http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 08:51:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST 03/01 [Episode Spoilers]  (Read 1017 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2006, 03:59:24 PM »

Surprised no one had the thread going...

I enjoyed the hell out of the episode last night. I didn't feel like the writers were toying with us at all. I'm pretty sure that this was the first episode so far that didn't have flashbacks of events before the island. In this case, the flashbacks were the meat and potatoes, not the, um, parsley.

And there were two reveals that I was able to guess, or assume. As soon as I saw the interior of the others' medical ward, saw how clean cut they were, I knew that either there were two groups of others, or that the scruffy ones were all an act. And since the scruffy ones are faking it, I'm curious as hell to know what game their playing, and why. Why the castaways can't know that the others are in one of the bunkers.

I also figured right off the bat that the girl was Rousseau's daughter, 'cause, well, how the hell else do you have a teenager with the others?

I'm just sad that we don't get another episode until March 22. I'm really starting to wish that they'd release the entire seasons like 24 or the Supranos, pick a start date and air an episode every week until the season's done.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 04:52:20 PM »

I was disappointed at how easily Locke was manipulated.  That seemed poorly written.

I was intrigued by the "medical facility" they showed.  Do you remember when Ethan was called to the door and the clean-shaved man was talking to him and then they closed the door?  I could swear his voice is the same as the bearded guy who took Walt (Waaalllttttt!!!!) on the boat and also took their guns around the campfire a couple of episodes back.  And didn't one of the scenes show "theatrical glue" or something like that and also an object that looked like a beard?

Weird stuff.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:16:25 PM »

I loved this week's episode.

I didn't buy the easy manipulation of Locke.  Um, helllooo, you think he's an Other.  Wouldn't he obviously be trying to start trouble?  

The locker Kate opened did indeed have a case that included a beard and theatrical glue -- this was slightly odd only because the place seemed abandoned and everything else had been taken.

I'll be anticipating March 22nd!  How many episodes are left this season anyhow?

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 07:40:08 PM »

The guy talking to Ethan at the door was definitely the Other leader that faced off with Jack in the jungle.

Finally an episode where they throw the story right in the face of the viewer, whether you're ready for it or not.  I liked it.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »

Good episode, yeah that was the same guy who abducted Walt and confronted Jack in the jungle. Maybe the "others" are out trying to rebuild humanity you know save the kids and so forth. Interesting story none the less wonder where they are heading with this.

Ascendent
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 08:53:57 PM »

Tania Raymonde  plays french woman's girl..I vote HOT

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 09:00:56 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Tania Raymonde  plays french woman's girl..I vote HOT

I second the hottie vote!  They're going to need to liberate her somehow from Others so we can see her in more episodes.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 09:04:15 PM »

Agreed with the hotness!

Ascendent
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 11:54:12 PM »

Locke only pretended to buy that guy's attempt at divide and conquer, I'm sure of it.  Locke had just found out from that guy that he can hear through the 'thin door'.   Then Locke goes and makes a huge loud racket- it HAD to be intentional. Locke is trying to flush him out.

The make up and costumes were left behind intentionally.  I'm thinking this means that whatever purpose the others had in pretending they were pirates is finished.  Probably because they got Walt.  Now the others will just appear as themselves is my guess.

I enjoyed the female centric slant of the episode.  It's funny how Claire can't give her baby away, but Mike can't seem to keep his.

Last but not least:

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 12:54:53 AM »

The make up and costumes were left behind intentionally. I'm thinking this means that whatever purpose the others had in pretending they were pirates is finished. Probably because they got Walt. Now the others will just appear as themselves is my guess.

The Others already had Walt when Big Beardo squared off with Jack in the jungle, yet he was still wearing his ragged clothing and had his beard.  It's really only been a few weeks since Claire had been kidnapped, so it's unlikely he could have grown a real beard that size -- I think they're still wearing their "disguises."

-Autistic Angel
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 06:23:54 AM »

I was just thinking about the way 'the others' move silently through the jungle. Now we saw them once...well thier feet anyways...moving through the jungle. But they were'nt silent..Mr Ecko heard them and silenced Michael. So Im thinking now that maybe that was either not really the others or they were meant to be seen.

Anyways my thought is perhaps the others dont move silently through the jungle but rather UNDER it. Maybe theres a whole maze of passageways under the island that connects it all somehow. Perhaps the whole damn island is one huge manmade construction thats grown over or made to look like it does.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 04:03:18 PM »

I don't think the bare-footed others are the same as those that abducted Claire. Even in their "pirate" outfits, the underground others were still fully clothed. The bare-foots seem more like a little nomad tribe.

I don't know what it is, but the stuff Ethan was pumping Claire's belly with is the same stuff that Desmond was injecting himself with. And, gee wiz, look at the coding on the vials. I wonder where Desmond's stash is right now. Is it hidden? 'Cause Claire would go ape if she saw it in the hatch.

There's some other interesting easter eggs, but it's hard to know if they are intentional, or production errors. First, the orientation clip may have a scene added into it. I think the difference in the tie is the biggest give away. Second, why did the record player in the hatch change? (I can't believe people noticed these things, by the way.) Third, there's another strange inclusion in the hatch - an intentional discrepency with the laundy machines?

And check out the crazy Christian-artwork vision that Charlie had. That's another sweet easter-egg that I didn't notice as I watched the episode, like the smoke-monster in the pilot.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »

Well i had it set to record on HDTV and wouldnt ya know it.  Time warner lost the HD feed at 9pm.   frown
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: