http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 02:45:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indiana Jones Collection Finally Heading to Blu Ray - Raiders IMAX!  (Read 3500 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »

this fall!

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (February 29, 2012) – The man with the hat is back – and looking better than ever! The world’s favorite globe-trotting archaeologist is, at long last, embarking on his greatest adventure – when The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection will be excavated in the fall of 2012 and will include all four of Indy’s thrilling adventures, using the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation – along with a “best of” collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and a few new surprises.

there's already a pre-order page up on Amazon.  it does include all 4 movies though, which kinda sucks if you already have it on blu.

now let the customary whining about Crystal Skull commence!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:17:49 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »

Does it come packed in a replica lead-lined refrigerator tin? I just KNOW that would be so popular amongst GTers!  smirk Bring your own!

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »

Just think of the fourth movie as a free direct to video bonus disc.  icon_razz
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »

I don't understand all the hate for Crystal Skull.  Sure it was goofy in some areas, but it was an honest and sincere attempt to bring in a new character while paying respect to...

...ah sheesh, I can't write this with a straight face.  Crystal Skull sucked.  

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »

it's official:  September 18th release and Raiders has been given special attention along with remastering the other films:

In June of 1981 director Steven Spielberg and executive producer George Lucas introduced the world to Indiana Jones when the unforgettable Raiders of the Lost Ark debuted in theaters. Exploding to instant acclaim, the film has now been carefully restored, alongside remastered versions of the archaeologist’s other thrilling adventures—Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Prepare for excitement, adventure and snakes—why did it have to be snakes?—all with pristine picture and sound when INDIANA JONES: The Complete Adventures debuts on Blu-ray September 18, 2012 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution.

Supervised by director Steven Spielberg and renowned sound designer Ben Burtt, Raiders of the Lost Ark has been meticulously restored with careful attention to preserving the original look, sound and feel of the iconic film. The original negative was first scanned at 4K and then examined frame-by-frame so that any damage could be repaired.

The sound design was similarly preserved using Burtt’s original master mix, which had been archived and unused since 1981. New stereo surrounds were created using the original music tracks and original effects recorded in stereo but used previously only in mono. In addition, the sub bass was redone entirely up to modern specifications and care was taken to improve dialogue and correct small technical flaws to create the most complete and highest quality version of the sound possible while retaining the director’s vision. The result is an impeccable digital restoration that celebrates the film and its place in cinematic history.

The installments in the franchise have won a combined seven Academy Awards®. Relive every heart-pounding thrill like never before as all four films arrive together, for the first time presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio accompanied by a collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and new bonus features.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »

wow,i got scared then,when you said it had been given special attention i had Lucas and his numerous Star wars releases in my mind

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:17 AM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on February 29, 2012, 09:59:10 PM

Just think of the fourth movie as a free direct to video bonus disc.  icon_razz

icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

keep an eye out:  Raiders of the Lost Ark is supposedly coming to IMAX screens, full details may be out tomorrow.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 12:39:42 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 15, 2012, 12:19:31 AM

keep an eye out:  Raiders of the Lost Ark is supposedly coming to IMAX screens, full details may be out tomorrow.

If its not for the UK i am kicking off,i have to see this baby on the big screen....i have already missed Jaws and Jurassic Park big screen re-releases this year  icon_cry

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 27, 2012, 09:26:32 AM

wow,i got scared then,when you said it had been given special attention i had Lucas and his numerous Star wars releases in my mind

In the scene with the swordsman, they replaced Indy's gun with a flashlight.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:59:54 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on August 15, 2012, 12:54:35 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 27, 2012, 09:26:32 AM

In the scene with the swordsman, they replaced Indy's gun with a flashlight.

and the whole bit at the end with the Nazis and the Ark ceremony turns into a song and dance number, which ends with all of them converting to Judaism.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »

Hey, AMC is having an Indiana Jones marathon on Saturday, Sept. 15, beginning with Raiders of the Lost Ark at 10:30 a.m. (if it's like with the Dark Knight Trilogy, there won't be any trailers).

INDIANA JONES Marathon Coming to AMC Theaters!
http://collider.com/indiana-jones-marathon/189337/

AMC ticket purchase info here (both for the marathon; and Raiders on IMAX):
http://www.amctheatres.com/events/indiana-jones
*The marathon is $25 (like the Dark Knight Trilogy in non-IMAX, so it presumably isn't on IMAX). You do get a cool lanyard pass. No poster as far as I can tell. You also get a collector's poster; I assume like DK Trilogy poster, it stitches together posters from all of the films.

Here's the list of AMC theaters participating:
http://www.amctheatres.com/events/indiana-jones-marathon
*The theater in Va. where I saw the Dark Knight Trilogy's participating in the marathon, so I'm in.  icon_smile

Although I'd be perfectly content just catching the IMAX screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark, I'd love seeing them all on the big screen too. Yes, even the one with the lead lined refrigerator and Shia LaBeouf  smirk Maybe I'll take my mom to see Raiders in IMAX (she never did see it in a theater), and then I can endure another marathon myself.  icon_cool

I only know what time the marathon starts. I'd guess Indy 4 would end around 9 p.m.-ish.

As far as the IMAX Raiders screening (one week starting Sept. 7) goes, although the latest press release points to the IMAX web site, I so far can't find any info about the IMAX screenings and which theaters are participating (although AMC is taking ticket orders).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:33:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »

Will they be restoring the Indiana Jones rape scene?

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 04:07:23 AM »

*ignores the peanut gallery*  Roll Eyes

I got a ticket for the AMC Indy marathon. I'm waiting a bit on the IMAX shows to see if my brother and nephew might be able to join me. I don't really know what the demand's going to be to see a movie or movies people have seen on TV and disc 1,000 times. But I thought the same about the Star Wars re-release in 1997, and the theater ended up being pretty jammed.

I just got a big AMC gift card as credit card cash back so it's time to waste that on a lot of overpriced food.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:10:22 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 05:05:27 AM »

I wish I could make the marathon, but that's Dad's birthday weekend.

I may try to make one of the prior week's showings.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 17, 2012, 05:05:27 AM

I wish I could make the marathon, but that's Dad's birthday weekend.

I may try to make one of the prior week's showings.
And you have something more fun planned for him than 7 hours and 56 minutes (I think that's the total) of Indiana Jones on the big screen?  Bring your own!

OK, maybe you do. And perhaps movie food from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. or so is a bad thing. In fact, afterwards I might need some of that digestive tract-improving yogurt-like stuff Jamie Lee Curtis is hawking.  icon_razz

If it wasn't for search engines making quizzes too easy to answer, that would be a good trivia question -- run time-wise, which is the longest Indiana Jones movie and which is the shortest? You can Google it faster than clicking the spoiler codes.  icon_smile
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Last Crusade was the longest at 2 hours and 7 minutes; Raiders of the Lost Ark was the shortest at 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Oh, and sorry, I wasn't up on South Park enough to understand Crusis' reference earlier. Wikipedia enlightened me. Touche.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:15:55 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »

Hmm. My wedding anniversary falls on 9/15. You know what this means!!  ninja2

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 07:10:21 AM »

Quote from: lildrgn on August 21, 2012, 07:07:24 AM

Hmm. My wedding anniversary falls on 9/15. You know what this means!!  ninja2

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sexy cosplay?

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 12:21:31 PM »

Quote from: lildrgn on August 21, 2012, 07:07:24 AM

Hmm. My wedding anniversary falls on 9/15. You know what this means!!  ninja2
You watch Indiana Jones movies for 7 hrs 56 mins while the wife hangs out at Crate & Barrel?  icon_biggrin "Happy Anniversary!!"

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 06:49:52 PM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »

I kept waiting for the idol to be edited out with something that is somehow more politically correct than the idol.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 02:09:02 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 21, 2012, 09:20:10 PM

I kept waiting for the idol to be edited out with something that is somehow more politically correct than the idol.
Maybe a shrunken voodoo doll head facsimile of George Lucas' head? Perhaps yelling "NOOOOO!!!!" icon_razz

And that's a cool animated GIF, Toe. Now we just need one of Indy shooting the swordsman in the market.  icon_cool

I guess I should go ahead and get a couple IMAX tickets.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:15:01 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 03:34:21 AM »

Oh good grief. I almost ordered tickets for Friday, Sept. 7 by mistake. I caught myself about one browser button away from committing to it.  icon_razz I'll catch it Saturday morning, Sept. 8. I doubt there'll be any mad rush on the IMAX Raiders tickets really, but sometimes when I think that I end up very wrong.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »

Off to Raiders IMAX in the morning  icon_cool

EW has the unused "sword vs. whip duel" sequence video from the BluRay goodies:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/09/07/indiana-jones-raiders-swordsman-exclusive-video/
* It's a bit crude, but interesting. It's pretty clear they made the right choice in 1981 :-)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:48:28 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »

Just got back from the Raiders IMAX show. It was as awesome fun as I remember.  icon_cool It was kind of refreshing to watch a movie focused on characters, dialogue (well, between the action set pieces), stunts and non-digital FX.

Technically, the image seemed a bit blurry to me in spots. I did clean my glasses, so I don't think that was it. Perhaps the DLP image projection was a little off.

The theater was maybe 1/3 full or, many were parents who no doubt saw it as a kid or teen, taking their kids.

Although remastered for IMAX I guess, it's not technically IMAX in size (it's 70mm), so it didn't quite fill the IMAX screen vertically.

When I picked up my online-ordered tickets, it also spat up my ticket for the Indiana Jones marathon next Saturday so I need to protect that ticket.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »

So Raiders IMAX did fine on what was apparently the worst box office weekend for North America in 10 years.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=raidersimax.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/10/showbiz/box-office-posession-ew/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Elsewhere on the chart Summit's new wide release The Cold Light of Day opened in 13th place with a truly dismal $1.8 million from 1,511 theaters. The $25 million film, which Summit co-financed with Intrepid Pictures, has been on the shelf for a while, but the studio had to dump it somewhere — and they chose a weekend when its failure would not likely draw much attention. Audiences issued the thriller a "D+" CinemaScore grade. Here's hoping the film's star, Henry Cavill, fares better as Superman in 2013′s Man of Steel.

The Cold Light of Day finished just a bit ahead of Paramount's one-week-only re-release Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark: The IMAX Experience, which whipped up $1.7 million from 267 IMAX theaters — good for a $6,461 location average.
For comparison, The Avengers did $6,720 per location on its second Friday in release in May.  icon_cool Not bad considering how relatively little marketing was done for the one-week Raiders re-release (outside of movie theater chain web sites, saw little advertising online or in print about it), and it didn't enjoy inflated 3-D pricing. Maybe they should let Raiders keep playing for a while.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »

EW has footage of the Indy swordman scene before Harrison got ill and shot the dude.

Watch it here at the bottom of the page.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 10, 2012, 10:47:20 PM

EW has footage of the Indy swordman scene before Harrison got ill and shot the dude.

Watch it here at the bottom of the page.
Yeah it was fun to finally see that.  icon_cool

As filmed, the "oh just shoot him" scene worked as well Saturday as it did 31 years ago. The laughter was just a lot louder and longer-lasting in summer 1981. icon_smile

Even if I can all but recite the entire screenplay for Raiders from memory, I never got tired of watching it. It's the first videotape I ever purchased (in early 1984 I think -- I didn't even have a VCR yet!  icon_smile). Along with Aliens and The Empire Strikes Back, I tend to list it as a "favorite movie" or on lists of movies I never get tired of watching.

I'd run back and see it again but the Indy Marathon's coming up Saturday, so I might as well do my flexing and hope my body's up to sitting in a theater 8+ hours and eating theater food all day long.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

I forget if I shared this earlier (found this on Facebook), I'll post a nicer version this weekend once I get my own:

"We must hurry. There is nothing to fear here."
"That's what scares me..."
 paranoid

"I had it, Marcus. I had it in my hands. There's only one place he can sell it... Merrakash." (I'm probably not spelling it correctly).

I remember hoping the intro sequence for Indy 4 would have Indy in Merrakash, still trying to find the idol. And maybe as I mentioned earlier, Abner Ravenwood not being dead afterall. Why didn't they ask me to do the Indy 4 screenplay? I would've at least spared you guys the lead-lined fridge, but I might have inflicted a grown up Short Round on you.  icon_razz

P.S. Did anyone ever see Alfred Molina (poor doomed Abido in the intro sequence of Raiders) as Doctor Octopus material? And so good at it too. icon_smile
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:25:04 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »

Hey, good news for Raiders of the Lost Ark fans...

Raiders of the Lost Ark' theatrical run extended
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-raiders-theaters-20120914,0,6447799.story
After its "one-week-only" re-release in 267 Imax theaters ended the day before, Paramount Pictures said Friday that "Raiders of the Lost Ark" will continue playing this weekend and add some non-Imax screens.
The total number of locations playing the 1981 film, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford, will be more than 300, Paramount said.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" has been a hit so far in its Imax run. In one week, it has grossed a healthy $2.4 million. On Thursday, it was the No. 10 movie overall with $256,085. Its per-theater average of $824 was higher than the top five films combined.  thumbsup
Boy, what a disastrous box office month it's been. Maybe this'll be a new trend in dead box office months -- 1970s and 1980s films to the rescue  icon_smile

Speak of the devil - John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN getting Theatrical Re-Release! (Oct. 25)
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/9/14/john-carpenters-halloween-getting-theatrical-re-release.html

Apart from The Avengers and TDKR, this was apparently one of the worst box office summers in many years. I read all this fretting and puffery among pundits and trade papers. imho it boils down to -- make better movies with characters we care about. It's not rocket science.  icon_smile

update: I got a little sick Friday night. I'm hoping it's just a brief bug. Man, lousy timing. I plan to at least get to the theater long enough to check in and get the poster and lanyard pass but can't promise I'll be able to sit through the whole marathon.  icon_frown
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:42:58 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

I just sent a tweet to Paramount asking if Raiders at cinemas was coming to UK .. icon_cry

saw this on Amazon for the Blu Ray
$64.99
http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Complete-Adventures-Blu-ray/dp/B000NQRE9Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1347701276&sr=1-1&keywords=indiana+jones+blu-ray+limited+edition

out this Tuesday

thats on Amazon.com

however,i found this on Amazon.co.uk for £59.99,they also have the above version as well for £43.00

Reproduction Holy Grail prop (144 pages)
Film cell
Grail rubbing
Menu from Pankot Palace
Four rare film stills
Club Obi-Wan matchbook
Travel tickets
Two photos
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Complete-Adventures-Limited-Collectors/dp/B0089TGJ18/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347701094&sr=8-2

and this is released here October 8th(which is our release date for Blu Ray Indy),you can also click the above link to see what's on each of the 5 discs

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 02:21:12 AM »

I don't care how wonderful the BluRay sets end up being -- it's not the same as seeing it in a crowded theater with a bunch of fellow Indy enthusiasts.  Bring your own! Though since I don't have BluRay, still use a tube TV, etc., perhaps it's just envy on my part.  *Fist Shaking*  icon_smile

I had a wonderful time today. Still felt a bit queasy at times (took a couple doses of daytime cold medicine to stave off this weird fever), but it's almost like my love for the movies made me feel better.  icon_smile Here are pix of my lanyard pass, fun stuff, and you can see the schedule times. Indy 4 show was early enough I could pick up dinner in the mall afterwards. For most of the movies, there were maybe 15 minutes or so between them and no trailers -- so given this mall AMC only had two cashiers working (and a few folks handling refills only in lines that many of us kept mistakenly assuming were cashier lines), it was sometimes tough to get back to the next movie if you waited to get concessions stuff in between.

Here's the collector's poster they gave all Indy marathon attendees. It's 40" by 27" I think. The Indy/Harrison image is from the 1982 Raiders theatrical re-release poster I believe, and then there are sketches of the various characters from all four films spread around the side:

Between some of the movies, AMC employees clumsily held trivia contests for some additional posters. I'm not sure what those were (I guess maybe of the individual Indy movies). Along with some coupons for free drinks or popcorn. The final prize was an Indiana Jones comic book. I actually bought many of them around 1984-1985 and later threw them away at a comic book con when nobody would buy from me, and then some wacko fished them out of the restroom garbage can I tossed them in.  icon_razz

Anyway, most of the questions were ridiculousy easy and sort of boiled down to who raised their hand first. At one point they asked, "What is Indy most afraid of?" Ridiculous, so they tried a different question. The only question that seemed reasonably challenging was "when Indy uses his lighter in the catacombs under the library in Venice in The Last Crusade, what symbol is on the lighter?" I felt bad for the guy who answered "3-leaf clover"  icon_razz It was "4-leaf clover."

I enjoyed everything, even Indy 4. I actually found Temple of Doom far more fun/funny than I remembered (no I don't mean the heart getting torn out of the sacrificial guy, or the crocodiles devouring Thuggees late in the movie  icon_smile) although why Kate Capshaw's endlessly screeching performance made Spielberg fall in love with her, I'll never know.  icon_razz Attendance was pretty good given there's no new movie in this particular marathon (unlike the Dark Knight Trilogy). Not a sell out but decently crowded. I did notice a few folks didn't stick around for Indy 4, but by no means did everyone flee (most stuck around for the whole thing).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:30:06 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »

just got my collection, I really wish they had gone with traditional holders for the blu rays instead of having them slide in and out of sleeves.  easy to fix though; I just went ahead and ordered some cases from Amazon to put them in.  off from work tomorrow, so I think it might be an Indy marathon day.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 18, 2012, 10:49:43 PM

off from work tomorrow, so I think it might be an Indy marathon day.
Just remember it doesn't count unless you sit through Indy 4. ALL THE WAY THROUGH. You can't run at the sight of the lead lined fridge (I almost did at the theater on Saturday), CGI groundhogs and ant swarms and monkeys, Shia L., Cate Blanchett's horrible wig and Boris & Natasha accent, all of it!!!  You must watch it ... alll... paranoid

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 12:37:27 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 18, 2012, 10:57:50 PM

Just remember it doesn't count unless you sit through Indy 4. ALL THE WAY THROUGH. You can't run at the sight of the lead lined fridge (I almost did at the theater on Saturday), CGI groundhogs and ant swarms and monkeys, Shia L., Cate Blanchett's horrible wig and Boris & Natasha accent, all of it!!!  You must watch it ... alll... paranoid

Cate Blanchett was one of the things I actually liked, IIRC.  And I might not RC, since I've tried to blot the experience as a whole from my mind.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 12:40:12 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 18, 2012, 10:57:50 PM

I'm probably one of the few here who didn't mind Crystal Skull.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »

I generally like Cate Blanchett, I just found the wig and accent a little ridiculous though probably that was on purpose. It's too bad a prequel never dug up Indy's rival archaeologist Forrestal (only witnessed briefly as a rotting corpse in Raiders).

I liked Indy 4 enough to see it 3 times in the theaters back in 2008 (along with Iron Man and TDK, it felt like I spent that whole summer in theaters). I just never felt much burn to see it on DVD or TV after that. In a way that was good for the marathon TV experience -- it was the one film I hadn't seen so many times that I'd memorized it.

It still surprised me how late Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen) shows up in Indy 4. I don't think she shows up until about the last 1/4 of the movie. I would've rather had more of her and less of "Mutt," but I'm sure he helped bring a younger audience to the film in 2008. I get that the story was sort of "building up to" Marion's reappearance and the realization she's Mutt's mom etc.

I was reading up on the late screenwriter Jeffrey Boam (died in 2000 at age 54), who did the screenplays for Last Crusade, Lethal Weapons 2 and 3, Innerspace, and many others. Although he has no credit on the Crystal Skull screenplay, he had apparently worked with Lucas on an Indy 4 script in the mid 1990s that was set in the 1950s though it's not really clear what the "McGuffin" was in that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:13:32 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2012, 12:40:12 PM

I'm probably one of the few here who didn't mind Crystal Skull.

You're not alone.  I enjoyed it a great deal.  Instead of thinking about whether Indy could survive a nuclear detonation in a fridge, I relished the fact that Indy's one tough motherfucker.  Takes a licking and keeps on ticking and all of that.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »

I did find some nice blu ray covers for when I get the individual cases.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

They are the same as my DVD Boxset covers(although obviously not with the Blu Ray logos and the HD thing next to the features listing)...there is a 4th disc for the Bonus Material as well(as it was before Kingdom was out)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: