http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 06:54:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just finished watching Jericho (no spoilers)  (Read 566 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »

What a great, great series!! It really hit the spot.  I was a little unsatisfied with the ending-I didn't find that it wrapped up the lose strings very well.  Lots of people just seemed to disappear and were never seen again.  But overall I found it to keep me on the edge of my seat.  I wasn't a big fan of the pop music thrown into some of the episodes-it made it feel sort of like a post-apocalyptic Dawson's Creek or something.  There's probably no chance of the series continuing I guess is there?  I wouldn't be much interested in watching a Civil War series but they could still fit in another season covering the next several days from the season finale-hell, 24 manages to fit in 24 episodes in just a single day!  Anyways it was very satisfying.  And the fact that there are only about 30 episodes over 2 seasons means that it's not too much of a time commitment.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »

I liked it.

I thought the second season was weak as was the soap opera parts of the first season.  If they'd stuck to the post-nuclear mystery thing I think it'd been stronger.  I think my favorite episode was the one in the hospital.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

Which hospital? Jericho? Rogue River?  The Jericho hospital was basically the main set of the whole series!  By the way, is Jericho a fake town?  I mean, I know there isn't really a Jericho but I couldn't help feeling that when I saw the shots of downtown Jericho that it reminded me of Disneyland where there's a "front" to the buildings but nothing else.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »

Filming locations:

15001 Calvert Street, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California, USA
    (medical center)

Bakersfield, California, USA

Big Sky Ranch - 4927 Bennett Road, Simi Valley, California, USA

Los Angeles, California, USA

Santa Clarita, California, USA

Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California, USA

Quote from: Wiki
Jericho is set in northwestern Kansas, but the series is filmed in Van Nuys, California.  The pilot and all episodes involving New Bern, Kansas, were filmed in Fillmore, California.  Filming also occurred in Pasadena, California, including in front of the city hall. The final episode to air included portions filmed at the Santa Anita race track. Some filming also took place in Canada. The commentary for some episodes on the Jericho Season 1 DVD includes the location of their filming.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:08:27 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:51:13 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 21, 2009, 01:38:09 PM

Which hospital? Jericho? Rogue River?  The Jericho hospital was basically the main set of the whole series!

I wasn't trying to spoil much but the episode I was thinking of was the one in Rogue River.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 11:40:08 PM »

just finished the series, entertaining, but very B moviesh...
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 03:42:32 AM »

I recently finished it and enjoyed it. Wasn't the best but watching it now I liked it more than other stuff put out during/after the writers strike. I see why I didn't watch it when it was released due to all the other good shows but now with nothing catching my interest much I really liked it. I'm glad the CW replayed it as while I used hulu its not my preferred method of viewing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: