http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 09:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk Iphone  (Read 60195 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 11, 2013, 03:40:42 PM »

Although I hate the word "paradigm," to me true innovation would be, well, "what's next?" Even if I love my iOS products, I'm not convinced Apple's looking at "what's next" anymore. It's more, we did these two great things (iPhone, iPad), and let's iterate themselves to death.

imho, the problem with the iTunes/iOS and Android/Google market saturation is there's really no room for anyone else to come in and throw a successful curveball because folks don't want to invest in devices where they have to start over in terms of apps and content.

Wearables are interesting flim flammery but it doesn't seem like most folks expect them to take over the market.

I'd still like to see a holographic screen, or just an affordable device that projected a screen, without needing to be against a wall. I guess what I mean is if I could tap a button on my smartphone, and it'd project a larger screen when I need it, and then disappear when I don't, to me that would be useful innovation. Right now, it only seems to be in comic book movies.  icon_smile

As far as 5C/5S, I'd certainly consider 5S but would really want to read some more detailed reviews that should be out soon. And I'm sure the longer I wait, the more true 64-bit apps will be out there that really exploit the new chip and such.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1561 on: September 11, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »

Quote from: gellar on September 10, 2013, 04:15:26 PM

I really just want iOS7 to come out.

Same. Once iOS7 comes out the jailbreaking groups will release their latest hacks (they held back and didn't release much of anything in iOS6) and I can finally do things like organize the launcher how I want to. biggrin

Quote from: Lee on September 10, 2013, 06:41:58 PM

Neat phone, but I won't be running out to buy one a year short of my contract.

It's SO nice going contract free. And SO unbelievably cheaper in the long run, too.

That said, I'm going to keep my iPhone 5. The 5s is, just like the 4s, an incremental upgrade. A nice little upgrade, yes, but I'll still wait. We'll see what the iPhone 6 brings to the table. I hope they keep the 'small phone' concept - I for one love how small and tiny it is, despite having to buy a case for it to make it slightly larger and heavier. Go figure.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 11, 2013, 03:55:04 PM

It's SO nice going contract free. And SO unbelievably cheaper in the long run, too.

Which provider do you use?

I've been using StraightTalk for about a year with a CraigsList-purchased iPhone4.   I'm happy with the service but torn between paying the off-contract price for a new phone or sharing my mother's Verizon plan and getting a subsidized 5S.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 11, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »

Hands-on stuff from various places (Endgadget and LaptopMag includes some video from after Tuesday's event; I couldn't get Endgadget's to display on my iPhone, think it's Flash. Irony  icon_razz)

Laptopmag, setting up 5C's TouchID
http://blog.laptopmag.com/setup-fingerprint-reader-iphone5s
*Can't really "pull quote" this, it's a step-by-step guide w/ photos. You can use any finger but you're encouraged to use the one you use most often on the home button. Probably thumb or index finger for most. Perhaps pinky if you're channeling Dr. Evil.  thumbsup

Laptopmag, 5C
http://blog.laptopmag.com/apple-iphone-5c-hands-on
Although the iPhone 5c has a plastic back, it doesnít feel cheap. While not as solid as the aluminum of the iPhone 5s, it certainly feels like it can take a few knocks. Best of all, the glossy finish seemed to be pretty good at hiding fingerprints. Size-wise, the iPhone 5c offers the same dimensions as the iPhone 5 ó 4.9 x 2.33 x 0.35 inches, but is slightly thicker. And, at 4.65 ounces, a little heavier than the 3.95-ounce iPhone 5 and 5s.

Laptopmag, 5S
http://blog.laptopmag.com/apple-iphone-5s-hands-on
Setting up the fingerprint sensor was easy; tap your finger on the sensor a number of times until it registers the various details of your fingerprint. You can also enter several different fingers. After, opening the phone by holding our finger on the sensor took less than a second; itís certainly faster than entering a four-digit code. You can also use your fingerprint to make iTunes purchases. Hopefully, this security feature will be extended to other things, such as logging into websites.

On the back, a dual LED flash enables more even lighting when taking photos in dark conditions, and the new burst mode in the camera app was fun to use. Press and hold on the shutter button, and it fires off up to 10 shots per second (a little counter appears above the button, showing how many shots youíve taken). Cleverly, after youíre done shooting, the Photo app will show you what it thinks is the best picture from all those you shot; you can then scroll through all the photos using a slider just beneath.

Endgadget, 5C
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/apple-iphone-5c-hands-on/
Apple repeatedly mentioned during its event that it's "unapologetic" about the plastic build, and deservedly so -- not only does it feel great, it's the most solid polycarbonate build that we've ever laid hands on. There is absolutely nothing about this setup that makes us believe it's not capable of handling wear and tear, and the reinforced steel frame convinces us that it's even going to survive falls without a problem.

Speaking of which, the 5c has a glossy finish, but we were quite happy to find that it's not the fingerprint magnet that we've come to expect on other devices. It sufficiently handled the greasy fingerprints of a couple hundred journalists, so we doubt you need to be concerned about this phone looking dirty when it's just you handling it. In fact, it has a subtle shine to it that serves to complement the vibrant colors.

Endgadget, 5S
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/apple-iphone-5s-hands-on/
The iPhone 5s' defining feature, frankly, is the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. The device is now capable of detecting the unique ridges in your fingertips, allowing you to bypass the passcode completely, not to mention downloading and purchasing apps and iTunes content. It's able to store up to five individual fingerprints, which is helpful if you have multiple people in your family who want to use the same device. Once everything is set up, the unit we played with worked flawlessly, as all we had to do was place our finger on the button to unlock the screen. It made for a much faster and enjoyable experience, one that will likely appease plenty of users who aren't happy with the idea of putting passcodes on their phone.

The only tedious part of the whole process was actually getting it set up in the first place. Since the contours of your finger are three-dimensional, the phone asked us to place our fingers on the button several times and in several angles -- sometimes we could lay our finger flat on it, while other times we were prompted to roll the finger to the left or right. Even then, it only took about a minute to get everything set.

Also, the gold 5s color is actually pretty nice. It's lined with white on the top and bottom, and the gold itself is a rather subtle color; it's not going to blind anybody when you take it out of your pocket. It has a little bit of a shine to it as well, depending on which angle you hold the phone at. The white version is basically the same as we've enjoyed on the iPhone 5, and the space grey is more of a gunpowder look, with black highlights on the top and bottom.

Apple Insider first look
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/10/first-look-apples-new-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c
[5C] Dimensions are identical to the outgoing flagship handset, though we were once again surprised by the device's heft, or more specifically lack thereof. While light in the hand, the structure is just as solid as the iPhone 5, with similar button and switch feel.

As for the integrated fingerprint sensor, dubbed Touch ID, the module isn't obtrusive and blends in nicely with the iPhone's sleek lines. The home button's familiar square icon is gone, replaced by a blank sapphire covering that is encircled by a stainless steel ring used to detect finger contact. AppleInsider's predictions as to the importance of the metal ring, made last week, were confirmed with today's announcement.

The home button is almost flush with the unit's faceplate, though the steel ring is slightly beveled, possibly to protect the sapphire cover from being scratched.
Although it boasts a shell made of polycarbonate, the 5c felt extremely solid and substantial in our hands; it didn't feel "cheap" or "plasticky" as some feared. The casing is shiny, as can be seen from the pictures, but not overly polished like some other handsets on the market.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:53:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 11, 2013, 08:53:56 PM »

Blargh, I forgot I got my iPhone 5 w/ new 2 year contract just about a year ago, so like some other folks here I'd have to buy a 5S non-subsidized ($849). While I could, I'd probably just as soon throw that type money towards the latest iPad possibly launching later this year instead. And then let's see what Sept. 2014 brings.

MacWorld has a more in-depth look at the 5C/5S:

The iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c: What you need to know
http://www.macworld.com/article/2048570/the-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-what-you-need-to-know.html

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1565 on: September 11, 2013, 09:33:05 PM »

I'm on AT&T, and one year in on an iPhone 5 and two year contract. My quoted price from Apple is $549. Still too much for this year.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 11, 2013, 10:11:36 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on September 11, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

I'm on AT&T, and one year in on an iPhone 5 and two year contract. My quoted price from Apple is $549. Still too much for this year.

Don't both AT&T and Verizon have new buy earlier than 2 years options now? Each month owned counts towards a lower fee or something?
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:14 PM »

Quote from: Lee on September 11, 2013, 10:11:36 PM

Quote from: Fireball1244 on September 11, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

Don't both AT&T and Verizon have new buy earlier than 2 years options now? Each month owned counts towards a lower fee or something?

I don't think that kicks in until one year into the contract and doesn't make much difference until you approach the two year anniversary.

I ran the numbers - if I buy an unlocked 5s for $649 and stay with Straight Talk I pay $1657 over two years.  If I get Verizon's quoted trade-in value for my iPhone4 and share my mom's plan I pay $1770 over two years.  My work phone is a Verizon phone and the coverage is noticeably better than the re-sold AT&T coverage on Straight Talk.

Looks like I'm going with Verizon.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 11, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »

Didn't apple recently start its own iDevice trade-in program? I remember reading you have to do it in an Apple store, and have to be ready to swap to a new phone right then and there.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 11, 2013, 11:06:56 PM

Didn't apple recently start its own iDevice trade-in program? I remember reading you have to do it in an Apple store, and have to be ready to swap to a new phone right then and there.

Yes

My 8GB iPhone4 is worth a $130 Apple gift card.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 12, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »

Quote from: Exodor on September 11, 2013, 11:10:03 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on September 11, 2013, 11:06:56 PM

Yes

My 8GB iPhone4 is worth a $130 Apple gift card.

My iPhone 5 is worth $285 (it got very wet, but still works perfectly after a few days in a bag of rice. Stupid FL storms). I could buy a 5s pretty easily with the 5 worth that much. Too bad you can't just walk into the store and get the credit right there. I would be scared that if I bought a 5s my 5 would lose value by the time I sold it.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1571 on: September 12, 2013, 02:56:01 AM »

Quote from: Exodor on September 11, 2013, 05:47:54 PM

Which provider do you use?

I've been using StraightTalk for about a year with a CraigsList-purchased iPhone4.   I'm happy with the service but torn between paying the off-contract price for a new phone or sharing my mother's Verizon plan and getting a subsidized 5S.

T-Mobile and their special 'web only' deal. Yes I had to buy the phone up front. Yes I can't get any insurance through the plan. But for $30 a month (plus about $3 in taxes) I get 100 minutes (but unlimited wi-fi calling), 'unlimited' (5GB before they slow you down) internet, and unlimited texting. Although the plan is only really useful if you're in a major city that has good coverage on just their towers (or so they say).

So while everyone is paying $80 (what my Sprint bill was after an employee discount) or a lot more (I know my brother pays over $100 with his discount), I'm getting back the cost of the phone in about a year. And then saving oodles of money if I say, keep it for two (most contract durations).

Also, $285 in Apple credit for the iPhone 5 (which model though)? Wow.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1572 on: September 12, 2013, 03:27:44 AM »

Not necessarily - my Nokia, for instance, is a $599 phone (off-carrier).

They ran a promo back when I got it that had it for 0$ and I had to pay $55/mo for unlimited local and long distance to N/A, unltd text/mms, and 6GB/mo for three years.

55*36 months = 1980-600(phone "price") = 1380 for the plan - or 38.33 / mo

Then I noticed their non-data 2yr plans.

30/mo for 200 daytime minutes, unltd long distance, unltd evenings/weekends, unltd sms/mms texts for 30/mo *24 mo +30 for the initial cost of the phone.

$720 - 570 (for the phone "cost" +30 upfront) = $6.25/mo for my service. (sure, tack on the 30 over 24 months - 7.30?)

Since my data use is almost exclusively WiFi (and my ISP has seeded many many retail locations with WiFi) it's worked out to be cheaper than buying the phone, then activation costs and paying for service that would NEVER sell for 7bux a month.

Since my Lumia is *my* phone, and the cell number I use is for my work, I dropped their sim in it, and put the "plan" sim into my old 16GB 3GS which is being used by my GF.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:01 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2013, 02:56:01 AM

T-Mobile and their special 'web only' deal. Yes I had to buy the phone up front. Yes I can't get any insurance through the plan. But for $30 a month (plus about $3 in taxes) I get 100 minutes (but unlimited wi-fi calling), 'unlimited' (5GB before they slow you down) internet, and unlimited texting. Although the plan is only really useful if you're in a major city that has good coverage on just their towers (or so they say).

So while everyone is paying $80 (what my Sprint bill was after an employee discount) or a lot more (I know my brother pays over $100 with his discount), I'm getting back the cost of the phone in about a year. And then saving oodles of money if I say, keep it for two (most contract durations).

Do you get 4G through T-Mobile? 

StraightTalk is $42 a month for unlimited data (with a soft 2 GB cap) and unlimited voice/texts.  I don't get visual voicemail and I can't do MMS texting.  Data access on my iPhone4 is sometimes sketchy so I'm not convinced their 4G coverage will compete with Verizon's.  For ~$100 more over the course of a 2 year contract I'm probably going to switch to Verizon.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1574 on: September 13, 2013, 03:28:23 AM »

Quote from: Exodor on September 12, 2013, 03:35:01 AM

Do you get 4G through T-Mobile? 

Yes I do (live in the Phoenix metro area). And I see a noticeable speed increase when I'm in such a zone, so I know it's connecting and such.

Also, no, T-Mobile doesn't have a chance in competing with Verizon's network. For that extra $10 a month, odds are it'll be worthwhile for you.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: September 13, 2013, 11:06:58 PM »

Quote from: Exodor on September 10, 2013, 10:52:12 PM

Having seen some demos of the fingerprint reader it's pretty cool.  I don't use a unlock code because I'm fundamentally lazy but I like the idea of securing my phone but still being able to access it easily.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 09, 2014, 10:26:09 PM »

Guess nobody cares anymore but....

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/09/first-look-hands-on-with-the-new-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-featuring-apple-pay-and-reachability

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 09, 2014, 10:41:01 PM »

I'm so torn between the iPhone 6 Plus and the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Argh!  crybaby
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 09, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »

IN @ 4.7
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 09, 2014, 10:58:14 PM »

Yeah I'll get the iPhone 6 when its upgrade time. I'd really like battery life of the 6+, but thats just too fucking big of a phone.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:30 PM »

My wife is also in for the 4.7 6.  I'm happy with my jailbroke 5s for now, the watch is intriguing though.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 09, 2014, 11:34:31 PM »

Quote from: gellar on September 09, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Yeah I'll get the iPhone 6 when its upgrade time. I'd really like battery life of the 6+, but thats just too fucking big of a phone.

This, and the camera IS. I need to look at them, if I can fit in the 5.5 in a jean pocket comfortably I will get it, but I doubt that is possible.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 10, 2014, 12:51:24 AM »

Quote from: gellar on September 09, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Still smaller than:

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 10, 2014, 01:20:32 AM »

I'm likely in for a 6+ at the 64 GB level.  I still have 12 GB free on my 64GB (57 available) on my 4S.  But I want to actually experience the difference in size first.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 10, 2014, 01:57:49 AM »

Who in the world uses a phone to talk on anyways? smile For my next phone I would seriously consider just grabbing the LTE version of whatever the next Nexus 7 turns out to be.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1585 on: September 10, 2014, 02:24:13 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on September 10, 2014, 01:57:49 AM

Who in the world uses a phone to talk on anyways? smile For my next phone I would seriously consider just grabbing the LTE version of whatever the next Nexus 7 turns out to be.

I laughed and then thought of my time on my iPhone 5 - I don't talk on it at all...which is a good thing as I only have a 100 minute a month plan. LOL

The iPhone 6 Huge (as I'm jokingly calling it) is just too damn big. It's designed to be stored in a purse instead of a pocket. I'd be too afraid of breaking it when I sat down or something common. The iPhone 6...I dunno. I love my 5 simply because I think it's the perfect size - something small and easy to pocket and carry, but just big enough to actually do things on. The 6 breaks that.

I'll have to see it in person first before I jump in.

Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 10, 2014, 02:27:48 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on September 10, 2014, 01:57:49 AM

For my next phone I would seriously consider just grabbing the LTE version of whatever the next Nexus 7 turns out to be.

You must have very large pockets.

I have a 5S and it's about as big as I want my phone to get.  Hopefully by the time I'm ready to upgrade I'll be able to get another iPhone that's smaller than an iPad.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 10, 2014, 02:56:50 AM »

Well I wouldn't keep it in my pocket of course. Fortunately I live in Japan where there's nothing wrong with men walking around with man bags. smile
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 10, 2014, 03:25:53 AM »

The thing is... I run with my phone strapped to my arm. How the fuck would I run with this? Are they going to make a backpack for it with an integrated camelback or something? It's insanely huge.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:30 AM »

The 4.7 isn't that much bigger than the iPhone 5. I did the paper cutout thing to be sure.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1590 on: September 10, 2014, 05:14:35 AM »

I'm in for the iPhone 6, maybe the 128 GB model. Wish the screen was still 4", but I can live with 4.7".

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1591 on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »

Not a big enough jump for me. Happy with my current pokemon (pocket monster):

http://wmpoweruser.com/iphone-6-plus-vs-lumia-1520-spec-comparison/

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 10, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »

I left Apple after the 3GS so I'm biased but I'm pretty underwhelmed. The new iPhones' screen resolutions have a lower ppi than all of the new Androids (including the Nexus 5 which came out a year ago), they still use only 1GB of RAM and they still have that ridiculous 16GB base option. Seriously, how many years has it been since 16GB was the base? At least the screen is larger.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 10, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »

It will also still have the most polished apps, which is ultimately all I care about now.

I've owned many Amdroids and fine them fine, but when I switched from the Evo to the 4s r was night and day.

Later I switched my 4s for the HTC One, kept it for 13 days and traded for the 5S.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 10, 2014, 04:03:03 PM »

Quote from: gellar on September 10, 2014, 03:25:53 AM

The thing is... I run with my phone strapped to my arm. How the fuck would I run with this? Are they going to make a backpack for it with an integrated camelback or something? It's insanely huge.
buy the watch duh Tongue
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1595 on: September 10, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »

The iPhone 6+ actually negates running.

They're going to announce a HUVr case for it shortly. Then you can simply float on your phablet.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:15:08 PM by Purge » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 10, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »

For "pocket testing," folks might find this guy's PDF drawings useful:
http://photos.appleinsider.com/iPhone6_preorder_picker.pdf
*I was surprised the 5.5" Plus still fits in my pocket but it does jut up quite a bit (maybe an inch or so).

5C is only available as an 8GB "free with 2 year contract" model
5S is now only in 16 ($99) and 32GB ($149) models

For 6/6 Plus, they dropped the 32GB model and added a 128GB model so choices are 16, 64 and 128GB. I may go for the latter just to match my iPad Air. As always the GB numbers are a joke -- my 128GB iPad's really maybe 114GB; I've used up about 71GB to date.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1597 on: September 10, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »

They're not "a joke," but like all manufacturers, they are misleading. Computer markers define a gigabyte as 1,000,000,000 bytes. A computer defines a gigabyte as 1,073,741,824 bytes, thus the difference. On the Mac, Apple has switched the OS to using the marketing definition. I wonder why they haven't done that on iOS.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 10, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 10, 2014, 05:20:34 PM

For "pocket testing," folks might find this guy's PDF drawings useful:
http://photos.appleinsider.com/iPhone6_preorder_picker.pdf

Thanks for that!  I had already decided on the Plus, but this seals it further.  It fits really easily in the palm of my hand, the width is really not bad at all.

I suspect that the Plus is going to far outsell the 6, but it will be interesting to see.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1599 on: September 10, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »

I have the Note 3. About an hour after I got it, I forgot it was so huge and then wondered why I ever had a tiny screen before. I am all over the iphone 6 plus.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: