http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 07:01:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jane Fonda's face is used as a spittoon  (Read 4135 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 11:17:11 PM »

Jolly good show!

Hey, Unbreakable.  Just wondered if your avatar comes from the cover of a KMFDM album?  Looks like the cover of Godlike...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 11:19:46 PM »

Troll (noun): An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

I will not name names, instead I leave it to the general public to decide.

Who reads these anyway?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2005, 11:36:47 PM »

okay i only read parts of this and frankly i dont really care but one thing caught my mind - i like to think i have a pretty decent vocabulary and one word used caught my eye - a "fallacious" arguement -

is this an arguement made by a person who likes to give blowjobs??? i too lazy to look it up (or is that word spelled with an e, not a???)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2005, 11:59:45 PM »

from dictionary.com:

fallacious

adj 1: containing or based on a fallacy; "fallacious reasoning"; "an unsound argument" [syn: unsound]

Now, if I had spelled it 'fellatious'.... unibrow

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2005, 12:21:05 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
As far as the rest of the stuff, with her supposedly turning in people for passing her notes, etc, it has been debunked and never occurred.

Actually I was rather against her. I assume that stuff DID happen. Must be that silly liberal media hiding facts again.....

unbreakable
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2005, 08:57:52 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Jolly good show!

Hey, Unbreakable.  Just wondered if your avatar comes from the cover of a KMFDM album?  Looks like the cover of Godlike...

Wow, another fan!  Yeah, I couldnt figure out what to use as an avatar, but I really liked the artwork KMFDM uses for their album covers.  Some site has a bunch of them for download, and this one seemed, to me, to be the coolest one.
unbreakable
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2005, 09:13:44 AM »

The fact that she enabled herself to be used as a propaganda tool has been admitted even by her.  And said propaganda was not meant for us, but for the soldiers fighting against us.

I truly and honestly hope you arent taking the position that, sans Fonda, they would have been at a complete and total loss of propaganda material.  PLEASE say that isnt the case.

No, but where you are making a political statement can certainly lend weight to that statement.  By posing with North Vietnamese soldiers with military hardware that was likely used against US soldiers, she effectively said to the world that she was on their side, not that she was merely protesting what our country was doing.  Whether that's what she meant to do or not is irrelevant, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that doing that doesn't help the cause she purportedly believed in.

If she didnt do something foolish, she wouldnt be apologizing now, huh?  Your problem is in thinking Im defending her; Im not.  Im saying she expressed her opinion, as was (and is) her right to do.  Im not saying that she was right, Im just saying she has just as much right to have a well thought out and intelligent opinion as she does a poorly formed and stupid one.

So when you go and start flaming someone on an internet forum because their opinion doesnt fall in lockstep with yours, it just serves to make you sound like a fool.

It's called a figure of speech.  Since you can't get past that, let me translate and further elaborate: If you think it's a good idea for celebrities to go party it up with our enemies and give them (inadvertently or not) some juicy footage of them posing with soldiers that had in all likelyhood killed at least one of their countrymen within a week, then you are delusional.

So it's alright for our nation's leaders to have lavish dinners with the leaders of China, Saudi Arabia, etc., and to accept large monetary donations from them, but for a celebrity to behave in a similar manner is somehow a different moral issue?

And it's amazing how you create this analogy between people informing themselves and treason.  If there isnt anything wrong being done, an honest person would welcome the scrutiny.  I wonder what they are trying to hide?

I created no such analogy.  One can inform oneself without being treasonous

Ah, I see.  They can inform themselves, they just have to shut up if you dont like what they have to say.

obviously, you've been there, so I'm eagerly awaiting your first-hand account of what it is really like.

One could easily say the same to you.

So I'm guessing you see how ridiculous your assumptions of what is and isn't going on over there are?  I at least have friends that have/ are serving over there or are in the military intelligence community, so I am getting some first-hand information.

:roll:

Oh yeah, Im the one sounding foolish.  Tell 007 I said "hi"
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2005, 01:50:03 PM »

I truly and honestly hope you arent taking the position that, sans Fonda, they would have been at a complete and total loss of propaganda material.  PLEASE say that isnt the case.

How in the hell can you draw that assumption from what I said?  I never made any such assertion.  The footage w/ Jane Fonda made for an arguably better propaganda tool, certainly, but I'm sure that they, like us, were churning it out at a regular pace.

If she didnt do something foolish, she wouldnt be apologizing now, huh?  Your problem is in thinking Im defending her; Im not.  Im saying she expressed her opinion, as was (and is) her right to do.  Im not saying that she was right, Im just saying she has just as much right to have a well thought out and intelligent opinion as she does a poorly formed and stupid one.

And I agree with that assertion.  It's just when you go to and cavort with the enemy in their own country be prepared for the backlash it's going to cause.  And be prepared to be called a traitor.

So when you go and start flaming someone on an internet forum because their opinion doesnt fall in lockstep with yours, it just serves to make you sound like a fool.

I seem to recall my involvement in this diatribe starting with pointing out that your comparisons to GWB and Christian saints to be fallacious.  So, who's the more foolish?

So it's alright for our nation's leaders to have lavish dinners with the leaders of China, Saudi Arabia, etc., and to accept large monetary donations from them, but for a celebrity to behave in a similar manner is somehow a different moral issue?

Of course it's alright for our nation's leaders to have lavish dinners with the leaders of China, Saudi Arabia, etc.- it's part of their job, and it's called diplomacy.  Why can't you see the distinction between political leaders and celebrities?

Ah, I see.  They can inform themselves, they just have to shut up if you dont like what they have to say.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.  I have never stated that anyone should shut up- including you.

Oh yeah, Im the one sounding foolish.  Tell 007 I said "hi"

I said military intelligence, not counter-intelligence.  Is it so far a reach that I may know a few people who are actually in the military?

And with that, I'm done with this little distraction.  I'll just keep on refuting Unbreakable's inaccuracies and straw men, and he'll just keep on making personal attacks.  I'm bored now.

Mike Dunn
unbreakable
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2005, 10:47:34 PM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"

How in the hell can you draw that assumption from what I said?  I never made any such assertion.  The footage w/ Jane Fonda made for an arguably better propaganda tool, certainly, but I'm sure that they, like us, were churning it out at a regular pace.

So it didnt matter whether she was there or not, because either way the propaganda would have come out.  So as far as your assertation that she 'helped' them, your opinion rates a solid score of 'meh'.

And I agree with that assertion.  It's just when you go to and cavort with the enemy in their own country be prepared for the backlash it's going to cause.  And be prepared to be called a traitor.

So in other words, a person is barred from finding things out for themselves, because if they actually GO there, they are 'cavorting with the enemy'.  Too bad Fox News wasnt around back then; she could have just been content with hearing from them how great the 'rebuilding' of Vietnam was going.

I seem to recall my involvement in this diatribe starting with pointing out that your comparisons to GWB and Christian saints to be fallacious.  So, who's the more foolish?

Still you.  I can draw any comparison I like, and my comparison is still valid.  It's sad that people's current idea of 'intelligent' debate is attacking the questioner rather than the question.

Of course it's alright for our nation's leaders to have lavish dinners with the leaders of China, Saudi Arabia, etc.- it's part of their job, and it's called diplomacy.

No, their JOB is to work in the interest of the United States, not to work in the interest of themselves.

Why can't you see the distinction between political leaders and celebrities?

Because I dont elevate one group of people over another, as you do.  Tehy are all US Citizens in my book.

I said military intelligence, not counter-intelligence.  Is it so far a reach that I may know a few people who are actually in the military?

And with that, I'm done with this little distraction.  I'll just keep on refuting Unbreakable's inaccuracies and straw men, and he'll just keep on making personal attacks.  I'm bored now.

Ha, IM the one making personal attacks.  Thats pretty rich; feel free to point one out.  It's always funny to see the attacker act like the victim.

And no, I dont believe you are 'in the loop' as far as the military intel over there goes.  My brother was in military intelligence, and I have another friend who is right now.  Just because they are working a job doesnt mean they know whats going on- there is this little thing called 'need to know'.  So unless your friend is an intelligence analyst, they are only seeing a tiny and insignificant slice what is going on.  Sorry bro- scuttlebutt isnt 'military inteligence', no matter how hard you try to dress it up.

And if it WERE factual and relevant, it would be classified.  So either you are exagerating, or bullshitting, or you are getting passed classified info (which means your friend(s) is/are breaking the law and risking imprisonment solely to keep you informed).  Hmm, Im going to go with either A or B.
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2005, 10:54:37 PM »

:roll:

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2005, 11:23:07 PM »

Crowley, I couldn't agree with you more.

Oh wait, yes I can:

Mike Dunn
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2005, 11:23:18 PM »

Are we going to have a dance off now?

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print