http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 06:50:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost(spoilers)  (Read 786 times)
gameoverman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:43:19 AM »

Great episode.   First let me start by saying that seeing the 'monster' was indeed a major letdown like many had predicted.  I would have preferred a dinosaur to smoke and mirrors.  However, I'm more glad they bit the bullet and finally SHOWED us something, whatever it turns out to be.

But there was alot of meat to this show.  Eko's flashback was cool, not just because it reminded me of City of God, but because it was worthy of his character- badass.

I'm glad we got some clarification on Charlie.   His character has been going downhill for a long time now, it's nice knowing that was intended and not just poor acting or writing.

Kate and Sawyer...ugh that made me sick.  Instead of cutting his hair, they should have had her picking lice out of it.

Most interesting are two issues that were raised but not directly addressed.  Namely, no one offering to help Mike look for Walt and Locke changing the lock on the gun room.

What's Mike been waiting for?  Why didn't he try to recruit some volunteers or go alone, after grabbing a gun?  What has he been waiting for? It can't be that message on the computer since he didn't know he'd be getting it.  If it was me and by the next day after my return NO ONE offered help finding my son, F them I'm going alone.

Second, access to the guns themselves.   Eko knows they are there, so what's the point of changing the lock?  If I'm Eko and I want a gun, and you are the one standing between me and that gun,  you have put yourself in serious danger.  Better to let me have free access so that I have no reason to see you as a threat.  You don't want me to have a gun because you don't trust me?  Then why allow me in your camp to start with, does anyone think Eko needs a gun to kill someone?

Finally, I'm thinking the images in the smoke are psychic projections from the 'subject'.  Locke saw whatever that made him happy and now Eko has had the same experience.   That makes me doubt the purity(for want of a better word) of the vision, since an evil man has had it as well as a nonevil man(how else to characterize Locke?).  I think it's simply a reflection of some kind of idealized self-image inherent in both men.  I think the pilot was feeling mainly fear and pain when he saw it, so that's what he got back.

I predicted the cross being Eko's version of Kate's plane the second I saw it.  I also knew Charlie had that stash as soon as he started lying about that statue.  That predictability was offset by Eko's slick knife work, which I didn't see coming.

Finally

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 01:11:15 PM »

They've showed the smoke before...but i assumed that it was different from 'the monster'...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:48:18 PM »

I seem to remember in the episode where they all went after the TNT that Locke was attacked and almost dragged underground by that smoke monster. So he does'nt get alongas well as we think with it maybe.

As for Mike im pretty sick of that plot line and cant stand the kid. I find myself hoping they both die so I no longer hear Mike or anyone else say the word Walt again.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »

On Headline News this morning they showed the clip from the black smoke.The lightning flashes in the cloud were flashbacks of the guy standing there.

Ye Olde Farte
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:23:44 PM »

Yeah they showed the smoke before, but this time they showed that the smoke was what Locke saw and they showed what the smoke does(at least in part).  To me that counts as major reveals where Lost is concerned.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 11:23:08 PM »

Kate and Sawyer makes me gag, but I think she will come around.  I don't know what to think of the smoke thing.  Up to this point I was still holding out that there was nothing supernatural going on, but now the skies the limit.  (I have not watched from day one so I never saw the smoke critter before last night).  

I like the show and all but it is getting a little irritating in that it does not seem to be going anywhere.  The title of the show says it all.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 01:59:46 AM »

The fact that no one talks to anyone on that show(Mike not telling Jack he's contacted someone, if not his son, on the computer/Eko and Charlie apparently not telling anyone about the black cloud/etc) is what still really irritates me about this show.

I also don't like the way certain characters are, but that's not really a problem with the show per se.   Such as Charlie letting Eko bully him about that statue.  C'mon, what's Eko going to do on the beach there with Charlie's friends around?  Who the hell is Eko to boss Charlie around?  But spineless, idiot Charlie goes along with it, and waits till they are all alone out in the jungle to try to cop an attitude with Eko- lame.  It's hard to empathize with characters like that, Charlie is basically a waste of a character for me now.  He's got that stash of statues and I couldn't care less what he does with them.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 02:02:03 AM »

I'm also curious to know what the smoke sounds like to each of the survivors, because Eko's smoke sounded like machine gun fire, to me.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 11:51:10 PM »

I also find all the secrets irritating.  If I was stuck on an island with 40 people, with little to no hopes of being found, I'd share the important facts with people.  If I found a hatch, everyone would know.  If I saw a black cloud face to face, I'd share.  If I saw Walt appearing everywhere, I'd talk to Jack about possible dehydration, lol.  

Michael is the biggest irritation on the show.  WALT!  WALT!  STFU already, what are you, 10 year old?  Given what he knows of the 'others', he has to realize running in guns a blazing will only get him, and possibly Walt, killed.

I realize it makes the story tick, but all the lying and back stabbing is getting old.  Is it really so hard for people to tell the truth once in a while?

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 01:19:56 AM »

And it makes sense from a sheer logic point of view too.   They have NO tv, no internet, no movies, no music(I'm looking at you Charlie), or books.  They literally have nothing to do but talk to each other for crying out loud.

Fishing? Sure but you're talking while you do it.  Laundry? Sure but you're talking while you do it.  Sitting around the fire having dinner?  Sure, and guess what, you're all talking about the days events...and ALL the whacky events proceeding that, and how it might all fit together.   Jumpin' Jebus, it's driving me crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: