http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 11:02:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kerry concedes  (Read 8901 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:38:58 PM »

It's on CNN.

Link
Kerry's phone call came a few hours after White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card announced that the Bush campaign was convinced the president had won re-election.

"President Bush decided to give Sen. Kerry the respect of more time to reflect on the results of this election," Card told GOP supporters at the Reagan Federal Building and International Trade Center in Washington.

"We are convinced that President Bush has won re-election with at least 286 electoral votes," Card said.
draegun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:44:46 PM »

I guess I'll be going to the store to stock up on survival supplies tonight:

plastic sheet
duck tape
rifle and rounds
bottled water
charcoal filtered masks
bug detectors
encrypted cell phones
Oh, and a Heil Bush arm badge
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 04:54:34 PM »

Quote from: "draegun"
I guess I'll be going to the store to stock up on survival supplies tonight:

plastic sheet
duck tape
rifle and rounds
bottled water
charcoal filtered masks
bug detectors
encrypted cell phones
Oh, and a Heil Bush arm badge

Gracious in defeat, eh?
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 04:58:13 PM »

Woot! No Frankenstien!

I do not think I could handle 4 years of seeing that freaky-looking guy running the country.
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 04:59:02 PM »

All I can say is that we are going to have a facinating Supreme Court in four years time.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 05:00:51 PM »

frown
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 05:06:05 PM »

4 MORE YEARS!! .... of war frown
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 05:06:25 PM »

Well America, I hope you are happy. The next four years are going to be some of the worst this country has ever experienced and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. All you Generation X'ers that didn't care enough to vote...thanks a ton. You cost us this election.

Say goodbye to Roe Vs. Wade and hello to Patriot Act II, the invasion of Iran, the draft, a huge deficit, health care costs that will balloon out of control and God knows what else.

It's a sad, sad day for America.  :cry:

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 05:09:32 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Well America, I hope you are happy. The next four years are going to be some of the worst this country has ever experienced and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. All you Generation X'ers that didn't care enough to vote...thanks a ton. You cost us this election.

Say goodbye to Roe Vs. Wade and hello to Patriot Act II, the invasion of Iran, the draft, a huge deficit, health care costs that will balloon out of control and God knows what else.

It's a sad, sad day for America.  :cry:

Don't forget amending the constitution to curtail civil liberties and drilling in Anwar. :cry:

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 05:10:28 PM »

I normally dont chime in to these political debates. But this is truly a SAD day for America.

This means so many more lives will be lost by these war mongering animals. So many more have to die now. Its only a matter of time until we go into Iran.. We will now worsen the deficiet... America has given this maniac the thumbs up to do what he wants.. NOTHING scares me more than 4 years of Bush without him having to worry about re-election.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 05:14:03 PM »

Thank goodness! smile  

Tough race all around and I wish the best to Kerry supporters.

I'm personally couldn't be happier with the win and the overall direction it appears the country is leaning. smile

Wake up.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 05:15:54 PM »

I see very few BUSH supporters ever chime in..

When I DO speak to people who voted for Bush, they always say the same thing.. I feel safer with Bush in office.

What I think is that he has bred more terrorists than he has killed. Which is rather scary.

Time will tell. Im no bleeding heart liberal, but DAMN what did Iraq have to do with terrorism? Attack SYRIA makes more sense but IRAQ?

Never mind, Ill go find my meds.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 05:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
Thank goodness! smile  

I'm personally couldn't be happier with the win and the overall direction it appears the country is leaning. smile

So I take it that you want to live in a Theocracy?

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 05:19:09 PM »

Thank goodness! smile  

So i guess you support starting wars based on questionable intelligence (and at the same time you occupying another nation), basing laws on one's religion even when not everyone in the nation shares that religion, pushing to get anti gay bills passed, trying to stop abortion, keeping stem cell research on ice, limiting civil liberties (either based on religious beliefs or scare tactics) and generally pushing towards a state sanctioned religion.

Bin Laden may have destroyed some of America’s infrastructure and a great deal of its citizens on 9/11, but Bush is pushing to destroy the idea that is America, the former land of the free.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 05:25:41 PM »

Yah...just yah. *sigh* Not that I was excited for Kerry I was just dreading more Bush. Not much to do but strap ourselves in and hope for the best. Here's to surviving the next four years.

Ascendent
warning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 05:33:07 PM »

This was something I found elsewhere and it makes for an interesting read.  I was especially intrigued by this quote:
Kerry ran well among voters earning less than $40,000 annually. But after that, voters' preference didn't change much as their income rose: Kerry and Bush ran about even among voters earning more than $100,000 annually.

So much for the conventional wisdom that it is the rich who want Bush in office, not a Democrat.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »

Thank God!!

The down side for me is that I still have to deal with that idiot as my senator.  :cry:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Thank God!!

The down side for me is that I still have to deal with that idiot as my senator.  :cry:

Wait a minute....Kerry still keeps his spot in the Senate?
UsulofDoom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »

By devil

Thank God!!

:twisted:
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:26 PM »

LOL Falator, you're more than welcome to visit http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6 and search the old posts where everything you talk about was discussed in full.

Hetz, glad to see you're still kicking, you should report in to your "Conservatives are Shocked" thread over at R&P, they have some tar and feathers ready for you.

I don't want a theocracy, I do want a more conservative country both socially and fiscally, and that appears to be the case.

Wake up.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004, 05:59:24 PM »

I get to keep all my guns now.   Thank God Mr. Anti-Second Amendment lost.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004, 06:03:24 PM »

Wait a minute....Kerry still keeps his spot in the Senate?

Of course!! Tah-RAY-zah can't be married to an EX-Senator!!!

I'd say around June of '05 Tah-RAY-zah starts hitting up Hillary for a civil union and another shot at this!  :wink:

Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 06:09:14 PM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
I get to keep all my guns now.   Thank God Mr. Anti-Second Amendment lost.

Wow.

And that is exactly why John Kerry lost.

Take that to mean what you will.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004, 06:31:20 PM »

What scares me most is that the Bush administration now believes they have a license to kill in the middle east, and if you don't think Iran is next, you're not paying attention.

What this is going to mean is less security for the U.S., not more. When we invade our second middle eastern country, unprovoked, and probably again without U.N. sanctioning, you can bet all hell will break loose, not just there, but here on U.S. soil. The U.S. under Bush, to me, is my worst nightmare ... a hostile aggressor. Something I'm not sure we've ever been before. We've been a defender many times, but invading countries unprovoked is shameful. We're going to greatly intensify Arabic hatred towards us, same as our wrath would be incurred if they were to invade us.

I'm not saying these countries are full of saints, most of them are dispicable dictatorships, but I don't think it's America's place to police them, esp without UN sanction.

A sad day, indeed.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004, 06:37:51 PM »

Geez people, you'd think that the sky was falling from some of the responses here.  I'm glad that Bush won, and would have been disappointed if he lost, but I wouldn't have been ready to declare that I might as well bend over and get the vaseline out.  You'd think that Russia's nukes had been launched and all of our defenses couldn't stop it and you're living the last days of your life.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004, 06:54:05 PM »

Quote from: "HankRaptor"
I see very few BUSH supporters ever chime in..

Scoreboard bizaatch!

http://www.foxnews.com/youdecide2004/index.html

Fox News link for extra emphasis..   biggrin
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"
Geez people, you'd think that the sky was falling from some of the responses here.  I'm glad that Bush won, and would have been disappointed if he lost, but I wouldn't have been ready to declare that I might as well bend over and get the vaseline out.  You'd think that Russia's nukes had been launched and all of our defenses couldn't stop it and you're living the last days of your life.

I think a great number of people really believe Bush's policies will have long term negative effects on our country.

Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004, 07:00:14 PM »

Did Kerry say that he would pull out our soldiers and not do anymore attacks?  Just curious.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2004, 07:04:01 PM »

WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004, 07:09:30 PM »

I don't want a theocracy, I do want a more conservative country both socially and fiscally, and that appears to be the case.

I am finding myself more and more fiscally conservative and I have to say I think the Bush administration is about as far from that as any Democratic administration would be.

Socially yes, but fiscally....he is not conservative by any definition I know.

scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004, 07:15:06 PM »

RIP School of Rock America 1776-2004

All hail the new Theocratic Nation of America. In God* we trust!

I sure hope we can survive the next 4 years, and then pull ourselves out of this shithole we have dug ourselves into.

*By God, I mean the Christian God, our new National Diety. Freedom of whaaat? Not any more.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004, 07:15:25 PM »

Quote from: "Falator"
Thank goodness! smile  

and generally pushing towards a state sanctioned religion.

quote]
'In God we trust'

'One nation under God'

America was founded on christian beliefs. Wheres the big surprise.

edit: sloppy qouting sorry

morlac00 on PSN
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004, 07:19:50 PM »

I think a great number of people really believe Bush's policies will have long term negative effects on our country.

The votes show that a GREATER number of people don't agree. :wink:

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2004, 07:19:53 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
What scares me most is that the Bush administration now believes they have a license to kill in the middle east, and if you don't think Iran is next, you're not paying attention.

What this is going to mean is less security for the U.S., not more. When we invade our second middle eastern country, unprovoked, and probably again without U.N. sanctioning, you can bet all hell will break loose, not just there, but here on U.S. soil. The U.S. under Bush, to me, is my worst nightmare ... a hostile aggressor. Something I'm not sure we've ever been before. We've been a defender many times, but invading countries unprovoked is shameful. We're going to greatly intensify Arabic hatred towards us, same as our wrath would be incurred if they were to invade us.

I'm not saying these countries are full of saints, most of them are dispicable dictatorships, but I don't think it's America's place to police them, esp without UN sanction.

A sad day, indeed.

Ask Native Americans if we 've ever been hostile aggressors.  Ever since the cold war we've had a 'first strike" mentality...for right or wrong.

morlac00 on PSN
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2004, 07:24:10 PM »

Quote from: "morlac"
Quote from: "Falator"
Thank goodness! smile  

and generally pushing towards a state sanctioned religion.

quote]
'In God we trust'

'One nation under God'

America was founded on christian beliefs. Wheres the big surprise.

edit: sloppy qouting sorry

America was FOUNDED on Chirstian beliefs, but I would hope that after more than 200 years we could have move passed making decisions based on religious belief. We are creeping down a path that leads only to trouble. Soon we will live in a country where we make decisions without consideration of other countries, base our decisions on religious belief, and start trouble with everyone who disagrees with us, attacking them if we don't like them. Hmm, this reminds me of other group of people I know that likes to fly airplanes into stuff.

Lets hope we can dodge that bullet and grow as a country. We need to regain our Moral Superiority, where nations looked to us to make the right decision. Where our word ment something and carried a lot of weight. Where people looked at us as a super power, and not as warmongers.

I miss those days. The sad thing is, I'm only 27. Oh how things have changed in the pass 10 years.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 07:25:36 PM »

Anyone who thinks that the founding fathers "Christianity" is what ours is today is ignorant of the history. Go find a textbook and read up on Naturalism and the Founding Fathers.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 07:27:41 PM »

On to the subject of concession-Kerry's speech was thoughtful, emotional, insightful, gracious to Bush, and finally, finally, I realized just why I had taken a liking to this man during the debates. I actually like Kerry now, as a man and as a presidential candidate. Shame it took him so long to show me that he was a human  being I could actually get excited for.

But still-graciousness in defeat is a wonderful virtue, and Kerry displayed in droves today.
draegun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 07:30:04 PM »

Just curious:  What does it mean to be socially conservative?

I'm not gay.  I'm not religious.  I don't do drugs.  I don't have too much raucous sex, and not with anyone who isn't my wife.  I teach my kids that courtesy and respect are fundemental to being a human.  

Perhaps to be a social conservative I need to force others to believe in what I believe in.  Perhaps it means to make it illegal to fall in love or enjoy yourself.  Perhaps it means that I can live a double standard -- talk about tolerance and love for my fellow neighbor, but in action treat them with contempt and scorn, and requiring them to subject themselves to my archaic morals.

Tell me, please, what does it mean . . . [edit] I am being somewhat, okay a lot, sarcastic -- but I truly don't understand what it means to be socially conservative.  I grew up in Oklahoma within a Southern Baptist household, I went to Bible College out in Oregon -- but what I experienced and came to understand was that these ideals that were implanted in me were surpressive not liberating.  I'm equating social conservative to Christianity.  Is this correct??  If so, I don't see how this could be a good thing.
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 07:35:42 PM »

WooHoo!!! Four more years of awesome Daily Show material!!!!!  hehe :0  btw, voted third party myself... I liked neither of the candidates.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 07:35:53 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Anyone who thinks that the founding fathers "Christianity" is what ours is today is ignorant of the history. Go find a textbook and read up on Naturalism and the Founding Fathers.

Thanks for calling me ignorant.  This will be my last visit to anything poilitical.  Have fun!

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: