http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 05:07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It happened to me...  (Read 482 times)
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:33:21 PM »

I work in the IT department for a mortgage lender, and they have decided, as of this morning, to close their Western office here in Phoenix.  Myself and the other 2 helpdesk/sysadmin guys are staying for another 5 weeks or so to facilitate the stepdown from production.

So, now that the frenzy of people cleaning their desks is over, I've been granting mailbox rights to Exchange boxes to managers still here and forwarding electronic faxes to email addresses of people still working here.  Tomorrow begins the inventory process so we know exactly how much we're shipping back to the home office; then we can begin packing and shipping.

The catch:  I have to work until February 15th or I don't get my severance.  That includes regular pay and accrued PTO through March 7th, my yearly bonus from last year, and benefits.  The Warn Act says they have to pay us through March 7th, and the skeleton crew left over is getting a bonus 6 weeks of pay to help with the transition.

I'm basically a help desk guy with knowledge of Active Directory and some server administration.  Working on my CCNA certification.  I was hoping my current company would weather the storm, but alas, no such luck.  Speaking of luck, wish me some for the months ahead.

(Cross-posted at OO Everything But Gaming forums)

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »

If you are interested, send me a PM.  I can refer you to a consulting company I used to work for- they have offices all over the USA and can help you find a job (either temp or perm).

In fact, they found me my current job, and close to all the work I've had since 2000.
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:52:55 PM »

Changing jobs always sucks, but something better will come along.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: