http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 03:34:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joseph Son gets life in prison  (Read 670 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »

To millions of moviegoers he was Doctor Evil's henchman Random Task.

But now a 40-year-old Orange County actor famous from an "Austin Powers" movie will be spending life in state prison in connection with a 1990 Christmas Eve gang rape and torture of a woman taking a walk to see the seasonal lights.

Joseph Hyungmin Son was found guilty Aug. 25 of felony torture, an offense that carries a life term without possibility of parole. The actor was originally charged three years ago with numerous sex crimes but because of a statute of limitations, prosecutors eventually won a conviction on torture.

The crime unfolded seven years before the 1997 movie "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery."

According to prosecutors, a woman walking back to her apartment alone with her dog after going to look at Christmas lights with a relative and friend was stopped by Son about 12:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve 1990. Son asked her for directions and then with another man dragged her to their car, threw her in the back and drove away.

Son and the other man told her they were driving to Compton, pistol-whipped her and repeatedly threatened to kill her. Prosecutors said Son then repeatedly raped, sodomized and forced the victim to orally copulate him in the back of the car. He also tortured her with a firearm. Son's cohort Santiago Lopez Gaitan, 40, of San Antonio raped the woman.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/09/austin-powers-henchman-actor-gets-life-in-prison-in-rapetorture.html

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Lyno
Gaming Trend Reader

Vroom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »

I find it sad that torture gets life in prison without possibility of parole while rape only gets 17 years.

-Lyno
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »

Quote from: Lyno on September 10, 2011, 01:02:44 PM

I find it sad that torture gets life in prison without possibility of parole while rape only gets 17 years.

-Lyno

I can see an argument that rape = torture as well.  I guess torture was all they could get him on due to statute of limitations which is also kinda crappy.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »

I'm just impressed that he was sentenced 21 years after the incident happened thanks to DNA evidence.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:39 PM »

Wow.. Never gonna be able to look at 'Austin Powers' the same way again.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:27:02 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on September 12, 2011, 05:17:39 PM

Wow.. Never gonna be able to look at 'Austin Powers' the same way again.

Get out of my head!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 02:56:36 AM »

looks like he may have killed his cellmate: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44867359?GT1=43001

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 10:55:50 PM »

I'll always remember him from the time when Keith Hackney repeatedly punched him in the nuts back at UFC 4.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »

It's not safe being this guy's cellmate

Cellmate of 'Austin Powers' actor beaten to death

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »

Jeebus, did no one vet the guy before hiring him for Austin Powers?   icon_eek  It would seem that simply asking his neighbors would have resulted in a "Yeah, that's guy's pretty much a homicidal maniac."

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: