http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 11:18:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IRC Channel info?  (Read 6684 times)
pengoz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2005, 08:40:03 AM »

G'day

I've searched but couldn't seem to locate the server info on where to connect so I can join the #gg channel.

Could someone please reply with the irc server I need to connec to?

Thanks!
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:14:03 PM »

http://zaxxon.is-a-geek.net/oowiki/index.php?title=GG_IRC_Channel

~Neal
RightBastard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 07:04:07 AM »

Sweet.  Didn't know Trillian did IRC.  Just tried it out and works great.  See you guys around the chat room.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 08:05:43 AM »

or not.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 12:17:08 AM »

Be careful. Those guys can be real..."pleasant" in IRC. You have been warned.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 01:07:45 AM »

We're fine, Rage. But we tend to eat the n00bs. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
We're fine, Rage. But we tend to eat the n00bs. biggrin

You are SO not who I am talking about, and you know it  :twisted:
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 02:34:22 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Ooh, second thoughts, then.  It can't be that bad, right?

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 02:45:28 AM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"

Ooh, second thoughts, then.  It can't be that bad, right?

It can be... colorful. biggrin

/maniacal laugh

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 03:07:58 AM »

One time I was there it was amusing; someone stopped in and said hello (dont recall who), got ripped on for about a minute, then got pissed off and left, never to return.

Im not implying that only happened once, however, only that I was a witness to it that one time.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 03:37:39 AM »

That actually happens on a daily basis, unbreakable. It's one of the many IRC mini-games.

Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 07:48:23 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
One time I was there it was amusing; someone stopped in and said hello (dont recall who), got ripped on for about a minute, then got pissed off and left, never to return.

Im not implying that only happened once, however, only that I was a witness to it that one time.

"Never to return"? I think you're the only person never to return because you got banned from the channel. Tony.

That said, having a somewhat thick skin is a plus in #gg. IMO new people have it pretty easy these days, though. Why pick on the newbie when we already have Rubyeye and Vidiot to make fun of? :twisted:
pengoz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 07:52:06 AM »

thanks for the info, i am now idling hard on #gg and having a good time when i'm around...

see ya on there.
unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 11:03:16 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Percy"

"Never to return"? I think you're the only person never to return because you got banned from the channel. Tony.

That said, having a somewhat thick skin is a plus in #gg. IMO new people have it pretty easy these days, though. Why pick on the newbie when we already have Rubyeye and Vidiot to make fun of? :twisted:

Im not never to return because I got banned, Im never to return because I dont care to.  I can explain all about circumventing blocking on any number of applications, since that is my area of expertise.

One thing the idiots from #GG and OO need to understand is that Im not there because I choose not to be, not because of any lame attempt at blocking my ability to do so.

The #GG thing for me was rather funny, since I was banned for being Tony72, when prior to that I heard for months "oh, we like you, if you admit it, it's no big deal".  Never underestimate the power of hypocracy.  

Not that Im denying any wrongdoing on my part or attempting to revise history; but let's face the truth- I was banned from #GG solely because I wouldnt admit to doing things which I never did (very similar to what happened at GG, but whatever).

So lie to yourself if it makes you feel better, but restrain yourself from lying about me and what happened when you are at CG.  Lying about it at OO is probably better, since I dont care what happens in the circle-jerk over there.  Despite everything I still like the #gg guys, so I dont care to slam them.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 11:08:34 PM »

Jesus, please nobody start responding to that and turning this into a giant flamewar.  It's happened before.  Dig up the old threads.  Let it rest!

FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »

Oh, Im not trying to start some flame war.  Im just pointing out that if Percy wants to lie about stuff, he should go do it elsewhere.

[edit]
Percy is just all right with me
Percy is just all right, Oh yeah
unbreakable
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »

Quote from: "Unbreakable"
Im not never to return because I got banned, Im never to return because I dont care to. I can explain all about circumventing blocking on any number of applications, since that is my area of expertise.

point proven
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 12:13:29 AM »

Quote from: "Unbreakable"
Im not never to return because I got banned, Im never to return because I dont care to. I can explain all about circumventing blocking on any number of applications, since that is my area of expertise.

point proven

WTF does this mean? Why quote yourself? Why not just gracefully bow out and not rehash this argument about your many alts?

Edited to reflect that from that story on the OO boards it did sound like Unbreakable got shafted by his "friends" on #GG, so perhaps that was the genesis of that. Ah, those crazy bastards. So friendly.

:roll:
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 01:13:44 AM »

Anyone who was on #GG at the time I popped in to say "hi" will know why I posted that; it wasnt meant for anyone here.  I dont want to discuss it in detail so people won't abuse it, but if someone wants to get around a ban it isnt terribly difficult.

Honestly, I don't really care about any of this stuff.  I just wanted people to be clear on the fact that it's MY choice not to go back, instead of smugly thinking they are keeping me out of their little treefort.  I am rejecting an association with them, not the other way around.  I cant really blame anyone else for how it worked out, so there isnt anything to be angry about, IMO.  I said I was someone else, lied about it afterward, and people were uncertain about the whole thing.  Oh well.

When all this came down, the goofballs where saying I would just create another pseudonym etc etc.  Which I could easily do, of course.  But 1) I was acting badly in the past because of my personal problems, 2) I have resolved my problems or found ways of dealing with them, and 3) I dont really care.

In the grand scheme of things, I dont really know anyone here, or from GG, or OO, or #gg, personally, so it isnt like any of this will effect me personally.  There was someone who claimed to be tough and expressed wanting to punch me, so I offered to give them all my contact info so they could do it.  Unsurprisingly, they were too chickenshit to accept.  I dont remember who it was, nor do I care, since it doesnt honestly matter.

So anyway, there are good people and bad people.  You get ahead by not caring about the bad people and keeping good with the good people.  But of course, you always give 'real life' concerns priority.  

CG is, for the most part, good people, and that's why I stayed.  I even offered to leave, and to the credit of several people here they said not to worry about past bullshit.  

I took full responsibility for what I did; nobody can claim otherwise.  But if anyone (like Percy) thinks Im going to flog myself for the next ten years over it, they are sadly mistaken.  And as I said, I have no intention of admitting to things I didn't do.  Sure, it would probably be easier, but I just can't do it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 02:25:05 AM »

First... Percy has little to no social issues, and I find it amusing that someone who knows very little about him would choose to even say that.  "Ceh" is a well adjusted dude who does, from what I can tell, just fine socially.  He certainly doesn't make up aliases over the internet, that's for sure.

Second, I'd like to extend anyone a welcome into IRC.  We're actually a friendly bunch, despite what some people (who've never been in there, AFAIK) may think.  We are different from OO and CG (though less so CG, IMHO) though in that we are not bound by a CoC.  If you're being a jackass, we'll call you one.  More importantly though, the IRC group is far more tight knit than CG or OO, being that there is a group of regulars who are pretty much in there on a daily basis and are in constant communication.  It's much like a neighborhood bar.  We look out for our own, and if you feel like an outsider... well, just stick around and I'm sure eventually you'll feel in.  There have been quite a lot of new folks lately (particularly with the popularity of our Tony Danza server), and some (Tals, Kymlaar, TwoSheds, Woober) have fit in very well and very quickly.

Again, it's a fun place.  It's my favorite place on the internet, full of people who are genuine, even if they are genuinely an asshole.  No presumption, no rules, just IRC.  Don't knock it till ya try it.

gellar
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 02:28:26 AM »

In other words:

Just Hiro will do.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 02:35:05 AM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Don't knock it till ya try it.

I tried it, and even got some laughs out of it. Especially when I said I didn't like beer. That was some good funny.

Not sure why I stopped logging on. Perhaps it's because I'm not chatty enough to really maintain any kind of presence on IRC.

I run out of things to say in actual conversation after about .5 seconds.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 02:36:45 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
Don't knock it till ya try it.

I tried it, and even got some laughs out of it. Especially when I said I didn't like beer. That was some good funny.

You mean we didn't ban you after you committed such an atrocity?

gellar
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 04:01:13 AM »

Well, I'm getting a bit of the treefort vibe in there and I was called a fool by someone who I had never exchanged any words with before but I guess it comes with the territory.

Lots of talk about "Azn skills" just now.  What is that?  WoW talk?  Or are we talking about the AZN television network?  Or is there something we asians do that's in high demand in the chat room? :lol:

Flannery O'Connor
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 04:16:29 AM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"
Lots of talk about "Azn skills" just now.  What is that?  WoW talk?  Or are we talking about the AZN television network?  Or is there something we asians do that's in high demand in the chat room? :lol:

I watched some music videos on there the other day...  I love all these channels in the way high digits I didn't even know about.  It's a whole new world up there!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 05:21:54 AM »

Ugh, I've watched some music videos from Korean bands who apparently watch MTV religiously.  You've got the Asian versions of the boy bands, the hip-hop thugstas', the cute girl bubblegum pop, the riot grrl faux-punk, the sideways hats and black wristband sporting pop punkers with mohawks, the list goes on.  They mimic American bands right down to the pit bulls and shiny rims, all that stupid crap you see coming from mainstream bands here.  

Sad, sad, sad.  The Americanization of Korea is pretty rampant from what I hear.

Flannery O'Connor
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 06:13:43 AM »

Man, I have a hard enough time getting someone's attention long enough to be insulted. I'm usually just ignored. I think I do have some defaming name definition though, so I've got one leg up on the noobs.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 06:44:11 AM »

But none of you're in TiLT's permanent /ignore list. Only I am that special.smile
unbreakable
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 08:23:56 AM »

I'm not sure about that one, I may have made it there.  Last time I spoke with him he wanted me to admit to being Khaless and a few other people, which I refuse to do.  I'll only pay for my oiwn sins, thank you.

So anyway, he may have put me there.  Not that it really matters, since I can go back whenever I wish, but choose not to.

First... Percy has little to no social issues, and I find it amusing that someone who knows very little about him would choose to even say that. "Ceh" is a well adjusted dude who does, from what I can tell, just fine socially. He certainly doesn't make up aliases over the internet, that's for sure.

Ha, good one.  So making up an alias on the internet is inherently dishonest, now?  Ooohhh wow, I lied about being someone who was suspended (not banned, in fact) from a message board a few years ago.  I sure hope the morality police dont kill me!  What an awful person I must be!

But dont bother getting your panties in a wad over it, gellar.  I'm not dumping shit on #gg, Im just responding to [edit- removed mistaken mean statement].  I don't care to discuss it further at this time.

Anyhow, #GG is an ok place to waste your time at (I view IRC in general to be a waste, not a usage, of time).  Just log in, ignore everyone for about two or three days until they get used to seeing your name listed, and you'll be golden.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 09:40:54 AM »

Seeing as I was the guy who banned unbreakable back in Ye Olde Days, I think it's about time I registered here so I can clean up after his lies.

Unbreakable, I know very well that you can circumvent the IRC banning system. Give him a round of applause, folks! Doing so is not hard, but requires even just a tiny bit of effort on your part. However, banning you requires *no* effort on my part. Anything that makes sure you are bothered more than I am is a good thing in my book, so just keep coming back if you want to. I'll ban you nonetheless.

Unbreakable was banned because he's the kind of guy who can look you in the eyes and tell you one thing, then look the guy next to you in his eyes and tell him the completely opposite thing, and this was pretty much what he did to us. If he'd admitted to the stuff he did over at GG, there wouldn't have been any issues apart from a sudden drop in the amount of people that respected him. However, he kept keeping up his lies, so we banned him. When he logged back in, pretending to be the ghost of bcr19374 (one of Gone Gold's members, many of you will remember. He committed suicide a while ago) and posting VERY inappropriate things, we were reassured that the banning was the correct thing to do. He kept logging back in under multiple proxies and nicks for a while after, and we had a lot of fun banning him every time.

We're like that at #gonegold, we'll have fun at the expense of others. You might get picked on from time to time (I should know, I get picked on almost all the time slywink ), but it's actually pretty harmless. As pointed out in one of the posts above, we're a pretty loyal bunch that helps each other out where we can.

In any case, the fact remains that Unbreakable has nothing to do with how we treat new members, so let me (un)officially welcome anyone who cares to see what we're all about (except the aforementioned person).
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 09:47:24 AM »

Oh yeah, I'd like to post a little bit of the history of #gonegold. It shows exactly what happened when unbreakable was banned. It contains some harsh language, and it shows off #gonegold at its best (ie. worst, depending on point of view). If what you see in that log appalls you, you probably won't enjoy your stay in the channel for more than a few days.

Yeah, we're spiteful little bastards, but we love it.

The Demise of Unbreakable
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 09:50:27 AM »

And one final note: The stuff in the log above isn't all that went into the decision to ban him. We had solid enough proof. Also, his Amazon wishlist is referred to in there. Unless it's changed a lot, I recommend that you all check it out. It's huge, and nearly everything there is stuff about how to manipulate the thoughts and feelings of other people. I guess that's just harmless fun, eh?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 11:10:34 AM »

I wondered into the server about...a year ago maybe?  A little longer?  Don't really remember.  People seemed friendly enough, but it was almost too social for my taste; lots of personal talk, life-talk, not enough gaming-talk, so I stopped going.  There are some funny people on there, that's for sure.

And damn, Woober's there?  That puta, I may have to stop by sometime.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 12:17:13 PM »

Jeez. First of all, I must say, I really liked Unbreakable in IRC. He was one of the nicer people around, in fact. Heck, I even stood up for him in the infamous OO Meta thread way back when. It's just that we gave him a lot of opportunities to admit that he was Tony, and if he did, it would've been left at that. He insisted on lying to us though, taking advantage of our trust in a way (OO Meta thread). So when it finally turned out he WAS Tony, it pissed off the general #gg population and he got banned. No hypocrisy there methinks.

I just responded to your lie about us taking a shot at this "someone" who then went away "never to return." I also have no illusions about that you care about us banning you or anything. I sure don't. I just responded to this thread because someone linked to it in IRC. Although, saying that I have social issues and calling me a freakboy... don't work yourself up over nothing mate. Tongue
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 01:46:30 PM »

Much like a two-front German war, this thread will not end well.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 01:47:03 PM »

Um...yeah. Please, lets drag this out here too.
Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 01:57:12 PM »

Just responding to someone who seems to have a problem with me for no reason. I'll say nothing more.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 01:59:58 PM »

Just responding to someone who seems to have a problem with me for no reason. I'll say nothing more.

Fair enough, I just figured we covered the whole genesis of the thing on OO well enough for long enough smile Everyone remember Slambie's little explosion?  :shock:
Lord Percy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 02:07:39 PM »

Fair enough, I just figured we covered the whole genesis of the thing on OO well enough for long enough smile Everyone remember Slambie's little explosion?  :shock:

Hehe yeah that was fun biggrin. I agree though, no reason to dig this up again.

*covers up exposed bit of dead horse*
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 03:17:32 PM »

That may well have been one of my favorite OO moments ever, actually.

I was laughing quite hard at that one... thanks for the reminder smile

gellar
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: