http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 10:35:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IRC Channel info?  (Read 6676 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 03:21:42 PM »

I'm not sure what the exact point of this thread is.  Is this the Airing of Grievances from Festivus or something?

Sniping & baiting really have no place here.

He who smokes crayolas speaks wisely.  Take this to email or PM please.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 03:25:44 PM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"
Lots of talk about "Azn skills" just now.  What is that?  WoW talk?  Or are we talking about the AZN television network?  Or is there something we asians do that's in high demand in the chat room? :lol:

[08:23] gellar|bidnez: ?? azn
[08:23] Answerbovine: azn: Asian, for people who can't spell.

I'm part asian, so they were yelling at me to come into WoW and play.

If you ever have a question about IRC lingo while in there, just ask the bovine by entering '?? <word>'

gellar
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Lots of talk about "Azn skills" just now.  What is that?  WoW talk?  Or are we talking about the AZN television network?  Or is there something we asians do that's in high demand in the chat room? :lol:

If you ever have a question about IRC lingo while in there, just ask the bovine by entering '?? <word>'

gellar

?? peacedogging in particular is funny. smile

/steps away from the fire

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005, 03:29:27 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

gellar

?? peacedogging in particular is funny. smile

/steps away from the fire

Word.

Though my favorites are people's definitions.  For Example... wbkim's:

[08:27] gellar|bidnez: ?? wbskim
[08:27] Answerbovine: wbskim: 1. Some guy 2. Frog 3. Fucks guard dogs!

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2005, 03:32:44 PM »

Can I be totally honest Gellar, Percy, etc? You guys are much nicer here than on IRC and even on OO. I like it when your nice. Lets all hug and love?

I have no clue what I am talking about, but I just took a bad beat in a stupid game of poker, so I ramble to make up for it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 03:34:59 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Can I be totally honest Gellar, Percy, etc? You guys are much nicer here than on IRC and even on OO. I like it when your nice. Lets all hug and love?

I have no clue what I am talking about, but I just took a bad beat in a stupid game of poker, so I ramble to make up for it.

No seriously... we're insanely nice in IRC too.  Well, unless you do something that requires mocking.  I'm pretty mean when I mock, but it's all in good jest.

OO requires constant mocking, so I can see where you'd think I'm mean there. slywink

gellar
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 03:36:47 PM »

Though my favorites are people's definitions.  For Example... wbkim's:

[08:27] gellar|bidnez: ?? wbskim
[08:27] Answerbovine: wbskim: 1. Some guy 2. Frog 3. Fucks guard dogs!

gellar

What the holy motherfuck....

Who added #3 and when? biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 03:40:19 PM »

No seriously... we're insanely nice in IRC too.  Well, unless you do something that requires mocking.  I'm pretty mean when I mock, but it's all in good jest.

OO requires constant mocking, so I can see where you'd think I'm mean there. slywink

gellar

Many people on OO seriously piss me off more than anyone on the internet ever has. That could explain my suspect attitude there as well.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 04:08:14 PM »

I consider myself a casual visitor to #gg.  I know most of the regulars there, and game with them on a fairly regular basis (except CSL if I can help it).  They are a fun group to game with, especially on voice comms.  If you can handle being ridiculed from time to time (and it's all in good fun), they are a great bunch of people.  I have witnessed on many occasions, moral support being given regarding jobs, relationships, etc.  which shows that they are a good bunch, who actually care for each other, despite what an OUTSIDER might observer at first.

Shit, CSL is still there.

Anyway, if you can't handle some sarcasm from people you don't know... you need to get yourself some self-confidence.

"Goonies never say die"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2005, 04:12:23 PM »

Quote from: "El-Producto"
Shit, CSL is still there.

We know, we know.  We've tried to run him off for years.  Fucker can't take a hint.

gellar
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2005, 04:22:35 PM »

I couldn't recall why Rage hated #gg so much until I did a little research.

(@Rubyeye) ?? june 23
(Answerbovine) June 23: The Height of #Gonegold Jackassery! http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13592

Funny!

omgz
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2005, 04:38:48 PM »

Quote from: "Rubyeye"
I couldn't recall why Rage hated #gg so much until I did a little research.

(@Rubyeye) ?? june 23
(Answerbovine) June 23: The Height of #Gonegold Jackassery! http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13592

Funny!

I can't recall if I have ever been to #GG, to be honest. Yeah, that thread wasn't the best thing ever, but dude, sometimes some of you guys, including Kratzer, can be real dicks. If you are going to throw it out, expect someone everyonce in a while to overreact and be a huge dick back-and the piling on certainly didn't help. But no question that wasn't my most rational moment smile I told you, man OO brings it out. CG though makes me chill like..um..the wind?

But thats long in the past, I have talked to Kratz on PM several times, and several of your #GG guys are some of my favorites on OO, so...yeah, thats that.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »

And a big thank you to gellar for his offer to help in my move/search. Classy, and responded to my PMs promptly and very nicely. Very smooth.

#gg guys can be really nice!
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2005, 04:55:18 PM »

When I wasn't so busy at work I would hang out on #gg all the time.  Maybe I should go back there now that things are quieting down around here.  It's a great bunch of people, you just have to take the crap and move on.  Everyone talks crap to everyone else, so it's equal opportunity.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 04:57:05 PM »

gellar

What gellar said. There's no hostility at all in #gg. We just don't have a CoC there and anyone can say whatever he wants to, which sometimes (okay, often) results in some colorful commentary. I'm sure there are a lot of people on CG/OO that would love to have that freedom sometimes, hehe. Anyway it's all in good fun.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 06:11:56 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Percy"
Just responding to someone who seems to have a problem with me for no reason. I'll say nothing more.

Fair enough, I just figured we covered the whole genesis of the thing on OO well enough for long enough smile Everyone remember Slambie's little explosion?  :shock:

You know, I've always giggled when I think about Slambie, because *everyone* wanted to know what she looked like, and I live minutes away from her and could EASILY (although, it would be borderline stalking) grab a pic of her.

Carry on.   :lol:

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
unbreakable
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 06:15:34 PM »

Quote from: "TiLT"
Unbreakable, I know very well that you can circumvent the IRC banning system. Give him a round of applause, folks! Doing so is not hard, but requires even just a tiny bit of effort on your part. However, banning you requires *no* effort on my part. Anything that makes sure you are bothered more than I am is a good thing in my book, so just keep coming back if you want to. I'll ban you nonetheless.

I never said it was hard.  In fact, I said it was quite easy.  The fact that I didn't want to discuss it so it wasn't abused by people who don't realize it should attest to how easy it is.

As I said, my not going there has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with me.  I'm rejecting phony friends like you, you aren't rejecting me.

Unbreakable was banned because he's the kind of guy who can look you in the eyes and tell you one thing, then look the guy next to you in his eyes and tell him the completely opposite thing, and this was pretty much what he did to us.

You mean like saying "hey tell us the truth, it doesn't matter"?  Then when I actually admitted it, I got banned?  You mean that kind of lie?

If he'd admitted to the stuff he did over at GG, there wouldn't have been any issues apart from a sudden drop in the amount of people that respected him. However, he kept keeping up his lies, so we banned him.

So why exactly was it your concern with whether I was or wasn't tony72?

When he logged back in, pretending to be the ghost of bcr19374 (one of Gone Gold's members, many of you will remember. He committed suicide a while ago) and posting VERY inappropriate things, we were reassured that the banning was the correct thing to do.

Wasn't me, and it happened before I got there.

He kept logging back in under multiple proxies and nicks for a while after, and we had a lot of fun banning him every time.

Wasn't me, and your lies are getting blurred.  That happened prior to my arrival, not afterward, as you are trying to state.

We're like that at #gonegold, we'll have fun at the expense of others. You might get picked on from time to time (I should know, I get picked on almost all the time slywink ), but it's actually pretty harmless.

Sure, it's all superficial; the insults, the jokes, the friendships.  None of it really means anything in the long run.

As pointed out in one of the posts above, we're a pretty loyal bunch that helps each other out where we can.

Yep, I can attest to that loyalty  :roll:

In any case, the fact remains that Unbreakable has nothing to do with how we treat new members, so let me (un)officially welcome anyone who cares to see what we're all about (except the aforementioned person).

And TiLT will continue spewing the lies that make him feel good.

Here is a funny question- you said to admit doing all this other shit, and you would probably forgive me.  So if I =really= did that shit, why would I deny it?  Why would I deny half of what I did, but not the other half?

But I could care less for your judgement or forgiveness.  I don't need such phony people around me, so best of luck to you all.
unbreakable
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2005, 06:21:11 PM »

Quote from: "TiLT"
And one final note: The stuff in the log above isn't all that went into the decision to ban him. We had solid enough proof. Also, his Amazon wishlist is referred to in there. Unless it's changed a lot, I recommend that you all check it out. It's huge, and nearly everything there is stuff about how to manipulate the thoughts and feelings of other people. I guess that's just harmless fun, eh?

Nice little lie.  Also, the Amazon thing was what that shitbird Tareeq posted, which was a pretty nice way of giving my full name and info to the world.

Now you are a shitbird too, even though I took the personal info off.
unbreakable
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2005, 06:27:48 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Percy"
I just responded to your lie about us taking a shot at this "someone" who then went away "never to return." I also have no illusions about that you care about us banning you or anything. I sure don't. I just responded to this thread because someone linked to it in IRC. Although, saying that I have social issues and calling me a freakboy... don't work yourself up over nothing mate. Tongue

I was thinking about it last night, and I had you confused with someone else; there were some pretty shitty things said to me when I copped to being tony72, and I got you mixed up with someone else (Im not naming who, but now I recall who it was).

My apologies Percy, it was a case of mistaken identity  biggrin  My bad.

Whatever, I have no problem with anyone.  As I said, this wasnt meant to be me dumping shit on #gg, Im just sick of having people perpetuate lies about this stuff.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2005, 06:33:39 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Nice little lie.  Also, the Amazon thing was what that shitbird Tareeq posted, which was a pretty nice way of giving my full name and info to the world.

Eh?  You're blaming Tareeq for finding publicly available information you placed on Amazon.com and sharing it with others?

paranoid
unbreakable
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2005, 06:40:05 PM »

Quote from: "Exodor"

Eh?  You're blaming Tareeq for finding publicly available information you placed on Amazon.com and sharing it with others?

paranoid

No, actually that was a cover for him.  He originally shared my contact info from a trade with other people, and just used the Amazon thing as a way to give it out to everyone.

And to add insult to injury, he welched on the trade as well.

While I have no problem with people knowing my first name, I would like to know who has my address and shit.  Hey, if someone wants to come punch me, give me a PM and I'll be happy to send it to you; Ive offered it before.
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2005, 06:49:40 PM »

Whatever, I have no problem with anyone.  As I said, this wasnt meant to be me dumping shit on #gg, Im just sick of having people perpetuate lies about this stuff.

Whatever dude.  I think the general population already has garnered an opinion about your behavior.  Whatever it is, just let it be.

omgz
unbreakable
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2005, 06:57:40 PM »

Im not trying to sway anyone, but it's unfair to me for people who don't know anything about this to get a bullshit story of it.

PS- TiLT, what about your 'demise' story supports your version of events in any way?  It certainly doesn't have anything which invalidates mine.  Hardly a 'demise' by any stretch.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2005, 07:39:41 PM »

Can I say one thing, god help me, to support Unbreakable? I have no clue what he did on IRC, or OO, and I remember him getting a little...colorful at GG. Maybe he deserved to be banned from GG/OO/and IRC, but one thing I know is that at one point in time he was stalked/hounded/harassed/and harangued by one much loved poster now on OO (But this was back in the GG days) so viciously and constantly that it at least created some of this mess, and that guy has, to my knowledge, never had boo said to him about it.

Now, I think unbreakable is a pretty wacky bastard. He doesn't seem to have any real room for actual debate about the issues he wants to discuss, he can get pretty vehement and intense, and sometimes baby jesus cries when he goes crazy in a thread, but to my knowledge, he has not crashed the internet at CG, and he seems to be keeping out of trouble. Like I said, this may have NOTHING to do with the IRC debate, but if the guy is a little off the wall at times, part of it could come from him, and part of it MIGHT come from being defensive from basically being hounded into submission on another site.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2005, 07:42:28 PM »

Quote from: "Exodor"

paranoid

I think he is saying, and probably correctly so, that its very very bad form to look into the personal lives of posters and publish reasonably private information on the internet presumably for the sake of attacking the other guy. An attorney and avowed know-it-all like Tareeq would probably at least appreciate some semblance of privacy. Again, NOT supporting unbreakable in this argument, but I remember the Amazon thing, and thought that was pretty shitty.

If someone posted my name and a wishlist of my books/dvds, whatever on the internet, I would probably be annoyed as well. For the love of god, I buy GILMORE GIRLS dvds. Shit.
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2005, 07:47:14 PM »

It doesn't matter - As Tony72 you were way out there and you carried the same blame everyone but themselves cavalier attitude that you continue to show us right now.  I tried to help you once and you spit in my face basically.  

You flat out denied it then and will deny it now I am sure, but I know the truth.  You are busted, now get on with whatever new game you plan to start.
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2005, 07:50:31 PM »

BTW - Don't push me sir, if you are considering pulling any stunts like you did before with me, it's going to be public, and ugly.  

You don't deserve the small amount of respect you are getting.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2005, 07:55:01 PM »

Whoa whoa whoa guys, bring it in, bring it in. frown
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2005, 07:58:13 PM »

Can we just lock this thread and let it die?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
warning

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2005, 09:21:11 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Can we just lock this thread and let it die?

Done.

This thread has completely outlived its usefulness.  As I said before take it to email or PM.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: