http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:58:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indy IV: thoughts, reviews, spoilers galore!!  (Read 19586 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »

Quote from: jament on June 12, 2008, 05:36:22 PM

Wait, wait - so Indy survives things in this new movie that a normal person wouldn't actually be expected to survive by doing things that a normal person wouldn't possibly be able to do?

Who exactly are you responding to?  Razgon's complaint about the refrigerator scene that was the only survivability complaint out of his many complaints?  Even if you take the believability of his survival out of the equation the refrigerator scene was still stupid.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2008, 05:57:29 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 05:47:23 PM

the refrigerator scene was still stupid.

Even more stupid than surviving a fall from several thousand feet in a raft?  Come on, man.  These movies are so implanted in your psyche that you're holding them up in too high of a pedestal.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 05:57:29 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 05:47:23 PM

the refrigerator scene was still stupid.

Even more stupid than surviving a fall from several thousand feet in a raft?  Come on, man.  These movies are so implanted in your psyche that you're holding them up in too high of a pedestal.

The raft had something to do with the adventure they were on.  The refrigerator was like a little "Let's go out to the lobby!" interlude that didn't fit the flow at all.

Snip out the raft escape and you're left wondering how they survived the plane crash.  Snip out the entire nuclear test city and refrigerator and the movie becomes stronger.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »

While I don't care for the over the top nature of how the refrigerator "escape" was executed, I like the rest of the scene a lot and especially just the sheer concept of "how does Indiana Jones escape a nuclear explosion".  I just wish they had just had something like the house collapse on top of the refrigerator and leave it at that.  It would have been much more "plausible" than seeing the refrigerator flying hundreds of feet through the air. 
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 06:14:12 PM

Snip out the raft escape and you're left wondering how they survived the plane crash.  Snip out the entire nuclear test city and refrigerator and the movie becomes stronger.
Snip out the refrigerator scene and you're left wondering how in the hell he survived a nuclear explosion.  I understand that it's impossible and all, but your argument holds no water.

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 12, 2008, 06:25:29 PM

While I don't care for the over the top nature of how the refrigerator "escape" was executed, I like the rest of the scene a lot and especially just the sheer concept of "how does Indiana Jones escape a nuclear explosion".  I just wish they had just had something like the house collapse on top of the refrigerator and leave it at that.  It would have been much more "plausible" than seeing the refrigerator flying hundreds of feet through the air. 

Then they'd have to explain how he survived the high levels of radiation.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »

You guys are also ignoring the major complaint, which was the absolute absurdity of the entire plotline. I could have stomached Indy surviving 10 nuclear explosions by hopping through the entire Kenmore product lineup if the plot hadn't been so utterly far-fetched and stupid.

The "the old movies were unrealistic and over-the-top too" argument only holds up so far. That's like saying "Well Jurassic Park had dinosaurs too!" when somebody complains that Jurassic Park 4 shouldn't have had astronaut dinosaurs flying through space trying to save the world from cannibalistic cheeseburgers.

It's not the unrealism, it's the scale. If I tell my mom I didn't steal a candy bar when I did, that's a lie. If I tell my mom my Uncle touched my pee-pee, that's a lie. Two lies, TOTALLY different scale.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:35:19 PM by YellowKing » Logged
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 12, 2008, 06:33:22 PM

You guys are also ignoring the major complaint, which was the absolute absurdity of the entire plotline. I could have stomached Indy surviving 10 nuclear explosions by hopping through the entire Kenmore product lineup if the plot hadn't been so utterly far-fetched and stupid.

The "the old movies were unrealistic and over-the-top too" argument only holds up so far. That's like saying "Well Jurassic Park had dinosaurs too!" when somebody complains that Jurassic Park 4 shouldn't have had astronaut dinosaurs flying through space trying to save the world from cannibalistic cheeseburgers.

I find it amusing that when someone takes the most far-fetched Bible stories and makes a movie and it's the BEST MOVIE EVAH!.  Make a movie with the same characters with aliens and it's crap.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 06:32:36 PM

They did actually- it was shown to be a lead-lined refrigerator. 
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »

Here's the review I wrote up for my friends:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Indiana Jones and his hat are at it again as he and his lovable band try to beat the Russians to the mystery of a crystal skull found in South America.  Of course when I say lovable band I mean completely annoying collection of characters who add nothing to the movie.  By far the worst of the series, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull feels like a bad movie you'd see at a theme park.  Each pointless chase scene seems followed by another pointless chase scene.  The Russians are okay as bad guys (nothing beats Nazis), but the second-tier bad guys (crazed villagers, tomb guardians, swarming giant ants) are as aggravating as anything you'd find in a Stephen Sommers movie.  Do not waste your time with this garbage.  F&%k everybody who had anything to do with this crap.

As you can see, I hated it.  From the stupid swordfight chase scene (swords???) to the monkeys who hate communists, this movie sucked.  
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on June 12, 2008, 06:36:56 PM

Sorry, I didn't explain myself further.  I meant when he got out of the fridge.  He flew far more than just a few hundred feet.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »

He means after he got out of the fridge.  I think we're supposed to believe the fridge flew out of the danger zone.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 12, 2008, 06:33:22 PM

I don't get this YK, I guess because it's the first thing I think of when people complain about Indy 4. 

We have a mythical container with spiritual powers, but it only kills those who look at it and only when it's open, but that's ok?

We have an evil cult that has a high-priest that can pull out beating hearts, all while leaving the victim alive, so he can be lowered and burned in liquid, hot magma, but that's ok?

We have the magical holy grail that gives life, heals wounds, keeps knights alive for centuries, only as long as they stay behind the magic seal, but that's ok?

Indy 4 is a total continuation of the previous 3 movies.  They all have supernatural, over the top stuff, cheesy banter, and ridiculous scenarios.  Seems to me that they are all enjoyable 2 hour action flicks.  How come you guys feel differently?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2008, 06:43:01 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 06:14:12 PM

Snip out the refrigerator scene and you're left wondering how in the hell he survived a nuclear explosion.
Discussions work better if people don't skip half the words the other says.  I'm arguing that the entire test city scene made the movie worse.  I enjoyed the movie, but I enjoyed it despite the aliens, despite the CGI zoo, and despite the test city + refrigerator.  Note the plus sign indicating that I'm including the nuclear test city along with the refrigerator.

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 06:36:24 PM

I find it amusing that when someone takes the most far-fetched Bible stories and makes a movie and it's the BEST MOVIE EVAH!.  Make a movie with the same characters with aliens and it's crap.

The far-fetched religious stories are based on ancient artifacts and legend, which fits for a fantastical archaeologist adventure.  The alien story is based on stories invented in the 50s, which isn't as fitting for a fantastical archaeological adventure.  When you hear "archaeologist" do you think of people digging up religious and/or historical artifacts or do you think about people digging for proof of alien conspiracies?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2008, 06:44:47 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 06:37:52 PM

Sorry, I didn't explain myself further.  I meant when he got out of the fridge.  He flew far more than just a few hundred feet.

Ah, gotcha.

See, to me, it would have been sufficient with the scene of them scrubbing him down in the shower.  Realistic?  Hell, no.  But it's not about realism.  It's about if you can sell it.  Indy traveling on the U-boat in Raiders and not getting caught or drowned is also impossible to believe.  But the film sells it so well that you don't think about it until after the movie is over and then it's like "aw, who cares?  It was a great scene!"
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 06:43:01 PM

Discussions work better if people don't skip half the words the other says.  I'm arguing that the entire test city scene made the movie worse.  I enjoyed the movie, but I enjoyed it despite the aliens, despite the CGI zoo, and despite the test city + refrigerator.  Note the plus sign indicating that I'm including the nuclear test city along with the refrigerator.

Why did that make the movie worse?  Were there no test cities around nuclear bomb sites?  Like in your point about the raft had something to do with the story, did the test city not do so in this one?  I'm not arguing with you just because.  It's just that your argument doesn't make sense to me when it comes to this scene.

The far-fetched religious stories are based on ancient artifacts and legend, which fits for a fantastical archaeologist adventure.  The alien story is based on stories invented in the 50s, which isn't as fitting for a fantastical archaeological adventure.  When you hear "archaeologist" do you think of people digging up religious and/or historical artifacts or do you think about people digging for proof of alien conspiracies?

He didn't go digging for alien conspiracies.  He went digging for the truth behind the crystal skulls and happened upon an alien conspiracy.  That's very different.  Archaeologists dig for facts, regardless of their origin.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »

How come you guys feel differently?

I guess like wonderpug pointed out, it's the genre-jumping that just rubs me the wrong way. We had three movies based on a religious theme (Temple of Doom was still religious in terms of the cult aspect). Then they just up and jump it into X Files country.

Then to know Spielberg and Lucas, two of the biggest alien fetishists in the known universe are behind it, and it just pisses me off. Keep your goddamn aliens in Star Wars where they belong.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 06:52:05 PM

He didn't go digging for alien conspiracies.  He went digging for the truth behind the crystal skulls and happened upon an alien conspiracy.  That's very different.  Archaeologists dig for facts, regardless of their origin.

And that's it exactly. Compared to previous Indy installments, this feels more like a modern concoction than something to do with the past, which is what the others were about. Putting aliens in a story like this feels like a copout, especially with the ending that didn't make sense.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2008, 07:48:14 PM »

Why did that make the movie worse?  Were there no test cities around nuclear bomb sites?  Like in your point about the raft had something to do with the story, did the test city not do so in this one?  I'm not arguing with you just because.  It's just that your argument doesn't make sense to me when it comes to this scene.

I can't think of a single action scene from the first three movies that didn't have to do with the heroes either escaping the bad guys or escaping dungeon traps.  The raft is how they escape the plane that was under the control of the bad guys.  The nuclear bomb doesn't have anything to do with anything.  We have a great "Indy escapes the bad guys" sequence, then he takes a rocket car out to a test site and there's a bomb.  The bad guys aren't trying to get him with the bomb, it just happens to be nuclear bomb testing day.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:49 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 07:48:14 PM

I can't think of a single action scene from the first three movies that didn't have to do with the heroes either escaping the bad guys or escaping dungeon traps.  The raft is how they escape the plane that was under the control of the bad guys.  The nuclear bomb doesn't have anything to do with anything.  We have a great "Indy escapes the bad guys" sequence, then he takes a rocket car out to a test site and there's a bomb.  The bad guys aren't trying to get him with the bomb, it just happens to be nuclear bomb testing day.

Oh, I see what you mean now.  Keep in mind, though, that it wasn't a testing day.  While Indy was fighting the big Russian henchman, they launched the rocket car and caused the explosion.  It was a catalyst from their fight, not a scheduled bomb test.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2008, 07:58:34 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 07:51:49 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 07:48:14 PM

Oh, I see what you mean now.  Keep in mind, though, that it wasn't a testing day.  While Indy was fighting the big Russian henchman, they launched the rocket car and caused the explosion.  It was a catalyst from their fight, not a scheduled bomb test.

Really?  I thought the guards at the gates said something about special testing happening that day?
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2008, 07:58:34 PM

Really?  I thought the guards at the gates said something about special testing happening that day?

I don't remember that at all.  That doesn't mean I'm right, though.  Oh well...
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 08:33:58 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2008, 07:58:34 PM

I don't remember that at all.  That doesn't mean I'm right, though.  Oh well...

Just asked the wife.  She has an uncanny ability to remember small random facts from movies we watch, and she confirmed that at the gate the guards say something to the effect of "Sorry, you can't come through here.  We're doing some weapons testing. something something."
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure the rocket wasn't tied to the bomb at all.  Completely unrelated.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 12, 2008, 08:54:15 PM

Just asked the wife.  She has an uncanny ability to remember small random facts from movies we watch, and she confirmed that at the gate the guards say something to the effect of "Sorry, you can't come through here.  We're doing some weapons testing. something something."

You know what?  I think you're right.  Now that you mention it, I remember that part.  It still doesn't bother me that much.

Quote from: McNutt on June 12, 2008, 09:05:14 PM

I'm pretty sure the rocket wasn't tied to the bomb at all.  Completely unrelated.

then what purpose do you suggest it did serve?
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »

It served as another chase/escape scene.  The movie had about five times more of those than it needed.  It's no different than their chase to the quicksand pit.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »

Why did that make the movie worse?  Were there no test cities around nuclear bomb sites? 

For me, I groaned as soon as he got into that test city. Not because test cities didn't happen, but because there was no way for him to escape a nuclear bomb in a way that made the scene good. If jumping into a fridge is the best they could come up with, the entire scene should have been left on the cutting room floor. It would have been perfectly fine for them to go from Indy escaping on the rocket to Indy talking with the government agents about what happened. They just tried to fit in a nuclear bomb somewhere in the story, because it is set in the 50's

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »

Quote from: McNutt on June 12, 2008, 09:14:58 PM

It served as another chase/escape scene.  The movie had about five times more of those than it needed.  It's no different than their chase to the quicksand pit.

So you didn't chuckle at the snakes reference in that scene?
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 12, 2008, 09:16:43 PM

They just tried to fit in a nuclear bomb somewhere in the story, because it is set in the 50's

Exactly.  It had nothing to do with the story and was just chase/escape filler.  And bad filler at that.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2008, 09:22:07 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on June 12, 2008, 09:20:16 PM

So you didn't chuckle at the snakes reference in that scene?

That wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough to warrant all that crap just to give them a chance to talk.  They could have done that in a tent.  Instead we had to listen to even more John Williams' chase music.
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »

Just as I told my friend, "it's not the movie it you who grew up."
Indy 4 has been same as previous movies, it's just that we are not young kid anymore.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »

Quote from: biggercup on June 12, 2008, 09:52:02 PM

Indy 4 has been same as previous movies, it's just that we are not young kid anymore.

Speaking as someone that hasn't grown up, Indy4 was a turd. nod
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2008, 05:31:57 AM »

Indy IV was fucking horrible as I've mentioned previously. I have, however, read the Frank Darabont draft and I'm here to say it's much, much better. I keeps the same overall story with a similar ending which I shall now detail. I enjoyed it vastly more than the movie and will now disregard completely the movie in favor of this script as canon. Forthwith, my Q&A on the Darabont draft:

Is the Darabont draft as good as it has been rumored?

I'd say it's not a fabled lost relic of arcane power, but it's a damn good read that has what the film utterly lacked - energy. This thing moves and once things roar to life they don't slow down. Gone are the pages and pages and pages of relentless exposition of the most boring order. In their place are action scenes of unbelievable awesomeness and much wittier banter by far.

So how is this version of "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" different than what we saw on screen?

For starters, it retains the original title of "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods." For another, it is not entirely different than what we saw. Remember that several scribes worked for 10+ years on this beast and the result we saw in theaters was a Frankenstein's Monster that cobbled together disparate elements from all those drafts. Had we read each draft, we would have been able to point to the film and say, "Oh that belonged to Darabont. Oh that belonged to Writers X, Y, and Z." It's like Lucas kept a bare bones of this draft and others, cobbled them together, then at the last second realized someone had to flesh things out and the result was the aforementioned relentless exposition trying (in vain) to tie up all those plot threads.

Does Indy come off better in this draft than in the film?

Much. He's a little surlier than he was in the film, but that weariness serves him well. Darabont also knows how to write Indy's one liners as well as his reactions to the impossible situations he finds himself in. Frequently.

Please tell me Marion Ravenwood has more to do in this version than just stand around and smile.

Oh good God yes. This is the Marion all of us fell in love with when we first saw "Raiders." Marion may be older but she's lost none of her spirit nor the fire we were blown away by. She hardly stands around in this and gets right in the middle of things the second we see her. Her greeting to Indiana is sure to make fans laugh out loud.

Are there tons of references to the other films? Also, what about the rumored cameo by Henry Jones Sr.?

There are a few references to previous adventures with a previous Indy fling getting a surprise mention. The one major reference that I'll not spoil is a doozy of a throwback to "Raiders" that left me on the floor laughing as I visualized it. It may strike people as too much, but I found it hilarious.

Henry Jones Sr. does make an appearance and I can understand Sean Connery blowing it off. It's not much more than a glorified cameo and the capper is out of character completely. They actually did a better job with the reference to him in the movie, though I prefer the reference to Brody in the script.

Wait a second. There were things in the movie you liked more than in this script?

Believe it or not, yes. I loved the whole opening scene up to and including the refrigerator and the A-bomb. All that is still here but there are a few changes. For instance, Spalko (Cate Blanchett's character) is nowhere to be found and the warehouse is just that - a warehouse. It's described to be like the one at the end of "Raiders" but that's as specific as they get. Also the betrayal of Indy's friend makes sense in the script because it's a Russian friend of his who betrays him to help the Russians capture some plutonium at the beginning. The rocket escape is still there, but I like how they did the scene in the film more. I think it's more consistent in the script to have Indy continually sparring with his Russian friend than with the guy in the movie, but that's me. The only thing I liked about Spalko was that she was a central villain and gave the heroes a single enemy to focus on. In the script, we wind up with four or five villains only one of which is memorable but not in a Belloq sort of way.

So what other things did the script have that the movie kept?

The ants for one thing. It's actually a better scene than the one in the film, and the resulting battle through the jungle is nine kinds of kick ass with nary a sword to be found. It helps that Mutt is nowhere to be found.

Wait... Mutt is no where in the script? So what did they do to fill time?

Mutt is no where near this draft and it is better for it. What they fill the time with is Indy vs. Marion banter and fighting and it is lightyears better than what ever the hell you called the dialogue that ended up in the film. In this, they're fighting almost to the end and they survive some hoary ordeals including a plane fight that has to be read to be believed. I honest to God don't know why Lucas and Spielberg tossed that idea because it's spectacular. It's thrilling, it's funny, it's consistent with the Indy mythos and you know that both Indy and Marion would react exactly as they do during the sequence. This scene alone is the reason you should read this script because it's a text book example of how to build a scene while ratcheting up the tension and throwing in some genuinely funny cracks.

So do they still end it in the land of stupid?

Big time. The difference here though is the ending, while still monumentally retarded, is handled much better. It goes very dark towards the villains and the aliens are brutal. The film presented them as bad but they just created a whirling vortex and that was about it. Here, they'll show you your dreams then rip your freaking soul out through your skull. It's brutal, dark stuff though still a step below God's fury at the end of "Raiders." The ending is still the same only you get another Henry Jones cameo along with one more final present to the fans. This ending made more sense in the context of wrapping up Indy and Marion so if I'm going to be stuck with two suck endings, I choose this one.

So what are your final grades on the movie and this draft of the script?

I'd give the movie an F because it is an Epic Fail. This draft of the script I'd give a B to because I was with it to the end, and then it again went off the edge. But it did so much better with much more enthusiasm so I have to give the edge to the script.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2008, 06:44:59 AM »

I just read it too, and though my thoughts won't be as awesome as Mitch's, I'll agree that it was super fun to read. This script nailed the Indy feel, even with the over-the-top action sequences. And to think Darabont didn't get even a partial writing credit? Might as well call it plagiarism, then.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »

Quote from: biggercup on June 12, 2008, 09:52:02 PM

Where in the world are you getting this vibe?  I just watched the animated TMNT movie and loved it.  Because of TMNT, some Miyazaki films, and other things I've rented recently, Netflix has started putting "Other Children and Family Movies You Might Enjoy!" recommendations on the front page for me. 

Steps to improve Indy for kids and adults alike:

Nix the entire nuclear test site scene, possibly the rocket sled as well.
Replace every CGI furry creature with real furry creatures or eliminate their scenes.
And the big one:

Replace alien skull with a Mayan artifact.  Folklore around artifact alludes to potential Gods from space being worshiped but doesn't hit you over the head with it.  Indy stays skeptical.  At the movie's end climax, something fantastic and magical happens around the artifact and the temple that may seem like it came from the heavens, but you don't actually see a little green man come to life.  Mutt stammers out some exclamation of surprise, like "Did we just?  Was that?" to which seasoned Indy and Marion reply with some snazzy half-mocking one-liner that shows how they take things like that in stride.

Bang zoom, better movie.  Not as good as Raiders, but now it won't be unanimously voted the worst of the quadrilogy.  And that's if you feel the need to keep aliens in it.  I think it'd be even better if it was centered around some Incan sun God instead.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2008, 02:03:50 PM »

Glad I skipped it. After Ep. 1,2,3 which ended up ruining 4,5,6 for me I wasn't falling for it.

Some things are better off left as a memory.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2008, 12:42:52 AM »

Just got back from seeing it.  Loved it.  As usual, the internet hates everything.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2008, 03:26:23 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 13, 2008, 01:06:25 PM

Not as good as Raiders, but now it won't be unanimously voted the worst of the quadrilogy. 

Judging by the positive reaction from many of us that saw it, I think that would hardly be 'unanimous'.  I personally liked this one far better than Last Crusade.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2008, 04:55:15 AM »

Yikes...this movie is about as polarizing as Hillary Clinton. I think allot of people are in the middle (like me), there just not as vocal.

Dave (hoping his fridge is lead lined for when Iran goes nuclear)
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:44 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on June 16, 2008, 12:42:52 AM

Just got back from seeing it.  Loved it.  As usual, the internet hates everything.

Yes, we all hated Iron Man.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2008, 06:33:56 AM »

The internet doesnt hate everything...if you have seen just a few of my posts, you'll know that I at least am a normally quite happy and positive person...but this movie? It just pisses me off for being so over the top, trying to be so much more than it can, and THAT is where it fails for me...

I actually like wonderpugs suggestions - they make perfect sense for me, and are a huge part of the reason for why I didnt like it(ed: The movie)

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: