http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:26:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST - 01/05/05  (Read 3432 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2005, 04:06:07 AM »

Alright episode, though the highlight was certainly in the opening moments when Kate was swimming. biggrin Dumb ending though - she went through all that for a damn toy simply because it was a reminder? Lame. Really nice addition of Charlie and the black woman (never caught her name) and it was cool that she was the one to bring him out of his funk regarding Claire.

Nice to see Shannon.... all of Shannon....  :shock:  Also nice to see here actually DO something and not fall into the Cordelia Syndrome of utterly useless bimbo until six years after the show starts. smile B- episode. Not great, not bad, random setup of the Chinese woman aware there are guns on the island now.

Eh.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 04:17:59 AM »

Not stellar, but it had some nice character moments between Kate/Sawyer, Charlie/black lady, and Sayid/Shannon.  The doc bores me.  I actually find myself dreading his screen time.  Please let them kill him off soon.  

Interesting use of Bobby Darin's "Beyond the Sea."  Here's the complete lyric for anyone who cares to speculate on such things:

Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing

Somewhere beyond the sea
She's there watching for me
If I could fly like birds on high
Then straight to her arms
I'd go sailing

It's far beyond the stars
It's near beyond the moon
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
And never again I'll go sailing

I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon
We'll meet (I know we'll meet) beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
And never again I'll go sailing

No more sailing
So long sailing
Bye, bye sailing...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 05:01:57 AM »

Actually it was Charles Trenet's La Mer.  Beyond the Sea was the rewritten version for Bobby Darren.  The original French lyrics actually tell a different story.  I believe it is more about loss than love.  

I liked the episode because it points out that Kate never had her redemption moment like some of the others.  Since she has been on the island she has not had to slip into her old life too much but this time it showed that she could play Jack and may have been playing him all along.  

Good moments for some of the others.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 05:22:08 AM »

That 'toy' has to have more significance than what we got tonight.

Lame episode except for seeing so much of Kate and Shannon. Shannon benefited alot in that I hated the sight of her before, but now I can tolerate her. I agree that her character works best when given something to do besides lay there and gripe.

I'm left wondering alot of things: Why did it take so much effort from so many people to move their 'stuff' from up off the beach?  I thought a bunch of people moved to the caves and only the 'we will be rescued any minute now' people stayed at the beach, so how much stuff can there be? I can't believe each person doesn't have the equivalent of a small knapsack of 'stuff' to move.

But, they apparently don't have the least bit of interest in looking for Claire. I mean, they are on a frickin' island so trail or no trail, Claire could only be in so many places.

Why NOT immediately tell everyone about finding that metal thingy in the jungle?  Other than the contrived habit of everyone on this show lying about everything that is.

Even though there was a throwaway line about the giant creature(s) AND Claire has been kidnapped, AND Charlie almost hung, Kate wanders around alone for a few bits of fruit, Locke and Boone wander back and forth to their find, Jack and Kate wander off to dig up a smelly(attractive to animals) corpse....no one is afraid of the jungle anymore...oh wait, yes they are, that's why no one is looking for Claire.

This show is thisclose to being over for me. Damn Kate in her sexy undies, and Shannon in her shameless flaunting of her hot body!  Set me free!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 05:27:31 AM »

I missed the first half hour so saw none of that. And thnx to our crappy network I have'nt seen the episode before this one.

Any dload sites?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 05:29:55 AM »

Not bad, not great. I was hoping for more from the first ep after a break of a month or so. I can't wait for next week's ep though - what the hell is going to happen to Shannon?

I think we're going to find out more about Kate's toy plane.

I think we're going to find out why Locke and Boone have been hush hush about the metal door. 'Tis what they've been needing an ax for, riiight?

And as for finding Claire, I've got to think that the island is hella big. Searching for her in that terrain without a trail may be next to impossible.

Edit: So much for spelling.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 06:04:28 AM »

wish they'd tell us what's going on with the pregnant chick..

Next week's show looks awesome
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 07:21:42 AM »

Sexyblackundies.

That's really all I have to say for this episode.  ninja
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 02:16:10 PM »

Here's the lyrics to the song:

Charles Trenet
» La Mer

La mer
Qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs
A des reflets d'argent
La mer
Des reflets changeants
Sous la pluie

La mer
Au ciel d'été confond
Ses blancs moutons
Avec les anges si purs
La mer bergère d'azur
Infinie

Voyez
Près des étangs
Ces grands roseaux mouillés
Voyez
Ces oiseaux blancs
Et ces maisons rouillées

La mer
Les a bercés
Le long des golfes clairs
Et d'une chanson d'amour
La mer
A bercé mon coeur pour la vie

And here's a rough translation, as best I understand it:

The sea
That we see dance along the clear gulfs
has reflections of silver.
The sea
of changing reflections
under the rain

The sea
Of the summer sky confuses
Its white sheep.
With angels so pure
The sea rocks with azure (?)
Infitite

See
Near the ponds
These large wet reeds
See
These white birds
And these rusted houses

The sea
rocked them along the clear gulfs
And with a song of love
The sea
rocked my heart for the life (?).
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 03:46:12 PM »

Sure, we may find more out about the Toy Plane.  But in the end, its still just a stupid toy plane.  There is never anything juicey and real in these shows.  Its just some sentimental Toy plane, or a Letter, or a fathers empty coffin.  Its kinda getting me annoyed.  

Why can't someone actually be bad?  They were so close to painting Kate in an interesting and different light and then they made her kill 3 people over a toy plane?  Weak.

I agree that the Doc is getting boring.  I don't look forward to seeing him anymore either.  My favorite characters now are Hurley and Sawyer.

Last, if the Shannon hooks up with Sayeed I am goign to puke.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 04:44:08 PM »

I actually agree about Hurley and (especially) Sawyer.  Once they got rid of the hot pregnant aussie chick and neutered the Hobbit there's not a lot of interesting characters left except for Locke.

And Kate still needs a sandwich.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 04:48:49 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
Sure, we may find more out about the Toy Plane.  But in the end, its still just a stupid toy plane.  There is never anything juicey and real in these shows.  Its just some sentimental Toy plane, or a Letter, or a fathers empty coffin.  Its kinda getting me annoyed.  

Why can't someone actually be bad?  They were so close to painting Kate in an interesting and different light and then they made her kill 3 people over a toy plane?  Weak.

I agree that the Doc is getting boring.  I don't look forward to seeing him anymore either.  My favorite characters now are Hurley and Sawyer.

Kate did not kill people over a toy plane.  kate killed people becuse they went against the plan; they where never supposed to hurt anyone.   As for the doc i gotta agree, im really starting to hate him.  

A friend of mine is one of those people that reads spoilers all the time.  He informs me that in 3 or 4 weeks we will finaly get Hurley's story, and i cant wait for that.   He was right about tonight being Kate #2 so he might be right about that too.

AttA
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 05:46:27 PM »

AttA, Hurley's backstory is one that a lot of people are dying for, myself included. We've been promised a jaw-dropper in there, which leads me to think he's the sabateur but I haven't figured out the why yet. Jack's "I'm the moral one!" attitude is starting to grate on me as well, and his third flashback might show that he's way more messed up than we thought. I don't know, it's possible.

Next week though - hints of what's through the door, Locke turns on Boone, monster shows up and from the looks of it snatched Shannon up into the air. If my VCR a-splodes and doth not record it (I'll be on my honeymoon) then I'll be mighty peeved.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 05:51:05 PM »

I never got the sense that Kate killed the three robbers, just shot them and wounded them. She seemed pretty good with a gun - I figure she knew where she was shooting and aimed for no-kill parts of the body.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 05:56:23 PM »

Quote from: "AttAdude"
Quote from: "ElijahPrice"

Kate did not kill people over a toy plane.  kate killed people becuse they went against the plan; they where never supposed to hurt anyone.   As for the doc i gotta agree, im really starting to hate him.  

A friend of mine is one of those people that reads spoilers all the time.  He informs me that in 3 or 4 weeks we will finaly get Hurley's story, and i cant wait for that.   He was right about tonight being Kate #2 so he might be right about that too.

And it is possible that what was in the envelope during the bank robbery is not the same thing that was in the envelope on the island (since they never did show Kate open the envelope in the flashback).
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 06:10:01 PM »

I have slightly different opinions then everyone.

I like Jack, can't stand Kate.  She is uninteresting, as is her character.

It seems like the show has too many teaser romances.  Claire/Charlie.  Jack/Kate.  Kate/Sawyer (wow she gets around).  Black father(can't remember name/Korean lady (at least I think it will happen).  Now Sayeed/Shannon.  It gets old.

Will someone please tell someone else about ANYTHING?  I get the impression if Jack found a tampon on the ground, he'd say, "We'd better keep this to ourselves."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 06:14:12 PM »

Does anyone else think that Boone's character is supposed to be gay... or was Shannons comment about locke being his new boyfriend just a stab?  Afterall, Boone was a wedding planner.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 06:17:14 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Does anyone else think that Boone's character is supposed to be gay... or was Shannons comment about locke being his new boyfriend just a stab?  Afterall, Boone was a wedding planner.

ya know, i got a similar feeling.  but for some reason, i have this sneaking suspicion that someone is REALLY a transexual...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
MrZubbleWump
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 06:53:24 PM »

I've got to believe that there is more to the plane than it's just a toy plane.  The fact that they crashed in a plane and the envelope contains a toy plane can't be a coincidence.  I suspect that the toy plane is similiar to the Tiki idol from the Brady Bunch.  Some sort of voodoo cursed plane thing.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 07:45:29 PM »

"I never got the sense that Kate killed the three robbers, just shot them and wounded them. She seemed pretty good with a gun - I figure she knew where she was shooting and aimed for no-kill parts of the body."

That's what it looked like to me.  Kate killed a guy, and then wanted to retrieve whatever was in his safety deposit box.  She shot the other 3 robbers just to stop them from killing the bank manager.  She was awfully good with the gun, so she was presumably used to using one, either as a criminal or perhaps the military (the plane looked like a fighter jet to me).  I'm guessing Kate doesn't know the meaning of the plane, either, only that it was somehow important to the guy she killed.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 07:54:09 PM »

I bet four billion dollars that the guy Kate killed was her dad.  Probably for abusing her or her mom or both.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 10:11:19 PM »

Quote from: "Hamlet3145"
I bet four billion dollars that the guy Kate killed was her dad.  Probably for abusing her or her mom or both.

I thought Kate said she killed the person she loved.  That made me think boyfriend.  if im right, ill take my $4 billion  in montly instalments of 1mill.  Thanx. :lol:

AttA
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »

Quote from: "MrZubbleWump"
I've got to believe that there is more to the plane than it's just a toy plane.  The fact that they crashed in a plane and the envelope contains a toy plane can't be a coincidence.  I suspect that the toy plane is similiar to the Tiki idol from the Brady Bunch.  Some sort of voodoo cursed plane thing.

As soon as that part happened my roomate yells out.  "Sweet Pure Crack Cocaine."  Would have made a lot more sense.  Then Charlie and her could become crack-buddies.

Hurley's story is the only one I am really looking forward to.  After that comes Locke because he is still out of his mind in some sense.  Next week seems like it will be a great episode but I must give them one thing, they are great at making the teasers and not so great at coming through 100%.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 11:26:35 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"

I got the feeling that was an inside joke, that we will understand it later when we get their flashback episode.  Maybe once Boone pretended to be gay to get business as a planner or something and now Shannon teases him about it.
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 11:27:46 PM »

Like warning, I kind of hoped that the plane was a sandwich, instead.

OT: I didn't realize how much I missed Alias until the f-ed up plot started...

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 12:45:31 AM »

This thread is useless without pics....namely kate and doofus blonde from the beginning I missed..come on some one help me...you know id help you biggrin

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 01:43:58 AM »

credit to Lost-media dot com for the caps.

edit: oh yeah, I erased Sawyer from the pics, no need to thank me.
Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 02:32:18 AM »

Person she loved: Her son?

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 03:25:15 AM »

Ooooh, that'd be harsh. It would also make sense with the toy plane and all.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 03:47:12 AM »

I assumed it was her son from the get go.. but being as I am not a sadist... I assumed it was more of a :
He was braindead/in a coma or some other odd medical condition and she elected to pull the plug... or She did something, like get into a car accident that led to his death....

Well thats what I just assumed... maybe I'm the crackhead here, lol

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 03:58:47 AM »

Thank you GOM!..That hit the spot and made me drool.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 01:35:16 PM »

Funny, cause I immediately thought Kate was referring to her Father also, when she said "the man I loved... the man I killed".

Why?   I don't know.  Other than it really isn't obvious, and that's what Abrahms lives for...  Delivering the "non-obvious".

But her son does actually make a bit more sense, except why use the word "man" and not "boy" if she was referring to her son?  

Regarding Shannon and her "brother".  Are we certain they really are brother and sister?  I only recall it ever being brought up one time, in the very beginning.  He states something like, "She's not my girlfriend, she's my sister."  But how do we even know THAT'S the truth?  Nothing anyone says is ever the truth on this show.  It gets a bit annoying.

And don't for a second think this guy won't turn out to be homosexual.  He very well could be.  I wouldn't be surprised in the least, although I tend to doubt it.  

Hurley said in an earlier episode that he was known as "something of a warrior where he came from" too.  At least I think I remember him saying that.  Wonder what that means?  

In comparing this show to ALIAS, as they are similar in certain respects, and have the same creator, I am expecting everything to get turned upside down late season one or early in season two.  If I remember correctly, that's when Abrahms revealed that SD-6 was not AT ALL what the people working there thought it was.  Jack finally came clean with Sydney that everything she had previously thought was completely wrong, and the show literally took off from there and got mega-awesome until season three.  I am expecting the same type of thing with LOST.  Late season One or early Season Two, a huge "truth" is revealed to everyone, and the show does a 180 and really picks up steam.

I highly doubt any of the "obvious" things are true:

1.  Dinosaurs and/or aliens
2.  Mad Scientists on the island doing experiments
3.  State of Limbo between life and death

Since I am a total optimist when it comes to this sort of thing, I personally think it is something totally different that will turn out to be a shocker to most of us, and will make us go "AWESOME!"    At least... I hope so.   :wink:

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
RunningMn9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 05:37:51 PM »

**** SPOILERS for 1/16 Episode ****

Here's the TV Guide description for next week:

"When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their "secret" to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril, and the shocking truth about her past with Boone is revealed. Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin."

More Shannon = more gooder.  Kate is a pain in my ass, and I hate her.

Here's a screen shot from next week's episode.  Note Boone in the background.  Interesting....

AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 07:56:57 PM »

Quote from: "RunningMn9"
**** SPOILERS for 1/16 Episode ****

Here's the TV Guide description for next week:

"When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their "secret" to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril, and the shocking truth about her past with Boone is revealed. Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin."

More Shannon = more gooder.  Kate is a pain in my ass, and I hate her.

Here's a screen shot from next week's episode.  Note Boone in the background.  Interesting....

Thats not boon in the background, thats Sawyer.

AttA
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 08:05:44 PM »

Who is Boone anyways?

AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2005, 08:10:29 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Who is Boone anyways?

Boon is the guy infront on that pic.  he is the brother of shannon the bitch, and Lockes hunting buddy.

AttA
RunningMn9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 08:24:39 PM »

Quote from: "AttAdude"
Thats not boon in the background, thats Sawyer.

I am such a touch-hole.  Of course Boone is sitting down. and Sawyer is in the back being detained.

I saw more screen caps from next week's episode.  I think that maybe Boone did some violence to Shannon or something.  I don't know.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 10:16:56 PM »

Is Sawyer being detained by cops, or airport security? If they're cops, I'd think that the two encountered each other much earlier than at the airport or on the plane ride. Makes their histories that much more interesting.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I thought that the toy plane once belonged to Kate's husband, who was a pilot. That's what popped into my head.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: