http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:54:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knight Rider - tonight on NBC  (Read 2790 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2008, 06:21:51 PM »

My poor childhood memories...

Quote from: NBC.com
This two-hour movie event, based on the iconic 1980's hit television series, stars Justin Bruening ("All My Children"), Deanna Russo ("The Young and the Restless"), Sydney Tamiia Poitier ("Veronica Mars," "Grindhouse") and Bruce Davison ("Breach," "Close To Home"). In addition, David Hasselhoff (NBC's "America's Got Talent") -- who starred in the popular lead role as Michael Knight for four seasons during the original series' run -- returns as the same character during a special guest-star appearance.

As the original story resumes, the new KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) is absolutely the coolest car ever created: its supercomputer capable of hacking almost any system; its weapons systems efficient; and its body -- thanks to its creator's work and nanotechnology -- is capable of actually shifting shape and color. Plus, its artificial intelligence makes it the ideal good cop partner: logical, precise and possessing infinite knowledge. It is the ultimate car -- and someone will be willing to do anything to obtain it.

The three cars featured in the series include the KITT Hero -- a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR that is playing the part of the everyday Hero car with 540 horsepower; the KITT Attack -- a super high-speed version of the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR Hero car that transforms into Attack mode with the help of air-ride technology and specialized body parts -- and a KITT Remote, which is a driverless Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR version of the Hero vehicle.

Sarah Graiman is a 24-year old Ph.D candidate at Stanford University, following in her genius father Charles' (Davison) footsteps. But when men attempt to abduct her, Sarah receives a mysterious call from KITT warning her that he's a creation of Charles, who also invented the first KITT 25 years ago -- and that her father is in serious danger.

Sarah and KITT track down her best friend from childhood, Mike Tracer (Bruening), a 23-year-old ex-Army Ranger, whom Sarah hasn't seen since he left home at 18. Having served in Iraq, Mike is now jaded and lost and initially resistant. Eventually he agrees to help Sarah and the two set out to discover who's behind the attempt to procure KITT and find Charles. Along the way, Carrie Rivai (Poitier) plays the agile yet tough FBI agent who has a long-standing friendship with Charles and Sarah. Due to those ties, she is brought into the mix to help in the search.

Credits: Dave Bartis ("Heist") and Doug Liman ("Mr. & Mrs. Smith") serve as executive producers. David Andron is supervising producer and writer. Steve Shill ("Dexter" "The Tudors"), also a co-producer, directs the two-hour movie from Universal Media Studios and Dutch Oven Productions.

To watch or not to watch... If I watch what must be a train wreck, then there's a chance it might be developed into a full TV series. If I don't watch, I never get to see said train wreck in the first place...

Thoughts?

EDIT: Movie poster attached below - apparently my source didn't like the hotlinking.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »

I got my DVR set to record it.  I'd say watch it, it's not like you have anything better to do tonight  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:35:21 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on February 17, 2008, 06:21:51 PM

Quote from: NBC.com
Sydney Tamiia Poitier ("Veronica Mars," "Grindhouse")

To watch or not to watch...

The answer is clearly "to watch."

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 10:21:35 PM »

watch...it very well might suck, but if you don't watch and it turns out to be worthwhile, you will have missed out and may not get another chance.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:41:54 PM »

Quote from: disarm on February 17, 2008, 10:21:35 PM

watch...it very well might suck, but if you don't watch and it turns out to be worthwhile, you will have missed out and may not get another chance.

There is literally no chance it will be worth while though. The original show was really bad when I was 13, a bad remake won't be better 24 years later.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:06:44 AM »

I used to love watching Viper.  Anyone else watch that show?  Sort of a Knight Rider for the late '90s.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:07:57 AM »

Quote from: disarm on February 17, 2008, 10:21:35 PM

Well, first off it is going to suck, but if it doesn't do you really imagine that in this day and age of constant repeats and transfers to DVD that you wouldn't get a second chance to see it?  It's not like there's a lot of freshly written shows going to take it's time spot (or the 20 others that are all showing reruns).  

Sandwiches do fix everything.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »

I would almost rather pay to go watch Jumper than see this for free.  Pass!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 01:31:56 AM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on February 18, 2008, 12:22:14 AM

I would almost rather pay to go watch Jumper than see this for free.  Pass!

Jumpers actually pretty fun.

wow, what are the odds?  the director of Jumper is one of the executive producers of Knight Rider  icon_lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:35:55 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 04:02:38 AM »

well that was a snooze.  nothing dumb, just pretty boring.

Because I can,
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 04:07:55 AM »

yeah....I mean the car was cool...but...ummmmm...yeah that was about it.  I was wondering when the Hoff would appear.....and I was still disappointed when it happened.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 04:11:08 AM »

Most impressive part was that they got Kilmer all dubbed up in time.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 04:13:56 AM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on February 18, 2008, 04:11:08 AM

he sounded half asleep most of the time too.

Quote from: papasmurff on February 18, 2008, 04:07:55 AM

was wondering when the Hoff would appear.....and I was still disappointed when it happened.

yeah, a father hasn't seen his son in how long and that's all there is?

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 04:18:07 AM »

SPOILERS below...
Had some let downs..his dad not doing anything when he shows up, his mom had to die?.should'nt have, was like one big Ford commercial (I mentioned to the wife all the cars in it seem to be Fords.).

Otherwise we enjoyed it and would watch a series. Seems to have a full world focus now since they went to Progue was it? Neat. Love the car. totally forgot it was Val Kilmer doing KITTs voice . Needed more action.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 04:19:38 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 18, 2008, 04:13:56 AM

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on February 18, 2008, 04:11:08 AM

he sounded half asleep most of the time too.

Yeah. Was trying to figure out if he was bored out his skull, or just trying to sound robotic. I'm guessing the director was going for the latter, as they made about twelve-hundred references to KITT being incapable of emotion.

It made decent enough background noise as I put together models, though. Can't complain too much.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 04:53:38 AM »

Just saw this thread. Set my DVR to record it. I liked the original Knight Rider.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 05:01:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 18, 2008, 04:02:38 AM

well that was a snooze.  nothing dumb, just pretty boring.

pretty much my thoughts...nothing really bad about the show, but nothing great either.  for a premier that was supposed to catch viewer's attention and generate more interest, there was a definite lack of interesting story and action.  i really expected they would do more with a two-hour time slot.  that said, there was nothing lame enough to keep me from checking it out again if they decide to try a new series.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 06:55:43 AM »

On the plus side there were commercial breaks every 5 minutes. Oh wait thats not good.

Hey but come on....the Hoff showed up. That made it cool.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »

I sorta half-watched it as I was doing something else in the background. In doing so, I noticed the following:

1) The show wasn't terrible.
2) The show wasn't that great for a 2 hour 'premier'/movie.
3) They made plenty of connections to the old TV show.
4) The car is absurdly invulnerable now (short of being able to be hacked via wi-fi?!?)
5) Talk about one giant ass ad for Ford the entire time.

I have about as much hope as this turning into a decent TV series as the latest Terminator show has.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 01:50:52 PM »

Wow I feel like I wasn't watching the same episode as you guys.  It was just terrible!  I came in with low, low expectations--even if it was pretty bad I'd probably watch the series out of my love for the original--but this was beyond bad, just painful to watch.  The writing and acting was so bad it felt like I was watching the 3am drecks of television.

I made it through the first hour before the sour taste in my throat got too unbearable and I had to stop.

Then I looked on Netflix and found that the entire original series is available for instant download.  My wife and I watched the first hour of the original series' 2-hour premiere, and it was AWESOME!
dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »

I think if my dad ran out on my family 30 years ago, and suddenly shows up at my mom's funeral, I'd be going columbine on his ass. I don't think I'd be shaking his hand.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »

Hot lesbians, a 3some.... ok I admit they almost hooked me with the girl thing, but ....I suppose it is better than all the reality TV that is on now.

I'll stick with it for a while, but I don't see it lasting.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

Quote from: walTer on February 18, 2008, 04:40:15 PM

Hot lesbians, a 3some.... ok I admit they almost hooked me with the girl thing, but ....I suppose it is better than all the reality TV that is on now.

Huh? lesbians and a 3some on the show? If this is true, I'll delete it before I even watch it.

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »

Quote from: PaulBot on February 18, 2008, 08:03:02 PM

Huh? lesbians and a 3some on the show? If this is true, I'll delete it before I even watch it.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 01:29:55 AM »

Quote from: PaulBot on February 18, 2008, 08:03:02 PM

don't worry, there's some man on man buttsecks so you won't feel left out.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »

Laura and I agreed that it was kinda dull but was likely the big 'tie in' piece.  It'll be the next 2-3 shows that determine whether or not it goes anywhere.  We both had a laugh at the "Will I see you again?" because we both commented "Only later in the season when I'm inevitably kidnapped".

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 19, 2008, 12:37:59 PM

Laura and I agreed that it was kinda dull but was likely the big 'tie in' piece.  It'll be the next 2-3 shows that determine whether or not it goes anywhere.  We both had a laugh at the "Will I see you again?" because we both commented "Only later in the season when I'm inevitably kidnapped".

I vote Evil Michael Knight, Van Dyke included.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 12:48:20 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on February 19, 2008, 12:41:59 PM

I vote Evil Michael Knight, Van Dyke included.

YES!  Driving KARR no less. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »

We both had a laugh at the "Will I see you again?" because we both commented "Only later in the season when I'm inevitably kidnapped".

I was thinking 'whenever we need a ratings boost' myself.  of course it hasn't officially been picked up as a full series yet AFAIK.

Because I can,
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 19, 2008, 03:22:20 PM

We both had a laugh at the "Will I see you again?" because we both commented "Only later in the season when I'm inevitably kidnapped".

I was thinking 'whenever we need a ratings boost' myself.  of course it hasn't officially been picked up as a full series yet AFAIK.
While it's not official, I'm sure there will be some kind of announcement shortly after the Nielsens have been released.  I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either.  The thing that drove me nuts was that Val Kilmer didn't give KITT any personality.  Even in the premeire episode of the original KR KITT had personality in his voice.  Here, Kilmer almost sounded bored while doing the voice-overs.  I will say that it's impressive that they were able to get his voice-overs done in time for the premiere.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »

Finally watched it. The star of the show was KITT. Can't beat a hot car with lots of techno goodies. I'd love to be able to cut people off in traffic, let them slam into me, watch their car turn into a paper weight, and drive away unscathed.

Favorite line from KITT: "Are you a homosexual?"  icon_biggrin

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 03:48:24 AM »

Quote from: PaulBot on March 01, 2008, 08:07:32 PM

Finally watched it. The star of the show was KITT. Can't beat a hot car with lots of techno goodies. I'd love to be able to cut people off in traffic, let them slam into me, watch their car turn into a paper weight, and drive away unscathed.

Favorite line from KITT: "Are you a homosexual?"  icon_biggrin

What was even better were the images shown with that statement.  That made that line even better.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »

well, looks like we're going to see if they can make things more interesting than in the movie.

Because I can,
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 12:15:30 AM »

It can't get much worse...imho.

I had the full movie on my dvr, got thru the first half then hit delete because I just didn't care.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 02:30:04 AM »

Deanna Russo mm,mmmm

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 05:41:28 AM »

I'd park my KITT in her garage  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: