http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 09:05:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk Iphone  (Read 58517 times)
LoneStarSpur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: March 09, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 09, 2011, 06:04:22 PM

according to Macrumors, iOS 4.3 is out now.

"With a bevy of new features, bugfixes and sweet, sweet Safari speed improvements, you pretty much can’t lose…unless you have a VZ iPhone or  iPhone 3G that is."

Does this mean that this update is not for the Verizon iPhone 4?

Did a little research and it seems to be true. Guess I can quit hitting the 'check for updates' button now.  icon_lol

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 09, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on March 09, 2011, 07:11:16 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on March 09, 2011, 06:41:38 PM

Hey guys is there a way to transfer the iOS 4.3 download from one computer to another so that I don't have to download it on 2 machines at home?  (one for me and one for wife).

Need to find the ipsw, I think it is in user\Your User\AppData\(either roaming or local)\Apple Computer\Itunes

....somewhere around there.

Thank you sir, I will look around there!!
GuidoTKP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 09, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on March 09, 2011, 04:07:37 PM

I hosed my Droid X and got a iPhone 4 yesterday.

I have to say that being trapped in the Walled Garden ain't all that bad. Damn thing works every time I do something with it. While I certainly miss some Android stuff, I'm getting used to the iPhone really quickly.

I have been assimilated.  icon_biggrin

It's the sweet, sweet battery life that tempts me ....
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 09, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on March 09, 2011, 04:07:37 PM

I hosed my Droid X and got a iPhone 4 yesterday.

I have to say that being trapped in the Walled Garden ain't all that bad. Damn thing works every time I do something with it. While I certainly miss some Android stuff, I'm getting used to the iPhone really quickly.

I have been assimilated.  icon_biggrin

WELCOME to the Collective, Lonestar!  Your membership card is in the mail.  Please be prepared to defend the Collective against all haters.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 10, 2011, 04:45:02 PM »

Thanks for the welcome, rittchard! I plan on scanning in my membership card and using it as my avatar all over the internet.

I now have an "Apple" folder for my browser bookmarks. I find myself wondering how much the price on an iPad 1 will fall now that the 2 is out. And I'm wondering if WOW will run on a Mac.

Life in the Garden is peaceful.

Oh, and the battery life on the iPhone 4 is awesome (compared to the Droid X).

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 11, 2011, 12:43:27 AM »

WoW runs pretty well on OSX and gives you the added bonus of being able to control iTunes from within the game.  Just sayin slywink.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 18, 2011, 12:55:27 AM »

the company behind 'No More Heroes' is getting into iPhone cases.  Cockroach Maiden is kinda creepy, but I know people who'd love to get the other one.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 27, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »

the white iPhone 4 finally arrives tomorrow.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:28 PM »

Good.  That will improve availability for the iPhone 5 when it comes out at the end of summer and all those people are locked into a contract just to get a white case.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 27, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »

I'm waiting for the iPhone 6, which if you believe the rumors, will have 3 screens, 3D, a laser for eye surgery on the run, a pop-up microwave oven, and a built-in jumbo size vibrator. Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Fabulous

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 27, 2011, 07:19:16 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 27, 2011, 07:00:23 PM

I'm waiting for the iPhone 6, which if you believe the rumors, will have 3 screens, 3D, a laser for eye surgery on the run, a pop-up microwave oven, and a built-in jumbo size vibrator. Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Fabulous

Jumbo? Interesting that you need jumbo sized.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 23, 2011, 08:06:43 AM »

before you get too excited, it's a fake, but damn if that doesn't look cool.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:11:35 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 23, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

Sad, but funny bit about the iPhone's role in a domestic squabble between the NY Times columnist and his estranged wife. Pointed out on Blue's....

David Pogue Allegedly Hits Wife With [her] iPhone [after she allegedly bit him during an argument]
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385718,00.asp
The fight between the Pogues began this past Monday, when Jennifer Pogue visited the family's Westport, Connecticut home on a night that Pogue claims was his for visitation rights. The Pogues, parents of three, are currently going through divorce proceedings. As a result, they've established a custody arrangement for their children and currently live in separate locations. Jennifer Pogue was allegedly returning from vacation and looking to pick up her three children at the house.

An argument allegedly began between the two, and Jennifer Pogue pulled out her iPhone to record the proceedings. David Pogue allegedly began struggling with Jennifer Pogue for the device and, when he wouldn't let go, David Pogue says that Jennifer Pogue bit him on the arm.

According to Jennifer Pogue, David Pogue followed her into one of the family's bedrooms and jumped on top of her and hit her on the head with the iPhone.
C'mon on. If you're gonna hit someone (or defend yourself), an iPad seems the way to go, right?  icon_twisted

Seriously though, I'd be worried about the kids.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:53:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 23, 2011, 03:11:44 PM »

CK, if that were the new form factor for the 5, I would seriously consider waiting for its release ... just to buy the 4 at reduced prices.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 23, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »

Now they're talking about curved glass screens like the iPod Nanos. 

ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: May 25, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »

The rumors get more absurd as there has been no information leaked on the 5th iPhone.  I do hope they announce something cool during the World Wide Developer's Conference.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 25, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »

They've already announced that they won't.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 25, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »

I heard there is not going to be an actual phone, but instead Steve Jobs will develop superspeed plus the ability clone himself and relay every conversation himself all over the world.

Because I can,
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 25, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »

Would he have an aluminum unibody design?

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 25, 2011, 02:49:20 PM

They've already announced that they won't.

If you don't consider iOS 5 to have the possibility of being cool, then you're right.

But it's iOS 5, not the next iPhone, that I'm watching to decide whether I will switch to another phone this summer when my contract is up.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 25, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »

Since this is the iPhone thread, I was tracking "something interesting" as the new device, which I am waiting for.  If you're talking about WWDC in general, I'm sure that there will be "something cool" announced.  But I have no plans to purchase a Mac or iPad, and am not really interested in the latest iOS update to make my iPhone 3G grind its gears any more than it does at present. 

The only reason I keep updating the base software is I'm sure that my apps will likely stop working after I update those if I don't. 

*This really reads snarkier than I intend it to.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 21, 2011, 11:28:28 AM »

Does anyone have a supplemental battery they would recommend for an iPhone?  The battery on mine just seems to be getting worse and worse, and is now barely making it through the day on a full charge.   Not a good thing when you need phone access 24/7.  icon_evil  There's a ton of batteries available that you can simply plug into the power port, but I'm not sure which one is any good.  TIA.

(Apologies if this has been discussed in the previous 28 pages...I didn't bother to look.)

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »

I'm partial to the ones from Monoprice, what with them being identical to the ones at places like Best Buy at 1/5 the price. smile
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »

I went the cable route.  I managed to pick up a number of cables and spares from meritline.com for $5 and under.  I have one at work, one at home, and I take one with me if I'm going to be out for a while so I can steal someone's USB port.  I also overpaid for a car adapter from Best Buy.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 21, 2011, 11:28:28 AM

Does anyone have a supplemental battery they would recommend for an iPhone?  The battery on mine just seems to be getting worse and worse, and is now barely making it through the day on a full charge.   Not a good thing when you need phone access 24/7.  icon_evil  There's a ton of batteries available that you can simply plug into the power port, but I'm not sure which one is any good.  TIA.

(Apologies if this has been discussed in the previous 28 pages...I didn't bother to look.)

I got this bad boy and LOVE it.  It has a huge capacity and can charge a # of different devices.  It also holds it's own charge for a long, long time so you don't have to really worry about plugging it in a ton.  It might be a bit overkill (I use it a lot for an iPad), but it's great.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP880-External-Blackberry/dp/B002YFDRHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311267744&sr=8-1
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: July 22, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »

Quote from: gellar on July 21, 2011, 05:04:07 PM

Quote from: Gratch on July 21, 2011, 11:28:28 AM

I got this bad boy and LOVE it.  It has a huge capacity and can charge a # of different devices.  It also holds it's own charge for a long, long time so you don't have to really worry about plugging it in a ton.  It might be a bit overkill (I use it a lot for an iPad), but it's great.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP880-External-Blackberry/dp/B002YFDRHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311267744&sr=8-1

My wife has the lower model - New Trent ifuel IMP500. Came in handy while travelling or when she forgets to charge her phone.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 11, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »

some predictive renederings of the iPhone 5 based off leaked case designs.  now I know until Apple reveals the actual unit it's all rumors, but I'm kinda hoping they are close on this one 'cause they're damned sexy.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 12, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »

Macrumors is reporting that Apple's fall media event will take place on September 7th.  also, rumors of an iCloud based iPhone are swirling.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 12, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »

Although I love my iPod Touch 4th Gen, I almost find it too thin. I've dropped it (just on my desk) sometimes simply because there isn't enough to grasp firmly. So I'd almost caution Apple, "Hey, make the iPhones thinner but keep it thick enough they're comfortable to securely grasp." icon_smile

I think what Futurists web sites sometimes don't consider when doing drawings is "hey, do they actually have the technology to fit in something this thin or are we just being wishful?" So they'll posit things like a business-card thickness tablet for example.

I've wanted to get an iPhone 4 or an iPad 2 or both or something (and I've looked at competitors to both), but I too would like to wait and see what September-October brings first. Probably not what Apple wants -- they want my money NOW, right? -- but I'm fine staying put and seeing what the Fall brings (or doesn't). icon_smile

The rumor sites seem to anticipate nothing for the Touch except possibly a white version (whoopee). If they even found a way to make the 4th gen Touch's lousy still camera mediocre (say, 1.3 or 2 megapixel instead of something like .7 MP) or add auto-focus to it, I'd be crazy enough to upgrade to that. Doesn't seem to be in the cards though.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 18, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »

Hey gang, ATT is removing their $10/1000 text plan on Aug 21 (3 days!!), so if you were going to downsize your unlimited plan when iOS 5 and iMessage comes out this Fall, you better do it now or you won't have a chance to.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/18/att-eliminating-10-text-messaging-plan-for-new-customers/
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 25, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »

more Sprint rumors.  I'm hoping they're right this time since I'm probably going to have to switch to Sprint soon.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 25, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2011, 03:12:58 PM

more Sprint rumors.  I'm hoping they're right this time since I'm probably going to have to switch to Sprint soon.

Supposedly T-Mobile will be getting the 5 as well.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 01, 2011, 02:36:48 PM »

again?  maybe Gizmodo bought this one too.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 01, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »

on another note I noticed that you can now redownload any of your purchased music from the iTunes store-  when the heck did that become available?

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 01, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2011, 03:06:39 PM

on another note I noticed that you can now redownload any of your purchased music from the iTunes store-  when the heck did that become available?

Sometime since the announcement of iCloud at WWDC, that's one of the new features that you could use now...works with apps and tv shows too.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 27, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »

10/4 is the official announcement event date:

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/27/apple-issues-invitations-for-october-4th-iphone-media-event/
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »

IN!! Cabbage Patch Bring your own! bowdown

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 27, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 27, 2011, 05:31:21 PM

+1
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 27, 2011, 06:24:54 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 27, 2011, 06:13:36 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 27, 2011, 05:31:21 PM

+1

+1. You can watch it live on iOS and Mac devices, yeah?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 27, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »

Except for that whole "having to work" thing...?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: