http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST 10-20 [SPOILERS]  (Read 4901 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2004, 05:41:36 AM »

Dunno... if I got sent to australia to retreive a father I hated by a mother who acted as tho she hated me... do you think introducing myself as a doctor would be the first thing on my mind?  No I would be very preoccupied... I would want to get in and get out... would I think about paperwork or anything else probably not.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2004, 05:53:49 AM »

I guess. But I just thought that after all those years of schooling and training, refering to yourself and introducing yourself as 'Doctor' would be second nature, you wouldn't even be aware you're doing it.  I really don't think he is a doctor.  

As to what he did, all I can think it that when he was a kid in the flashback, his dad was already hitting the bottle pretty hard. So I don't necessarily believe anything Jack did caused the dad to run to Australia, it could be that the dad had Alzheimers or something and was getting worse. This run to Aus might have been the worst episode of the illness yet, thereby explaining why he left his wallet behind. Maybe the mom and dad haven't told Jack about his illness yet. That is consistent with this show in general, no one on this show is honest with anyone else, hehe.

Maybe Jack did something else, something unrelated to the dad running away. Something to disappoint the parents, like NOT being a doctor....or being gay, hehe.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2004, 05:54:29 AM »

When Jack told the story about operating on the little girl, he mentioned that he made a mistake and tore the spinal nerve sac open while he was closing up (not paying attention to what he was doing) and the spinal nerve bundle "poured out like spaghetti".  I'm guessing tearing open a nerve bundle in the spinal cord while finishing an otherwise completed procedure is not a good thing.  He did mention that he was able to fix everything, but man, talk about a malpractice suit in the making.  For a few hours that girl's spinal cord was fubar'ed until he somehow managed to fix his huge mistake.  

That's a major Homer "doh!"
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2004, 06:01:33 AM »

Quote from: "Hamlet3145"
"Evangeline Lilly is up for the role as Lois Lane"

That would rock.  biggrin

That would indeed rock(to paraphrase Eco-Logic).  

I will watch ANYTHING she does, even a Superman movie.  However, imagine the pressure on whoever they cast as Superman having to compete on screen with her. She is a born scene stealer, whoever they pick better have charisma falling out of his ass. They might wind up with a 'Titanic' type result, where Kate Winslet really showed up Dicraprio(not that the teen girls in the audience cared).
warning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2004, 11:22:45 AM »

I dunno.  She's cute and all but give me the pregnant Aussie gal anyday.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2004, 12:07:17 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

POOF !!!!

She is yours.

Have fun.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2004, 01:25:08 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Quote from: "warning"

POOF !!!!

She is yours.

Have fun.

LD

Hey thanks!  Now I have to figure out how to explain this to my wife.

"Um... honey?"
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2004, 04:02:50 PM »

I thought it's wierd that he's been called Mr. the entire time too, but it's not so wierd.  I mean really the only way that a hotel concierge would know you're a doctor is if you told them, had a credit card that had it on there, or went through a professional association discount when securing the room.  I mean most people who are doctor's don't exactly run around introducting themselves as...
"Hi, Dr. Big Head, nice to meet you."
It's usually, "Big Head, nice to meet you."  There ARE people who throw their title around like it's the biggest deal in the world, but from what we know of Jack, I don't think he is like that.

The only people who call you Doctor are those who know; patients, assistants, staff, etc.

He easily could be a physician, just maybe a disappointment to his family because he chose a branch like psychiatry.  His dad, being jerk chief of surgery man, would definately be disappointed if Jack wasn't a surgeon too.  I mean really disappointed (hate to cast this huge generality, but most surgeons are freaking jerks; extraordinarily arrogant.  Anything less than surgery they look down on).

Quote from: "rshetts"
Ive suspected from the beginning that Jack had his medical liscense revoked.

Even if you get your license revoked or you never get licensed, you're still a doctor.  It's the degree MD, not the license,  that grants the title.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: