http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 11:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just terrible, terrible web design  (Read 886 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
farley2k
Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3024



View Profile
« on: January 07, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »

I was out getting a widget for PHP so I could quickly get the descriptions of certain variables and I found one of the worst download procedures on a web site I have found.

Go here for an example

What you have to do is click on

"Get It"
Then
"Download [Widget name]"
That opens up another window where you have to click on the file to download.

So three freaking clicks to actually download a widget!  What do they get paid by the click?  Yahoo deserves to lose money and go under if that is the type of web page the build.


Logged

tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 396


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 07, 2009, 09:46:19 PM

I was out getting a widget for PHP so I could quickly get the descriptions of certain variables and I found one of the worst download procedures on a web site I have found.

Go here for an example

What you have to do is click on

"Get It"
Then
"Download [Widget name]"
That opens up another window where you have to click on the file to download.

So three freaking clicks to actually download a widget!  What do they get paid by the click?  Yahoo deserves to lose money and go under if that is the type of web page the build.




This post if full of fail.


I'm guessing more pages = more ad views (at least in their minds).
Logged
LoneStarSpur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1424


Glad to be old!


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »

This is terrible web design.
Logged

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1356


Lord of the Rutabagas


View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »

Wow, that makes me feel better about every website I have ever been part of.
Logged
YellowKing
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2850



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:26:17 AM »

No this is terrible web design. It's the web site for our local news station. It's virtually unusable.

http://www.wect.com/
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71767


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 01:20:19 AM »

and here I thought this would be the thread about beta access to the redesign  icon_twisted
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3281



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 01:50:54 AM »

Honestly, I thought about 5 to 10 clicks to actually get a file was pretty much the norm these days. I'm exaggerating a bit, but it seems normal for a lot of sites.

Oh, and Farley, thanks for spelling "lose" correctly! (that's more rare than a 1 click download!)



Logged
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 20973



View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 08, 2009, 01:20:19 AM

and here I thought this would be the thread about beta access to the redesign  icon_twisted

....ow...
Logged

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 473

I have personal text.


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on January 08, 2009, 12:26:17 AM

No this is terrible web design. It's the web site for our local news station. It's virtually unusable.

http://www.wect.com/

Well obviously.

The News Comes First, actually getting the news into a easy to distribute manner is probably #125, right after "Making sure Sports anchor dressing room is fully stocked with hair gel and Crest Whitestrips."


Logged

Just a little hiccup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 43 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.023s, 2q)