http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 07:33:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just started the day shift  (Read 581 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2006, 12:56:22 PM »

After a year of working graveyards, I started my new shift at 6:00am.  I feel like damned Nosferatu, shying from the daylight, but at least I'll be able to play online games with some of you guys again. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »

Grats! 14 years of nights for me and still going strong. Actually, where I'm at now I prefer nights to the assholes I'd have to deal with working days.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »

Welcome to the daytime!  At least the boards are a bit more active during your shift now...  Which um, technically they shouldn't be.  Back to work for me!

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 01:46:12 PM »

That sucks.. I'm used to going to sleep well past 6am, coudn't imagine starting at it.
They did try to stick me on the day shift at the jail and I worked it a few days until I said enough of this BS! Put me on a shift I'm most effective on.
Some people are naturally night people, if you have a problem getting up early in the morning no matter what time you went to sleep the night before, you're one of those people.
I can go to sleep at 8pm, and waking up at 5am is the greatest challenge of the day to show up by 6.

At least if it were an afternoon shift.. 2pm to 10pm say, that'd let you sleep in late. But damn KD, 6am!!

Right on the money Sam Hell, not only that, but the night shifts also tend to be a little less hectic, calmer, cooler (but still warm) weather (here in south florida anyway) and you dont have to deal with as much BS.
When I get on shift at 10pm - the inmates have 2 hours left until lockdown. So I only deal with inmates for about 3 hours a day - from 10p-12a and 5a-6a.
I spent almost a year working the 2nd shift and had to deal with inmates and juveniles all day, from getting spit on, urine being thrown on you, and nearly being stabbed by some 400 pound dude who wasn't right in the head, I've spent enough time on the day shift to know it's not for me.

But hey, whatever works for you Ron.. enjoy waking up so early when you know people like me and Sam are just getting off of work and get to kick back and relax!  icon_wink

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 03:55:41 PM »

Quote from: Sam Hell on September 21, 2006, 01:14:34 PM

Grats! 14 years of nights for me and still going strong. Actually, where I'm at now I prefer nights to the assholes I'd have to deal with working days.

My wife agrees.. She works the graveyard shift and enjoys it.  Much less assholes, quieter, less busy.  I tease her because she is like a vampire during the days, closing up the shades, crawling under a blanket.  It cracks me up to no end...

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 04:17:32 PM »

crawling under a blanket.
Sure she's not trying to get away from you?   icon_biggrin

---
XBox Live: ScottW
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »

Ah, KD...it's fantastic to have you on days!

I'll be joining you shortly...

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

Good to be here.  I like your avatar - too bad they are killing the show. frown

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 07:55:44 PM »

I like working nights.  Less traffic, less people, and if there's something I need to get done during daytime hours, I don't have to take a day off or try to squeeze it into the weekend.  thumbsup

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: