http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 07:07:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Satriani  (Read 995 times)
Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 09:02:40 PM »

I recently pulled out Surfing with the Alien and well I got to looking and it looks like Joe has been busy. I checked his site and he's released several things since Lords of Creation (which i wasn't impressed with). Anyone know if these later releases are good?
Bulletpig
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 09:32:30 PM »

I'm not too sure about his latest stuff but Surfing was awesome.  Back in high school we used to jam to Circles for hours in the band I was in.

Regards,
Pig
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:55:03 PM »

LAst album I heard was Flying in a Blue Dream. Great album, but a lot of his stuff kinda blurs into one after hearing a lot of it.
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 09:55:59 PM »

Funny you should bring that up - he was at House of Blues here just this past Friday.  I had something else that took precedence sadly - would have been fun to see him in person.
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 10:18:30 PM »

The last CD of his I bought was Crystal Planet - it was pretty good, but didn't have the spark of his first few CDs... the songs all sounded pretty similar, whereas on "Surfing" and "Flying", nearly every song had it's own unique identity.  Even the songs he sang on... "Big Bad Moon" rocks out loud.  :twisted:

I particularly dig the Dreaming #11 EP - the live version of Ice 9 is one of my favorite instrumentals ever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: