http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 04:12:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anything that can be done with this purchase?  (Read 479 times)
VWBug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »

The following is an ad from a dealer on EBay for Empire Total War: Special Forces Edition.  I've bought from him and he has a positive rating w/high volume.  He often has some very unusual items, including "large lots" of games (buy 50 copies of the same title etc.).  This particular ad is interesting but I was wondering what you could really do with this product, if bought...  Any thoughts?  I can give you a link if you are interested in viewing his many items.

ALERT!! ALERT!! ALERT!! PLEASE READ!! THIS GAME IS INCOMPLETE... SEGA HAD CIRCULATED THESE WITHOUT SOME OF THE INSERTS AND GAME KEYS...BELOW WE HAVE LISTED WHAT IS INCLUDED...THIS GAME IS BEING SOLD AS IS WITH NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS. AGAIN, THIS GAME IS NOT COMPLETE!! THE REGISTRATION KEY AND CONSTITUTION KEY IS MISSING AND NOT INCLUDED.. WE HAVE STATED BOTH IN THE TITLE AND IN THIS DESCRIPTION THAT THE GAME IS MISSING PARTS AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FAIL READ THE ITEM SPECIFICS...PLEASE BID ACCORDINGLY..

WHAT IS INCLUDED:  (for $3.49 + $4.00 shipping)  This is a "buy it now" price and there are multiple copies available.

ORIGINAL GAME CASE & ARTWORK
BOTH GAME DISCS
THE HISTORY CHANNEL PRESENTS: THE REVOLUTION DVD
EMPIRE TOTAL WAR SPECIAL FORCES UNITS UNIQUE DOWNLOAD KEY CODE
GAME INSTRUCTIONS
THE ART OF EMPIRE TOTAL WAR HANDBOOK

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:49:34 PM by VWBug » Logged
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »

sounds contradictory:

THE REGISTRATION KEY AND CONSTITUTION KEY IS MISSING AND NOT INCLUDED

vs.

EMPIRE TOTAL WAR SPECIAL FORCES UNITS UNIQUE DOWNLOAD KEY CODE

so, which is it?  either you have a key or you don't.  so, you buy a sealed retail box with no keys and hope that the publisher gives you a code to play it?  proof of purchase will be hard to verify and unless you go to one of those other sites, i don't know how you could play it at all, never mind the mp side. 

greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 03:16:14 AM »

The download key quoted is for an addon to the base game. Doesn't contradict that the key for the game install itself isn't included. 2 different keys being discussed here.

Telling you there is no key for the game - probably a do not buy.
Hrothgar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:53:01 AM »

Sure, say you bought the steam version of the game.  If you then decided you'd like a real manual and the special forces dlc, this could be of some value to you.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: