http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:49:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST - 05/11/05  (Read 3563 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2005, 01:10:35 AM »

Not bad, but like a few episodes back this felt like a small character building episode since nothing really happened. We got the revelation of Kate's history with the US Marshall to everyone, but nothing really major happened with the raft other than they will sail tomorrow (i.e. next week) so it felt like this was an episode to skip save the backstory. We see who Kate truly loved back in the world and where she got the toy plane, but nothing that illustrates why she was running in the first place or why her mom was so scared to see her. I've noticed that each character's story seems to go back further and further into their past, so maybe we'll eventually see the characters as kids. Just a thought. Any sympathy I've ever felt for Kate now is gone too, so if Kate's really going to change then it won't start until next season. Oh well.

It's official about Walt - the boy has a little Dead Zone in him. I'm now dying to see what's in the hatch. smile But is anyone else wondering if some Morlocs are going to come bursting out and attack everyone?

/shrug

As much as I hate the promos for LOST being historically anti-climactic, next week's got me. Hurley is shown the hatch, which means the numbers come back into play. The raft launches. Danielle returns, and from the looks of things Hell is close on her heels. One more episode then the major two-hour finale which is reportedly huge. JOY!!!!

I'd do highlights but nothing stood out other than me realizing that the struggle on LOST is indeed between Jack and Locke, but not in a good versus evil fashion. Instead I see Jack as the logical side and Locke as the spiritual side and in that fashion they will argue and do battle. But the catch is that they're part of the same whole. I'm honestly believing now that the true enemy has not been revealed yet. All in good time I suppose. slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 02:03:46 AM »

Isn't next week the big two hour finale?

I liked the episode. Kate and Jack are meant for each other; both are narcisists...and great characters. slywink Jack is all about Jack and Katie, well she's one manipulative bitch ain't she?

If Walt wants to leave the island now after getting a glimpse of Locke's plans, I think I'd want to be leaving, too. "Don't open it!"

"Ruuuuunnnn!!!!" biggrin

-Randy

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 02:15:20 AM »

I realized a little bit ago something about the finale. It's actually three hours long, and next week is just hour one. biggrin

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 05:01:30 AM »

Well, we did learn that whatever it is that was driving Kate to run, it goes all the way back to her childhood. We're also seeing the resolution of some of the plot threads and storylines from earlier in the year as secrets people had been holding (three big ones in this episode alone) were brought out into the open, to some degree or another.

I wonder how they'll handle the raft. If it launches, I'd find it hard to believe that it would ever find its way back to the island -- short of some sort of magical intervention -- and I'd hate to lose the characters who are presently planning to ship out.

I am very interesting to see the Others. And I loved seeing Danielle delivering what was very, very Delenn-like dialogue. smile

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 06:25:57 AM »

I liked this episode.  I know that not much 'happened' but I think this episode really achieved that element of being about the characters and not the situation that has been the battlecry of Lost proponents.

Finally I understand Kate's character, I know enough about her to make up my mind how I feel about her.

Sawyer acted like a guy like Sawyer would act, with no apologies.  No more of this crappy, sappy 'me and you are outsiders, we're the same...let's be pals' stuff.

Jack acts like a hypocrite and Locke calls him on it...while Sayid smirks, and studies both of them.

Shannon shoots Kate a bitchy look that is totally in character.

Sun, the sweet, loving, helpful, caring woman turns out to be every bit as selfserving as, well, Kate, who she took lessons from - I love it!

Finally found out why Michael would even consider taking his kid on some half assed raft into the ocean- he doesn't think they will find the island again.  I disagree but at least I understand where he's coming from.

Locke certainly knows something is up with that kid, that is more valuable info for him to use for his purposes.

The only one I can't understand is Sayid.  His logic, if you could call it that, that 'if there is no way to open it from the outside, it must mean it was never meant to be opened from the outside'  certainly had me scratching my head.  I mean, is he afraid of getting caught trespassing or something?  Who gives a crap what was 'meant' to be, just open the frickin' thing!

Last week it was Locke with the goofy logic, this week Sayid, I wish one week everyone would be like a normal rational person stuck on a deserted island with giant monsters.
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 11:46:01 AM »

Not a bad episode.  However, I don't like Kate, so it's hard for me to get into her episode.

I see others finally saying what I've been saying for weeks.  She's manipulative, downright evil.  Since I've been thinking that all along, when they have her cry and play sad music in the background, I can only laugh.  I looked at my girlfriend last night and said, "Are we the audience supposed to feel sorry for this !@#$?"

The cool part about last night was that as soon as Jack said early in the episode, "Well, Jin and Michael are on the same diet, and Jin is okay."  I immediately realized it was Sun that did it, and her target was Jin.  Pretty cool.

Classic line from last night.

Hurley:  "How am I supposed to keep straight on who knows what around here?"  Ha ha.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 12:28:46 PM »

The best part to me was Locke sticking it back to Jack.  Jack gets pissed saying locke lied about the hatch, Locke says he used discression.... then when locke hits him with 1. the guns and 2. kates background I think Jack finally "got it".  And of course the new character/extra they introduced whom I always refer to as Cliff from Matlock was quite funny.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 01:28:32 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"

The only one I can't understand is Sayid.  His logic, if you could call it that, that 'if there is no way to open it from the outside, it must mean it was never meant to be opened from the outside'  certainly had me scratching my head.  I mean, is he afraid of getting caught trespassing or something?  Who gives a crap what was 'meant' to be, just open the frickin' thing!

I think Sayid believes that whatever was locked away in the vault is dangerous - maybe even what killed all the other people. Releasing it, even 16 years later, probably isn't the safest thing to do.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 01:29:22 PM »

The current rumors floating around indicate that the people on the raft are leaving the show and will not be back and that new people will be joining the rest on the island.  Don't know how, why or if the raft is gone for good or just part of the season.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 01:37:05 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
The current rumors floating around indicate that the people on the raft are leaving the show and will not be back and that new people will be joining the rest on the island.  Don't know how, why or if the raft is gone for good or just part of the season.

I'd really be pissed if Sawyer bites the dust. Assuming, of course, that he actually does get on the boat. Maybe Katie will give him his reason to stay.

-Randy

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 02:02:38 PM »

In the previews for next week, they showed the raft being pushed into the water (though never actually making it to the water). Then the showed Sawyer running around in the jungle. I don't know if those clips are in chronological order, but I got the feeling that the raft doesn't make it out.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 02:54:32 PM »

One thing that I would have loved this show to do would have been to give the other crash survivors their own little plot threads that you only glimpse when the camera is shooting the main cast.  It would just amuse to no end to look over Sayid or Kate's shoulder and see a husband and wife couple that in initial episodes would be always be hugging or holding hands but as the season goes on they are shown more heatedly arguing with each other.  Or some guy that drags progressively larger pieces of junk into the jungle.     Then have one episode a season that reverses it and the extras are in the foreground while the main drama is moved to the back.

As for this weeks episode.  It was okay but I didn't really find Kate's story very compelling.  It did seem to start positioning people though.  I think the interplay between Jack and Locke was really creating an understanding between them that is likely to put them on the same side of things.  But then again next week we could find out Locke shot Jack's dog when he was 10 and start it all over again.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 04:35:51 PM »

SO do people think they will actually let the boat leave?  What would that do to the story as far as having to different locations to follow developments?

I like how they tried to head this off with the random high school scientist guy.  Oh...thanx for telling us no that we should have left yesterday...ignoramoose!

But they have to have some sort of disaster that brings them back to the island IMO.  Think it will be a season cliff-hanger?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 04:59:38 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
The current rumors floating around indicate that the people on the raft are leaving the show and will not be back...

I'd be willing to take up a collection to send Kate on the raft.  She annoys the hell outta me.  And she needs a sandwich.

Now... the newly non-pregnant Claire?  Hubba-hubba!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 05:38:58 PM »

Here's what I don't get about the whole Kate storyline...

From my understanding, she was/is being billed as the "lead" female character, if such a thing really exists on this show.

Yet, just about everyone (including myself) likes her less and less each episode.  Now I suppose JJAbrams could have the whole thing planned where maybe her dad was abusive and she killed him, or some-such nonsense, to try and 'bring us back' to liking her, but it seems like almost a lost cause.  Maybe he's simply trying to break tradition, and have his lead female be a bitch, but I doubt it.  Or maybe I've been watching Alias for too long, and just expect to love the female lead.

Whatever.  The bottom line is I am liking where the show is heading on the whole, and I look forward to the finale!

Oh, and I'm glad the hobbit is writing again.  They need to play some of his guitar music in the background more I say.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 06:45:31 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
I think Sayid believes that whatever was locked away in the vault is dangerous - maybe even what killed all the other people. Releasing it, even 16 years later, probably isn't the safest thing to do.

That's why I don't get it- how can he, or WHY would he, assume that anything or anyone who killed everyone 16 years ago was even around anymore? Logically, I would think- the Frenchwoman still lives, so that would tend to prove that whatever wiped out her people is no longer around, or she would have not survived so long.  She has no special shelter or weapons that they didn't have 16 years ago, for defense.  Plus Sayid's plane made a loud, attention grabbing crash landing on that island, and gobs of people are wandering around everywhere...still no 'big bad'.

Here's another thing.  Sayid's words only mentioned that there was no way to get in from the outside, he said nothing about being able to get out from the inside.  If I thought there might a 'thing' in that hatch, I'd want to  figure out how I can open that hatch.  Because if 'it' can get out, but I can't get in- 'it' has a major advantage.  

And it follows that 'it' can get out, because if you believe 'it' terrorized the island 16 years ago, than obviously it got out.  Under that scenerio, you believe 'it' got out, terrorized the Frenchwoman's people, and then went back into the hatch, where it is now.  And that's why Sayid doesn't want to open it.  But not opening it prevents nothing, since 'it' got out before.  'It' comes and goes as it pleases.

There must be something else involved here.  My puzzlement is that Sayid seems to have some sense of that but I haven't seen any reason for that presented in the show.  He's not psychic, he doesn't have the bond with the island that Locke does, yet he seems to have some definite feelings about the hatch, strong enough feelings to overcome the natural human curiousity to want to open that thing immediately.  I'm just wondering why.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 07:40:29 PM »

But there's no reason to think that "it" got out before - perhaps once  it was put into the vault it stayed in the vault  (it didn't necessarily come from the vault originally).

Plus, who's to say that there's a latch on the inside? Perhaps there's no handle on either side of the vault.

New theory - maybe the vault is something like Pandora's Box. The light that shone through the vault's window seemed a lot like the light coming from Marcellus' suitcase in Pulp Fiction.

Or maybe I've just been playing too much God of War.  :wink:
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 09:49:02 PM »

New theory - maybe the vault is something like Pandora's Box. The light that shone through the vault's window seemed a lot like the light coming from Marcellus' suitcase in Pulp Fiction.

Or maybe I've just been playing too much God of War.  :wink:

Actually, that's what I was thinking last night. Combine that with the light that Locke was shown once Boone died, and I think that hatch might just open up next week. To be honest, I think the numbers are the key. Once Hurley sees it next week, the numbers are essentially brought back to the hatch and that's when it might open. In which case, the curse is further proven because Hurley inadvertantly screwed everyone. biggrin

Whatever is in that hatch might but some serious hurt down on the survivors. We all keep looking for a Big Bad as conditioned by Buffy and Angel, but one of the things I've loved about the show thus far is the "Big Bad" we've seen is simply the ability to survive on an island. Again, this goes back to the "Big Brother" theory that everything is some sort of sick experiment, and how awesome would it be if "The Frenchwoman" was really the Big Bad? If she was the puppetmaster. That would rule. biggrin

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 10:54:19 PM »

But there's no reason to think that "it" got out before - perhaps once  it was put into the vault it stayed in the vault  (it didn't necessarily come from the vault originally).

Well, I was aiming that speculation at the idea that Sayid didn't want to open the hatch because whatever is in there was responible for the deaths of the people 16 years ago, and if they open the hatch it will get out again.

I was merely pointing out that if it was the one who killed people 16 years ago, that proves that it can and did get out.  In my opinion, whatever is in the hatch is there voluntarily.  I think that because the alternative seems even unlikelier.

Now, you have speculated that it wasn't in the hatch until AFTER it killed the Frenchwoman's people, that someone put it in the hatch and sealed and buried the hatch 16 years ago.  Sure that's possible, but that's also out of left field in so far as such a person/s haven't in any way even been hinted at. Much less the reason why someone with the power to put 'it' in the hatch thingy wouldn't just kill, or otherwise destroy, 'it'.  

I doubt that hatch thing just happened to be there on the island, and was used as a makeshift cage for 'it'.   I think whatever is in there is supposed to be in there and has been in there since the hatch was created.  If that's true, it would make sense that 'it' has a way out by now, either by design or in some way it figured out over time.

However, I admit my theory is based on the idea that the Frenchwoman's story, however mixed up and crazy, is at least partially true.  It could very well turn out that everything she said is a lie, and she is actually the guardian of the hatch and knows that the presence of the others cause 'it' to manifest and become active.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 11:46:09 PM »

Did anyone TIVO this?  Someone on  local radio station called in and said at 1:52 there was a subliminal message.  The message was a picture of Uncle Sam.  He said it lasted only a split second.  Unfortunately I couldn't listen after that to see if others called in about it.  I don't really believe him, but who knows.
Wheelman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 12:29:41 AM »

I missed the Hurley episode and this "numbers" thing. Can somebody fill me in on that?

I also missed the episode that established Ethan, but I think I got that one. Crazy guy, stole Claire, don't know why, don't know where he came from. Merry shot him. That about right?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 12:55:59 AM »

Quote from: "Wheelman"
I missed the Hurley episode and this "numbers" thing. Can somebody fill me in on that?

I also missed the episode that established Ethan, but I think I got that one. Crazy guy, stole Claire, don't know why, don't know where he came from. Merry shot him. That about right?

Pretty much. Hurley was established as having won the lottery but then bad luck befell him in a major way. Like the Universe personally had both thumbs on him. He was apparently in a mental institute for undisclosed reasons and a guy there kept muttering a set of numbers. Hurley played them, and those won the lottery for him. The guy in the institute freaked out majorly when Hurley told him that, and Hurley was sent to Australia to find his partner. The guy's partner killed himself to get away from the numbers after serious bad luck, and his wife was still scared and angry. Hurley when he was on the island tracked down the Frenchwoman and begged her to tell him whether the numbers were cursed. She agreed that they were because she knew of them because they were broadcast from the radio signal that led her to the island.

We later found out that those numbers are on the hatch itself. biggrin

ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 02:54:20 AM »

The episode also featured Kate changing license plates.

Ohio plate: DPN 924A (camera had a long shot of this one)

I wonder if this is significant...
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 03:05:16 AM »

I'd just like to add that Kate looked damn tasty in the middle flashback scenes.  Never been a huge fan of hers, but something about her last night was striking.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 05:28:04 AM »

Did you guys notice what date it was that Kate and her childhood sweetheart buried the time capsule?  August 15th. 815.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 07:09:53 AM »

And it was 16 years ago.  

I think the most logical thing right now is that Kate was abused by her father and killed him in front of her mother who likely ignored/tolerated the abuse.  But then again the show does like to throw a few wrenches in the works.

I really enjoyed the episode myself.  It didn't feel like filler at all though it was clearly laying the groundwork for the finale.  The show has made significant progress in the last two weeks at getting all of the secrets out on the table.  

Plus, I'm just a sucker for kids with sudden premonitions and we got two this week.  

I'm also interested in how the raft will be handled.  I don't believe they are ditching the cast- no way they get rid of four cast members after all how hard the creators evidently had to fight to kill Boone off.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jin bite the dust though considering he won't really be be able to interact fully unitil he can speak English and no way that happens any time soon if the show continues at approx 2 days per episode.
Nameless
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 01:52:19 PM »

What I don't understand is what the hell killed the pilot?  Remember that?  Way back when?  There was a giant 'thing' that disturbed the tops of 30 foot trees as it walked by.  It pulled the pilot out of the plane in the tree, and left his body way up in the canopy.  It was no polar bear.  And yet, there clearly was a giant monster, and the survivors sure don't seem very worried about it....

"I don't like signatures"  -  me
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 04:11:39 PM »

I am fairly certain the pilot was scooped up, chewed and spit out by an enormous plot hole.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

From what I understand we will get more information on "the monster" in the season finale.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 04:59:45 PM »

The monster is coming back soon enough. Also, I had a thought this morning - What if Kate winds up being the true villain? Considering that with last week's episode pretty much everything "good" she's done could be considered a means to her escaping, then what if everything she does and tries is just for the sake of her getting away from everyone? Hmmm...

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 06:27:48 PM »

What if Kate winds up being the true villain? Considering that with last week's episode pretty much everything "good" she's done could be considered a means to her escaping, then what if everything she does and tries is just for the sake of her getting away from everyone? Hmmm...

This is not the first time I've heard this sort of comment -- that this was the episode that "proved Kate is evil" -- but I don't really get it.  If anything, this episode proved to me that Kate isn't quite as evil as I though she was.

Prior to this episode, I was convinced Kate was an out-and-out sociopath so divorced from emotion or humanity that she was not only willing, but anxious to manipulate other people into serving her purposes.  Now it turns out that in her private moments, such as when she was in the car crying by herself, or when she risked her own freedom to see her mother for no discernable purpose, that shows a much softer, more human side of her than I've seen up to this point.

-Autistic Angel
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 07:25:20 PM »

I'm just pissed off that Lost replaced my favorite show, Eyes.   *grumble* I haven't even watched one episode.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 07:58:03 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
This is not the first time I've heard this sort of comment -- that this was the episode that "proved Kate is evil" -- but I don't really get it.  If anything, this episode proved to me that Kate isn't quite as evil as I though she was.

Prior to this episode, I was convinced Kate was an out-and-out sociopath so divorced from emotion or humanity that she was not only willing, but anxious to manipulate other people into serving her purposes.  -Autistic Angel

Well, the fact that she cries is meaningless unless we know exactly why she is crying.  It might not be for 'normal' reasons.  Visiting her mom, well, did  you see her mom's reaction?  So we know that visit wasn't about Kate wanting to make her mom happy.  It was more likely a selfish desire on Kate's part, regardless of what her mom wanted.

Then when she got Tom killed, that was the the absolute final answer.  She attacked people to get out, she took Tom's car, and she rammed her way through a hail of gunfire and a police blockade, because of HER desire to escape.  Yeah she told him to get out. But that was his car, she knows he's a family man with a young child, and there's a cop pointing a gun at both of them...didn't matter to her.

Even if her dad abused her, that has nothing to do with what she did at the hospital.  Only someone 'bad' or 'evil' will make other people pay for things they have nothing to do with, the way she made Tom pay or the hospital security guy.  Her character is pretty scummy, the only way they can play this now, assuming they want to make her likable again, is to have her give her life to save the others.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
I'm just pissed off that Lost replaced my favorite show, Eyes.   *grumble* I haven't even watched one episode.

How, exactly, did LOST replace Eyes?

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 02:05:28 AM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"

They're putting lost on the Wed 9:00pm timeslot after the abruptly dropped Eyes.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 02:11:33 AM »

And Thursdays are looking horrible for me:

Joey
Survivor
Smallville (new day and time)
Alias (new day and time)
possibly the O.C.

All at 7pm CT on Thursdays next year...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 03:12:40 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
And Thursdays are looking horrible for me:

Joey
Survivor
Smallville (new day and time)
Alias (new day and time)
possibly the O.C.

All at 7pm CT on Thursdays next year...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's the kind of schedule TIVO looks at, then looks back at its owner and says, "You're on your own, dude."

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2005, 03:32:15 AM »

They're putting lost on the Wed 9:00pm timeslot after the abruptly dropped Eyes.

Nah.  LOST is being bumped an hour to the current Alias timeslot, while a new show, Invasion, is taking the 10:00pm EST timeslot of Eyes.

Putting LOST in the 10:00 pm EST slot would be retarded as its current ratings gaurantee a certain amount of lead-in to whatever is on after it.

I, too, was enjoying Eyes, but I'm not too surprised to see it axed.  ABC doesn't really have any good synergistic lead-ins for it.  Though they could've waited and given it a shot before, or after, Boston Legal.  A little bit of a stylistic match, there.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2005, 03:59:30 AM »

Nah.  LOST is being bumped an hour to the current Alias timeslot, while a new show, Invasion, is taking the 10:00pm EST timeslot of Eyes.

Putting LOST in the 10:00 pm EST slot would be retarded as its current ratings gaurantee a certain amount of lead-in to whatever is on after it.

I, too, was enjoying Eyes, but I'm not too surprised to see it axed.  ABC doesn't really have any good synergistic lead-ins for it.  Though they could've waited and given it a shot before, or after, Boston Legal.  A little bit of a stylistic match, there.

Too true.  Thanks for correcting me on the times.  I don't watch much broadcast TV anymore, and I forget that they announce things in EST. smile  It's a shame, I thought the humor on Eyes was spot on with the action.  Who knows...I may have to catch up on Lost.  A friend of mine has it TIVO'd so....

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: