http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 12:49:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this starting to feel like GG?  (Read 7653 times)
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:34:04 PM »

It is to me.  biggrin

I've thanked CG in other posts but I'll offer it again. It's getting comfy in here and I'm grateful.
Atropos
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 11:53:33 PM »

Yeah I'd like to extend my thanks as well.

Gonegold was a truely great place and I'm beyond grateful that the community has found a home now that the site is sadly gone.

Thanks guys!
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 01:51:20 AM »

Starting to feel like it  to me as well. Big thanks to the Console Gold folks for easing the pain of losing Gone Gold.
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 01:52:45 AM »

yes, here here!

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 01:54:27 AM »

Ye Olde Farte
Seekre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 01:58:31 AM »

Getting close smile
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 02:03:10 AM »

What everyone said.

The Artist Formerly Known as TGB
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 03:33:12 AM »

I'm supposed to be doing 10 pages of writing but I'm just so happy I found where most of the GGers are. I will rest easier tonight. Thanks Console Gold.

Sheez, do I sound like a commercial or what????
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 03:39:38 AM »

I've marked my territory in a little corner of the forums, so I'm sticking around. I noticed how many threads per day the Off Topic forum used to have before all of us washed ashore. Needless to say, we're adding a lot of work to the mods' lives. Hope you guys think it's still worth it too.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 01:37:45 PM »

I feel so much at home I've already peed in the shower slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 01:53:05 PM »

I have to say that yep I this is quickly becoming home.  Before the first thought I would have when starting up my browswer is "quick check of gg" now it's "quick check of cg".

To be honest too I think I may even like this place better.

Pig
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 01:54:51 PM »

I still find myself typing 'go' instead of 'co' to get here (yay autocompletion!), but otherwise it's starting to fill in nicely.  We need more good activity on the Off-Topic boards for when I get bored, though.   :lol:

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 01:55:23 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
I feel so much at home I've already peed in the
shower slywink

"It's all pipes!"
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 01:57:57 PM »

All this territory marking, what a mess, no wonder the mods have so much work to do.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 02:26:42 PM »

No doubt, I need to get a mop. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 02:36:15 PM »

thumbsup

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 02:42:16 PM »

People beginning to snipe at each other and my giggling like a school girl.  Feels like Gone Gold.  :lol:
RaptorRed
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 03:53:51 PM »

Looks like the rest of the community is over at Brutesquad.

http://www.brutesquad.net/

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 04:00:30 PM »

This forum is more robust, and all our friends and neighboors are here.

I say Im glad this is continuing over here.. I actually find it better in many ways as the forums are more active over here.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 04:23:49 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
Quote from: "CeeKay"
I feel so much at home I've already peed in the
shower slywink

"It's all pipes!"

"I take baths."

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 04:27:54 PM »

Quote from: "RaptorRed"

Yes, it does seem like some of the community has gone over there, for whatever reason. I'm not a big fan of the community splintering off into these two camps, so I am not sure why Peacedog & Co decided to open that forum up....well no, I think I do know why they did it, but thats another story.  Ron has been very nice so far with letting this feel like home to many people from Gone Gold.

I have made a couple posts over there, but I like the feel of this forum more, so far.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 04:31:02 PM »

I agree Hetz.  (wow) smile

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 04:46:15 PM »

I've been without an online home for about a week since gg went down. But after hanging out at several gaming related message boards, I've determined that this is the one that seems to suit me best. I just like the atmosphere, especially the courtesy shown by everyone here.

I also want to express my thanks to the moderators and administrators who have made me feel so welcome here. smile

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Gwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 04:47:06 PM »

Warm fuzzies  nod

We can't all be heros.  Some of us have to sit on the curb and clap as they pass by.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

This actually feels more like GG than GG itself did over its last few months, I think.  I'm glad that we had this safety net and that so many are finding their way here.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 05:42:26 PM »

Yeah, hear hear! I'm feeling all comfty! Thanks Knightshade Dragon and CG staff!

Awwwww, yes. Sorry about that. If Ceekay can pee in the shower, I feel like I can fart in front of everyone.  :lol:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 05:52:16 PM »

How about we let this feel like something NEW, fun, and excellent in its own right, instead of somewhat sadly hanging on to something that was bigger in our minds than it ever was practically? GG was a shell of a site in many, many ways for a long time (and those that have been there for 3-4 years know what I am talking about). Why does CG have to be like GG? Let it be something different, and maybe in its own way better. I know there is a need to reminisce(sic) about all things, but at some point, it ceases to be a useful exercise and starts to appear desperate.
Odin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 06:01:44 PM »

Yeah, checking both forums is driving me nuts. I know that the GG staff said from day 1 that they were starting a new site right away (and they have gotten it up pretty fast), I just hope that the dust settles soon so that I can find one board to visit and not have to bounce back and forth if I can avoid it.

Sith

Formerly Sith Lord
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 06:09:06 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"

Yes, it does seem like some of the community has gone over there, for whatever reason. I'm not a big fan of the community splintering off into these two camps, so I am not sure why Peacedog & Co decided to open that forum up....well no, I think I do know why they did it, but thats another story.  Ron has been very nice so far with letting this feel like home to many people from Gone Gold.

I have made a couple posts over there, but I like the feel of this forum more, so far.

Same here... this is more like the GG of old that I remember.  Brutesquad, meh... I haven't even registered there, and doubt I ever will.

How about we let this feel like something NEW, fun, and excellent in its own right, instead of somewhat sadly hanging on to something that was bigger in our minds than it ever was practically? GG was a shell of a site in many, many ways for a long time (and those that have been there for 3-4 years know what I am talking about). Why does CG have to be like GG? Let it be something different, and maybe in its own way better. I know there is a need to reminisce(sic) about all things, but at some point, it ceases to be a useful exercise and starts to appear desperate.

I agree with this as well... it really started to get on my nerves when some folks felt the need to turn this to GG immediately with the whole R&P discussion.  CG has plenty of upside of it's own, without having to be the red-headed stepchild of GG.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2004, 06:14:55 PM »

I know this will not make me popular with some former poster/"friends" and certainly none of the people that started the other site, but am I the only one that sees the other site as complete ego? It looks like a bunch of former moderators that couldn't stomach giving up their moderating powers and didnt like the stricter moderation of CG decided to just create a new site with R&P forums. All this seems to have done is fracture the community further, which seems petty when CG was willing to take us in.
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2004, 06:42:50 PM »

I like both forums so far.  But I have to say I have yet to see evidence of so-called "stricter" moderation on this forum.  And I see political threads are alive and well.  As long as both forums have good people then I think I can have the same level of comfort in both as I did in the old GG forum.

Clarification:  I think the appearance of political threads is a good thing.  And I don't feel like the site is being put out by them, nor do I see undue stifling of conversations.  In a way, it's a bit like GG was before the R&P subforum was created.

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 07:54:02 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
I know this will not make me popular with some former poster/"friends" and certainly none of the people that started the other site, but am I the only one that sees the other site as complete ego? It looks like a bunch of former moderators that couldn't stomach giving up their moderating powers and didnt like the stricter moderation of CG decided to just create a new site with R&P forums. All this seems to have done is fracture the community further, which seems petty when CG was willing to take us in.

Uh... sorry but I completely disagree. The plan to start a new forum in case of fire (i.e. GG going down) was in the plans long before it did go down. People flocked here as a place to go.

For me personally, CG was just a temporary solution until a new forum got built. Now that it's up, I feel much more at home over there than I do here. It's nothing against KD and the CG crew, but this is a console site with its own ideas and goals, and it's not really what I want for a permanent solution.

Still, because much of the exGG community will spend their time here and not BS/OO, then I'll still pop on by.
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 09:41:47 PM »

Well, maybe it's too soon to say, but it feels pretty permanent to me. I think most of us feel at home already and some credit for that has got to go to CG. If it wasn't comfortable here, we'd be packing our bags and waiting for a bus. The good bus stops are terribly limited.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2004, 09:53:56 PM »

I don't really see the big deal.  The issue at the end of the day is that there's no more GG.  All the guys at CG have done a terrific job of taking in the GG refugees, but you just have to face it - this isn't GG.  It's Console Gold and expecting it to change in drastic ways is not realistic.  The guys at BS.net are trying to recreate as much of what was GG as possible in ways that simple aren't possible or are unreasonable to expect here.  R&P as a seperate forum is just something that some people find important.  You can't just tell them "absolutely not" and expect them all to be just happy.  There are other things that some people just prefer - old moderator styles, for instance.  I'm not saying one is better or worse - I'll probably be splitting my time between both sites - but some people are going to want things the old way and I don't think it's an affront when they try and recreate that for themselves.

Aside to Rage - at least the Brutesquad guys return phone calls slywink
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2004, 10:11:52 PM »

Bah! I was out and then had about a dozen phone calls to return. Friend of mine got herself in a big car accident last night at like 4am.

Anyways, I am not disagreeing with anyone. I would be the LAST person to suggest we try to create a new GG. Hell, I am really kind of embarrassed at the non-stop lamenting that is going on about it-we are adults, most of us have found our way to a new place. It was a set of forums-we found a new set of forums. Thats great. Lets have fun and move on.

I just dont appreciate the immediate devisiveness that was created by having the other forum pop up. I mean, after all, its very hard to argue that this site and this forum aren't going to be far better supported and far more resources for a large community. Did the people that started that other board give this place a chance? Was a stricter limitation on talking politics SO important that people just up and left like that? The same people that cry out against the loss of Gone Gold wont even give this place a chance because there is no religion and politics forum? Cut off your nose to spite your face? Seems...petty...yet in a curious twist someone suggested in a prior thread that those that chose to remain without a R&P board were somehow not as "mature" or grown up as those that wanted one-all because this site started as a Console game site. Dear god, help us all from people that incredibly myopic.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2004, 10:18:43 PM »

I just dont appreciate the immediate devisiveness that was created by having the other forum pop up. I mean, after all, its very hard to argue that this site and this forum aren't going to be far better supported and far more resources for a large community. Did the people that started that other board give this place a chance? Was a stricter limitation on talking politics SO important that people just up and left like that? The same people that cry out against the loss of Gone Gold wont even give this place a chance because there is no religion and politics forum? Cut off your nose to spite your face? Seems...petty...yet in a curious twist someone suggested in a prior thread that those that chose to remain without a R&P board were somehow not as "mature" or grown up as those that wanted one-all because this site started as a Console game site. Dear god, help us all from people that incredibly myopic.

Why are you assuming Console Gold is the obvious choice to replace GG?  It's not like we had a chance to decide where we were going to move - the forums just weren't there one day.  Just because many made the choice to migrate to CG doesn't make CG the "Official Replacement Site for GG" (tm).

Personally, I find the proposition that those who don't just follow the herd to CG are "petty" or "egotistical" rather insulting.

The internet is big enough for both boards.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2004, 10:21:47 PM »

I just don't think that trying to gather the entire community to one place is really the goal. Some people want to split off and make their own site, so let them I say.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2004, 10:43:55 PM »

I get the same enjoyable 'feel' from hanging out here that I did from previous forum hang outs, including GG.  That, to me, is a subtle but important distinction.  What I mean is, it's not just a matter of assembling the right ingredients(forums, articles, community members). It's the unpredictable organic result of the combination of all those things, sometimes it 'clicks' and sometimes it doesn't. It's clicking for me now, here.

Since I get what I need from my gaming site needs here now, other sites hold no interest from me. Of course, those sites may fill the needs of others and I wouldn't begrudge them their choice to go that route.
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2004, 10:52:31 PM »

Rage & Gameoverman,

Amen, brothers.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2004, 11:07:35 PM »

R&P as a seperate forum is just something that some people find important. You can't just tell them "absolutely not" and expect them all to be just happy.

Heh, am I the only one that noticed that most of the people that NEED a seperate R&P forum are the ones that were up in arms about it when GG created one?  :shock:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: