http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 03:15:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joss Whedon to direct 'The Avengers'  (Read 20128 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 11, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 11, 2012, 06:21:01 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 11, 2012, 06:14:04 PM

That Presidential tweet isn't real, is it?

In related spoiler news about that character:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Wheedon says he's dead.  http://io9.com/5909088/joss-whedon-explains-why-he-had-to-do-unspeakable-things-to-one-character-on-the-avengers

Probably not. Still awesome.

wouldn't it be hilarious if

Spoiler for Hiden:
Marvel brings Agent back, and then they have Whedon direct Avengers 2 where he kills Agent again.  rinse and repeat for A3-  it could be a running gag.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 11, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2012, 06:23:38 PM

Quote from: rickfc on May 11, 2012, 06:21:01 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 11, 2012, 06:14:04 PM

That Presidential tweet isn't real, is it?

In related spoiler news about that character:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Wheedon says he's dead.  http://io9.com/5909088/joss-whedon-explains-why-he-had-to-do-unspeakable-things-to-one-character-on-the-avengers

Probably not. Still awesome.

wouldn't it be hilarious if

Spoiler for Hiden:
Marvel brings Agent back, and then they have Whedon direct Avengers 2 where he kills Agent again.  rinse and repeat for A3-  it could be a running gag.

Spoiler for Hiden:

They killed Agent!

YOU BASTARDS!

Tongue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 11, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »

"This account is run by #Obama2012 campaign staff. Tweets from the President are signed -bo."

Sadly looks to be fake.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »

So, how much would that climactic battle have cost in real world dollars?  $160 Billion

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 12, 2012, 01:37:29 AM »

Blonde hair on Hawk.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 12, 2012, 02:44:58 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on May 12, 2012, 01:37:29 AM

Blonde hair on Hawk.

the comic book version has or had blonde hair.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 12, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »

Yeah, Hawkeye has had sooooo many incarnations in the comic books. I gather they just wanted to steer clear of the purple ness and the goofymasks that earlier incarnations had. Lot of stuff looks cool in a comic that don't work on film. Some of the latter Hawkeye incarnations look too much like Duke Nukem to me.  smirk

As for hair color, just don't think they'd ask Renner to die his hair unless the character's hair color truly was an important part of the character; whereas we'd probably understand Jennifer Lawrence dying her hair to match Katniss' color in the book in The Hunger Games' case.

So on my 4th viewing of The Avengers last night, I still either could not hear or didn't understand certain lines. Help me!  icon_razz Let's go with spoiler codes, even though it's debatable whether these lines are truly spoiler-ish....

OK, when Stark and Captain America have an exchange something like...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Cap: "And you're all about style."
Stark: "OK, among those of us in this room, which one of us is wearing a spangly outfit, and which one of us is *mumble mumble*. What does Stark say at the end of that line? Even purposely trying to listen closely, I can't understand it. confused

I think that's partly cause the "spangly outfit" line tends to crack the audience up, and then I can't quite hear what Stark says after that.
Also, there's a sequence where Black Widow and Hawkeye are talking later, she says something like:
Spoiler for Hiden:
"I was compromised. I cleared my ledger. I wanna blah blah blah." (some sort of explanation of "what Loki has on her," which Hawkeye asked about; or maybe it was more "What did Loki do to you?").

I didn't get that part. Is she saying Loki "compromised" her and magically cleared her ledger? I thought he insulted her and indicated he'd do nothing for her because she had too much blood on her hands (from assassinations) to ever clear her. I still don't quite understand that dialogue exchange with Hawkeye afterwards (once he's recovered from the brainwashing or whatever).
And then I think there's a third one I didn't quite understand, but ... oh hell I'll have to see it a 5th time to remember that one.  icon_smile Bring your own!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:25:50 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 12, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »

You, sir, are a dedicated fan. eek

Hopefully for the DVD release they will cleanup some of the dialog volume. I missed what Stark said to Cap when he got a lift too. Otherwise it was OK for me even in my crappy small town theater as they had it cranked up volume-wise.

Also:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Who was that at the end of the first credit sequence? I never really was into comics so I don't have a prior background knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:45:34 PM by Kagath » Logged

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on May 12, 2012, 06:43:52 PM

Also:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Who was that at the end of the first credit sequence? I never really was into comics so I don't have a prior background knowledge.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: May 13, 2012, 03:26:01 AM »

Just came back from seeing it. Loved it! Totally Whedon-y and yet scratched that summer movie itch. Reminds me of this:

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 13, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »

Isn't anyone going to answer my little dialogue questions?  icon_smile

Fwiw, Avengers wiped out Dark Shadows at the box office Friday (about $29.1m to 9.7m). I don't think it was a good release date for DS, but the release date sked does get crowded after May. They think Avengers may break the 2nd weekend record of $75m, set by The Dark Knight in July 2008 and Avatar in December 2009.

I'm skeptical it can reach Avatar numbers ($750m domestic) just because June-July will crowd with summer blockbusters that theaters will eventually have to make room for. Avatar had freakishly big box office even 2 months after release, at least in part because Jan.-Feb. is such a dead time at the box office, with little competition.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:13:44 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 13, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 12, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Also, there's a sequence where Black Widow and Hawkeye are talking later, she says something like:
Spoiler for Hiden:
"I was compromised. I cleared my ledger. I wanna blah blah blah." (some sort of explanation of "what Loki has on her," which Hawkeye asked about; or maybe it was more "What did Loki do to you?").

I didn't get that part. Is she saying Loki "compromised" her and magically cleared her ledger? I thought he insulted her and indicated he'd do nothing for her because she had too much blood on her hands (from assassinations) to ever clear her. I still don't quite understand that dialogue exchange with Hawkeye afterwards (once he's recovered from the brainwashing or whatever).

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think she said she "cleared" her ledger. She said she "had red on her ledger". I don't remember exactly when this took place - it was either when Hawkeye is coming to and asking her what happened or after she decides to be the one to close the portal. Anyway, the bit about her being compromised (which is how they refer to Hawkeye when Loki gets him with the scepter) is her not-so-subtle way of admitting she loves Hawkeye. I think there is also backstory we don't know about (maybe explained in comics or elsewhere) that is implied - at some point Hawkeye saved her life and she needed to return the favor.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:02:59 PM by Teggy » Logged

TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 13, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on May 12, 2012, 06:43:52 PM

You, sir, are a dedicated fan. eek

Hopefully for the DVD release they will cleanup some of the dialog volume. I missed what Stark said to Cap when he got a lift too. Otherwise it was OK for me even in my crappy small town theater as they had it cranked up volume-wise.

Also:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Am I the only person that uses subtitles whenever watching a movie on dvd?  It can add a bit to the movie since quite often non audible statements are a part of the script and thus get subtitles.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 13, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 13, 2012, 02:55:36 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on May 12, 2012, 02:19:54 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think she said she "cleared" her ledger. She said she "had red on her ledger". I don't remember exactly when this took place - it was either when Hawkeye is coming to and asking her what happened or after she decides to be the one to close the portal. Anyway, the bit about her being compromised (which is how they refer to Hawkeye when Loki gets him with the scepter) is her not-so-subtle way of admitting she loves Hawkeye. I think there is also backstory we don't know about (maybe explained in comics or elsewhere) that is implied - at some point Hawkeye saved her life and she needed to return the favor.

SPOILER WITHOUT TAGS! OMG!

They actually come right out and tell you what that history is Teg  ninja

Hawkeye is an idiot for being blind, that scene she is pretty obviously saying she's into him.  Hawkeye was sent to kill Black Widow and instead he brought her in alive and they converted her to 'our' side.  She's been trying to make up for all the bad she's done ever since and she feels she owes her life to him.  Now that he did a bunch of bad thanks to Loki, Hawkeye feels he has to make up for that as well.  She mentions at both the moments you mention Teg, that she feels she has to still make up for what she had done.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »

$1 billion world wide.  any bets that we'll see a sequel for Holiday 2014?  I'd say Summer 2014 but Captain America 2 is due out around then.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: May 14, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »

So, apparently, the Marvel Superheroes have entered the territory of non-geek girl crushes now in schools, alongside Legolas and Twilight characters. It's apparently much more hip to like those characters than ever before.

Geek kids rejoice.

Of course, the actors playing those superheroes are pretty much handsome hunks, and the geek boys will still have to deal with superhero level physique expectations. Tongue
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 16, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »

Awesome artwork (SPOILERS)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 16, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »

Hawkeye keeps a quiver on even when he wears a suit?

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 14, 2012, 01:55:53 AM

$1 billion world wide.  any bets that we'll see a sequel for Holiday 2014?  I'd say Summer 2014 but Captain America 2 is due out around then.
2015 at the earliest. I think they learned from Iron Man 2 backlash that 2 years between sequels is rushing it. imho, if they rush it, there's no way Whedon will do it as he has several smaller personal projects he wants to do. Whedon is not Michael Bay -- I don't know if Joss necessarily even wants to become a perennial comic book franchise mega-film director.

Though realistically, if they want to do a follow up by 2015, they'd probably have to have the writer/director lined up some time in 2013. So the question might be if they basically leave Whedon alone for a year and then re-visit him and say, "We loved your work, would you be up to tackling it again?", is that enough time for him to do the other things he loves to do, and be recharged enough to tackle a colossal sequel, or would he just say "nah."

The idea -- from what I've read -- is for again all these solo films (IM3, Thor 2, CA2, perhaps a "Hulk 3.0") to again build and lead into a second Avengers film. I'm kinda sad Marvel deemed Cap will be strictly modern-day. And not just because I won't be able to ogle Hayley Atwell anymore.  Fabulous
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:42:47 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

Marvel Studios is listed for the following upcoming:

• The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (2013)
  • Thor 2 (2013)
  • "The Incredible Hulk" (2014)
  • Deadpool (2014)
  • Ant-Man (2014)
  • Captain America 2 (2014)

Plus eight more "In Development" under IMDB Pro, in the off chance someone has a membership (PR_GMR?  No?) or wants to sign up for their 2-week trial.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »

If they don't hire Whedon for the sequel, Marvel will be stupid. 2015 would be optimal for a sequel, though studios are now insistant on a 2-year turnaround between sequels. They might push a 2014 release date. I've one message for Marvel in general: 'Avengers sequel? Whedon? Pay the man!'
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 16, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 16, 2012, 08:45:47 PM

Plus eight more "In Development" under IMDB Pro, in the off chance someone has a membership (PR_GMR?  No?) or wants to sign up for their 2-week trial.

I'm guessing some of these that have been mentioned from time to time:

new Hulk movie (the one on the list is a TV show)
Black Widow
Black Panther
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Vision
whatever X-Men movie they do next

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 16, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 16, 2012, 08:48:29 PM

If they don't hire Whedon for the sequel, Marvel will be stupid. 2015 would be optimal for a sequel, though studios are now insistant on a 2-year turnaround between sequels. They might push a 2014 release date. I've one message for Marvel in general: 'Avengers sequel? Whedon? Pay the man!'

It may not be up to the studio.  Some directors just don't enjoy sequels or working with large studios.  I got the feeling that's what happened with Branagh and the Thor franchise.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 16, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 16, 2012, 09:03:18 PM

I got the feeling that's what happened with Branagh and the Thor franchise.

I heard that he couldn't make the time commitment due to other projects:

Instead of crossing the Rainbow Bridge again, Branagh will be busy as the returning star of the acclaimed British television series “Wallander” and with his ramping work with a theater group in his native Belfast.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 16, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »

I thought I'd read that X-Men 2nd Class (or whatever) was moving forward to shoot after Jennifer Lawrence had finished Catching Fire.

EDIT:  It starts shooting in January.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:40:50 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »

Whedon on possibly doing a sequel:

“The Avengers” passed the $1-billion mark in worldwide ticket sales this weekend, and a sequel is already in the works. Does that mean writer-director Joss Whedon will be back at the helm of the franchise that unites Marvel’s box-office heavyweights, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the Hulk?

“You know, I’m very torn,” Whedon said in a sit-down interview in Beverly Hills before the film’s U.S. opening. “It’s an enormous amount of work telling what is ultimately somebody else’s story, even though I feel like I did get to put myself into it. But at the same time, I have a bunch of ideas, and they all seem really cool.”

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 18, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »

This is pretty sweet, was in PA Report's "The Cut"...

Story of a Five Year Old Avenger, Meeting The Avengers
http://www.g33kwatch.com/movies/story-of-a-five-year-old-avenger-meeting-the-avengers/
*The photo of Tom Hiddleston with a kid on his shoulders was all over, and folks had assumed the kid was a son of a cast or crew member.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 18, 2012, 08:30:01 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 18, 2012, 07:00:49 PM

This is pretty sweet, was in PA Report's "The Cut"...

Story of a Five Year Old Avenger, Meeting The Avengers
http://www.g33kwatch.com/movies/story-of-a-five-year-old-avenger-meeting-the-avengers/
*The photo of Tom Hiddleston with a kid on his shoulders was all over, and folks had assumed the kid was a son of a cast or crew member.

So cool.

I imagine it's not over, though.  Someone important will see this and get that kid's pictures signed.  

Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if he had a cameo in the Captain America movie, holding that shield.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2012, 05:53:31 AM »

the Avengers will assemble on blu ray and DVD on September 25th.

AVENGERS 4-Disc BD Combo Pack, 2-Disc BD Combo Pack and 2-Disc DVD Combo Pack Special Features:
* AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON
* MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47
* SECOND SCREEN
* GAG REEL
* DELETED SCENES
- Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogation
- Extended Scene - Loki & Barton Strategize
- Steve Rogers - Man Out of Time
- Nick Fury & World Security Council
- Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage
- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
- Extended Scene - Banner and Security Guard
- Alternate Ending - Maria Hill Interrogation
* FEATURETTES
A Visual Journey
- Assembling the Ultimate Team
* SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO - "Live to Rise"

AVENGERS DVD Special Features:
* FEATURETTES

I bet the one shot, 'Item 47', will be about:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Agent getting the vintage Captain America cards-  either the whole set or the ones he needs to complete it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:56:36 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:49 AM »

Avengers 2  musing

Spoiler for Hiden:
Hope they work in the Infinity Gauntlet, but that might be too geekish

Wonder if Whedon could pull off the Secret War...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 23, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 23, 2012, 10:12:49 AM

Avengers 2  musing

Spoiler for Hiden:
Hope they work in the Infinity Gauntlet, but that might be too geekish

Wonder if Whedon could pull off the Secret War...

Just read the series you mentioned in the spoiler, and I don't know that it would really work on screen. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
It's too big, with necessarily undefined powers.  And lots of characters movie viewers wouldn't have heard about.  Plus the human heroes don't actually get to do much.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:15 PM »

Just saw this blog and it supports my musing about Avengers 2

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »

For box office nerds like me...

All Time Grossers
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=alltimegrossvs.htm
*The Avengers made not quite $11M this past weekend. Has a decent chance of passing Titanic ($600.8M) for 2nd place all-time domestic box office. Barring a massive re-release down the road, The Avengers isn't likely to pass Avatar domestically ($749.8M), or Avatar ($2B) or Titanic ($1.5B) internationally. Just makes you more appreciate what box office freaks those two movies were in their respective release windows (late 1997-1998 for Titanic; late 2009-2010 for Avatar).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:13:31 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2012, 05:53:31 AM

the Avengers will assemble on blu ray and DVD on September 25th.

AVENGERS 4-Disc BD Combo Pack, 2-Disc BD Combo Pack and 2-Disc DVD Combo Pack Special Features:
* MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47
* SECOND SCREEN
* GAG REEL
* DELETED SCENES
- Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogation
- Extended Scene - Loki & Barton Strategize
- Steve Rogers - Man Out of Time
- Nick Fury & World Security Council
- Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage
- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
- Extended Scene - Banner and Security Guard
- Alternate Ending - Maria Hill Interrogation
* FEATURETTES
A Visual Journey
* SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO - "Live to Rise"

AVENGERS DVD Special Features:
* FEATURETTES

I bet the one shot, 'Item 47', will be about:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Agent getting the vintage Captain America cards-  either the whole set or the ones he needs to complete it.

we have a September 17th date for that

we also have this listed,which makes the 'Avengers Assemble' UK title a bit more likable  thumbsup
Amazon.co.uk

6 Pack Blu-Ray set
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Avengers Assemble

for £34.99 that's not a bad Blu Ray box set price

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2012, 02:08:19 AM »

rumor that there may be an extended version coming to theaters in August.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:42 AM »

Avengers had a different name in the UK? Something to do with the old 60s show?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2012, 04:45:32 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 13, 2012, 04:24:42 AM

yes to both
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2012, 05:03:46 AM »

Now with links!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 13, 2012, 05:03:46 AM

Now with links!

yeah a bit dumb,because that show was a hit all round the world,but then there is the godawful film with Sean Connery and Uma Thurman

I don't mind our title,as it still fits with the Marvel Avengers Comics,but to rename it incase we get mixed up with the other is annoying,how dumb do they think we are?

this is quite a good(short) article from March on name changes to movies
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/avengers-gets-new-uk-exclusive-title.html

Last year Marvel altered the title of their Captain America film to just 'The First Avenger' in Russia, Ukraine and South Korea. They thought plastering ‘America’ all over the poster would harm it’s commercial prospects.

At this rate expect Ridley Scott's Alien prequel 'Prometheus' to be renamed 'Ridley Scott presents... Alien Zero: Prometheus' sometime next week.
Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: