http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 04:55:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jblank: I demand satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  (Read 1331 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2007, 03:39:57 PM »

Ok jblank....

I threw down the gauntlet in the Console forum, and you never responded.

That's right... my smack down comment about how Nick Saban was about to spank your hineys this year....

So get to it!    I demand response!

icon_smile
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »

Just wave a couple Benjamins in front of Saban and he'll throw the season for you.

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:13:21 PM »

Spank? I wouldn't go that far. Considering its at your place, the odds are good you can win, but spank us? I'm curious, why all of the sudden is Saban is God, when Bama fans used to hate his guts and rip him when he was at LSU.

Anyway, it's April, way too early to make predictions, but if we have some of our highly touted Freshman step up, we could win 10 games, if not, we win 7. You guys didn't exactly have a great recruiting class, and you don't have loads of talent on offense, so you might wanna take a wait and see approach too. icon_wink

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:39:03 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 04:13:21 PM

I'm curious, why all of the sudden is Saban is God, when Bama fans used to hate his guts and rip him when he was at LSU.

Cause he's wearing the right colors now... DUH.

In any case, you guys can have your petty little rivalry battle.  We'll be playing for the NC instead.

Fight On.

gellar
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 03, 2007, 04:39:03 PM

I'm curious, why all of the sudden is Saban is God, when Bama fans used to hate his guts and rip him when he was at LSU.

In any case, you guys can have your petty little rivalry battle.  We'll be playing for the NC instead.

Fight On.

gellar

Who is your school?

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 04:49:09 PM

Fight On.

gellar

Who is your school?

You you cute southeasterners.  You do not recognize the battle cry of the preseason favorites for the NC?

gellar
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »

SC, good team, but around here, USC is the University of South Carolina, which is why here in the south, most people call your school, Southern Cal.

You guys should be good, but I wouldn't put too much money down on your team taking it all. LSU, Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, all schools that might be right there with you all.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »

I just remembered, you guys have to go to Lincoln this year to play Nebraska don't ya? Whew, that is gonna be a tough game, the Blackshirts will be primed for an upset that week.

Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »

Fight On.

gellar

Right up until you lose to us, again. Tongue

Face it, Booty isn't going to bring you a title.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 04:59:54 PM

You guys should be good, but I wouldn't put too much money down on your team taking it all. LSU, Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, all schools that might be right there with you all.

Certainly possible, though we're returning more starters and have the better recruiting classes than pretty much all of those schools, save arguably Florida.

gellar
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on April 03, 2007, 05:02:37 PM

Fight On.

gellar

People said that about Leinart.  Booty will be just fine at QB, if he doesn't lose the job to Sanchez.  He certainly destroyed Michigan well enough.  I'm confident in him to get the job done.

Also, you lose the right to talk trash about a win when you lose to FSU in your Emerald Bowl smile.

gellar
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 05:02:20 PM

I just remembered, you guys have to go to Lincoln this year to play Nebraska don't ya? Whew, that is gonna be a tough game, the Blackshirts will be primed for an upset that week.

Yeah the same was said about our opener against Arkansas last year.  Anyone remember the score of that game?

gellar
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 03, 2007, 05:08:47 PM

Yeah the same was said about our opener against Arkansas last year.  Anyone remember the score of that game?

gellar

The difference is that Nebraska has a defense, won't be starting a Freshman QB, and has a better HFA than Arkansas does. Big Red is my darkhorse NC candidate this year, I wouldn't sleep on 'em, that place is tough to play in.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 05:10:10 PM

gellar

The difference is that Nebraska has a defense, won't be starting a Freshman QB, and has a better HFA than Arkansas does. Big Red is my darkhorse NC candidate this year, I wouldn't sleep on 'em, that place is tough to play in.

Arkansas supposedly had all those things and didn't start a Freshman QB when we played them.  We were the reason they started a Freshman QB, cause we made their incumbent look like a retard.

I'm not saying it won't be a difficult game.  I'm just saying when you've lost just 6 games (and won 59) since 2002, there's a good chance you'll beat a team you're better than, even if it is in their stadium.

Some thoughts from ESPN regarding the 2007 Trojans (Article):

With 18 starters returning from a team that went 11-2, stomped Michigan in the Rose Bowl and finished ranked fourth in the nation, USC figures to be the preseason No. 1 next fall.

Booty is among a small handful of early favorites for the Heisman Trophy

While Booty will earn much of the preseason hype after passing for 3,347 yards with 29 touchdowns last season as a first-year starter

(Defense) Ten starters are back from a speedy, physical group that led the Pac-10 and ranked among the national leaders in nearly every major statistical category.

The spring media guide ambitiously notes that "a case can be made that almost each returning starter is an All-American candidate." That seems overblown until a person scans the glittering returning talent, which includes All-American nose tackle Sedrick Ellis, defensive end Lawrence Jackson (20 career sacks), the nation's best troika of linebackers -- Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing -- and an athletic, experienced secondary, fronted by sophomore free safety Taylor Mays, a budding superstar.

Coach Pete Carroll, owner of a 59-6 record since 2002 -- an absurd .908 winning percentage -- said the defense has a chance to match the 2004 crew that gave up just 13 points and 279 yards per game. He said 17 or 18 players have starting potential.

Running back is a huge question, but not in the typical way. The Trojans are now stocked with seven first- or second-year running backs who earned Parade prep All-American honors, including three who signed this winter. College coaches across the country will be eyeballing whoever falls in the pecking order as a potential transfer.

that some gurus believe USC in February signed the nation's best recruiting class for the fourth consecutive year.

Honestly, I haven't felt this optimistic about a Trojan team in a very long time.  I really didn't expect last year's team to do as well as it did (bad loss to UCLA aside).  I expect this year's team to win it all.

gellar
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 05:24:03 PM by gellar » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 05:20:52 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP THIS MADNESS.
                                                       START WATCHING THE CFL.

Oh, and can some mod bump this into sports.. I don't like my off-topic to get all mucked up with random topics. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 03, 2007, 05:19:23 PM

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 05:10:10 PM

gellar

Arkansas supposedly had all those things and didn't start a Freshman QB when we played them.  We were the reason they started a Freshman QB, cause we made their incumbent look like a retard.

I'm not saying it won't be a difficult game.  I'm just saying when you've lost just 6 games (and won 59) since 2002, there's a good chance you'll beat a team you're better than, even if it is in their stadium.

Some thoughts from ESPN regarding the 2007 Trojans (Article):

With 18 starters returning from a team that went 11-2, stomped Michigan in the Rose Bowl and finished ranked fourth in the nation, USC figures to be the preseason No. 1 next fall.

Booty is among a small handful of early favorites for the Heisman Trophy

While Booty will earn much of the preseason hype after passing for 3,347 yards with 29 touchdowns last season as a first-year starter

(Defense) Ten starters are back from a speedy, physical group that led the Pac-10 and ranked among the national leaders in nearly every major statistical category.

The spring media guide ambitiously notes that "a case can be made that almost each returning starter is an All-American candidate." That seems overblown until a person scans the glittering returning talent, which includes All-American nose tackle Sedrick Ellis, defensive end Lawrence Jackson (20 career sacks), the nation's best troika of linebackers -- Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing -- and an athletic, experienced secondary, fronted by sophomore free safety Taylor Mays, a budding superstar.

Coach Pete Carroll, owner of a 59-6 record since 2002 -- an absurd .908 winning percentage -- said the defense has a chance to match the 2004 crew that gave up just 13 points and 279 yards per game. He said 17 or 18 players have starting potential.

Running back is a huge question, but not in the typical way. The Trojans are now stocked with seven first- or second-year running backs who earned Parade prep All-American honors, including three who signed this winter. College coaches across the country will be eyeballing whoever falls in the pecking order as a potential transfer.

that some gurus believe USC in February signed the nation's best recruiting class for the fourth consecutive year.

Honestly, I haven't felt this optimistic about a Trojan team in a very long time.  I really didn't expect last year's team to do as well as it did (bad loss to UCLA aside).  I expect this year's team to win it all.

gellar

I could have swore Mustain started the game, but thinking back, I wasn't watching it, so I could be off on that.

Be careful of the hype machine Gellar. In 2005, with a top 3 recruiting class, we were Preseason #2 in most polls. At the end of the year..........5-6 and stayed home.

Just sayin'.... icon_wink

You might beat Nebraska, that is likely in fact, but they will have the best defense you play all year, be fired up, and the crowd will be loud. If Oregon State could beat you guys at their place, Nebraska can too.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 05:35:44 PM by jblank » Logged

Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:35:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 03, 2007, 05:08:23 PM

Quote from: Pyperkub on April 03, 2007, 05:02:37 PM

Fight On.

gellar

People said that about Leinart.  Booty will be just fine at QB, if he doesn't lose the job to Sanchez.  He certainly destroyed Michigan well enough.  I'm confident in him to get the job done.

Also, you lose the right to talk trash about a win when you lose to FSU in your Emerald Bowl smile.

gellar

No we don't... watch... 13-9!

And let's see, oh yeah 9-7 in the last 16, even spotting you 7 in a row!  :-)

I'll still say that Booty is the worst of your last 3 QB's, and I really don't think he has what it takes - in the end, he'll chunk a game or two that you need him to win, which will lead you to shouting, WHAT THE FLUFFY BUNNIES, Booty???

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 05:37:02 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 05:33:48 PM

I could have swore Mustain started the game, but thinking back, I wasn't watching it, so I could be off on that.

Be careful of the hype machine Gellar. In 2005, with a top 3 recruiting class, we were Preseason #2 in most polls. At the end of the year..........5-6 and stayed home.

Just sayin'.... icon_wink

You might beat Nebraska, that is likely in fact, but they will have the best defense you play all year, be fired up, and the crowd will be loud. If Oregon State could beat you guys at their place, Nebraska can too.

Mustain started the 2nd half after Whositwhat sucked so much in the first, if I recall.

And see, there's a difference between USC football and UCLA football:  We don't suck at it.  Also we have Pete Carroll.

gellar
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »

Spank? I wouldn't go that far. Considering its at your place, the odds are good you can win, but spank us? I'm curious, why all of the sudden is Saban is God, when Bama fans used to hate his guts and rip him when he was at LSU.

Anyway, it's April, way too early to make predictions, but if we have some of our highly touted Freshman step up, we could win 10 games, if not, we win 7. You guys didn't exactly have a great recruiting class, and you don't have loads of talent on offense, so you might wanna take a wait and see approach too. icon_wink

Depending on which site or recruitment analyst you look at, our recruiting class was clearly in the top 20.    Rivals had us at #10.   

Besides, Saban only had a month to work as far as recruiting goes.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on April 03, 2007, 05:35:34 PM

I'll still say that Booty is the worst of your last 3 QB's, and I really don't think he has what it takes - in the end, he'll chunk a game or two that you need him to win, which will lead you to shouting, WHAT THE FLUFFY BUNNIES, Booty???

I'd agree, but if the worst thing you are is not as good as Palmer or Leinart, that's not so much a bad thing. 

I can't fault him too badly for the UCLA loss - well, I can, but it was his first year so OK FINE YOU GET A MULLIGAN THERE, BOOTY.  YOU DO THAT AGAIN AND SANCHEZ WILL TAKE YOUR JOB AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND HER SISTER, YOU HEAR ME?

gellar
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »

And we hated him because we dreaded playing against his teams.   And of course because he mouthed off about us to his team to get them fired up.   

Of course now he's working for us, so it's cool.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 05:43:16 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on April 03, 2007, 05:38:33 PM

Depending on which site or recruitment analyst you look at, our recruiting class was clearly in the top 20.    Rivals had us at #10.   

Rivals had us at #3. thumbsup

Anyway, WAYYYYYYY too early to be plotting this stuff out. Too many variables.

I'm still wondering why you are so confident though, especially with that offense not exactly setting the world on fire with talent. Hell, rather than us, you need to worry about Arkansas and Georgia coming in and beating you guys in week 3 and 4. You guys could easily lose 6 games next year.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »

Quote from: jblank on April 03, 2007, 05:43:16 PM

Quote from: msduncan on April 03, 2007, 05:38:33 PM

Rivals had us at #3. thumbsup

Anyway, WAYYYYYYY too early to be plotting this stuff out. Too many variables.

I'm still wondering why you are so confident though, especially with that offense not exactly setting the world on fire with talent. Hell, rather than us, you need to worry about Arkansas and Georgia coming in and beating you guys in week 3 and 4. You guys could easily lose 6 games next year.

I'm not... I'm just getting some classic early college football smack talk in.   

I actually don't fear losing 6 games....   Shula was a horrible coach and able to pull off more than that, so I'm confident Saban can at least give us a decent record in his first year.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 07:42:25 PM »

Nick Saban, asleep in his LazyBoy, is a better coach than Shula.

You guys will be fine, but for 2007, he might be only to do so much. 2008? Watch out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: