http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 04:17:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Job Interview Today: update [GOT THE JOB] - QUICK! New Dev.  (Read 4027 times)
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2004, 01:44:06 AM »

I'm with farley here. I don't see what decisions there are to make. It sounds like a great position as long as you're interested in the work. You were already going to take on the CFA thing anyway, and now you have someone that will pay for it too.

Again, if there's a downside here I don't see it either.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2004, 02:55:30 AM »

The downside would be shafting the other company involved since Eco apparently accepted their offer.  It depends on how he views that situation.  From a career standpoint, moving on might make more sense and his existing employer can't fault him for turning them down on this latest proposal when he already accepted another offer.  On the other hand, if he backs out of the first offer that could bite him in the ass down the road in terms of his reputation in the industry if he wants to change employers later on.

It's a tough situation, that's for sure.  I guess it would depend on what committments Eco has made to the company that gave him the offer to begin with.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2004, 07:24:35 AM »

The offer was in fact accepted, verbally, but according to the Preisdent it wouldn't be official till I return the signed offer letter to him which I still have in my pocession.   So, while calling him and telling him I'm staying with my current company in another role wouldn't be one of my favorite things to do,  I don't think it's nearly as bad as it could be.  

Meeting is Monday, so it's decision day as well.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2004, 08:24:29 PM »

Guy made my decision a lot easier today and withdrew the offer, after talking to my boss about it.  She pays him $3,500 in rent every month so maybe that had something to do with it.  

Anyway, I was honestly leaning toward the other position when I came to work today so I'm very content with things now.  I look forward to starting on January 3!   smile

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: