http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:36:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irony, thy name is Kobe Bryant  (Read 1752 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2004, 05:29:22 PM »

Anyone catch this story this morning?  Kobe is mad because Karl Malone apparently made a pass at his wife.  While it wouldn't surprise me if he did, how in the world does Kobe think he'll get any sympathy from the public?

Dude, you apparently didn't care enough about your wife not to cheat on her, so why suddenly get all concerned and possessive now?

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 05:47:19 PM »

I think they should both fly up here to the Palace and throw beer on each other.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 05:55:57 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
Dude, you apparently didn't care enough about your wife not to cheat on her, so why suddenly get all concerned and possessive now?

Its' because he bought that bling bling to make it up with her  Tongue or else Malone was trying to get physical off the court too!
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 06:09:04 PM »

This is really getting old.

Kobe should just shut up instead of airing this out in public. He already screwed up once and this isn't making him any better.

How does this work again?
dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 06:52:07 PM »

From espn:

"Karl and his son were at the game sitting in the front row," Pelinka said. "Vanessa was on the cell phone talking to Karl's wife, Kaye, and Vanessa said that her son looked bored. Kaye told her to call Karl to have her son join her in her seats. Kaye gave Vanessa Karl's cell number and she called him. When she called, Karl's response was, 'Why don't you come over here and sit next to me and give me a big hug?' Vanessa said, 'Why? For what?' And Karl replied, 'If you do that it will be on the cover of every magazine in the country.'

Wow.  Next thing you know Kobe is going to push Karl in the lunch line.  Bunch of sixth graders.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 06:59:40 PM »

Come on guys - cut Kobe some slack. Kobe's past problems and the current situation are completely different. Malone hit on Kobe's wife. All Kobe ever did was violently force a woman that wasn't his wife to have sex with him. Have some sympathy for the man.  :roll:
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 07:31:34 PM »

Kobe does'nt have a wife..he has an employee.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Come on guys - cut Kobe some slack. Kobe's past problems and the current situation are completely different. Malone hit on Kobe's wife. All Kobe ever did was violently force a woman that wasn't his wife to have sex with him. Have some sympathy for the man.  :roll:

Uhh, yeah that "violently" part there was never proven. Anyway, no sympathy from me for Kobe.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 08:21:56 PM »

Mark my words... in a few years (hell, maybe now), Kobe will have the same rep as Barry Bonds.  Good player, absolute dickhead.

gellar
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Mark my words... in a few years (hell, maybe now), Kobe will have the same rep as Barry Bonds.  Good player, absolute dickhead.

gellar

I'm pretty sure he's already got that covered.  Just need to add "Good, selfish player" and you've got him pegged perfectly.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 04:35:12 PM »

I wouldn't go so far as to put it in the future that he'll been seen like that.  

Considering the guy had the power to fire a 6 time NBA champion coach (yeah I know Phil resigned, but we all know why) and one of the most dominant centers in the history of the NBA, because he wasn't a big enough star, I think he has the rep cemented.

As for the Malone incident, good grief.  IIf this is true, I guess it's ok for him to embarass his wife, but nobody else.  Malone of course had no business doing it, but was it really necessary to throw stones?  Up to this point, both players kept it to on the court stuff.  

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 05:06:06 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"

gellar

Unlike Bonds, he has already won some championships.  He will not win anymore though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: