http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 04:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this starting to feel like GG?  (Read 7423 times)
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2004, 11:10:41 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
R&P as a seperate forum is just something that some people find important. You can't just tell them "absolutely not" and expect them all to be just happy.

Heh, am I the only one that noticed that most of the people that NEED a seperate R&P forum are the ones that were up in arms about it when GG created one?  :shock:

Nope... I had the same thought smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2004, 11:12:10 PM »

R&P as a seperate forum is just something that some people find important. You can't just tell them "absolutely not" and expect them all to be just happy.

Heh, am I the only one that noticed that most of the people that NEED a seperate R&P forum are the ones that were up in arms about it when GG created one?  :shock:

That IS kinda funny isn't it?  :lol:
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2004, 11:35:12 PM »

Yup, people change their minds.  Shocking, huh? smile

My arguing is over.  This thread is making me want to stay here less, and that's not what I want.  Right now I just feel like I want to be Mr. Overly Happy Grade School Teacher in a Cardigan and say "BOTH communities are GREAT!  We should share in the good things that EACH brings to the table!" smile  If you don't want that, no one's forcing you.  I just think it's sad to see a great community splintered.  So it goes...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

Ok, Kathode is right. I have made my point, and I stand by it, but he is right-nothing is proven by continuing to drive a wedge-wasn't my entire point that taking this whole thing so seriously was silly for us supposedly well-adjusted adults? Point taken Kathode, I shall bow out now. A flame fest is not helpful for anyone at this time.
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2004, 12:00:58 AM »

It's amazing how a forum topic can crumble so quickly. I started this thread to simply give a nod to our new hosts -- thankful that the GG community hadn't disappeared when their web site went missing.

Come on guys (& gals), in the great scheme of things, this just isn't very important. Get a grip and enjoy what we've got.
Grifman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2004, 12:30:14 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"

That IS kinda funny isn't it?  :lol:

I think the point is not necessarily a separate forum per se, but the fact that there seemed to be some hesitation here earlier about allowing ANY R&P threads whatsoever, whether in a separate forum or in EBG.  At first the answer here was no R&P topics, then CG graciously decided to allow such threads on a trial basis.  That's not the same as what you are making it out to be.

Grifman
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2004, 02:47:55 AM »

I really don't think the status of the R&P topics here at CG were a major contributor to the other site coming into existence.  Of course, I don't think that it was ego on the part of the former staff that was the driving force, either, so take my opinion for what its worth...

~Neal
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2004, 03:03:00 AM »

Well I'm personally going to see how well splitting myself between two forums works out. Sooner or later I may wind up going more to one than the other which isn't a bad thing. So far it's a bit strange flipping back and forth between forums but a lot of the people are the same familiar names which was really all I was looking for kinda.

How does this work again?
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2004, 03:24:30 AM »

No offense to the other forum, but this pisses me off a bit. Everyone flies here after GG went down, KD made tons of accommodations (of which I'm very appreciative), and then alluva sudden, everyone flies over to that half-assed forum, and it's dead here again.

:angry:
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2004, 03:42:13 AM »

What we need is a little U.2.K. Tha Greate$t action. Where are you, U.2.K.? I want my Dreamcast news now! Some people have yet to be schooled on the evils of evolution. Please let us continue to bask in the glowing warmth of your warming glow.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2004, 03:56:13 AM »

Quote from: "Raven VII"
No offense to the other forum, but this pisses me off a bit. Everyone flies here after GG went down, KD made tons of accommodations (of which I'm very appreciative), and then alluva sudden, everyone flies over to that half-assed forum, and it's dead here again.

:angry:

I can definitely understand both frustration and anger.  Figuring out the proper target for that frustration and anger, however, is no small feat.

The CG crew became triple-jointed in trying to accomodate the "boat people" set adrift when SS Gone Gold when down.  A lot of people are giving this board the benefit of the doubt, based on that welcome reception, to see if this is their next online home.   I wouldn't fault a soul for following that thought process.  Other people are playing forum-whore, bouncing back and forth trying to figure out which place they like best.  I can't fault folks for doing that either.  Personally, I don't think having options is a bad thing.  If there was any chance that one website was going to pick up *EVERY* refugee from GG, then I could see the beef.  However, the only way that would have happened is if there was some Stephen Wright-esque guy who came into Gone Gold in the middle of the night and replaced that site with an exact duplicate.  

I think folks should feel tremendously thankful that Ron and his crew had this great site here for them to wash ashore once SS Gone Gold hit the rocks.  I also think folks should be able to decide for themselves if this is going to become their new forum home.  I don't think anyone could begrudge them their reasons for saying "Yes, this is my new online living room," or for saying "No, this is not the place for me, let me investigate my other options."

Again, all just my opinions.  This is a pretty dramatic thing for a whole lot of people.  Passion and emotions are still running high among some of us.

~Neal
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2004, 05:10:11 AM »

Its most unsettling to see 'Newbie' under your name Neal. :wink:

I like it here though.  I do miss GG but I'm warming up to CG rather easily.  Thanks CG!
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2004, 05:15:53 AM »

I agree that more choices are always better than less choices.

It is my belief that even if GG itself came back online WITH Rich himself at the helm and welcoming everyone back, still some people would not be happy and not go back.

The lesson to be learned:  The moment GG went down, things changed, that's that.  From here on out, new community ties will be formed, some will contain varying amounts of GG remnants. That is the natural way of things, those who allow that fact to be a source of frustration only spoil their own chance to become part of the New Flesh.
RunningMn9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2004, 05:33:49 AM »

Since I get what I need from my gaming site needs here now, other sites hold no interest from me. Of course, those sites may fill the needs of others and I wouldn't begrudge them their choice to go that route.

This is the part that I don't get.  Why doesn't everyone understand that simple concept?

CG seems like a great place.  I feel like an intruder here (not in a way unrelated to the feeling some of us got in the post-split GG forums).  I don't feel like an intruder there.

But one thing that should be clear is that OO is *not* trying to recreate GG.  It's taking some things that the mods felt "worked", and then trying other things that they didn't feel they could do when they didn't own the boards.

It's not about ego.  When your house burns down, some people move in with relatives, some take the time to build a house that they really wanted.  Why would either begrudge the other?

CG bent over backwards as far as they were willing to go - which was FANTASTIC.  It still isn't the place that I'm looking for.  It's not them, it's me.  smile

I don't want them to change to accomodate me.  I don't think they should have changed ANYTHING to accomodate the refugees.  I think the refugees should have changed to accomodate CG.  Maybe that's why I feel like an invader here, and not an invader over there.

And lastly, in all honesty Rage - don't you think that maybe the GG community fractured just a little bit, way before GG turned out the lights?
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2004, 05:41:02 AM »

I'm just glad I saw the little blurb at bluesnews today or else I'm still lost without my daily dose of GG forums.

Glad I found this again, although I haven't really been posting much lately due to work, but that's another post, lol

*wave*
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2004, 06:05:38 AM »

Quote from: "RunningMn9"
I don't think they should have changed ANYTHING to accomodate the refugees.  I think the refugees should have changed to accomodate CG.  Maybe that's why I feel like an invader here, and not an invader over there.

I think I'd have probably felt the same way, EXCEPT that everyone here(Knightshade, Agtfox, etc) has made it clear they don't object to new blood AND that most if not all changes were things they had planned anyways.  If the regulars, or mods, here had voiced even a little concern that GG immigrants were sucking up their resources, I know I would have left right away.
RunningMn9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2004, 06:21:02 PM »

I think I'd have probably felt the same way, EXCEPT that everyone here(Knightshade, Agtfox, etc) has made it clear they don't object to new blood AND that most if not all changes were things they had planned anyways.  If the regulars, or mods, here had voiced even a little concern that GG immigrants were sucking up their resources, I know I would have left right away.

Well, that's not totally true.  They did object rather strenuously at first to the idea of R&P topics, and then there was the WBS post (which I understand does NOT represent the views of CG).  But I hesitate to even say this because I don't want to make it sound like my choice has anything to do with some deficiency in the welcome wagon that KD provided.

As I've said before, I was impressed and it's made me want to check out the content on his main site.

But I think that many people are going to decide where to go based on which former GGers are going where.  As I alluded to earlier, I think the GG community was fractured rather significantly during the whole R&P split debacle.  For the most part, those two camps seem to be gravitating to two different new communities.

Whether it's right or wrong, I can't say I'm surprised.  But I still don't understand why some people (Rage) are bent about people moving along.  Should I be bent at Rage for staying here and not spending all of his time at OO?

I don't think so, and I'd be more than happy to find out that Rage understands that not every registered poster on GG will join the same community - and that's ok.

People can come here and enjoy what KD and staff offer, people can go to OO and enjoy what the former mod community offer, people can go to both, or people can go to neither.  Maybe we should just be respectful of whatever choice individual posters make?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2004, 06:55:20 PM »

Quote from: "RunningMn9"

Well, that's not totally true.  They did object rather strenuously at first to the idea of R&P topics, and then there was the WBS post (which I understand does NOT represent the views of CG).  But I hesitate to even say this because I don't want to make it sound like my choice has anything to do with some deficiency in the welcome wagon that KD provided.

I love how I'm still be pointed to about this as if I talked badly about your sister, RM9. For what it's worth, I've always liked and respected you and your opinions. smile As someone who was lurking the site since slightly after its inception, I'd say the GG community just grew in different ways over the years as any sizable community is likely to do. It's just the nature of having so many people with so many differing points of view all in the same kettle all at the same time. Depending on the time of day, it could be a bland mix, a spicy mix, or something in between. That's simply how it goes.

My opinion of the R&P forum (and when I would post there, 9 times out of 10 was to mock something or someone who was trolling) was not something I felt necessary to post all over GG because I didn't have a say in it, the creation of the forum was going to cause a schism regardless (large or small depending on reactions at the time) and the EBG forum was damn near clogged with R&P topics most of which were either trollish or silly in nature. Your long-running evolution thread (I think it was, please correct me if I'm wrong here) was a pretty damn strong exception to that, so it's not like regular discourse of issues didn't exist. It was just so far in the minority that it felt a little ridiculous.

My opinions of the style of moderation there was never a personal thing (heck, I've talked a bit to the mods and they're a nifty crew of people) to it - I just didn't care for what I felt to be a lack of a sense of moderation regarding trolling and the like. Just to clarify.

Agree, disagree, such is life and such is life on the intra-web. smile I'd gladly welcome you to CG and hope you stick around.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
GuidoTKP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2004, 07:40:42 PM »

Actually, it wasn't about a separate R&P forum (here at CG), so much as it was about being able to discuss whatever we wanted to without offending the forum gods.  I still wish a separate R&P Forum had never been created at GG.
Zarathud
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2004, 04:56:42 AM »

I liked the idea of a separate Religion & Politics section at GG.  People are going to discuss it anyway (especially in this election year), and it makes sense to get the impolite conversation (and trolls) out where you're forewarned before you head in.  Plus, I truly believe that the best aspect of Gone Gold was people sharing almost every aspect of themselves.  No matter how kooky someone's view was in a politics debate, I could see what games they were playing and know that we had something in common (assuming they weren't a troll).  There are plenty of other great gaming sites, but very few places where I could discuss almost everything with fellow gamers.

My new home will be where I can find that "all inclusive" gamer haven.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2004, 02:17:23 PM »

My opinions of the style of moderation there was never a personal thing (heck, I've talked a bit to the mods and they're a nifty crew of people) to it - I just didn't care for what I felt to be a lack of a sense of moderation regarding trolling and the like. Just to clarify.

Two questions then...

Why did you make it personal?

Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Your original post...

There was the great Mod Uprising which resulted, I feel, in the complete joke that was the GG moderation upon the forum's demise last week

Said nothing of the sort and was extremely insulting. If you didn't mean what you said, why did you keep reasserting it in your follow-up's?

Anyway, I don't mean to keep bringing it back up but I want to know what you really meant. I always thought you were a decent guy, and I regretted not being able to make it to the DFW Get-Togethers so I'd like to clear this up.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2004, 03:13:12 PM »

To clarify godhugh - I felt (and if I insulted you at a personal level I apologize as that was not my intent) the job of moderation that was done at GG was poor, though never did I feel "Hey, that mod sucks at their job AND sucks as  a human being." Never meant it to be construed as such, and if you took offense at a personal level which was never intended, then like I said I apologize. smile

Heck, if we do a DFW Get Together this year again then let me buy you a beer, and try to bury the hatchet. Like I said, it was never meant as a personal attack though it's easy enough to see why it was taken that way by several. I also feel that fanning the flame is, at this point, moot, hence I'm just staying out of it. There is our forum which everyone is welcome to, and there is the other forum, which everyone is welcome to. Gotta love freedom of choice, eh? smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2004, 03:15:21 PM »

If anyone should feel uncomfortable, it's people like me who don't feel strongly one way or the other and are left bobbing in the surf waiting to see how things settle out. But I totally understand the old GG staff's desire to rebuild and I appreciate the CG staff's willingness to accept newcomers in overwhelming numbers. I also find it unfortunate that some look at the GG staff's website as some "johnny come lately" thing that went into effect after we'd all found a perfectly good home at CG. Anyone paying attention would realize that the decision by the GG staff to create a new site was virtually immediate - and the whole thing has been pulled together very quickly given that nobody's actually getting paid for this. It isn't as if they said "let's try CG for a while. Uh, nope - don't like CG. Let's go somewhere else and do our own thing." The idea to create a new site was in the works as soon as GG was declared dead. And if I can see this - as someone who is not part of the GG staff and was not privy to any particular inside view of what they were doing - then anyone ought to be able to see it.

One other thing I'd like to clear up since I've seen it mentioned (can't remember where. IRC maybe? Dunno.)... Yes, I sent a brief news item to Stephen Heaslip of Blues News since I hadn't seen anything posted there about GG's demise. As is his editorial right, he chose what parts of my e-mail he wanted to reprint, and he chose NOT to include links to BOTH of the forums I'd submitted (www.consolegold.com and www.pcgamesforum.com) in the interests of equal time - and so that GG regulars could be sure to find their old buds regardless of where they'd ended up. This made it appear, therefore, that I had singled out one of the forums because he'd associated my ncikname with the report he wrote, when in fact the last thing I wanted to do was fan any flames of dissention that might be felt by people frequenting one board or the other.

Sith

Formerly Sith Lord
Arowyn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2004, 08:38:32 PM »

Quote from: "Sith Lord"
If anyone should feel uncomfortable, it's people like me who don't feel strongly one way or the other and are left bobbing in the surf waiting to see how things settle out. But I totally understand the old GG staff's desire to rebuild and I appreciate the CG staff's willingness to accept newcomers in overwhelming numbers. I also find it unfortunate that some look at the GG staff's website as some "johnny come lately" thing that went into effect after we'd all found a perfectly good home at CG. Anyone paying attention would realize that the decision by the GG staff to create a new site was virtually immediate - and the whole thing has been pulled together very quickly given that nobody's actually getting paid for this. It isn't as if they said "let's try CG for a while. Uh, nope - don't like CG. Let's go somewhere else and do our own thing." The idea to create a new site was in the works as soon as GG was declared dead. And if I can see this - as someone who is not part of the GG staff and was not privy to any particular inside view of what they were doing - then anyone ought to be able to see it.

One other thing I'd like to clear up since I've seen it mentioned (can't remember where. IRC maybe? Dunno.)... Yes, I sent a brief news item to Stephen Heaslip of Blues News since I hadn't seen anything posted there about GG's demise. As is his editorial right, he chose what parts of my e-mail he wanted to reprint, and he chose NOT to include links to BOTH of the forums I'd submitted (www.consolegold.com and www.pcgamesforum.com) in the interests of equal time - and so that GG regulars could be sure to find their old buds regardless of where they'd ended up. This made it appear, therefore, that I had singled out one of the forums because he'd associated my ncikname with the report he wrote, when in fact the last thing I wanted to do was fan any flames of dissention that might be felt by people frequenting one board or the other.

Sith

Hear Hear Lord Sith.  As a long time lurker at GG I was as sad as anyone to see its demise.  It truely was a community, and I think that both (or more) sites will become communities as well.  Different perhaps, but in the end, just as strong.  

BTW Sith_Lord, I noticed your absence from GoneGold for a while and wondered about you as I always considered you one of the most intelligent and thoughtful of posters.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2004, 11:33:03 PM »

To clarify godhugh - I felt (and if I insulted you at a personal level I apologize as that was not my intent) the job of moderation that was done at GG was poor, though never did I feel "Hey, that mod sucks at their job AND sucks as a human being." Never meant it to be construed as such, and if you took offense at a personal level which was never intended, then like I said I apologize.  

Heck, if we do a DFW Get Together this year again then let me buy you a beer, and try to bury the hatchet. Like I said, it was never meant as a personal attack though it's easy enough to see why it was taken that way by several. I also feel that fanning the flame is, at this point, moot, hence I'm just staying out of it. There is our forum which everyone is welcome to, and there is the other forum, which everyone is welcome to. Gotta love freedom of choice, eh?

Okie dokie, I'm cool then. And you'd be buying me a Vodka Sour (damn Crohn's Disease!) slywink.

Anyway, with regards to BS/OO.net, I want to clear up the perception that we started the site in reaction to anything CG did. That's entirely incorrect. There were so many times, while we were at GG, where one of us said "I wish we could add such and such feature" but we weren't able too since it wasn't our site. When GG went down, we first waited to hear from Andy and Steven, then started planning a new site that would essentially be what we'd always wanted.

I repeat, the creation of the new site had nothing to do with ConsoleGold or anything said/done here.

The forums are laid out like they are because it worked, it's familiar to folks, and we didn't see any real reason to change it. Right now we're getting ideas from the community on what they'd like to see so that we can give the site it's own identity. We don't want to be a GG clone, we don't want our hook to be "we used to be GG". We're trying to create a site that will stand on it's own two (or is that eight) legs.

Honestly, I hope folks visit both forums. They both have wonderful, budding communities with their own strength's and weaknesses. Like you said WBS..."gotta love freedom of choice". smile
GoblinToe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2004, 12:27:41 AM »

Quote from: "Sith Lord"
If anyone should feel uncomfortable, it's people like me who don't feel strongly one way or the other and are left bobbing in the surf waiting to see how things settle out.

Yup, I'm in this boat as well.  I don't particularly feel like visiting two forums, so I'm kind of waiting to see where most people settle, and then I'll continue to go to that forum.  Right now I'm just taking a break from all the drama, because I can already see where this is leading...a big rift.

A split in the community like this wasn't something I was expecting.  I thought for sure people would come together and agree on one place, but I guess it's impossible to please everyone, so it was inevitable.

Maybe GoneGold will come back and solve the problem.  Or maybe it's just time to move on to other forums and let it die.  

Pretty effin' shitty that GG had to go down the way it did, though.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2004, 02:19:21 AM »

Quote from: "Arowyn"
BTW Sith_Lord, I noticed your absence from GoneGold for a while and wondered about you as I always considered you one of the most intelligent and thoughtful of posters.
Wow - thanks for the compliment!

My absence is completely explainable. I got into the World of Warcraft Alpha/Beta last November and proceeded to log over 100 days of playtime in the ten months that followed. I missed the entire R&P split at GG (happened to pop in a few days after it was over) and I calculate that at my 2003 rate of 2-3 new PC games purchased per month, I saved myself roughly $800 by playing WoW exclusively during that time.  biggrin

I always wondered if anybody noticed, but it would have been churlish to ask. Nice to know I made at least a small impression on the community.

Sith

Formerly Sith Lord
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2004, 01:30:49 PM »

Personally I never thought the GG moderators were doing a bad or uneven job,with the possible exception of DS who I think got away with more than he should.
I accepted but never really understood the big split reactions. But then I'm easy going and know there's more important things to get upset over than our internet chitchats.
Yes there were a few people I didn't care for too much but it was never a big deal for me.
And oddly enough I consider most all the former GGers,both here and at BS my friends.
Life is too short and sweet my friends to sweat the small stuff. Save your anger for import things,like the driver who cut you off on the way to work today!

Ye Olde Farte
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2004, 01:51:48 PM »

dbt is my hero.

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2004, 02:00:19 PM »

dbt for President.

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2004, 02:02:37 PM »

dbt rulez!

(ok, i'll quit with the perceived padding now....but I was really going for a dry-comedy-type-thing. No really)  :wink:

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2004, 02:08:28 PM »

I agree dbt smile  

I'm glad you're sticking around  biggrin

Go Gunners...
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2004, 02:27:02 PM »

As usual, whether you are using actual words or smilies -- well said, dbt.  thumbsup

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
RunningMn9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2004, 07:14:22 PM »

I'll put it here, since LE's thread was shut down.

The other site wasn't started to slight CG.  The other site wasn't started so that the "elite" crowd would go there instead of CG.

Other than the minor irritation of both forums having similar threads running at the same time (i.e. desktop threads, and tv show re-cap threads), I don't see what the big deal.

Everyone is welcome at CG, everyone is welcome at the other site.  No one is or should be forced to choose between the two.

And it's starting to get a little bit tiresome to see threads started by some individuals whining that not everyone stayed here, or that the other site was created at all.  Come on now.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2004, 08:52:27 PM »

WELL

When things get tense, I always reach for a sandwich!

Nothing screams HEY ITS OK like a juicy delicious SANDWICH

I am the Sandwich

Einstein began a new way of looking at atomic phenomena.
The fabric, the structure of our world.
Quantum physics and its theorists
Keep looking closer and closer
They find smaller and smaller.

Some think that as we look closer, we create more.

Steve Hawking looks out.
The extent of our universe.
We develop our tools for seeing farther,
We see farther.
We find more of our universe.

Some think that as we look farther, we create more.

Physics.  Metaphysics.  Eastern Thought.

"Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be open to you.
For everyone who asks, receives;
and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be open."

Some think that Jesus of Nazareth spent time in the East with the Hindus, The Buddha.

I ain't read many books.
Apparently, I didn't understand the ones that I did read.
William Somerset Maugham novelizes our search for spiritual truth as a razor's edge.
How can I account for my failures in life?

I think that I have spent too much time contemplating the sandwich.

A sandwich recipe for you to try

Devonshire Sandwiches

Recipe By     : Mrs. Craig M. Wilson
 Serving Size  : 4    Preparation Time :0:00
 Categories    : Fowl & Game                      To Post

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
 --------  ------------  --------------------------------
    3      Tbsp          Butter
    5      Tbsp          Flour
    2      C             Chicken Broth
    2      Tbsp          White Wine, Sherry, Or Lemon Juice
      2/3  C             Cream
    2                    Egg Yolks
                         Salt And Pepper -- to taste
    4      Slices        Toasted Bread
    4      Thin Slices   Ham
    4      slice         Chicken
                         Parmesan Cheese

Make a white sauce of butter, flour, chicken broth, and wine.  Beat
 cream and egg yolks together and add to sauce.  Season with salt and
 pepper.  Top a slice of toast with slices of ham and chicken.  Pour
 sauce over all and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Broil until cheese
 melts.

Makes 4 open-faced sandwiches.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2004, 12:56:50 AM »

Yay! Sandwiches.  We're having a party now.  Hopefully someone brings cake too.

Let's go ahead and wear two hats while we're at it.  It's fun.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: