http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 07:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infant Drowns in Mother's Vomit!  (Read 1011 times)
VynlSol
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2006, 03:09:00 AM »

I have no words...

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/9914012/detail.html
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 03:51:24 AM »

Quote from: VynlSol on September 23, 2006, 03:09:00 AM

That is quite possibly the worst thing I've read since...well...ever.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:15:25 AM »

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

/sorry
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 06:16:55 AM »

Criminally negligent homicide and endangering the welfare of a child?  That's a wad of shit.  This is a gruesome and unfortunately fatal accident, nothing more.

Of course if your last name is DeJesus and you're pregnant at 18 and living in a shelter, the state is going to find a way to put you in jail sooner or later.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 08:18:11 AM »

How sad...  icon_cry

Authorities said DeJesus spent the evening of Sept. 15 downing gin and smoking cigarettes and then returned before dawn to the shelter where she lived with the 4-month old girl, Niah.
So I wonder who was taking care of the baby during the mother's night on the town? 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »

Accident would imply that her actions were excusable and had no real bearing on the outcome. You're driving along and you get stung by a bee, swerve, and hit another car in the process - that's an accident. You're shit-faced drunk and you hit another car - that's your fault.

This poor, unfortunate woman's own decisions directly affected the situation that lead to the death of her child.

But that's the way I'd see it. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I know the nitty gritty of the law.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »

Quote from: Dafones on September 23, 2006, 02:49:40 PM

Accident would imply that her actions were excusable and had no real bearing on the outcome. You're driving along and you get stung by a bee, swerve, and hit another car in the process - that's an accident. You're shit-faced drunk and you hit another car - that's your fault.

This poor, unfortunate woman's own decisions directly affected the situation that lead to the death of her child.

But that's the way I'd see it. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I know the nitty gritty of the law.

Well said, I agree, and to make this into some racial issue is just crazy talk.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 05:48:24 PM »

Another thing is that she's eighteen and went out drinking.  Isn't the legal drinking age still 21 in New York as well?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 07:22:03 PM »

She's 18 w/a 4 month old, and living in a homeless shelter. 

I'd be getting plastered every night too, you start thinking funny thoughts like you'd be better off dead, the kid would be better off dead, you're worthless, etc.   

The other funny thing is that NOW everyone cares about that baby and what happens to that girl.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 10:45:55 PM »

Not only is she under age to drink but she has to live in a shelter yet can aford to get drunk. They should have someone get drunk and drown her in thier vomit.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 01:15:14 AM »

Yeah, this is clearly someone else's fault.  Roll Eyes

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 05:31:57 AM »

Fortunately, the anti-abortion movement has also made great strides in providing for ways of caring for the unfortunate infants who happen to be born to women like this.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 08:28:31 AM »

Quote from: gameoverman on September 23, 2006, 07:22:03 PM

The other funny thing is that NOW everyone cares about that baby and what happens to that girl.
Ding ding ding ding.

The baby didn't die cause momma was drunk.  That is just ignorant.  The baby died cause momma was living in a shelter.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 09:32:39 AM »

It was both her, and the situation.  Jeez guys, it's rarely ever just one thing.  This world is rarely filled with absolutes.  I mean even now they're finding the speed of light changes in rare circumstances.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »

getting shitfaced underage, puking, and leaving a bucket full of puke and cleaning solution by the bed you are sleeping on with your baby IS criminally negligent.  It was negligent the moment the underage mom got so fucking plastered she was unable to care for her child.

edit:  Not that the shelter is blameless either.  They shouldn't have let the mother even get near the booze.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:10:23 PM by th'FOOL » Logged

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 09:06:07 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 24, 2006, 09:32:39 AM

It was both her, and the situation.  Jeez guys, it's rarely ever just one thing.  This world is rarely filled with absolutes.  I mean even now they're finding the speed of light changes in rare circumstances.

I completely agree, life is complicated.   

For instance, some wonder how she can afford to get drunk.  In my neck of the woods, girls rarely have to buy their own drinks...at least not with money.  I bet even this homeless girl can find some guy out there who'd give her all the drinks or drugs she wants if she's willing to play ball.  Maybe she got drunk with a bunch of other homeless girls, who pooled whatever money they could scrounge up, who knows?

I guess the shelter might have had a 'greeter' at the door, to make sure none of the residents showed up drunk/high.  But if this girl stumbles home drunk, the shelter does what?  Kick her and the baby out at 4 in the morning?  So the baby dies of exposure in some alley instead of in a bucket of vomit?  That's an improvement I guess.

Instead of blaming the shelter, I give credit to the shelter and the people running it for even being there so these people have something, no matter how sad it is.    Maybe they have enough people working there that they could have babysat this baby until the mom sobered up and came back, maybe they have enough people working there that they could check in regularly on the passed out mom and her baby.  Somehow I doubt it.  Mainly because I doubt that this was the only homeless mom with kids at that shelter, so constantly checking up on all of them in the short intervals that it would take to prevent this from happening would be a full time job in itself.

Yeah, this girl is irresponsible as hell.  But then, the fact that she got pregnant at 16/17 and was homeless with her baby at 18 kind of already established that, didn't it?  So I'm not shocked that this baby came to a bad end, I'm shocked that other people are shocked that this baby came to a bad end.  And that's if we assume this girl got pregnant of her free will, that all the choices she's made weren't based on anything other than her own stupidity.

Considering that she's living in a shelter, and not with family, there's a damn good chance that sexual abuse of her as a child may have set this whole thing in motion, and she will wind up going to prison for it.  Realizing that's possible, that's why I'm not in a hurry to wish someone would drown her in her own vomit.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »

It isn't like you need a lot of money to get smashed; you can buy a 12 back of rot-gut for less than 5 bucks in some stores.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »

Thats $5 she coulda used to better her life or the baby's.

Get a meal. Buy some baby food. Save back to add to. I dont live in a shelter and I cant afford beer. Takes everything we have to pay bills and buy food.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »

I know where you're coming from, Daehawk, but I think it's important to note that in this case we're talking about an 18yr old.  Not a particularly sharp 18yr old either.  An experienced adult thinks in clearer terms, no fair comparing what you or I would do to what some dingbat kid would do.

If you're 18 and in a homeless shelter with a kid no less, are you really going to think the 5-10 bucks you are planning to spend tonight getting wasted would change your situation if you saved it instead?  Honestly?   If you save 5-10 bucks a night for the entire month, would even that change your situation?  You're an 18yr old girl w/kid, remember that before you answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: