be Eco's last claim to starting the LOST thread of the week.

:twisted:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 07:53:50 PM »

Lost is throwing my gaming into disarray especially since I now have HDTV.

Are we going to see a thread on the next new Lost before this week's episode even airs?  

When will the next new episode be anyhow; I see that they are reshowing the Pilot next week.  Do we wait until January and week two of Alias?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 07:55:08 PM »

God please tell me we don't have to wait till page two now to get impressions.  I thought that horse was fully beaten.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 08:07:25 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
Lost is throwing my gaming into disarray especially since I now have HDTV.

Are we going to see a thread on the next new Lost before this week's episode even airs?  

When will the next new episode be anyhow; I see that they are reshowing the Pilot next week.  Do we wait until January and week two of Alias?

Yup. Tonight is the last new LOST until 2005, so enjoy it while you can. smile

And warning, this wouldn't be an issue if Eco-Logic hadn't jumped the gun and let the LOST sage, Yours Truly, start up the weekly thread tonight. slywink But it's all good considering my home internet is on the fritz until tomorrow when a repair guy comes out. biggrin

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 08:13:07 PM »

I predict tonight's Lost will jump a shark or two, or perhaps will have mutated jumping shark people in league with Delenn.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 08:42:40 PM »

The bigger question is whether we're going to see more of "whatever it is" as a cliffhanger for the new year.  I know we're beyond November, but we can have hope!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 09:11:03 PM »

Don't know about that tonight, but we will see more of "Lives Among Trees" before the end of the year. The way they're doing the first year, only one month will have passed in the lives of the survivors. So it's possible that by the end of year three only three-four months will have passed. Unfortunately, that hurts the theory of them truly segmenting into good vs. evil parties, but there will be a significant Good Vs. Evil struggle in the future.

I'm just anxious to learn more about the island, especially after hearing some of the rumors/hints from Abrahms. smile

Sunderer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 09:42:52 PM »

I have yet to MISS an episode.  However, as I am going out to dinner tonight, and no one is home to record it, I may miss it.  Will it be shown again this weekend?

For the record, I have satellite, but don't get the networks except through cable.  I have a PVR on the dish, and don't record enough off the networks to justify TIVO.

"At this moment, you mean everything."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 09:53:57 PM »

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 10:24:14 PM »

Ok the second picture is way hot.

Not as hot as the Aussie-gal but still hot nonetheless.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 10:59:16 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Ok the second picture is way hot.

Not as hot as the Aussie-gal but still hot nonetheless.

Thats her 2nd from right

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 11:02:16 PM »

Good God I love this show. It's just a shame that I work Wednesday nights and have to resort to more ... questionable means of obtaining each week's ep. I really hope that J.J. has the entire series roughed out, knowing where each season is going to begin and end. I want him to know how many years this is supposed to run, because I don't ever want this show to drag just for the sake of its continuation. If he has a solid four/five/six year arc to the entire series, then I will love him looong time.

Uh, were we talking about tonights ep or something?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 12:13:15 AM »

Based on previews, I just hope for one of two things from tonight's show: A)Sawyer snips off a finger from a weakened Sayid in revenge for being tortured OR B)we learn Sawyer and Sayid have some connection to each other all along that they haven't told anyone else about, thereby excusing Sawyer from getting revenge since Sayid didn't really torture him and just faked it for the Doc's benefit.

If Sawyer did really get tortured and doesn't get equivalent payback on Sayid, that would suck greatly.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 01:08:31 AM »

Well he did get stabbed. And LOST is not on here tonight..its been bumped for Billy Graham..ugh.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 01:26:32 AM »

After seeing Daehawk's picture of the Aussie gal in a bikini I'm rethinking my opinion on Kate's 2nd picture.  It actually looks like she's taking a dump.  Why didn't I see that before?

Tell me it doesn't.
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 01:27:39 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
It's just a shame that I work Wednesday nights and have to resort to more ... questionable means of obtaining each week's ep.

There is this invention created back in the 80's or so called a VCR!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AFRAID TO WATCH TV PROGRAMS AT TIMES OTHER THAN WHEN THE NETWORKS TELL YOU TO!

YOU HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO "COPY" SHOWS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE!

JACK VALENTI IS NO ONE'S MASTER!

This issue makes me rabidly sick.  I apologize.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 01:39:50 AM »

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 02:21:22 AM »

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, show of hands: Who thought they really killed Charlie? The way this show has been going, I was really thinking they were going to start right at the top and kill on down the tree.

Great episode, and Matt Fox is surprising me as an actor. I like the fact that the flashbacks will continue to add layers to the individual characters like that.

Highlights:

Hurley vs. Michael

"You'll get it."

The flashback to the OR.

"You call it."

The entirety of the red shirt discussion.

Locke in general, and the fact that his first name really is John.

Locke's explanation of what his real world job was.

Boone's response.

Ethan's mean right hook

When they found Charlie

"What is it?"
"Steel."

Where the final shot could lead the characters once the season picks up next January.

LOVE IT!!!!

biggrin

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 02:41:18 AM »

For the love of God crop that giant picture above!!!!  The scrolling left to right is making this thread all but useless.

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
kay, show of hands: Who thought they really killed Charlie? The way this show has been going, I was really thinking they were going to start right at the top and kill on down the tree.

Nah, I didn't believe it for a second.  

One- ABC has been prominently boasting about the fanbase that Dominic Monaghan has brought to the show and I honestly think if Abrams tried to kill him off at this point they would intervene.

Two- Based on the first flashback of the episode, Jack had to be redeemed by resuscitating Charlie.

I *did* think Locke was going to die though.  I recall  a comment one of the show's staffers made to the effect of "wouldn't it be great if we sent a regular and an extra out into the jungle and everyone assumed the extra was a redshirt and was a goner and then *surprise* its the regular that we kill."  While Boone is a regular he hasn't been featured as much as Locke, so when the "red shirt" conversation occured with Boone as the red shirt, I was afraid that meant Locke was going to die with Boone to make his way back by himself.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 03:00:21 AM »

Very very good episode I thought... when sawyer left sayid, what was his comment about the tide?  There seems to be some odd twist in that sawyer made special note of the fact he kept that signal fire going.  Hurley was some sort of warrior... umm in what heh...My wife started crying when she saw charlie hanging there...I had faith he would be revived by jack, although I think Jack is more concerned with saving claire after seeing the flashback where he finds out the woman who died was pregnant.
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 03:24:27 AM »

Great episode.  

Yes, I really did think Charlie was dead for a moment.  

Best line of the night, Locke on Captain Kirk's habitual loss of the red-shirts:  "Doesn't sound like he was a very good captain."

And btw, Ethan is a tough SOB.   Jack didn't even get a punch in .
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 03:56:39 AM »

I thought Charlie did bite it also because early on the show creators said the main cast was by no means safe. Plus it would have been a damn cool mid season ender.

It seems like his flashback reveal is done.  He was a one hit wonder who got strung out.  There does not seem to be any more layers there.

I am really kind of feeling sorry for the show writers with the Korean characters.  The way the couple keeps fading in and out of the picture seems to indicate they just don't know what to do.    

Good episode though.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 04:43:42 AM »

is'nt that an awsome picture?.....It did'nt come on here so it sux everyone else saw it...

warning

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 04:50:25 AM »

Great episode.  I want Claire back though.  I'm worried "they" will try to take her baby and make it some sort of pseudo-antichrist figure.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 05:22:58 AM »

thought the whole bringing charlie back to life scene was lame.  I like the guy, but it was a tad bit unrealistic, but then again, it's a tv show
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004, 05:59:06 AM »

It pissed me off more than anything they've done so far.  They are trying to have it both ways, first we get all sad and shocked they killed a main character....but no! He lives!  Puhleeze!  :roll:

At least have the balls to commit, have Jack save Charlie JUST before Kate gives up hope, OR Charlie is dead, dammit.

Locke told Boone that it would rain in one minute and it did. I think that was significant, he wanted Boone to realize that you ask something of the island and you get it, IF you know how it works. Boone didn't catch on, not too bright so far but he means well.  

I lost alot of respect for the Doc. First, because he's wishy washy, I hate that in a person. Either back up your dad or don't, that waiting till the last minute then spilling your guts is really lame. So what am I supposed to think? He didn't care if his dad kills adult patients but if he starts killing fetuses/embryos that's crossing the line?  :?

Second, because he can't back up his shit.  He caught up to Ethan and what? He gets his ass kicked.  Now that I think of it, the writers probably allowed him to find and save Charlie so he wouldn't seem totally lame, didn't work imo.

Sawyer gives Sayid a free pass, whatever, I lose respect for Sawyer too.

Kate looks hot when wet, frickin' redeemed the whole episode.

Hurley claimed to be a sort of warrior, I wonder what that's about?
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004, 06:17:08 AM »

Hurley is a Jedi.   ninja
Rich in KCK
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004, 06:58:59 AM »

According to an article I read last week with Dominic M. (Charlie) one of the main characters will not live out the first season.  When watching tonights episode I was thinking "damn, I really didn't get the impression he was talking about his own character," my bad for thinking they would kill one of them off mid season.  They could have at least had the metal have a word on it or something to keep us guessing for the next 4 weeks.

I didn't get the impression that Locke was asking the Island for rain, I think he just could tell, hell maybe he could even see it coming toward them.

Formerly SJSharks
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 07:16:36 AM »

Quote from: "Rich in KCK"
I didn't get the impression that Locke was asking the Island for rain, I think he just could tell, hell maybe he could even see it coming toward them.

Maybe 'ask' is the wrong word for what I mean. Remember when Locke first told Charlie that he might get his guitar back?  Somehow Locke knows that their mental images are read by the island and manifested in some way, that's what I meant.  I mean, spotting rain on the way is one thing, specifying exactly 1 minute is something else I think.

Maybe Locke was trying to get a read off Boone, like 'if you could ask for something right now, what would it be?'.  Maybe he was hoping Boone would say something like "Rain? It would be better if we had sunlight instead", and that would keep the rain away. So when it did start raining, Locke smiled a little knowing that Boone could have stopped it if he only mentally willed it, instead of blindly accepting it.
Rich in KCK
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 07:26:08 AM »

Yeah I know the Island has some "magic" to it, well maybe, something has to explain Jack's visions and Locke's ability to walk but the guitar was just laying on a hillside Locke could have easily seen it there befoe he asked Charlie how bad he wanted it back.  I guess I just don't think there was that much significance to the Rain comment in the greater scheme of things.  To me it was more of a you should trust me that I know what I'm doing and we should keep going on kind of thing instead of a believe in the island kind of thing.

Formerly SJSharks
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2004, 12:51:52 PM »

I also noticed that every number the kid was calling out before rolling the dice came up. Just more info that the island has "magic".

I also noticed something Sawyer said.  Something about "Yeah, aliens are here waiting to get Claire and her baby".

Might not be too far off from the truth.  I think the metal thing might be a spaceship.

Sounds hokey, I know.  But it's a theory.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2004, 02:17:13 PM »

Quote from: "Hamlet3145"
Hurley is a Jedi.   ninja

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2004, 02:44:29 PM »

I still believe it is more tied to what they are thinking/feeling.

The young boy is the perfect example.

Thinking about certain dice rolls coming up - Happens

Thinking about finding his dog - Happens

Thinking about the polar bear in the comic book - Happens

I also believe there is no way in hell the "overall plot" of this show is going to be anywhere near easy to predict.  Abrahms will go out on a limb to come up with something completely bizarre, that hardly anyone can predict.  (He will try, anyway).

I say these things are automatically out, as they have been done to death:

1 - Aliens - out
2 - Govt. Experiment - out

Stuff like that.

And where the heck has the older black woman been!!!!!   Her husband is alive, this much has to be a 'given'.  She believes he is, so he must be.  But where the hell is he, who is with him, and when will that subplot be revealed?

Great show.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2004, 02:50:12 PM »

I was hoodwinked; I was positive that Charlie was dead there and was prepared to be amazed by that...  But I also figured that they'd bring him back in a couple weeks through the magic of the island.

Perhaps a throwaway moment; when the kid talked about 'my other father'.  My first reaction was that his father is homosexual...  Could just mean that his mother left him for another man.  This seemed 'important' as so many things do on the show that end up not being.

Nice episode; -how- long do we have to wait now??

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2004, 03:01:15 PM »

We have to wait for :

"Who are you anyway?"

"....Ima..."

"Ima what?"

"Ima going to kick your ass!"

Bring on Alias baby!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 03:25:56 PM »

So, I started this thread early yesterday and ended up paying for it last night.  I haven't read any comments here yet because LOST wasn't on TV locally.  A Billy Grahm special was instead, with text scrolling along the bottom of the screen that read "You can view LOST in it's entirity from 1:05AM to 2:05AM".  No worries, I will never start a LOST thread again, it must be bad luck.  I did record it though and will watch it tonight. Good thing is I ended up playing WoW the whole night instead smile

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2004, 03:44:23 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
We have to wait for :

"Who are you anyway?"

"....Ima..."

"Ima what?"

"Ima going to kick your ass!"

Bring on Alias baby!

LD

That has got to be the single dumbest add ive ever seen for a TV show.  If i did not already watch alias that stupid line would not have brought me in.  

As for lost, man do i love this show.  

One thing tho.  When Jack fought Ethan in the mud puddle i noticed something i thought was strange.  Mabey it was just me, so ill ask you guys about it.  Some one commented here that Jack never even landed a punch.  Did any of you think the way that happend was strange.  Ive seen alot of action movies, and seen more dodged punches and kicks than i could count and they did not look like what happend in that fight.   To me it did not look like Ethan dodged them punches as much as they just passed right through him.  At one point Jack gets up and throws a haymaker that i was sure was gonna connect, some how ethan was just not there.  Anyway i thought it was a strange fight all in all.

AttA
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2004, 03:51:14 PM »

Agreed.  Dumb promo.  But I so love the show.

Didn't even notice the "slipping of punches" thing.  I will have to rewatch that part.

LD

RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2004, 04:08:03 PM »

I guess I am not all that irritated that they lamed out at the end and brought Charlie back but it would be nice if it was the Island that brought him back.  Perhaps a new Charlie with a secret agenda.  I could go for them catching up to Ethan, saving Clair and baby and then as everything seems right with the world Charlie sneaks up at night and hauls ass into the jungle with the kid.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: