http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 11:30:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Happened. Im OLD  (Read 971 times)
HankRaptor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »

I was at a friends house and he has a teenager that had the music CRANKED... It annoyed me to NO END. It then hit me like a ton of Bricks.. I used to listen to Black Sabbath like that in the late 70s and early 80s.

I used to LIVE for music.. I cant tell you too much about new music anymore, I cant even REMEMBER the last CD I bought.. my Ipod is full of Tom Waits, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Norah Jones, Bruce Springsteen....

I have crossed over.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »

Yeah that feeling was awful the first time I had it. Was on the L which stopped at Fullerton (Du Paul University) when two college girls got on and started talking about their furture plans. It was total fantasy of what they expected and what I knew the reality was. I wanted to blurt out:

"You girls don't know what you are talking about."

Not only did I think of them as "girls" (wasn't I just in college a little bit ago?) but that was the first time I felt like I had real life experience under my belt that I could share my wisdom.

Ugh. I'm still trying to accept that I had crossed over from being "with it" to "old."
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 05:39:22 PM »

I was 15 when I first had an experience like this. I just shook my head at the horrible music people were listening to.

PSN ID: EduardoX
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 06:53:58 PM »

:wink:

Ye Olde Farte
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 07:22:44 PM »

I doubt the problem is age related.  I think (and feel free to agree or disagree) that it's an issue of music taste.

If the kid had been, for example, cranking out some Black Sabbath, you probably would have been into it.

One recent quirk about myself I find pretty amusing: I've been branching out into different kinds of music lately, but I'm STILL listening to old music!  For example, I've been getting a bit into the rock/rap thing, but instead of checking out a new group (or simply new albums), I'm listening to Public Enemy and stuff.

So I'm not really listening to new music, I'm just listening to a different genre of old music.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »

Music back then, IMO, was something almost all of us could listen to.
Seems the only bands these days that can still fill a stadium on their own are the ones that have been around 30 years (Rolling Stones, Chicago, and so on) but the newer ones are having trouble filling up all the seats even when they've got 5 other bands touring with them. (Kristmas Kaos here in Miami, FL for example. KoRn was headling it.)

We're all getting old anyway. You start getting old the day you're born.. I always think about age because I look back and wonder where the hell 1999 went to.. then you watch a movie like Exaclibur or History of the world (both made around 1981) and good movies right? But then you realize, holy shit, they were made TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO!
Just look at Mel Brooks he's like some kind of moving stone-statue these days..

That's life though, we all get old, sooner than later it seems. Just enjoy life while you can right? Pump up some "Live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw or "Days go by" by Keith Urban and if you take the lyrics to heart, it can really wake your life up.. because I wasn't doing much with my life until the live like you were dying lyrics hit me, and now I'm doing just that.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:28:38 PM »

In not so sure, i dont crank music anywhere anymore.. doesnt appeal to me... I start wincing...

I think my two sons are the reason for this though ( 5 and 7 )

I treasure when I have peace and quiet.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:24:31 PM »

I felt old when I first saw Flavor Flav on a VH1 reality show...with Brigitte Nielsen!  She was calling him 'Foofy foo' or some shiat...c'mon, this guy was in PE!  They MEANT something once!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
c'mon, this guy was in PE!  They MEANT something once!

One of my students mentioned Flavor Flav (from that show and his commercials) and they asked me who he was and why he was famous.  They had never heard of Public Enemy.  I know that was a while ago, but...  It just isn't right! :cry:

I guess I am old, too.  DAMNIT, I'm not even 30!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:35:36 AM »

I got news for you,I'm so olde I've never heard of them either! :shock:

Ye Olde Farte
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

These threads are so damn depressing.  So why do I read them?  :?

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 01:42:46 AM »

I know I've said it before, but my turning point was when I heard a song I listened to in High School on a classic rock station.

Ugh.

My saving grace, however, is that I really can never point back to any time in my past and say I would rather be there than where I am now.  Sure, it was really terrible for a while there (like a year and a half ago), but fortunately things always tend to work out for the better.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 12:48:28 AM »

I'm so old... I haven't heard of any of YOU...

Well okay, dbt1949 - him I've heard of!  :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: