http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:48:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jury duty fail  (Read 1645 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »

So, I drive an hour in traffic and rain to get to the courthouse, only to be told that my jury duty had been canceled. Couldn't they have, you know, mailed me? Or emailed me since I confirmed online? Not only that, I don't get a credit for service for this, so they can call me again whenever they want.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:35:26 PM »

Sucks.  I just got a mailing for jury duty, but was able to defer out 6 months due to an appointment conflict.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 25, 2008, 03:03:48 PM

So, I drive an hour in traffic and rain to get to the courthouse, only to be told that my jury duty had been canceled. Couldn't they have, you know, mailed me? Or emailed me since I confirmed online? Not only that, I don't get a credit for service for this, so they can call me again whenever they want.

They always tell me to call after 6pm the night before to find out if I still have to come in.  You're supposed to check with them before going, not the other way around. frown
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 25, 2008, 04:10:29 PM

They always tell me to call after 6pm the night before to find out if I still have to come in.  You're supposed to check with them before going, not the other way around. frown

yeah, you work for the Man, the Man doesn't work for you.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:38:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 25, 2008, 04:33:33 PM

Pretty sure Massachusetts doesn't tell you to do that. The best part was that there was some note on the record that said that mail had been returned or something - they how did they get me the first notice? Nothing is wrong with my mail. On the bright side, 1) I was able to sneak in 2 rank upgrades in COD5 and 2) I am assured to be home to accept the delivery of my ps3.

JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »

I met my ex-girlfriend while reporting for jury duty. That's all I remember about that day. So many memories...

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on November 25, 2008, 05:00:24 PM

I met my ex-girlfriend while reporting for jury duty. That's all I remember about that day. So many memories...

Did the two of you get cited for contempt of court?  unibrow

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »

so you were involved in that eHarmony case?  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 25, 2008, 05:09:06 PM

I believe they got entangled in legal briefs.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 25, 2008, 06:19:13 PM

i think he asked her to handle his docket. 

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 25, 2008, 06:59:12 PM

Quote from: Zinfan on November 25, 2008, 06:19:13 PM

i think he asked her to handle his docket. 

His motion was denied
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »

Then she filed for habeus corpus.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »

He countered with coitus interruptus.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

I just walked back from court, where I was excused for cause from a panel of prospective jurors.

Apparently they don't like it when you explain why you think cops and gang members both lie.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on November 25, 2008, 08:10:30 PM

I just walked back from court, where I was excused for cause from a panel of prospective jurors.

Apparently they don't like it when you explain why you think cops and gang members both lie.

[Dr. House]  Everybody lies [/Dr. House]
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »

I would have thought your tactic would have been more that, as a federal employee, you think anyone who isn't is out to contaminate the essence of your natural fluids.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 25, 2008, 04:38:31 PM

Pretty sure Massachusetts doesn't tell you to do that. The best part was that there was some note on the record that said that mail had been returned or something - they how did they get me the first notice? Nothing is wrong with my mail. On the bright side, 1) I was able to sneak in 2 rank upgrades in COD5 and 2) I am assured to be home to accept the delivery of my ps3.

This is old info, so it may not pertain anymore, but in Massachusetts, they used to give you a number to call the night before to see if you were still needed - AND the call-in qualified as your jury duty (though they may have changed that, dunno.)  Be sure to save the info/ letter/ whatever, and state it on your next summons.  I'm thinking you should probably not use the intarwebs for this... ?

But the real point is - OMG, Teggy, you are from Massachusetts?  I  don't think I knew that, lol - I'm from Western MA, Amherst to be precise.  GO New England!   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 08:46:15 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 25, 2008, 08:28:54 PM

This is old info, so it may not pertain anymore, but in Massachusetts, they used to give you a number to call the night before to see if you were still needed - AND the call-in qualified as your jury duty (though they may have changed that, dunno.)  Be sure to save the info/ letter/ whatever, and state it on your next summons.  I'm thinking you should probably not use the intarwebs for this... ?

But the real point is - OMG, Teggy, you are from Massachusetts?  I  don't think I knew that, lol - I'm from Western MA, Amherst to be precise.  GO New England!   icon_razz

Not technically _from_ but a Masshole for 10 years now. Boston area.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 04:44:22 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 25, 2008, 08:46:15 PM

Quote from: mytocles on November 25, 2008, 08:28:54 PM

But the real point is - OMG, Teggy, you are from Massachusetts?  I  don't think I knew that, lol - I'm from Western MA, Amherst to be precise.  GO New England!   icon_razz

Not technically _from_ but a Masshole for 10 years now. Boston area.

think you might have misspelled that slywink
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 08:01:25 AM »

I've never seen so many bad lawyer puns in a single thread before.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »

When a thread goes awry, only puns can save it.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: