http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:59:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Language Pack for Windows Vista  (Read 3448 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »

i need a Japanese Language Pack for my PC,do i need to have Office installed(you have to pay seperately for Office,right?)

or is there a japanese language pack that can be downloaded and work straight away,i downloaded the japanese language pack from MS but i think i need Office as it wouldnt install it properly

thanks for any help

OR..

could someone translate this for me please(i know its something that i will find very interesting...and maybe you lot as well)

東京ゲームショウの見方=ブランド重視とマルチプラットフォーム化が加速
2008年10月14日(火) 17時45分
 10月9日から12日まで、「東京ゲームショウ2008」(千葉・幕張メッセ)が開催された。顕著だったのは、家庭用ゲームソフト業界でブランド重視とマルチプラットフォーム化(多機種間でのソフト発売)が加速していることだ。

今回のゲームショウで最も注目を集めていたのが、スクウェア・エニックス・ホールディングス <9684> の「ドラゴンクエスト9 星空の守り人」(09年3月発売予定、ニンテンドーDS用)とカプコン <9697> の「バイオハザード5」(09年3月12日発売予定、プレイステーション3・Xbox360用)。続編ビジネスには賛否両論があるものの、景気悪化による売れ行きへの影響が懸念されるなかでは、すでに一定の評価があり、手堅くヒットを見込めるシリーズ物の新作に力が注がれるのも致し方ない面がある。

このマルチプラットフォーム展開は、海外市場投入に耐え得る商品ということで、人気シリーズへの傾斜はこの先勢いを増す可能性が高い。ゲームショウでは、PS3とXbox360の両機種向けに発売されるタイトルの増加が顕著で、据え置き型は将来この両機種を軸に展開しそうだ。据え置き型は従来、PS3のみ対応のソフトが多かったが、Xbox360の世界的人気上昇が、両機種向け発売数増加の背景にあるようだ。高画質追求など立場が似通う機種だけに、メーカーの収益源多様化の意図が垣間見える。特にスクエニHDのマルチ化傾向は強く、目玉のロールプレイングゲーム「スターオーシャン4」は、Xbox360向けが試遊台に人を集めていた。「世界展開、マルチプラットフォームはできる限り追求していく」(スクエニHD 経営企画部・徳永美沙氏)とのコメントからも、マルチ化への意気込みがうかがえる。

そのほかではコナミ <9766> への注目も高かった。会場で人気を博していた大作「メタルギア ソリッド4」(PS3向け)について、「世界中で要望の多い『Xbox360』向けの発売も前向きに検討している」(コナミ 広報室・改井良隆氏)と、やはりマルチプラットフォームを視野に入れる。ただ、PS3向けにのみ発売されるタイトルが減ることで、ソニー <6758> にとっては悪材料となりそうだ。同シリーズはソニー陣営の有力ブランドとなっているだけに、今後の動向次第ではコナミとソニーの株価に影響を及ぼす可能性も否定できない。

[ 株式新聞速報ニュース/KABDAS-EXPRESS ]
提供:モーニングスター社

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »

I was able to make out "Squiggly line, straight line, squiggly line, circle, period" before I passed out....

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

There's always BabelFish.

Viewpoint = brand concern of Tokyo game Shaw's multi-platform conversion acceleration 2008 October 14th (the fire) 17:45, “Tokyo game Shaw 2008” (Chiba Makuhari [metsuse]) was held from October 9th to 12 days. Those where it is remarkable brand concern multi-platform conversion (software sale between the multi types) are to accelerate in game software industry for home.  With latest game Shaw most attracting attention, “the protection person of the dragon QUEST 9 starry sky” of [sukuuea] [enitsukusu] [horudeingusu] (March of 09 sale schedule and for [nintendo] DS) with “biohazard 5” of [kapukon] (March 12th of 09 sale schedule and play station for 3 Xbox360). Although there is a for and against both theory in continuation business, while influence to the demand with business deterioration feels concern, there is fixed appraisal already, there is a surface where also it is helpless for power to be poured to the new work of series ones which can anticipate hit steadily.  As for this multi-platform development, with the commodity which can withstand overseas market throwing, inclination to the popularity series the possibility of increasing the spirit ahead this is high. With game Shaw, increase of the title which is sold in for both types of PS3 and Xbox360 being remarkable, as for deferred type in the future it may develop these both types in the axis. As for deferred type until recently, only PS3 the software of correspondence was many, but the worldwide popularity rise of Xbox360, for both types seems that is the background of sale several increases. In just the type where such as high picture quality pursuit standpoint resembles, intention of profit source diversification of the manufacturer can peep. Especially, multiple conversion tendency of [sukueni] HD was strong, as for roll playing game “star ocean of the eyeball 4”, for Xbox360 gathered the person in the test playing stand. “Worldwide development, it keeps pursuing the multi-platform as much as possible”, (the [sukueni] HD management planning department Tokunaga beauty sand person) with, you can infer the enthusiasm to multiple conversion even from comment.  With the other things also attention to [konami] was high. Daisaku “metal gear solid 4 which” gains popularity at the meeting place concerning (for PS3), “demand it is many in the world, 'it examines also the sale of Xbox360' for forward”, ([konami] Public Relations Dept. reforming well Yoshitaka) with, the after all multi-platform is taken into consideration. Simply, by the fact that the title which is sold decreases, it may become the bad material in for only PS3 for SONY. Because the same series has become the powerful brand of the SONY camp, either the possibility of exerting influence on stock price of [konami] and SONY cannot deny with future trend circumstance. [Stock newspaper bulletin news /KABDAS-EXPRESS] offer: Morning the star corporation

Thanks for it not being NSFW...   paranoid
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:28:43 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »

thanks Isgrimnur..i never knew about BabelFish(now added to favourites)...and whats NSFW?(as Austin Powers would say..sorry i'm British,LOL)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »

Not Safe for Work.

I was half-tempted to go look for a nice stamp-type image, but the thought of Google-ing NSFW while at work fills me with a cold terror...

Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »

I don't think the language packs for Windows do what you were hoping for anyway.  As far as I know, they don't translate text from documents and webpages.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on October 14, 2008, 09:24:28 PM

I don't think the language packs for Windows do what you were hoping for anyway.  As far as I know, they don't translate text from documents and webpages.

+1.  I think it's just for character display.  Iirc, the Yahoo toolbar gives you a right-click menu option to translate the page and pops into a new tab (in Firefox).

Zero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 14, 2008, 09:35:09 PM

Quote from: Biyobi on October 14, 2008, 09:24:28 PM

+1.  I think it's just for character display.  Iirc, the Yahoo toolbar gives you a right-click menu option to translate the page and pops into a new tab (in Firefox).

I think they use babelfish in the yahoo toolbar.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »

Google also has a series of translation tools available here:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Personally, I think that they do a much better job than babelfish; at least for the 2 languages that I know.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:56:35 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 14, 2008, 08:48:33 PM

Not Safe for Work.

I was half-tempted to go look for a nice stamp-type image, but the thought of Google-ing NSFW while at work fills me with a cold terror...

LOL I tested it out and you had good reason! (and that was with Safesearch ON!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: