http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 02:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it just me or does it seem like Dubya is always on a vacation?  (Read 1255 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2006, 11:09:47 PM »

Seriously, how many vacations does this guy take?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14531450/

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 12:51:29 AM »

I read somewhere that Bush has had more vacations than the last 4 presidents COMBINED.

If the world hated you, more than 70% of your own citizens hate you, and you had one of the biggest lame duck presidencies in history - wouldn't you run off and hide on vacations too??

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 01:57:51 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on August 27, 2006, 12:51:29 AM

I read somewhere that Bush has had more vacations than the last 4 presidents COMBINED.

If the world hated you, more than 70% of your own citizens hate you, and you had one of the biggest lame duck presidencies in history - wouldn't you run off and hide on vacations too??
Source please?  Also, his approval rating numbers don't mean that people "hate" him.

Also, Presidents don't really get to "go on vacation"...they still have work to get done while they are away.  Besides, it's a weekend trip. Is it so bad to take a weekend to get away?  Wouldn't you

Personally, I think the article is more about a bunch of whiney cry-babies that don't have lives who want to get their names in the paper.  The wahhhhhhhhbulance is surely needs to pick up a bunch of people in this group.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 02:15:17 AM »

Here is an article about it from a year ago.  It says he (at that time) had spent nearly 20% of his time in office at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

Here is a page full of Bush vacation jokes.  My favorite:
Quote from: Jay Leno
Yesterday President Bush flew out to his prairie-chapel ranch in Crawford, Texas, to begin his eleven-day vacation. It's not really a ranch. There's no cows or horses. It's more like an estate. But ranch sounds better. You know like when you call Iraq a democracy. It sounds better.

I'm just glad I get a lot of vacation time.  I work around 190 days or so a year. Tongue

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 02:26:04 AM »

Imagine if you will, a president, who spends nearly 2 years of his presidency on "Vacation".  Imagine no more, Bush is going to reach this, and possibly surpass it.  Hes already passed 1.5 YEARS on Vacation during his term..  Not only does he suck, but he seems to be just "Wanting out" of this whole mess.  Can you blame him?  There isn't a single thing he hasn't fucked up..

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=George_W._Bush:_The_War_President_is_Missing_in_Action

"Bush has spent more than a year of his presidency" at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. On August 19, 2005, "he broke Ronald Reagan's record of 335 days for America's most vacationed president and went on to take the longest presidential vacation in 36 years," Dale McFeatters wrote (http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/10676) August 8, 2006, in a ScrippsNews editorial.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 02:52:21 AM »

And did you look how many meetings he had while at Camp David?  Or do you want to complain when he goes away for a weekend to attend a wedding?  Not to mention, during a lot of those times Congress was out of session, so there wasn't any point of him staying at the White House.  If this is all Democrats have to bitch about the president, they are pretty petty.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 03:00:41 AM »

I'm not a democrat and Bush sure as hell isn't anything close to a true conservative, and I am bitching.  I think you are overreacting to the main point of all of this..  The guy has a presidency gone horribly wrong in almost every way, when the vacation stuff is added into it, its just like pouring salt into a festering wound.

It is pretty easy for people to write off any critics as "Liberal Whiners", but the reality is, almost everyone is bitching these days, not just the liberals.  Quite difficult to paint everyone with a Bob Ross style brush in politics.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:02:37 AM »

It's plain and simple:  Bush is lousy and there's nothing his whiny little supporters can say that will change that fact.l  Infinity +1 :p

let's see how you all can deal with that little piece of strategery.  Fool me once, Bush, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 03:05:02 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on August 27, 2006, 03:00:41 AM

I'm not a democrat and Bush sure as hell isn't anything close to a true conservative, and I am bitching.  I think you are overreacting to the main point of all of this..  The guy has a presidency gone horribly wrong in almost every way, when the vacation stuff is added into it, its just like pouring salt into a festering wound.
Haven't you heard of a working vacation?   Roll Eyes  Is he perfect, no?  But to piss and moan about taking a weekend away here or there is petty.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 03:10:06 AM by Graham » Logged

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 03:08:33 AM »

I think it is reasonable that the people of this country expect their elected leader to be on the job.  Sure, he is human and should have vacation time, but I wouldn't go throwing out the "whining Democrats" claim so easily.  I'm not a Democrat and I wonder what he is doing.  If his heart isn't in it perhaps he should resign.  Sure it's a tough job but I think the son of a former president of all people would have understood that going in.

I'm not implying he is just kicking back.  I'm sure there is still work being done both by himself and his staff on his behalf, but we are kind of busy right now.  Or maybe not.  I've kind of lost track of how things are going with our troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, and innumerable other spots throughout the world.  Funny, my friend just got back from Iraq.  I suppose he, as a God-fearing Republican, shouldn't complain since he did get a whole week off during his year-long tour of a warzone.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 03:29:36 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2006, 03:02:37 AM

It's plain and simple:  Bush is lousy and there's nothing his whiny little supporters can say that will change that fact.l  Infinity +1 :p

let's see how you all can deal with that little piece of strategery.  Fool me once, Bush, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again

Did you mean this?

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/foolbush.mov

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 05:18:49 AM »

As much as it causes me physical pain to agree with Graham, he's right. There are many many things that one can bash Bush about.  But this isn't one of them. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:23:31 AM by SuperHiro » Logged

Just Hiro will do.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 11:07:13 AM »

I wasn't looking to "Bash Bush" with this thread (although I have no problem bashing him - he deserves a good bash to the head for all the shit he's put us in around the world!) I just thought it was funny how half the time you read about him it goes something like "While vacationing at his ranch.." and so forth before it gets to the real story.

Stiffler, likewise, my brother just got back from Iraq not too long ago (marines) and he got a full *10 days* off before heading back to Camp LeJeune.
I don't think you'd like Iraq though as with the food shortages and problems, there aren't bound to be very many BBW's over there..  icon_wink

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 06:12:09 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 27, 2006, 11:07:13 AM

Stiffler, likewise, my brother just got back from Iraq not too long ago (marines) and he got a full *10 days* off before heading back to Camp LeJeune.
I don't think you'd like Iraq though as with the food shortages and problems, there aren't bound to be very many BBW's over there..  icon_wink

That wasn't me!!!

Though I did live at Camp LeJune for awhile...

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »

Some late night funnies regarding his vacation :

"It turns out President Bush can run again in the next election. Now I know you're only supposed to be allowed two terms, but the Supreme Court said if you count his vacation time, he's barely served one." --Jay Leno

"President Bush is still having his five-week vacation. Today President Bush announced he is going to leave his ranch in Texas to visit Idaho for two days. However, Bush told his supporters, 'Don't worry, I won't do any work there either.'" --Conan O'Brien

"President Bush is on a five-week vacation. From what? President Bush, before he went on vacation, he signed a bill that will extend daylight savings another month. He said it proves we're winning the war on darkness" --David Letterman

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 07:26:43 PM by Nth Power » Logged

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 12:13:44 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/mghz2

LMAO.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 02:12:51 AM »

Yes - He's always on vacation.

He caused it to rain yesterday just after I got my car washed too.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 02:29:52 AM »

Why is it unfair to criticize him for being on vacation more than any other President in history?  I don't give a rats' fart about how many meetings he's supposedly scheduled at his mansion in Texas.  He was elected to run the Executive branch from the seat of the Government - Washington D.C., where he (in theory) should be more accessible to the people and their elected representatives (Senators and Representatives).  Instead, he's often not there - much moreso than any other President in history.  So I don't understand why this isn't a legitimate criticism...

Then again, it fits the same pattern as the rest of his decision making.  He's insulated himself with narrow-minded like-thinkers and leaves no room for dissent.  Which is why Colin Powell isn't there anymore.  It's been his greatest failure as a President.  So it's no wonder that he runs off to where it's much harder for anyone from outside the inner circle to have any input.  It fits the pattern.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 03:36:11 AM »

Good post Blackadar.

What worries me most is his complete disregard for the constitution, due process, and how things are supposed to operate by law.  When he does sign a law or bill, he is the only president in history to put a "Signing Statement" on each one thus creating an unconstitutional line item veto.

He has also shown he has total contempt for the constitution and the laws of this country. I am convinced that Bush is one of the most dangerous men in the world, and his recklessness, power maniacal ways run counter to everything we stand for as a country.  Our founding fathers are probably tossing around in their graves seeing what is going on under this administration.  This guy needs to be impeached STAT he has ripped his oath of office to SHREDS.

I can't even fathom why some people still support the guy!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 03:53:02 AM »

Quote from: Devil on August 28, 2006, 02:12:51 AM

Yes - He's always on vacation.

He caused it to rain yesterday just after I got my car washed too.

That cocksucker!  I heard he gave Condoleezza Rice crabs.....

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 01:25:14 PM »

"It turns out President Bush can run again in the next election. Now I know you're only supposed to be allowed two terms, but the Supreme Court said if you count his vacation time, he's barely served one." --Jay Leno

That's a damn nice quote! Mind if I steal it for my sig?

Btw Kobra the reason people still support Bush is because he uses fear tactics against his own people because if you critisize him or are against his warmongering and anti-american ways you're siding with the terrorists.. remember? Dick Cheney made that very clear when Joseph Lieberman lost the democratic primary for Connecticut. 

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 02:10:17 PM »

He certainly spends a lot of time at the ranch. I guess if it relaxes his mind htough, it's worth it.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »

Quote from: jimmyorr99 on August 28, 2006, 02:10:17 PM

He certainly spends a lot of time at the ranch. I guess if it relaxes his mind htough, it's worth it.

Yeah.  Wouldn't want a President that thinks too hard...  :slywink:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 02:59:33 PM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on August 28, 2006, 02:40:05 PM

Quote from: jimmyorr99 on August 28, 2006, 02:10:17 PM

Yeah.  Wouldn't want a President that thinks too hard...  :slywink:

yeah, the hamster might fall off the wheel.  icon_wink

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: