http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:40:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to get new speakers...looking at Spiffy Bose set  (Read 863 times)
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2005, 03:11:44 PM »

Since I moved into my new house which doesn't have a very large living room I have to downgrade to bookshelf speakers.

I already have a decent sub and a decent reciever so I just need 2 fronts the center and two rears (receiver only does 5.1 and I don't have money to spring for a new one) I'm looking to spend max 1,000 bucks on the setup.

My bro has Paradigm speakers not sure what model but they sound superb so I was looking at those mostly. Here's what I specked out let me know if it sounds good...

Titans for the front CC-170 for center (might go for the CC-270 depending on the price) and the ADP170's for the rear. I think this should run under a grand easy from what I've read online but I won't know till I actually go down to the local store.

Is there any other speakers around that price range that I should check out as well? I'll eventually upgrade it piece by piece later on starting with a new reciever but I'd like this to last me a few years. Also is it possible to ceiling mount these speakers? There isn't much room on the floor so that would be the best solution for me.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:34:33 PM »

You need to find Zaxxon!
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 07:28:46 PM »

Hmm how to get Zaxxon to read this thread.... Ahhh I know !!!! Time for a title change!!  :twisted:
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 08:06:45 PM »

A couple years ago I was searching for speakers too.  Zaxxon and Boudreaux pointed me to Paradigms.  I picked up 4 Cinema90's as my fronts and surrounds, a CinemaCC center and a PDR-10 for the sub.  My living room is fairly small, too, and I live in a condo so I don't really get a chance to work them out.  But they still sound fantastic and wouldn't hesitate to purchase Paradigms in the future.  rrmorton and lildrgn had a mulit-page thread recently about their quest for a home-theater set up.  rrmorton ended up with Paradigms too and a sweet amp.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 08:52:32 PM »

Ya I think Mort got the setup of doom... Me want!!! I'm pretty sure these are the speakers I'm gona get but just wanted to see if there was anything else to consider. Only other thing in that pricerange were the ones I found on this site. www.av123.com. I'd rather be able to actually look at the speakers before I buy em and I'm not a big fan of shiipping expensive stuff so that's not really a option.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 09:54:02 PM »

Quote from: "Octavious230"
Hmm how to get Zaxxon to read this thread.... Ahhh I know !!!! Time for a title change!!  :twisted:

I'd suggest posting on OO instead, he frequents there much more than here.

gellar
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 10:28:37 PM »

No highs, no lows... must be Bose! smile

I have some Energy speakers that run about as much as the Paradigms, and they are excellent.  I haven't A/B'ed them with Paradigms, so I can't say which are better, but they're much better than the Infinity speakers that they replaced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: