http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:55:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk Iphone  (Read 57358 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 16, 2012, 02:47:39 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 15, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

UPS driver came back around this afternoon.  iPhone 5 is in hand, restoring everything now.   icon_cool

How'd the device look?  I went to the store to pick one up and it was damaged.  There were no more retail boxes so I cancelled my order. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 16, 2012, 03:24:41 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 16, 2012, 02:47:39 AM

Quote from: Gratch on October 15, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

UPS driver came back around this afternoon.  iPhone 5 is in hand, restoring everything now.   icon_cool

How'd the device look?  I went to the store to pick one up and it was damaged.  There were no more retail boxes so I cancelled my order. 

Looked fine, nothing wrong that I could see. 

Not quite as excited this time around, as this one doesn't really have anything groundbreaking that I didn't already have before.  And since all my iGaming has moved to the iPad, this is mainly just for, you know, actual phone/email stuff.  Still, having 4G is awfully nice.  smile

My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »

ah..... did they totally get rid of the iTunes Plus upgrade option?  I don't see it anywhere, the FAQ link doesn't work, and some of my songs are still definitely protected with their DRM.  if I have to spend more and subscribe to Match just to get rid of the DRM I may just re-buy the albums off of Amazon on general principle, or maybe buy a bunch of CD-R's and covert them that way.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 10, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »

Surprised we don't have even a cynical thread about today's Apple announcements (iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iOS 7 [release date at least], iRadio, etc. etc.).

A few live blog links below. Should start up in just under 50 minutes (1 p.m. EST).

http://live.appleinsider.com/Event/Live_blog_from_Cupertino_Apples_iPhone_5S__iPhone_5C_unveiling

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/09/apple-iphone-liveblog-tomorrow/

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/liveblog-apple-to-brighten-everyones-day-on-10-september-at-10am-pdt/

http://live.cnet.com/Event/CNETs_Apple_Sept_10_event_live_blog

And this is pretty amusing from Cult of Mac:
What Its Like To Wait In Line For An Apple Event [Gallery]
http://www.cultofmac.com/244509/what-its-like-to-wait-in-line-for-an-apple-event-gallery/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:34:03 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 10, 2013, 04:15:26 PM »

I really just want iOS7 to come out.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1525 on: September 10, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »

I forget- if it's a pre-order, does Apple charge your card immediately or do they charge when shipped? I'm in for upgrading my iphone and my wife's iPhone, but can only pay for one today (get paid on Friday)

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 10, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on September 10, 2013, 04:32:38 PM

I forget- if it's a pre-order, does Apple charge your card immediately or do they charge when shipped? I'm in for upgrading my iphone and my wife's iPhone, but can only pay for one today (get paid on Friday)
Not an official answer, but this 2011 thread asking the same question about the iPhone released back then had various folks saying you're charged when it ships.

Does Apple charge your card when you pre-order or when it ships?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1239429

I want to hear more about the 5S before I commit. Although my brother and his teen kids have been fine with iPhone 4S's, I imagine the pink iPhone 5C might appeal to her (she's crazy about pink as a color, and I got her a pink phone case as one of her HS graduation gifts).

It's funny. The iPhone 5 is my first smartphone at all, and when I try my brother's 4S, it feels like a little toy. But he, my niece and nephew prefer its shorter size and find my iPhone 5's 1/2" taller screen "weird," and yet most of the world is pushing and shoving for 4.8-6" screen sizes that dwarf it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:48:11 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1527 on: September 10, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought Tongue

Mike Dunn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 10, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »

Quote from: gellar on September 10, 2013, 04:15:26 PM

I really just want iOS7 to come out.
At event, they said Sept. 18 (next wed.) is the iOS7 release date.

Phil Schiller's yakking about iPhone 5C now. Made w/ steel reinforced polycarbonate, blah blah. Same specs as iPhone 5 it seems, aside from an improved HD FaceTime front camera.

iPhone 5C pricing:
16GB, $99 w/ contract
32GB, $199 w/ contract
(no 64GB model)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:34:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:06 PM »

sweet. pre-order day is Friday biggrin

Mike Dunn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: September 10, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on September 10, 2013, 06:17:06 PM

sweet. pre-order day is Friday biggrin

isn't that the 5C? according to Apple's site it looks like 5S orders open the 20th.

Because I can,
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1531 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »

well, that's fucking stupid Tongue

Mike Dunn
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 10, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »

Neat phone, but I won't be running out to buy one a year short of my contract.

Really interested to see how the fingerprint reader works out. It could be the killer new feature if it's quick and reliable. Plus I am invested in a company that makes sapphire, so the more uses for the material the better.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »

Glad I didn't hold out for Apple to come out with a larger phone and keep me from moving to the beauty that is the Galaxy S4.  I've had iPhones ever since they came out with the first one, but after playing with an S4, I couldn't resist and made the switch.  Definitely love the phone more than any of the iPhones I had.  If they made one with the same screen size as the S4, I could maybe be convinced to go back, but Android is pretty stellar now.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 10, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 10, 2013, 06:53:13 PM

Glad I didn't hold out for Apple to come out with a larger phone and keep me from moving to the beauty that is the Galaxy S4.  I've had iPhones ever since they came out with the first one, but after playing with an S4, I couldn't resist and made the switch.  Definitely love the phone more than any of the iPhones I had.  If they made one with the same screen size as the S4, I could maybe be convinced to go back, but Android is pretty stellar now.

Meh, Android doesn't hold a candle to iOS and the Galaxy is too big. nod
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 10, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »

Quote from: Lee on September 10, 2013, 07:00:07 PM

I used to think like you on iOS.  It's come a long way and it is definitely better than iOS now.  I had tried an Android once before with the Motorola Droid 2 and felt like Android was behind back then (I was forced to switch from my iPhone because of work). 

The bigger, the better, too.  The iPhone feels like a toy in my hand now.  My giant, manly hands.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 10, 2013, 07:10:51 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 10, 2013, 07:06:50 PM

I used to think like you on iOS.  It's come a long way and it is definitely better than iOS now.  I had tried an Android once before with the Motorola Droid 2 and felt like Android was behind back then (I was forced to switch from my iPhone because of work). 

The bigger, the better, too.  The iPhone feels like a toy in my hand now.  My giant, manly hands.

I can understand why you like the bigger screen, just not my thing. The Galaxy is a beautiful phone.

I had a Nexus 7 earlier this year (it was defective so I returned it), and while I agree Android has come a long way, I found it a bit rough around the edges. If I need to install a mod just so I can rearrange bookmarks in Chrome, it's not for me.
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1537 on: September 10, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 10, 2013, 07:06:50 PM

I couldn't stand to have a phone that big.

Mike Dunn
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 10, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »

Definitely want to go 4S -> 5S. Just have to decide if I want to pay. Well, I did cancel my Xbone pre-order.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 10, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 10, 2013, 07:24:51 PM

Definitely want to go 4S -> 5S. Just have to decide if I want to pay. Well, I did cancel my Xbone pre-order.

I thought about taking the money from my cancelled Ps4 order, but I already re-allocated all that to PC upgrades.  I don't feel like spending $850 bucks on a new phone either....  oh well, the iPhone 6 will be better.

Because I can,
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:11 PM »

I'm terribly unimpressed with the 5S but I'll still upgrade from my 4 eventually.  I'm just not in a huge hurry and nothing announced about the 5S makes me want to get one ASAP.

Actually looking at the specs I may just go with the 5c.  It looks like the only improvements you get with the S are an incrementally faster processor and a slightly better camera.  I think I can sacrifice those for $100.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:46:11 PM by Exodor » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 10, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »

I'm impressed with the 5S chip specs, camera improvements and the fingerprint sensor (which may have more uses if devs can integrated it into their programs). But I've only had one smartphone (iPhone 5), so I don't think I bring with me the jaundiced viewpoint of many folks who just won't care until Apple "again" reinvents the cellphone -- I can see if I'd owned various models over the years, I probably would.

imho, wearables (headgear, smart watches etc.) are probably a dead end. Maybe smartphones and tablets are a dead end as well. Maybe there really is no "...and one more thing" to wait for anymore. Maybe there just isn't any "re-invention" to be had, it's just a bunch of tech companies and designers flying in circles.

I suppose things can eventually get lighter and thinner, and you may end up with a paper sheet thickness cellphone that doubles as a letter opener. icon_razz
===================

Can I ask you experts a trade-in thing? Gazelle notes you should remove your smartphone's SIM card before trade-in. If I bought the iPhone 5S, would I want to just swap in my old SIM card? My 5 is my first ever smartphone so I don't have any prior experiences with SIM cards.

If so, I guess I'm wondering if I'd restore my old phone's stuff via iTunes to the new phone first, then put in the old SIM card, or vice-versa?

Stupid questions perhaps. I'm the SIM noob.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:54:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »

Quote from: Exodor on September 10, 2013, 07:32:11 PM

I'm terribly unimpressed with the 5S but I'll still upgrade from my 4 eventually.  I'm just not in a huge hurry and nothing announced about the 5S makes me want to get one ASAP.

Actually looking at the specs I may just go with the 5c.  It looks like the only improvements you get with the S are an incrementally faster processor and a slightly better camera.  I think I can sacrifice those for $100.

Really? Huge improvement in processing power. Once apps start taking advantage of it, it's going to make a big difference. still i am waiting for the 6 next year.

Camera's improvements are also pretty strong. Hardware wise, I think it's an impressive phone, but I think it will take awhile for the software to catch up.

New iPads are expected next month. My 3 is kind of slow, I am all over getting a new one if they have the same processor boost.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 10, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »

I'm on a 4S, so I'm in the wheelhouse for the upgrade, but I'll likely wait for the 6, assuming nothing untoward happens to my current phone.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 10, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »

Sigh... I knew it wasn't coming but still bummed at the lack of a bigger screen size. Oddly enough I am mildly tempted by the cheap 5c. If the S4 would drop to $99 this Fall, that would create a nice dilemma for me.... Or I may just suffer with my Razr for another 6-12 months....

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 10, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »

Quote from: JCC on September 10, 2013, 10:27:34 PM

Sigh... I knew it wasn't coming but still bummed at the lack of a bigger screen size. Oddly enough I am mildly tempted by the cheap 5c. If the S4 would drop to $99 this Fall, that would create a nice dilemma for me.... Or I may just suffer with my Razr for another 6-12 months....

Having seen some demos of the fingerprint reader it's pretty cool.  I don't use a unlock code because I'm fundamentally lazy but I like the idea of securing my phone but still being able to access it easily.

I'm still torn but I'm leaning back towards the 5s. 
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 11, 2013, 01:39:46 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 10, 2013, 09:09:38 PM

I'm on a 4S, so I'm in the wheelhouse for the upgrade, but I'll likely wait for the 6, assuming nothing untoward happens to my current phone.

I'm on a 4S too, and my contract will be up next month. I have no plans to upgrade though -- I plan to have it unlocked and go pre-paid.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 11, 2013, 04:14:38 AM »

I'm really glad the thing isn't any bigger - some of the android phones look really nice, but they are just too damn big for a phone (for me).

I'm on 4S and trying to decide if the 5S is worth the extra $100 over the 5C.  I'm sorta leaning towards yes (the best camera I can get is a big selling point for me).  I also always figure it's a good idea to get the fastest thing I can since I'll have it for 21 months or whatever it ends up being.

Anyone had any experience trading a phone in with Verizon?  They are saying $200 for the 4S, which seems like a ton... determining the value of the phone is kind of strange though - it says 'is the LCD unbroken and can you navigate to the home screen with no dead spots, etc', and then has a separate question 'is anything else broken, like the screen, blah blah'.  My phone sort of falls into both of those - the front glass is cracked in the bottom corner, but it doesn't reach into the screen itself, and it works perfectly normally... so does that count as the LCD being broken, or not?

I have had the thing since Dec 2011, and I dropped it and cracked it last week.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1548 on: September 11, 2013, 04:27:20 AM »

Quote from: kratz on September 11, 2013, 04:14:38 AM

I'm really glad the thing isn't any bigger - some of the android phones look really nice, but they are just too damn big for a phone (for me).

I'm on 4S and trying to decide if the 5S is worth the extra $100 over the 5C.  I'm sorta leaning towards yes (the best camera I can get is a big selling point for me).  I also always figure it's a good idea to get the fastest thing I can since I'll have it for 21 months or whatever it ends up being.

Anyone had any experience trading a phone in with Verizon?  They are saying $200 for the 4S, which seems like a ton... determining the value of the phone is kind of strange though - it says 'is the LCD unbroken and can you navigate to the home screen with no dead spots, etc', and then has a separate question 'is anything else broken, like the screen, blah blah'.  My phone sort of falls into both of those - the front glass is cracked in the bottom corner, but it doesn't reach into the screen itself, and it works perfectly normally... so does that count as the LCD being broken, or not?

I have had the thing since Dec 2011, and I dropped it and cracked it last week.

Not to derail the iPhone thread, but is that "best camera phone", or "best camera on an iPhone platform"? There are other options, and the criteria you mentioned was my very concern when I went over to the Lumia 920.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 11, 2013, 04:36:36 AM »

'best camera in a phone I will buy'
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 11, 2013, 04:47:43 AM »

Seriously with those of you rocking the Galaxy S3/S4 size (or larger) phones... what size waist are you guys?  I genuinely cannot fit one of those things in my pocket comfortably.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 11, 2013, 05:04:20 AM »

I had no idea you could trade in a phone directly to Verizon, but I'm pretty sure that would count as broken. Probably just best to wait the extra months until you are up for upgrade, no?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 11, 2013, 05:10:13 AM »

Quote from: gellar on September 11, 2013, 04:47:43 AM

Seriously with those of you rocking the Galaxy S3/S4 size (or larger) phones... what size waist are you guys?  I genuinely cannot fit one of those things in my pocket comfortably.

I've got the Lumia 920, which looks to be roughly the same size as a S4, and I wear either a 34 or 36 inch waist, depending on the cut.  I find it usually fits in my front left pocket just fine, with a very slim wallet and keys in the front right.  now that I think about it I don't use my back pockets very often unless I have a foldable document or a pen to shove in them... even when I carry a folding knife it is with one of the front pockets.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 11, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »

Quote from: gellar on September 11, 2013, 04:47:43 AM

I've got a Galaxy Note and I'm a pretty slim person. I think my jeans waist size is between 30 and 32. It fits in my front pocket just fine. I don't even know it's there. Maybe you need to stop rocking those tight hipster pants? smile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 11, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

Hands on from Engadget

5C
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/apple-iphone-5c-hands-on/
Apple repeatedly mentioned during its event that it's "unapologetic" about the plastic build, and deservedly so -- not only does it feel great, it's the most solid polycarbonate build that we've ever laid hands on. There is absolutely nothing about this setup that makes us believe it's not capable of handling wear and tear, and the reinforced steel frame convinces us that it's even going to survive falls without a problem.

Speaking of which, the 5c has a glossy finish, but we were quite happy to find that it's not the fingerprint magnet that we've come to expect on other devices. It sufficiently handled the greasy fingerprints of a couple hundred journalists, so we doubt you need to be concerned about this phone looking dirty when it's just you handling it. In fact, it has a subtle shine to it that serves to complement the vibrant colors.

Can we agree the 'Connect 4 game' style 4C case is ridiculous? What were they smoking? saywhat

5S
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/apple-iphone-5s-hands-on/
But what is that ring there for? The iPhone 5s' defining feature, frankly, is the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. The device is now capable of detecting the unique ridges in your fingertips, allowing you to bypass the passcode completely, not to mention downloading and purchasing apps and iTunes content. It's able to store up to five individual fingerprints, which is helpful if you have multiple people in your family who want to use the same device. Once everything is set up, the unit we played with worked flawlessly, as all we had to do was place our finger on the button to unlock the screen. It made for a much faster and enjoyable experience, one that will likely appease plenty of users who aren't happy with the idea of putting passcodes on their phone.

The only tedious part of the whole process was actually getting it set up in the first place. Since the contours of your finger are three-dimensional, the phone asked us to place our fingers on the button several times and in several angles -- sometimes we could lay our finger flat on it, while other times we were prompted to roll the finger to the left or right. Even then, it only took about a minute to get everything set.
The gold... ER, champagne color is apparently pretty nice and subtle. Performance is apparently quite zippy although until sites can run 64-bit apps, it might be hard to judge the benefit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:18:43 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1555 on: September 11, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »

Actually, Apple calls the gold color "Gold", not champagne. smile

I'm on an iPhone 5, so I'm not due for an upgrade, but this is a pretty standard degree of iPhone evolution. I'd love to have the new camera. The "S" releases tend to consist of an improved camera and one other major feature. In fact, most iPhone releases only have a couple of hallmark features.

iPhone 3G: 3G radio, assisted GPS and a faster processor.

iPhone 3GS: improved camera with video capabilities, faster processor, more RAM and VoiceControl.

iPhone 4: new glass body design with antenna ring, the retina display, improved camera with flash, VGA front camera, A4 processor and more RAM.

iPhone 4S: improved camera with 1080p video capabilities, new screen coating, A5 dual-core processor and Siri.

iPhone 5: new metal body design, larger screen, LTE radio, improved front camera, noise canceling mics, A6 processor and more RAM.

iPhone 5S: improved camera with dual flash, finger print security detector, M7 motion co-processor, A7 64-bit processor.

I'm glad the 5S isn't bigger. I'm afraid that the 6 will be, however, and that's likely to be my next phone.

My only disappointment is that the iPhone 5C starts at $99. I was hoping the 5C would cover the $0 and $99 price points, and the 5S would be the $199, $299 and $399 options. While the 5C is basically a redesigned iPhone 5, it'd be nice if Apple's entire iPhone line was "new". Perhaps next year with the 6 models.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 11, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »

Quote from: gellar on September 11, 2013, 05:04:20 AM

I had no idea you could trade in a phone directly to Verizon, but I'm pretty sure that would count as broken. Probably just best to wait the extra months until you are up for upgrade, no?

Oh, I can upgrade now... (2 years isn't 2 years with Verizon)

I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile to trade in at the same time.

It sounds broken to me, but the exact statements are a bit strange.  Apparently if I say that it's cracked, it still says my trade in is $200... which can't be right.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 11, 2013, 02:57:23 PM »

Also, this just in (according to various reports), the China market wanted a crappy, dirt cheap (w/o contract) phone with the Apple logo on it. The 5C is NOT it (reports are the price in China will be something like $733 w/o contract), and they're not happy, so Apple's probably not going to sell a zillion phones there even if it did finally get one of the largest China carriers to finally sign on.

Although I understand why, not making the fingerprint sensor available to devs is a little disappointing to me.

I love my iPhone 5, and it seems puzzling to me that the Fastest Selling iPhone Ever is getting put to pasture so quickly, even if the 5S/5C clearly are following its DNA, so to speak.

My teen niece and nephew are already playfully badgering me about giving one of them my iPhone 5 if I get a 5S. Family vs. $300+ trade-in value, hmmm...

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1558 on: September 11, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 11, 2013, 02:57:23 PM

Also, this just in (according to various reports), the China market wanted a crappy, dirt cheap (w/o contract) phone with the Apple logo on it. The 5C is NOT it (reports are the price in China will be something like $733 w/o contract), and they're not happy, so Apple's probably not going to sell a zillion phones there even if it did finally get one of the largest China carriers to finally sign on.

Yeah, I had expected the pricing for the no-contract 5C to be $100 to $150 less than it is. It does seem to be a missed opportunity. Perhaps the 5C should have been a repackaged 4S with the 5's screen at the lower price point.

Although I understand why, not making the fingerprint sensor available to devs is a little disappointing to me.

I expect that to be part of iOS 8. Apple probably wants to work out all the functionality hiccups first (and get people comfortable with fingerprint scanning).

I love my iPhone 5, and it seems puzzling to me that the Fastest Selling iPhone Ever is getting put to pasture so quickly, even if the 5S/5C clearly are following its DNA, so to speak.

Except that it wasn't -- the iPhone 5C *is* the iPhone 5, for all intents and purposes, just with a new case and slightly better front camera.

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 11, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »

I got an HTC One in the last 2 weeks and it fits in my pocket just fine. I went from a Nexus one which was a 3.5 inch to a Galaxy S2 and size kind of scared me and my wife who had an iPhone 4. But after using it for awhile I can't go back to a smaller screen. The HTC One is actually a little longer than I would probably like I would say a 4.5 inch screen is the sweet spot for me. But the phone is amazing in many ways so I'm happy with my choice.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: