http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 03:55:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joss Whedon to direct 'The Avengers'  (Read 19203 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »

I love, love, love Joss and the crew.  Can't wait until May 2012

My day is made!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on October 11, 2011, 02:38:30 PM

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup Headbanging! Headbanging! Headbanging!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »

I assume you can merge your own thread?  Tongue

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2011, 03:38:36 PM »

Wasn't this the trailer they showed after the credits in Captain America?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 11, 2011, 03:37:45 PM

Oops. 

I don't see an option to merge, just split, move, delete, and a few others.

Of course then the question is - do we have so many threads that we need to make sure all of one topic stays in one thread?   I will dump it this afternoon if people want but I loved the trailer too much to delete the topic so quickly.   nod

Now, back to watching it again! 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2011, 04:01:29 PM »

in other Avengers related madness, Marvel is apparrently getting yet another Avengers title ready for the movie: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/10/avengers-1-from-brian-bendis-and-mark-bagley/

it'll be joining The Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy and Martha Stewart's Avengers.  I imagine we'll also see more movie stuff coming out of the New York Comic Con this week.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2011, 05:42:27 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 11, 2011, 03:38:36 PM

Wasn't this the trailer they showed after the credits in Captain America?
That was really more of a "blink too fast and you'll miss any actual footage" type "teaser trailer." I believe this is the "real deal" two minute all hell breaks loose trailer. icon_cool

*Yes, this is the real deal.  icon_smile You'll only see a few seconds of footage that's similar to the post Captain America credits stuff.

I guess I still worry whether this many characters can have "enough to do" in a movie like this. I mean, Iron Man alone didn't have "enough to do" in Iron Man 2, likewise Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3 imho. Sometimes films get more interested in their villains and supporting cast than the lead guy.

Though I figure if anybody can make an ensemble work, Whedon can.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:47:30 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »

::shrug::  Knowing nothing about the source material for this stuff, it just looks like comic book masturbation to me.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:15 PM »

Love the trailer.   Robert Downey Jr's dialog seems great.  I cant wait for this one.  The Avengers were always one of my favorite comics as a kid.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »

Well, it'll be a real test for Whedon to see if he can pull off a big ensemble cast of characters and actors who had their own strong personalities (both of the actors, and the characters).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:10 PM »

a whole mess of pics, some from the set other from finished footage: http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/celebrity/pictures/34609/21/the-avengers-movie-photos.html#play

I could watcher her running around in that for 2 hours  drool

Because I can,
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on October 11, 2011, 03:43:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 11, 2011, 03:37:45 PM

Oops. 

I don't see an option to merge, just split, move, delete, and a few others.

Of course then the question is - do we have so many threads that we need to make sure all of one topic stays in one thread?   I will dump it this afternoon if people want but I loved the trailer too much to delete the topic so quickly.   nod

Now, back to watching it again! 

Done smile

You might want to talk to Ron maybe he has your account limited?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2011, 01:28:08 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 11, 2011, 10:30:26 PM

::shrug::  Knowing nothing about the source material for this stuff, it just looks like comic book masturbation to me.
That's a bad thing?  icon_lol

In the grand spirit of comic book masturbation, here are some screen capture snippets from the trailer.  drool

Lets give Hawkeye some looooove....

"Damn you, you were my agent! How did I go from two time Oscar nominee to THIS? Take THAT!"

"They've got their super powers, and super suits, and their shields, but I have..."

"A FOLDING BOW!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!  icon_razz

"Wait... this doesn't feel so bad. Why am I fighting you off again?" drool

"There's a NAIL ON YOUR SHIELD! I must HAMMER IT!"

"Waddya mean, this isn't Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5! What the hell did I buy this Xbox 360 Gun Controller for then! DAMN YOU!"

"You think you're special cause your movies made $315 million+ apiece and mine only made $174 million! Damn 3-D showings scared everyone off this summer!"

"SMELL MY FINGER, TONY! SMELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMELL THE FINGER OF LOKI!!!!!!!"
"Uh, no thanks, Loki, I just had breakfast!"

*btw, they edit the trailer to make you think Loki sends Captain America flying when this is in fact Tony Stark.  confused
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:15:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »

Watching The Avengers trailer dubbed in German? Priceless.  Bring your own! smirk [from an iTunes podcast]
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-avengers-uncut-trailer/id278884151?i=101252801

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »

a bit about 'Avengers Phase 2' from the New York Comic Con:

"We've already announced Iron Man 3 and Thor 2; both of those will be spread out within 2013," explained Feige. "We haven't announced yet the 2014 movies, but we are working on a draft of Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and some of these other ones we've been talking about for a while. Ant-Man I'm hoping we can get off the ground sometime soon. If these first group of films – "phase one" of this Avengers saga starting with Iron Man and ending with Avengers – has an overarching theme, which it does. As people sort of watch all the movies together and then watch The Avengers movie, they'll see this big picture we've been building towards... we have started working on the bones and structure and threading for a phase two. It does start with Iron Man 3 and if it all works – which we hope it does – culminates in another Avengers film."

Because I can,
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 18, 2011, 03:44:45 PM

"We've already announced Iron Man 3 and Thor 2; both of those will be spread out within 2013," explained Feige. "We haven't announced yet the 2014 movies, but we are working on a draft of Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and some of these other ones we've been talking about for a while. Ant-Man I'm hoping we can get off the ground sometime soon. If these first group of films – "phase one" of this Avengers saga starting with Iron Man and ending with Avengers – has an overarching theme, which it does. As people sort of watch all the movies together and then watch The Avengers movie, they'll see this big picture we've been building towards... we have started working on the bones and structure and threading for a phase two. It does start with Iron Man 3 and if it all works – which we hope it does – culminates in another Avengers film."

So, it's like a TV show....but in blockbuster movie form.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on October 18, 2011, 05:26:00 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 18, 2011, 03:44:45 PM

So, it's like a TV show....but in blockbuster movie form.

And with less value.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »

New Banners...
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168871-new-posters-for-marvels-the-avengers-revealed

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2012, 01:11:56 PM »

Red Envelopes (yes, there's no Hawkeye on them; perhaps Jeremy Renner wasn't keen on it?):
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169295-new-avengers-promo-pics-on-red-envelopes

Some photos from Empire Magazine (UK)
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169299-new-photos-from-marvels-the-avengers
*Issue's probably available at Barnes & Noble stores.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »

Jenny Agutter is going to be in the movie!  For those who aren't aware, she's a big geek crush from both Logan's Run and American Werewolf in London.  Nice casting, Joss!

If that news doesn't excite you, this bit of spoilerification might:

Spoiler for Hiden:
She let it drop that Spider-Man is appearing in the movie.

source

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »

For some reason I thought Jenny Agutter had died a few years ago.   icon_confused  I too had a huge crush on her as a kid.  Glad to see she's still alive and kicking. 

as for your other news

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought a different studio owned Spiderman and they couldn't include him in the current Marvel Studios film franchise because of that.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 23, 2012, 02:49:04 PM

For some reason I thought Jenny Agutter had died a few years ago.   icon_confused  I too had a huge crush on her as a kid.  Glad to see she's still alive and kicking. 

as for your other news

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought a different studio owned Spiderman and they couldn't include him in the current Marvel Studios film franchise because of that.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Paramount has the Avengers while Sony has Spidey, AFAIK.  However, it's not like they couldn't have made a deal. 

It could also have been a mistake on her part or someone else's.

She just mentioned being excited to be on a big set with so many trailers.  Then mentioned trailers for Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »

This spoiler response to spoilers about spoilers is getting out of hand!  smirk
Spoiler for Hiden:
I suspect maybe what she meant is they're doing some filming and pre-production work for Iron Man and Spider-Man in the same general vicinity, thus the trailers bunching up.
These days (after acquiring Marvel Entertainment in 2009) Disney technically owns the movie rights to most of Marvel's characters, except for Daredevil, Fantastic Four and the X-Men movies (Fox) and Spider-Man (Sony).

However, Paramount already had some distribution deals for some of Marvel's films lined up for a while (including this past summer's Thor and Captain America) so it's apparently going to be a while before Disney is handling distribution/marketing for Marvel's films itself. Reported on back in 2008:
http://www.deadline.com/2008/09/exclusive-paramount-to-distribute-next-marvel-films/
*I think the deal included The Avengers and Iron Man 3, but not (unless it was extended at some point) the Thor and Captain America sequels. So perhaps the latter two will be the first Marvel films to have Disney on the opening credits instead of Paramount.

Disney's relationship explained a bit in this oct. 2010 article (some of which might be out of date now):
http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/8012/disney-targeting-the-rest-of-the-marvel-kingdom/

Given how stuff like Tron: Evolution (not a comic book film but probably seeking the same type of audience) went nowhere at the box office, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mostly trust Paramount to know how to market this stuff. Disney? Jury's still kind of out on that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:56:35 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 23, 2012, 07:54:47 PM

This spoiler response to spoilers about spoilers is getting out of hand!  smirk
Spoiler for Hiden:
I suspect maybe what she meant is they're doing some filming and pre-production work for Iron Man and Spider-Man in the same general vicinity, thus the trailers bunching up.
These days (after acquiring Marvel Entertainment in 2009) Disney technically owns the movie rights to most of Marvel's characters, except for Daredevil, Fantastic Four and the X-Men movies (Fox) and Spider-Man (Sony).

However, Paramount already had some distribution deals for some of Marvel's films lined up for a while (including this past summer's Thor and Captain America) so it's apparently going to be a while before Disney is handling distribution/marketing for Marvel's films itself. Reported on back in 2008:
http://www.deadline.com/2008/09/exclusive-paramount-to-distribute-next-marvel-films/
*I think the deal included The Avengers and Iron Man 3, but not (unless it was extended at some point) the Thor and Captain America sequels. So perhaps the latter two will be the first Marvel films to have Disney on the opening credits instead of Paramount.

Disney's relationship explained a bit in this oct. 2010 article (some of which might be out of date now):
http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/8012/disney-targeting-the-rest-of-the-marvel-kingdom/

Given how stuff like Tron: Evolution (not a comic book film but probably seeking the same type of audience) went nowhere at the box office, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mostly trust Paramount to know how to market this stuff. Disney? Jury's still kind of out on that.

Spoiler for Hiden:
But since Avengers and Spider-Man are two different production companies, the trailers for them would not be in the same areas.  They would steer clear of each other, both for sound and privacy issues and union crew issues.  Heck, that last point would make the two films not near each other even if they were the same production company.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
thanks

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2012, 02:30:06 AM »

Cap's costume just looks odd in that lighting.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2012, 08:27:56 PM »

the Hulk action figure from The Avengers:

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2012, 11:18:53 PM »

more toys from the movie;  I am spoilering it in case anyone doesn't want to see some of the vehicles beforehand.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

Super Bowl spot teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fZsu3sbWnAU

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »

While I sure as heck hope I can catch a non 3-D IMAX show, if you're into it, you'll be able to blow even more money on character color-themed 3-D glasses:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169387-3d-glasses-for-marvels-the-avengers-revealed

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2012, 01:39:16 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 31, 2012, 09:21:30 PM

So just to be clear, they're releasing trailers for trailers now?

- Ash
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »

no Spider-Man says Whedon:

QUESTION: What about the Spiderman cameo in # Avengers?

JOSS WHEDON: "There is no Spider-Man cameo. But the Avengers do turn off the dark."

I'm guessing the theater where the musical takes place is shown getting blown up biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2012, 04:20:36 AM »

the full super bowl spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bGt-saFvkNk

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 06, 2012, 04:20:36 AM

"I have an army"

"We have a hulk"

FUCK.YES.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »

I thought it looked pretty damm good!

*edit*

I watched again and still loved it but I don't understand why when they are all in a circle Cap has his mask on. None of the others do. If wearing a mask is to hide you "day job" identity then a mask make no sense for him. In fact the only people who would have secret identities to protect would be Black Widow and Hawkeye since Stark admitted being Iron Man. It just seemed odd. I wonder if it will be explained.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:50:48 PM by farley2k » Logged

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »

My Super Bowl group:

Them: "Oh look, I think it's another Thor movie"
Me: "It's the Avengers"
Them: "No, maybe it's that Captain America"
Me: ""It's the Avengers"
Them: "Wait, isn't that Iron Man too?"
Me: "It's the Avengers"
Them: "It must be like a Justice League movie or something"
Me: (le sigh) "It's the Avengers"
Them: "What's the Avengers?"
Me: ....
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2012, 07:43:05 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on February 06, 2012, 01:50:05 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 06, 2012, 04:20:36 AM

"I have an army"

"We have a hulk"

FUCK.YES.

that part got me all tingly.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »

Hopefully this hulk doesn't physically grow taller as he gets angry.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2012, 11:25:35 PM »

There's a pretty decent unofficial Jeremy Renner fan site. When I was perusing it, this came up.  icon_cool

Hasbro Unveils More Merchandise For THE AVENGERS
http://www.jeremyleerenner.com/news/hasbro-unveils-more-merchandise-for-the-avengers/
*Action figures not To Scale.  icon_razz

The Battle Bow will put your eye out, kid...

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on February 06, 2012, 03:53:46 PM

I watched again and still loved it but I don't understand why when they are all in a circle Cap has his mask on. None of the others do. If wearing a mask is to hide you "day job" identity then a mask make no sense for him. In fact the only people who would have secret identities to protect would be Black Widow and Hawkeye since Stark admitted being Iron Man. It just seemed odd. I wonder if it will be explained.

I think you're overthinking it.  Cap's costume has the cowl built into it (you can see it hanging in the back in some footage) as part of the costume and Iron Man's mask is built in.  Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye simply never have a mask on as far as I've seen in all the footage.  Now maybe they didn't want Cap's face showing because there would be questions about him from the past.  Or maybe it's just part of the costume lol. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: